[OOC] Isla de Formas

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[OOC] Isla de Formas

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Isla de Formas

A group of strangers to one another each in of a vacation find themselves winning without necessarily having entered in the first place a sweepstakes. The prize is a free round trip and month's stay, all kinds of amenities included, on a new resort island they've never heard of. But the pictures look nice, and overall it seems legit enough to at least give it a try. There is a party on the night of everyone's arrival, so many of the guests have, at least in passing, met one another. That's not to say that they'll recognize each other, however...

The story begins the morning after everyone arrives, goes to the hotel, and sleeps in their room for the night. They slowly discover there is more to the island than they knew: It has a curse placed on it, that anyone who "lives there" (as defined by sleeping on the island even a single night) gains a second form, which they will change into involuntarily. Each person hit by the curse has a different trigger for their change to the new form, and back to their old form from it. The new forms are all sorts of different from the old ones: Different genders sometimes, ages perhaps, possibly even possessing some magical or non-human traits such as animal tails, horns, wings, impossible eye colors..so on, so forth. And yet any clothes owned by a person under the curse are changed as they are to fit perfectly their new appearance, and changed back along with them as well.

The island's residents knew all about the curse already, of course, but took great pains to hide it from the guests until morning...

This is the OOC end of the RP; I want anyone joining to put a character sheet in here. I doubt there'll be any real objections, but it'll be helpful to everyone if there's a record of this stuff we can all look at. This is a form to use for that purpose:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (original name. Include a / and their alternate form's name if you want to)
[b]Gender:[/b] (original / alternate; they don't have to be different)
[b]Age:[/b] (actual age; should be at least 18 unless part of a family that went together)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Original form's general mindset)
[b]Mental changes:[/b] (mental changes associated with the alternate form. The curse can only give mild mental effects; both forms are still the same person)
[b]Original Appearance:[/b] (description and/or picture link)
[b]Shifted Appearance:[/b] (description and/or picture link)
[b]Triggers:[/b] (to and from triggers can be different things but don't have to be; try to pick different triggers from everyone else)
[b]Background/History:[/b]

Note: The default for this RP is people handling their own characters' tfs entirely. However, if you want your character's first change or such to be handled by someone else, feel free to ask.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: [OOC] Isla de Formas

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 pm

I'll go ahead and put my character here:

Name: Karl Wolt
Personality: Cheerful and usually calm, pretty smart, awkward around people he doesn't know.
Mental changes: Becomes more excitable and energetic; gains a tendency to do dog-like things such as bark or growl, especially when excited.
Original Appearance: Tall, dark-haired, with a well-trimmed chin-strap beard; a little on the slim side. Moderately handsome, generally wears casual clothes.
Shifted Appearance: This.
Triggers: Changes to the other form when the sun rises, back to normal when it sets. This depends entirely on the timing of the sunrise/sunset; the change still happens even if he can't see the sun at all.
Background/History: After several years' education and a couple more years of working as a software engineer at a gigantic mega-corporation, Karl is sick of what he's been doing with his life and wants some time off without having to think about work to figure it out. He never really took days off since he started working, and doesn't get sick often, so he was able to take off a whole month off for this.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 am

Name: Elliot
Personality: Overly confident and always chasing girls.
Mental changes: Won't lose any memories or personality, but his emotional maturity will change to match his appearance. He'll find sucking his thumb or a pacifier to be soothing, and be more easily entertained by childish things.
Original Appearance: This
Shifted Appearance: This
Triggers: Any kind of kiss given or received.
Background/History: Elliot has always had a fairly easy life. His Mother was a model and his Father ran a worldwide investment company, so while they were often away on long business trips, he got to live in a huge house, with staff to do all the chores, and had pretty much every physical possession a child could want. Never brilliant in school, he was lucky enough to inherit his Mother's good looks, and has been doing modelling work since his early teens. He's appeared in commercials for everything from clothes to vacations and home furniture! With money not being a worry, he didn't think twice about taking time away from work to come to the Island to hopefully meet some girls!
Last edited by Harri-chan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:17 pm

Let's give this a try...

Name: Scotty Hawthorn / Stella
Personality: Generally friendly and laid back. Tends to be very informal.
Mental changes: Acts much more formally than normal; more of a "proper lady"
Original Appearance: Well tanned, with messy brown hair and blue eyes. Typically wears a red polo shirt and torn, faded jeans.
Shifted Appearance: This.
Triggers: Change is triggered both ways by drinking water. Scotty/Stella can only change this way once every hour.
Background/History: The oldest son of a southern farming family (a dairy farm, specifically), Scotty's well used to doing hard work. Though he doesn't remember entering this contest, his parents encouraged him to take some time off and check it out.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:39 pm

Name: Mike Anderson
Personality: Mike is a friendly person and rather polite around others. He tries his best to help others around him. Though he can be a bit of a messy person in appearance and how he keeps his surroundings.
Mental changes: Has to obey small commands.
Original Appearance: Normal Appearance
Shifted Appearance: Maid Doll Joint
Triggers: To change: When name is called upon.
To change back: After cleaning a room.
Background/History: Mike has been working hard at his office job for a few years trying to save money to move out. He hasn't had a vacation in a few years due to working so hard. Eventually Mike had saved enough money to move out into a house. Though his house is always a mess and could use some cleaning. When the chance for a free vacation popped up, Mike was willing to jump on it just so he can take some time off and relax.

Could somebody do the original transformation. That would be grand.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Probably going to think about starting fairly soon. I'll ask for some clarification just so we all know these things..

-Ookalf: Is Scotty changed by only regular water, or by drinking anything with water (i.e., soda, fruit juice, etc.)?
-Miki: Just so I'm sure I understand, the shifted appearance is a human-sized animated doll? And does the trigger require his full name be called ("Mike Anderson") or would a person saying "Hey, Mike, how are you?" be enough? Does the trigger "know" the difference between someone actually trying to address him and someone saying the word 'mike' to refer to a microphone, for example?

I'm sorry if this is too much nitpicking.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Just wanna let you know that I reeeeeeally want to join, but I'm still brainstorming a character. I'll replace this post with an actual profile once it's ready to go!

Name: Rico Amador / Rica
Personality: A rather morose fellow. Failure after failure has sapped him of his optimism and confidence, and he's quite unlikely to reach out to anyone unless they do the same to him first.
Mental changes: Her demeanor gains quite the boost in cheer and friendliness, though it'll still take some time for her to regain her lost bravado.
Original Appearance: A lanky, tan man of clear Spanish descent. His black hair has grown long and unruly after months of neglect, its tangled locks running wild alongside his cold brown eyes. His clothes usually consist of a beaten leather jacket and an equally worn pair of dark jeans, with a pair of abused black boots completing the ensemble.
Shifted Appearance: This, but it might change if I find a better picture.
Triggers: The ring of a bell. Any similar sounds, like the clinking of glasses or the jingle of an alarm clock, will trigger his changes too.
Background/History: Not too long ago, Rico had just about everything a person could ask for. Fame. Fortune. Love. But a sudden car accident stripped him of what he valued most: His musical talent. Soon, the rest of his life came crumbling down as he fell into a spiral of depression and self-destruction. Thoughts of suicide were rife in his mind... until he received a fateful letter in the mail.
Last edited by Mystic Mina on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ookalf » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Probably going to think about starting fairly soon. I'll ask for some clarification just so we all know these things..

-Ookalf: Is Scotty changed by only regular water, or by drinking anything with water (i.e., soda, fruit juice, etc.)?

I'm fine with asking for clarification! As for your question... I honestly hadn't thought of that. Now that you've brought it up, though, I think I'll have it include things with water in them. Might make the changes more likely to happen on accident.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Alright, cool. The rules-lawyeresque questions are basically going to be in character for Karl to ask and try to get people to experiment with, so it's helpful if the authors already know the answers to them.

I have one point of curiosity on Rico: Is he famous enough that one or more of the other characters might recognize him? And if they do, what musical talent did he lose (as someone who did recognize him as a famous person from a while ago would surely know what he was famous for, too)?

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Probably going to think about starting fairly soon. I'll ask for some clarification just so we all know these things..

-Miki: Just so I'm sure I understand, the shifted appearance is a human-sized animated doll? And does the trigger require his full name be called ("Mike Anderson") or would a person saying "Hey, Mike, how are you?" be enough? Does the trigger "know" the difference between someone actually trying to address him and someone saying the word 'mike' to refer to a microphone, for example?

Oh yeah. I was going to say that it was a human size animated doll. Yes. It is one of those.

I was really not sure about the trigger. I guess at first, it could be done by just saying the word "Mike" and then it can be limiting to "Mike, how are you?". That is if it is possible to evolve. If not then "Mike" is fine enough.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:33 am

I've filled in my missing info.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mystic Mina » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:14 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:Alright, cool. The rules-lawyeresque questions are basically going to be in character for Karl to ask and try to get people to experiment with, so it's helpful if the authors already know the answers to them.

I have one point of curiosity on Rico: Is he famous enough that one or more of the other characters might recognize him? And if they do, what musical talent did he lose (as someone who did recognize him as a famous person from a while ago would surely know what he was famous for, too)?

I might have overstated the fame part. I'm thinking of him as more of a former rising star; he was just about to become the next big thing, but circumstance took his chance away before he could really make a big splash. Also, he's a singer and guitarist. Used to be part of a band, but it all fell apart when he got his throat and right hand cut up in the car accident.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:21 pm

Mina: Okay, just wanted to know in case it came up/would be useful.
Miki: I suppose it's possible for the curse to rely on what Mike 'considers' calling his name to be, or something like that, in which case it could react to slightly different phrases over time.

Last order of business before we start: Doing other people's first tf's. For now, Miki's the only one who's asked. Does anyone else want to do that, or should I take it up? And is there anyone else who wants someone else to do their first one?

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm fine doing my own.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 pm

I can do my own. And, I think I'll let Miki say if they want anyone in particular to do theirs.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Roleplaying