The Arena (signups)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

The Arena (signups)

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:31 am

So, I feel it's been long enough that a large, silly RP has been in here.

The Premise:
In the far future, after the a devastating apocalypse has swept the world, humanity is trying it's best to rebuild. Things are slow going, as there are still plenty of people that want to continue with their lawless ways despite the resurgence of civilization and technology. Just as rampant as the crime, is the problem of the very few surviving women in the world. So few survived, and even so the birthrates are low enough not to be able to replenish what civilized populations there are. Between the crime and the hopelessness, the people need a distraction.

The Arena is that distraction. It started in New Philadelphia, and has since started growing in other cities as well. The lawbreakers, the raiders, the degenerates, when they get caught they go to the Arena. There, they fight. They fight not to survive, but to regain their manhood. Those that lose are integrated back into society as the sorely needed women society needs. The winners regain their manhood and become celebrities, going on to lead lavish lives due to their popularity. One or two of these winners made the mistake of breaking the law a second time, and now instead of making deodorant commercials, they endorse feminine hygiene products.

These televised events are the number one program on the airwaves. Slowly but surely, at the expense of the dregs of society, the population in New Philadelphia is rising.
Who will be the next contestants in the Arena? Will they manage to win and regain what they lost? Tune in next week, and find out!

How it will work:
Each player's character will have to have done something worthy of imprisonment. This is supposed to be normal society rebuilding, not something despotic. No jaywalkers; these people should deserve what they're going to go through.
Each character will start out behind the scenes at the Arena, where they will be transformed into a curvy competitor. If you want anything in particular regarding this tf, please let me know beforehand.

Each player will be put into fights, and depending on how well they do, they will win or lose. 5 wins means they can go back to being a man... but 2 losses means they're stuck for good. Players can fight other players or GM controlled fighters. After a character is out of the Arena either due to winning or losing, the RP shall continue! Each contestant is followed by the media for at least a few months to find out just how she is going to cope.

Stats
As part of your character, you will need the following stats to make the fighting fair and balanced. These are all things that would be unaffected by your character's new form (well, hopefully).

Endurance This indicates how many hits you can take before you go down.
Agility This influences how well you grapple and dodge.
Speed This influences how fast you can strike your opponent, or how fast you can disengage.
Guile This influences how well you can feint to create an opening, or create a distraction to get out of trouble.

Everyone starts with 3 points in Endurance, and splits 5 points between all four stats.

Tradeoffs
Fights will work as follows:
Opponent 1 makes a post, attempting to do something. Depending on the action, it should fall under one of the three categories. If it could fall under two, then just notate which stat you use at the end of the post OOCly.
Opponent 2 makes a post, attempting to do something. Same rules apply.
GM makes a post responding to both, indicating the outcome based on which action won out. The opponent that lost the tradeoff loses one point of Endurance. In the case of a tie, no one loses Endurance.

If a player is fighting a GM controlled fighter, then the opponent and GM posts will happen at the same time.

Strategy
Each time a player attempts a fighting maneuver, the GM rolls a d6 to find out how well they did. If their score beats their opponent's score, they win.
Agility gets +1 against Guile
Speed gets +1 against Agility
Guile gets +1 against Speed

Example Character
Gary Stu: Level 1 Miscreant (No, there is no leveling)
Bio: He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He was innocent, honest!
TF Preferences: Female

Endurance: 3
Agility: 2
Speed: 3
Guile: 0

Feel free to add anything to your character you wish. The more fleshed out, the more I can make this fun for you!
Last edited by muffinstud on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: The Arena (signups)

Postby Mendi-chan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 am

Heyo! You can bet that I'm interested in a Muffin RP! ^_^

One quick question though, in regards to the stats of characters. Is there a max/min on the amount of points spent? I looked over your post and wasn't sure. To clarify, you spent a total of 8 points on Gary Stu so would more than 8 points not be allowed?
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 am

You are correct, my good Ninja. Of course, I also forgot to mention that you can't go below 1point in Endurance or you would automatically lose each fight.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 am

Give me just a bit of time and I'll try to whip something up for this. Thanks for the clarification!
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Since my phone won't let me edit, I'll have to post. No more removing points from endurance. Everyone will have at least 3 points there.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 am

Color me the interested. I'll see if I can roll up a character.

Name: Feramin Droch

Description: Tall, thin, and normally wearing a black trenchcoat, Feramin casts an intimidating image. Wiry and lean, he gives the impression he knows how to hold himself in a fistfight. He has shoulder length black hair and blue eyes. Prison jumpsuits really do not fit his style, mores the pity.

Crime: Feramin was caught with a rooftop garden full of illicit recreational plants. Which he had been selling for both medicinal purposes and for mind blowing trips inside your own head.

Bio: During the end of all things, which turned out to be not so end-all-things ish... Feramin had survived alone in what was left of a farm. Tending to the plants to supplement his diet of scrounged food. Once he learned civilization had risen again... he moved to New Philly... using the skills he had to make a living.

TF Preferences: Busty, cute, and curvy more or less sums it up here. I trust Muffin to find something nice.

Endurance: 4
Speed: 2
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Name: David Yorkland

Description: With a generally short and lean build, David's messy brown hair and unshaven face give the impression of one who doesn't particularly care about things like "hygiene". His choice in clothing style is generally limited to "whatever fits" - He'll go for whatever shirt and pants are available, regardless of how they look.

Crime: Multiple instances of armed robbery, resulting in several people injured.

Bio: Growing up in a rough place, in rough times, David learned (or perhaps decided) one thing early on - if you want some, you have to take it. When the whole world started going down the drain, it didn't take long for him to resort to stealing supplies from others, violently if necessary. He continued this habit even after society began to recover.

TF Preferences: I'm fine with a lot of things, though I'd prefer to avoid strong mental changes or overly exaggerated figures.

Speed: 2
Guile: 1
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Here we go!

Name: Marcus "Marc" Valiant

Description: Standing at approximately 5' 11" and with a relatively scrawny build, Marc isn't exactly what you'd imagine a hardened criminal to look like. His shaggy and ragged brown hair frame a kind but desperate visage. His clothing is typically clean, but definitely tattered as if he's not had the chance to go and buy anything new in quite some time. Looking into his brilliant blue eyes might give one the idea that he really didn't belong amongst most of those around him, lacking the hardened quality that many other cons have.

Crime: Armed Robbery. As a rather dapper looking gentleman was on his way home, he found himself at knife point. Marc had made off with the cash without harming the man, but shortly thereafter had been cornered and caught.

Bio: Marc was suppose to be a teacher or something wholesome, but something had gone wrong. His family had fell on hard times, and with a mixture of problems with health and money he had found that the only one he knew left in New Philadelphia was himself. Though he had managed to spend much of his time with his nose in the books he'd scrounged up, Mr. Valiant found that there was less and less food to eat in his household. For months he'd tried his best to get by and take odd jobs, but there just wasn't enough work to go around... At his whits end he resolved to take money off of someone who looked like they could get by without it, pledging to himself that he would do whatever it took not to actually hurt anyone in the process.

TF Preferences: I'll leave that to you Muffin!

Agility: 5
Speed: 0
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Everyone's looking good so far.

I'll most likely be starting things off here in the near future. I'm looking forward to some fun and interesting fights!

Also, if you haven't signed up yet, don't feel like your ship has sailed. This would actually be more interesting with some newcomers partway in.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Return to Roleplaying