A Brush With Destiny

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: A Brush With Destiny

Postby muffinstud » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:06 pm

"Seems like we're all alive." Richard pokes his head up above the ditch, still laying his body against the ground just in case. "Oh wow..."

Before the three of them is a smoldering impact crater, shaped oddly from the fact that it was formed by three objects closely grouped together. The objects glow from the heat of their reentry. Each is a slender metallic egg about as tall as the average man. As they cool, the three can see that the metal is somewhat translucent, and that there is a small sphere glowing within each egg.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Jason dusts himself off... taking a step closer... and blinking... eyes widening. "Wow... um... are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? Cause this dosent look like anything natural..."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Kevin blinks and walks closer. "Could it be... Alien Eggs?" he says trying to get a better look. Curiosity, getting the better of him.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:33 am

Richard slowly steps forward, reaching a hand out in the air but not touching anything. "They have to be alien... This is proof positive we're not alone. This is huge!" He beams as he looks to the other three. "These things are going to change everything we know about-"

Richard is interrupted by a large -CRACK-. All three objects crack as they cool in the night air. One by one the metallic shell splinters and crumbles... but the glowing orbs within continue exactly as they were. Hovering in the air, each orb stretches and contorts... until each one begins to resemble a human shape. Oddly, the shapes are hollow, with no hands or feet or head. It's as if... it couldn't be. But...

"Suits? They're suits?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:40 am

Jason stares... "This is... it could all be some kind of government experiment. Maybe these could be spacesuits from the intercontinental space station or something..." He says... but the tech did look like something out of science fiction...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:14 am

"Why would the government put suits in space to crash land randomly somewhere... this HAS to be alien tech, but.... these things look like their ment for humans..." says Kevin taking a closer look. "so... Im not so sure..."
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 pm

As Kevin takes his closer look, a light red hue pulses from the suit closest to him. Suddenly, it leaps from its spot into the air and onto his skin, twisting and reforming itself to slip on underneath his current clothing. Once it finishes, Kevin is wearing a skin-tight suit with red panels along the sides and white ones along the front. There seem to be grooves along the material in certain places... and Kevin can feel power pulsing along those lines and into him.

"Dude, be careful! We don't know what these things are! That could have killed you!" Richard steps back from the suits and from Kevin, not wanting to share what he thinks will be a messy fate.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Kevin shouts as the suit jumps unto him and he struggles in vain as it starts to cover his body! He fights until he has nothing TO fight as it's already on him! "W-W-What the hell?!" he exclaims as she looks down at his body.

"What am I wearing?!" he says as he lightly touches some of the panels. "I...I'm still alive right?"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Jason backs up a bit as well... "Wow... um... I wish I had a geiger counter on me... but I left it back in the car. For all we know these things are highly radioactive. Um... does it feel warm? Any burning sensations?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 pm

The panels glow slightly as Kevin touches them. While he can feel some strange sense of power coursing through him, it doesn't seem to hurt. In fact, as he inspects the suit, he can instinctively tell what kinds of things he can do with it. It seems this suit was designed to move quickly and strike hard. It's a combat suit, and it's still on idle at the moment. He could power it up with a thought, or he could let it power down and look inconspicuous.

"Kevin, you need to take that thing off. Who knows what kind of stuff it's made from. It could give you cancer or something." Richard looks cautiously to Jason. "You have a geiger counter?"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Kevin seems to be ignoring his friends as his mind somehow learns some of the abilities of the suit.

"Guys... I feel.... Like I could break a tree with a punch" he says as he clenches his fist. "I don't know how, but I have an idea of what this suit is... It's a combat suit" he says as he walks around in it a bit. "I think the others are too... and no, I feel... great!" he says surprised.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Jason frowns... this whole situation was way too... good. "I don't know, dude. It still looks sketchy..." He looks to Richard. "Duh... like... when the nukes hit and turn everything into glowing atomic wasteland. If I have to take impromptu shelter in a cave or something I have to know if its safe from the rads."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 pm

As they were discussing the potential lethality of wearing Kevin's new suit, another bright light screaches across the night sky... and suddenly the three are greeted by a bunch of feminine looking robots... and a strange woman at the head.
"Rumoni dahk? Etwa suptan!" She gestures towards the three with her weapon. Seeing the confusion between them, she taps something on the side of her head.
"Golven mett--erstand me now? Good. Now, step away from the suits like good cockroaches and I might let you live."

Richard looks from Kevin to the woman in disbelief. "But... what if he's wearing one?"

She smirks. "Then we can peel his carcass out of it."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:10 am

Kevin's eyes widen like a deer about to hit a truck and steps back. "W-What? W-Who are you?! W-what do you want?!" he says getting a bit closer to his friends, looking for the power up thing in the suit if he knows it... he needs to be ready if the worst comes D:
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:53 am

Jason makes a decision... On one hand, obeying the creepy and threatening lady who has dialogue straight out of Evil Villain For Dummies... On the other... if she continued the way things were going, they would probably all be killed regardless. He decides to go the way that seems more likely to end in his survival... and dives towards the nearest metallic egg! "FOR GREAT JUSTICE!"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying