(Recruitment) Adeptes Majokko

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

(Recruitment) Adeptes Majokko

Postby Kether » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:13 am

"In the time between the death of the lizard kingdoms in fire and the drowning of Atlantis there was an age undreamts of by grey faced historians...

Humans have existed for Half a million years, yet for a only a scant 10 milenia have we thought of ourselves as civilized... such is a lie. Once magic cycled through the Earth waxing and waning but never completely disappearing. . Humankind at the time was not alone, the flow of magic changed the human form in countless ways sometimes it was intentional, many times it was not and thus the earth gave birth to countless races known only now in mythology and fantasy.

On the backs of sorcery Great Empires rose, Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria,Hyperborea are the names that made their way into our fractured histories. These Empires would conquer the world and then climb beyond it. But just as the magic flows of Earth changed people so too did the magic of other worlds, but in a far more dramatic fashion.

Some became far more powerful than the greatest archmage, the magic themed to the new world's mana. If older than 18 the human would regress to somewhere between 12 and 18 years of age. If male they would become female. They would never age again. Eternal immortal girls clad in uniforms based on the nature of the world baring its innate power. Thus began the Reign of the Magical Girls.

Upon her silver throne the Empress gathered her Legions. The Thousand Daughters of the Empress brought unity to humanity!

The first of the magical girls and the most powerful came to her nature on Earth's moon. On the Silver star, as it was called she built her first legion. From each of the other planets that circled the Sun a legion arose. Each swore fealty to the Empress. With such might the old Empires were crushed beneath her and again the many races of mankind were one people.

But this was only the beginning of her plan. For just as peace came to mankind monsters from the darkest depths of the mystic planes broke forth, But these Youma were no match for the Legions. It was just as the Empress had planned. And then she began her great Crusade. Her legions would follow the paths through the depths of the mystic planes to other worlds in the galaxy. Countless worlds that had been conquered by the youma. And the legions would free them. Countless nonterran races would join the Empire in this Crusade of liberation.

For a Thousand Generations brought peace to the Galaxy.. until the Dark Times came

Heru was special. She was the blood daughter of the Empress. She had been born and raised in the mana field of the sun itself. Where her mother had infinite depths of silver magic, her arts were golden. She was the perfect child of the Empress, and the perfect Princes the perfect warrior. It is this sense of perfection that ultimately lead to her fall. She sought to end the threat of incursions from the deepest planes. She lead nearly half the legions of the Empress on this foolish quest.

Great and Dark powers dwelled in the lands of the youma, dark powers that had limitations in the lands of people, but were unto gods on theirown lands. They twisted the legions sent to conquer them into far better servants, combining the powers of a magical girl with the twisted views of the Dark powers. These Anathema were sent back to the lands they had come from as conquerors.

The war between magical girl and anathema was great transforming countless planets and their population, until at last the majority of both sides of the conflict brought the remainder of their forces to the homelands of humanity. In this the Empress showed her cunning. She had long made sad preparations for the failures of her crusade. For humanity to survive at the cost so much. As Anathema and magical girl clashed over earth she finished her ritual burning the mana cycle unnaturally from the planets. this dried the great canals of mars, and poisoned the jungles of venus, it sank Atlantis and froze hyperborea and it made Anathema and magical girl mortal.

Countless years of barbarism would follow and former magical girl and anathema would breed into the populace. Humanity was crippled but ultimately free. This was not true for much of the galaxy. While most of the Anathema had been on earth, some of the most powerful had been alone fighting and conquering worlds in the Galaxy, the Dark powers seeing the loss of so many tools enhanced the few that remained into the Demon Princesses, dark rulers of the worlds twisted in their image.

The time in which the fifth world becomes the sixth will be one of great change and possibility..

On Earth eventually the cycles would begin again. Much as ancient wisdom had been passed down to the Mayans, twisted as it was, they were able to predict when the cycle of growth would begin again. It was no end of the world but the beginning of a new one. Odd coincidences swelled as as the new cycle began. The lost races of myth returned and many old superstions proved to be facts(Many too proved to be false for people are good at coming up with all sorts of explanations). It looked as if the world was to tear itself apart with these new powers when humankind had what it believed to be its first contact.

The aliens were not the bug eyed monsters people imagined, but rather appeared as small cute animals. The Mingzhiren, had been a race of profound wisdom, with long lives and graceful forms. The Demon Princess who conquered their world chose something far cuter in her mind. For generations they plotted in their cute forms to try and contact the fabled lost lands of Earth. Suffice to say the magicless science that had grown up in the last ten thousand years was not something they were expecting, nor the paucity of magical knowledge.

They contacted some of the more sane governments, offering mystic solutions to some of our problems that harder sciences had difficulties overcoming. In exchange well they could use some volunteers based on various bloodlines to aid them back home.. its very complicated and magical you see. Of course while they might still have the knowledge to detect who has the potential to become a magical girl under which mana essences, many of those lineages hold the corrupt blood of anathema so such might be quite a cruel surprise.

Short summary

Over the next couple of years magic returns. By 2017 we are contacted by cute fury mascot alien race. They trade greater magical knowledge for volunteers. They don't tell them that they are volunteering to become Magical girls. Not everyone going along on the mission but the main focus is them.

character

Name:
Occupation:Stuff they did before volunteering, or what they are doing on the mission.
Magical Girl/Anathema/Other:the general situation going forward do you want your character to become a Magical girl, anathema or maybe they aren't along on the mission as such but for other reasons. Magical girls generally have very upfront and over the top attacks and thematics, while anathema have more bizzare setups like the Demon Princess who transformed a planet into cute animals.
TF likes/dislikes: things you might want to have happen to your character or really don't want to see happen.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Re: (Recruitment) Adeptes Majokko

Postby Hira Kanaki » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 am

I'm actually interested in the idea, but could I get more info on the Anathemas if possible?
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Kether » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 am

Hira Kanaki wrote:I'm actually interested in the idea, but could I get more info on the Anathemas if possible?

Well a standard magical girls have very overt normal attacks. a Magical girl with an earth/rock theme would be able to throw rock blasts, be very strong maybe pull off alot of Tophisms. An anathema would be like medusa transforming people to stone, transforming stone to stone. Anathema also tend to have more odd ones like Curses, or languages or Regression
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:59 am

One question for the character chart...What exactly do you want in the Magical Girl/Anathema/Other part? What they become and why? Or just what they are going to be?
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Kether » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 am

First if you want your character to become in action a Magical, Anathema, or if they intrinsically have some other role to play. Second any thematics you might wish to add(like Fire based magical girl. Anathema demon maid, Military sniper.. etc)
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 am

Name: Nero

Magical Girl (lightning based or ice based, I'll leave that up to you because I'm equally fine with both) : Nero is forced by his mother to sign up somewhere for volunteer work, and finds a new form of volunteer work. Despite not being told what exactly the volunteer work is, Nero signs up regardless.

TF likes/dislikes: My dislikes will be ignored for this RP ^-^

Also, hope you don't mind me using no last name. I'm kind of horrid when thinking of them >.<
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:38 pm

This seems interesting but before I make a character I would like to ask a couple more details.

Is the return of magic well known in this setting or is this the first real sign? Also, what are we told of this 'mission' from the mascot things?

I have an idea in mind, but I could do with those two details before I begin.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kether » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Gee-chan wrote:This seems interesting but before I make a character I would like to ask a couple more details.

Is the return of magic well known in this setting or is this the first real sign? Also, what are we told of this 'mission' from the mascot things?

I have an idea in mind, but I could do with those two details before I begin.

Its generally known and respected in Europe US, Parts of Asia, its not doing so well in less tolerant area. Its been about 5 years since it happened. People know that aliens contacted us. People know that the information they gave countries like the US gave a serious kickstart to Magical theory and understanding. There are people on earth who have become elves, dwarves, trolls etc.

The Mascots say they need assistance back home that its potentially dangerous but are trying to pull a lost in translation so people don't get upset when they are suddenly a 14 yearold for eternity. There are secondary people protecting the group who aren't chosen(but who the scans might have missed or might be a good get messed up in game especially) like soliders, scientists etc.
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm going to go ahead and throw in a character sheet too. I can elaborate on anything as needed...

Name: Nick Rain
Magical Girl/Anathema/Other: Magical girl, fire powers.
TF likes/dislikes: I'm pretty flexible regarding most things, though one thing I'd definitely prefer to avoid is strong mental changes.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:05 pm

This seems pretty interesting.

Name: Ted Hartwick (w00t for name generators)
Magical Girl/Anathema/Other: Anathema (curses or some such)
TF likes/dislikes: I'd prefer the end result being small and weak, being almost helpless in a physical confrontation, but having strong and/or versatile powers that can make up for it, for the most part. I can work with mental changes as long as they don't run too deep; changes in behavior and habits I'm fine with, altering of memories and thing more intense then that I'm very iffy with.

Hope this rp pans out.
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Return to Roleplaying