Forbidden Woods

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Forbidden Woods

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:38 am

It was called the Forbidden Woods because it was Forbidden for anyone to enter... and... it was a woods. Its said monsters dwell within... ancient magic from the beginning of time... witches... the usual kinds of things. No one from Farthingdale, the simple town near the edge of the woods... had ever trespassed under those boughs within living memory. But now, two young adults from that same town... dare to do so.

This is their story.

Jeremy shoves a low hanging branch out of his way... sighing slightly as he holds it back for his friend to pass. "Tell me again... why are we doing this? Its for the Bowson sisters... isnt it?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Forbidden Woods

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:05 am

Ben comes up behind him, "Something like that, I think. We're supposed to find a grove with some kinda flower." he searches his pockets and pulls out a picture of a flower that looks like something from Doctor Seuss, "...So what do we do if we can't find this thing? I don't think it's very likely this thing even exists."

He glances around at the forest while scratching his head, a nervous tick of his when he's worried. "...think this place is safe? I mean, I know we aren't going to get cursed or something, but God only knows what's actually in this place."
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Jeremy humphs. "If we cant find it, we tried. That has to be worth something, right?" He pauses at the second question... and shrugs. "Some bandits probably used it ages ago, scared off the villagers and stuff. I doubt anything more dangerous than trees are still in here."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 am

"You're probably right." the tall, thin young man continues following his friend. "You bring anything to eat?"
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:26 pm

His friend nods. "Mhmm... plenty, just in case." He nods to the backpack on his back then pauses... "I'm guessing you would be too nervous to split up?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:26 pm

"I can take care of myself." Ben retorted, "Hand over some snacks and I'll meet you back here in an hour." He grins, taking out his large pocket knife, "You should probably make some sort of trail so you can get back here."

As Ben cuts an X shape into a nearby tree, Jeremy gets a brief feeling of uneasiness, as if something was watching them but quickly left. Regardless, Ben's advice seems pretty sound. They haven't been in the forest for 10 minutes and already everything looks the same; massive trees in every direction, bushes ranging from knee to head height, the occasional large rock, fallen trees with mushrooms growing all over them, etc. Oh, and moss, lots and lots of moss. In some places, it's a veritable carpet.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Jeremy nods... and splits up the rations, handing a bag to Ben. "Alright... good idea." He gets out his own knife, making an arrow in the thick moss pointing back to the meeting place as he he heads onwards!

Ben meanwhile... would find tree after tree after tree... but he would see vaguely off to his left the forest seems to grow thicker and darker... while off to the right there seems to be a clearing?
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Ben takes the bag, nodding in thanks, then hurries off. "See ya later!" Making his way through the forest, making large, obvious marks on a tree ever 5 or so feet, Ben looks around at the rather impressive forest. He notices the clearing and the fact the forest gets darker in other directions. Not wanting to trip and sprain something because he couldn't see, Ben hurries towards the clearing, hoping the flower was there.

Jeremy on the other hand will quickly find what seems to be a game trail, as the path winds about in no particular direction. Off the trail the undergrowth quickly thickens, and the trees quickly block his line of sight.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:05 am

Jeremy takes the game trail... marking it every now and again so he dosent take some other trail back by mistake...

Ben meanwhile... emerges in a bright... flowery clearing! There is a steam... tall grass... butterflies... and many flowers of different kinds and shapes. Its... almost idyllic.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 am

Ben looks about the clearing in wonder, "Wow, this place is amazing. To bad it isn't easier to get to, or I'd bring my girlfriend here... if I ever get one." stowing that negative thought away, he looks about the beautiful glade, taking a deep breath to take in the scents that fill the air. "Wonder if that flower is here. That'd be the icing on the proverbial cake!"

Jeremy's adventure takes a turn in the opposite direction, however, gradually becoming darker and more sinister; if he didn't know better, he'd say the place was downright haunted with the way the trees seem to keep moving without a breeze. Soon enough, though, he arrives at the entrance to a cave... is that a light inside? Deep inside, something seems to be glowing!
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:34 am

Jeremy frowns... getting a flashlight from his bag... peering forward. A light... that seemed... worth checking out. If it was nothing maybe he could... head back the way he came. Cautiously... he heads forwards.

Meanwhile... Ben sees flowers all over! Of all shapes and sizes... it looked like all there was to do was search... but as the sun beats down cheerfully... the bubbling stream making a soothing melody... and the sweet fragrance of the flowers wafts into his nose... he finds himself growing a bit... sleepy.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 am

The flashlight pierces the darkness revealing... gems! Hundreds of gems cover the inside of the cave! A particularly large one however grabs his attention, the one he'd seen before. The thing was massive, easily 3 ft high, and likely about 2 in diameter, and light emanated from it, evident even with the flashlight on it. Something about the crystalline object called to him, it was beautiful yes, but he was experiencing an unnatural draw to it. Despite the realization that something was obviously wrong, Jeremy would find himself not caring.

Ben let out a massive yawn, he did always have a weakness to places like this. If the flower wasn't here, then it wasn't anywhere, so taking a nap wouldn't change anything. He set about looking for a spot to lay down, preferably a place in lots of sun, and more grass then flowers, and lays down, closing his eyes.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:55 pm

James... blinks... his thoughts about everything else fading as his eyes widen... "Wow..." He was rich... this was... all he had to do was get some of this back home and he was set... he walks forwards... his eyes drawn to the massive gem... frowning... slightly. Was this... not right?

Ben finds a perfect place... thick with cushy grass... his eyes close... and soon he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. When he awakes... who knows how long after... he would see the sun high in the sky.. and notice after a few moments... he was... sitting up? And his legs felt... odd.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Ben yawns and stretches, "That was amazing, and it's only midday!" then notices position, "Er...what? Why am I upright? Since when have I sleep walked?" He looks down at himself, hoping to find some clue as to why he's not laying down on the ground.

Jeremy's attention was almost entirely taken by the crystal, but he was aware of his surroundings enough to hear something rather large moving about the cave and... hissing?! If he tries he may be able to use the adrenaline from that realization to break away from the crystal's hold.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 am

Jeremy blinks... as sudden panic grips him... he stumbles backwards a bit... looking around franticly. This... he should get out of here!

Ben might find that his pant legs are shredded... and pieces of his shoes lie around the grass... oh and he is buried up to the thigh in the soil... but the position dosent seem uncomfortable... if anything, the sun shining on him felt better than before...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying