Welcome to The Club: An Unexpected Reopening

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Welcome to The Club: An Unexpected Reopening

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:42 am

Nephilim wrote:"Could you offer something a little more constructive? Maybe you don't like the lighting? Do you think the place needs more decorations?" Meryl's left eye was developing a faint, but noticeable twitch. Did this guy seriously come in here just to mess around with her? "Just saying it looks 'out of sorts' doesn't really help me."

"Lack of stuff its also kind of dirty and there's only one member of staff?"
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:54 am

"Thank you! At least one man here has some manners, unlike a certain someone." Meryl gave the unnamed man another evil glare. It was only the first day, and she already had to deal with this kind of heckling. "For your information, I actually opened my bar a day earlier than I originally planned. I'm using this first day to test the waters and see what people think before I dive into things in earnest."

James spotted the usual liquors on the wall: Gin, vodka, whiskey, and scotch among others. Quite a few of the drinks on display, however, seemed a bit more... Exotic. These ones were unlabeled, and their bottles were far more bizarre in appearance.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:13 am

Nephilim wrote:"Thank you! At least one man here has some manners, unlike a certain someone." Meryl gave the unnamed man another evil glare. It was only the first day, and she already had to deal with this kind of heckling. "For your information, I actually opened my bar a day earlier than I originally planned. I'm using this first day to test the waters and see what people think before I dive into things in earnest."

James spotted the usual liquors on the wall: Gin, vodka, whiskey, and scotch among others. Quite a few of the drinks on display, however, seemed a bit more... Exotic. These ones were unlabeled, and their bottles were far more bizarre in appearance.

"Well I guess you are lucky I'm not a health inspector then"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:24 am

Meryl was about to throw the trenchcoat-wearing troll right out of her bar, but an idea suddenly formed in her head after she heard the last few words he spoke. It was a horribly meanspirited idea, but then again, she was dealing with a horribly meanspirited man.

"You're right. I am lucky, and I should be thankful for your comments. How about I give you a drink on the house? It'll be a show of my appreciation." Meryl flashed him a bright, albeit somewhat forced, smile. "I didn't catch your name, by the way. You are...?"
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:36 am

Nephilim wrote:Meryl was about to throw the trenchcoat-wearing troll right out of her bar, but an idea suddenly formed in her head after she heard the last few words he spoke. It was a horribly meanspirited idea, but then again, she was dealing with a horribly meanspirited man.

"You're right. I am lucky, and I should be thankful for your comments. How about I give you a drink on the house? It'll be a show of my appreciation." Meryl flashed him a bright, albeit somewhat forced, smile. "I didn't catch your name, by the way. You are...?"

"My name is Jack"he says as he looks over the drink apprasingly
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:54 am

"Well, Jack, I'm sure you and I are going to know each other quite a bit more very, very soon." Meryl's smile grew even wider as she slid her present over to Jack's waiting hands. The drink had a pale brown color and smelled faintly of oak. It didn't seem like anything poisonous... Yet. "The best way to enjoy that one is by gulping it all down in one shot. Not many people can handle it, but something tells me you can."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:58 am

He sniffs it, not notcing anything off and takes swigs it down
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:12 am

Jack's beverage tasted pleasant enough, and he was able to down the entire glass with ease. However, after swallowing the last drop, his throat suddenly felt quite dry. It was as if the drink had somehow sucked every bit of moisture out!

"Oh, sorry. I forgot to tell you about the after effect. It's a bit nasty. Leaves your mouth feeling like a desert." Meryl patted Jack's hand in a show of false concern. "You might want to lie down for a bit. I've got a couch in my office you could use. It's the third door down in the back."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 am

*He coughs repeatedly heading towards the office as directed*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:36 am

The room Jack walked into didn't seem like an office. It was only big enough for one person to stand in for one thing, and there were mops and other cleaning supplies stacked on the walls. It looked more like a supply closet. In fact it WAS a supply closet, but before Jack could leave, the door slammed shut behind him trapping him inside.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:43 am

*he continues coughing and tries push his way out banging on the door he'd shout but coughing you see*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:06 am

When Jack slammed his arm against the door, he didn't hear the usual banging of flesh against wood. Instead, all he heard was a mere flap. If he looked down, he'd realize why; his arm was literally thinner! What was once a fleshy appendage was now a flimsy piece of cardboard. Stranger still, the arm printed on it wasn't even his own. It was a woman's, with dainty fingers and a white armband.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:10 am

Nephilim wrote:When Jack slammed his arm against the door, he didn't hear the usual banging of flesh against wood. Instead, all he heard was a mere flap. If he looked down, he'd realize why; his arm was literally thinner! What was once a fleshy appendage was now a flimsy piece of cardboard. Stranger still, the arm printed on it wasn't even his own. It was a woman's, with dainty fingers and a white armband.

*he looks down in shock rubs his eyes with his other hand to see if he was halucinating or something*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:29 am

Jack's other arm was in the process of thinning out, but before he could see more he suddenly fell over, his legs no longer able to support his weight. They were cardboard print outs now, shapely and barely covered by the black skirt of a french maid uniform. He couldn't feel it, what with his limbs no longer being made of flesh, but there were a pair of white thighhigh socks and black high heels beneath the skirt.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:31 am

Nephilim wrote:Jack's other arm was in the process of thinning out, but before he could see more he suddenly fell over, his legs no longer able to support his weight. They were cardboard print outs now, shapely and barely covered by the black skirt of a french maid uniform. He couldn't feel it, what with his limbs no longer being made of flesh, but there were a pair of white thighhigh socks and black high heels beneath the skirt.

*he rolls on the floor coughing not much he can do now ithout arms or legs*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying