A Brush With Destiny

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: A Brush With Destiny

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 pm

The woman gives Kevin a deadpan look. "Really? I want those suits!" She waves her hand towards the three of them. "Kill them!" The feminine robots start leaping towards Jason and Kevin, brandishing mean looking guns and swords formed from their arms. As they attack, she dashes towards the last suit!

Richard looks from Jason to Kevin to the strange woman. No doubt she would kill them and other people as well, no matter what they do... and if the suit gives people power like Kevin was saying, it would probably be bad for her to get it. "Aww, balls. You guys aren't giving me a choice here!" He leaps forward and grabs the last of the three suits!

Kevin finds powering up comes quite naturally. Bright light shines forth from the suit, and when it fades, he feels so much limber than before. It's difficult not to bounce on the balls of his feet. Now he only wears the suit, his clothes somehow gone. But that's okay... because now it's just a matter of choosing what kind of energy weapon he wants to use to cut these punks in half.

James feels the suit slip on him and cover him in a bright light. When it fades, he wears only the suit. Immediately he feels so much tougher, so much stronger. Heck, he even looks fit! Now, if only he had some conveniently placed robots he could shatter with his hands. Oh, wait.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:10 pm

James grins... and cracks his knuckles. "Ooooh this wont end well for you." He says, before tensing and leaping to meet the nearest robot... chucking a punch at its face!

Meanwhile... Richard grabs that shimmering ball of yellow energy! There is a brief flash of light as his clothes vanish in a wave of sparkles... For a moment nothing but his silhouette is visible... even as it tightens up... His form getting more slim and athletic... Then once it passes he is covered from the neck down in a skintight yellow suit. He can feel the latent power in it... leaping to the forefront as he is in a danger situation... His reflexes sharpening, as his attention is drawn to a pair of slim pistols at his hips... He didnt have ninja reflexes like Kevin... his reflexes were more... Western quickdraw gunslinger.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Kevin looks to his hands. "Maybe a sword or some kind of slicing weapon would be good!" he says as he jumps back from the attack of the first robot, surprised his body moved so easily and responded so quickly to his mental commands. He glances over his shoulder quickly and notices his friends already wearing the suits. "I thought these were radio-active!" he says to them, surprised they so quickly put them on.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Richard blinks and looks down at himself as he slowly pulls the pistols into his hands. "Well, it'll be hard to die from radiation poisoning if these things kill us first!" He steps back a bit and takes aim at one of the closer robots, hoping he can do enough damage to drop it.

Before he even finishes his sentence, Kevin's hands find themselves holding swords of light in his hands. They have a reddish glow, made somewhat pale from the light they are made from. They look no less sharp for not being physical.

James throws a punch right at a robot face that crumples around his hand. The robot goes limp, imploded head sliding off of his fist before the whole thing crumples to the ground. There doesn't even seem to be a scratch on his bare knuckles, the tight white suit with black panels apparently protecting him from the harm. And hey, it actually looks good tight, since his body looks a lot more athletic and less chubby.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Kevin blinks as he notices the swords in his hands and goes slash at the robots! He uses all his movie and anime watching knowledge to try to use them efficiently! "Guys try to stick together!" he says as he tries to get closer to them.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Jason grins wide... "Wow... that was rad." He glances at Kevin... then takes a step back to guard Richard.

Meanwhile... Richard fires a pair of yellow lasers from his pistols... that nearly drill a pair of holes into the robot he aimed at. It twitches... sparking a bit... before crumpling into a heap.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 pm

"Huh. These guys are almost kind of easy." He effortlessly twirls his pistols in his hands. "Okay, gotta admit that this is a pretty cool life or death situation."

Kevin manages a spinning aerial maneuver, slicing through one robot and then another. When he lands on the tips of his feet, he feels like a coiled spring, ready to go again. The two robots he sliced spark and fizzle as they slide into various pieces on the ground.

The strange woman fires a large blast of sickly green energy into the air. "Enough! I will kill you myself! Taste the power of the Imperatrix!" With that, she rushes forward, preparing to slash Kevin with her sharp talons and readying another blast from her gun.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Kevin lands feeling pretty awesome about himself before noticing the woman coming! He tries to parry with one of his swords and attack with the other. Bouncing on her to put some momentum into her swings!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:13 pm

"Less talking dude, lets back up Kev." He says, before he goes charging at the attacking lady!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:32 pm

"Right!" Richard tucks and rolls, firing more of the yellow lasers at the woman's gun in an attempt to keep it from firing again.

The woman's claws clang against Kevin's sword of light, holding both there until he slices her in the back with his other weapon. She grimaces through the pain. Upon seeing James, she opens her eyes wide and lets go of Kevin's sword to protect herself from his massive impact. There's even a small whipcrack in the air when he hits her.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Kevin backs off once the woman free's herself from the weapons and looks for an opening to strike again. His body already crouching a bit, ready to pounce!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Jason grins. "Maybe you should have tried bribing us or asking nicely... Anyway... I think its time to punch your clock, lady." He says... circling around to try and make her have to turn her back to him or Kevin...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 pm

The woman turns her back to Jason, not wanting another energy sword in her back. "Punch this, insects!" She laughs maniacally as the gun makes ready to fire off a sickly green bolt... and then backfires in her face as another yellow laser hits it. The woman screams and claws at her face, her eyes shut tight as she flails through the pain.

Richard grins and holsters his pistols once he sees the robot soldiers are all down. "She's all yours, guys."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:06 pm

This was his opening! Kevin jumps at the woman, both swords ready to strike! "EAT THIS!" he shouts as he slashes!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Jason plants his feet... and goes to crack the girl in the back with a haymaker!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying