The Dairy Trap

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

The Dairy Trap

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 pm

James was your average 22 year old college student. Currently living in a small but decent apartment with his friend he split the rent with, who also went to the same college. The young man with messy brown hair, jeans, and a T-shirt is currently out by the outskirts of the city. Having parked his car in a gravel parking lot, he is looking around the stalls of the various fresh and organic meats, produce, and such of the farmers market.

His goal, simple. Acquire materials to construct a dinner of yummyness! It was more expensive than ramen, but he had some cash to spare and wanted an actual nice meal for a change. Plus his room mate was helping foot the bill.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: The Dairy Trap

Postby muffinstud » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:46 pm

James is presented with all sorts of nice smells from the fresh vegetables and fruits. The different vendors ply their trades, trying to get the various other people in the parking lot to pay attention and buy their wares. It's simple enough to find the ingredients on his list, and soon James has paper sacks full of wholly organic foods for their home cooked meal.

Walking around under the hot sun has given him a bit of parched tongue, however. One of the vendors calls James over. He's a slightly overweight man with thick arms and a red plaid shirt under his overalls. "Young man, you look mighty thirsty. Perhaps I could interest you in the best tasting milk you've ever had?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:50 pm

James raises an eyebrow at that. But he still has some cash left over... "What kind of milk?" He could certainly use a drink, even if milk wouldn't be the first thing to come to mind.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:07 pm

The burly farmer smiles, confident that he's piqued interest in his product. "100% organic, of course. We don't add any hormone treatments to our cows' diets, like most other places. No, our cows make more milk, and sweeter through breeding and keeping them incredibly happy." He holds up a small single serve carton of milk. "I'm not giving out any free samples today, but since you look like you could use a drink, how about half price?" The pricing table displayed at his booth shows the milk is generally a bit overpriced no matter the size ordered. But half price would actually be a good deal.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:11 pm

James hrrms at that... it sounded pretty good... and the guy was cutting him a great deal. He shrugs, putting his packages down and reaching for his wallet. "Sure, why not? I'll go for one of those single serve cartons." He could afford that with the money he had left... they did need milk, but... he could get some in a couple days when he gets paid from his part time job. His room mate can live with dry cereal until then.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm

"Fantastic. And here you go, the best tasting milk ever!" The farmer hands him a carton, ice cold and covered in condensation. It's only about a pint to the single serving carton, but that should be enough to top him off until he can get some water. The farmer then turns his attention immediately towards another prospective customer, trying to sell more than just a single serving this time.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:29 pm

James... takes it! Nodding thanks and puts it in one of his bags! Taking them up again and to his car... he loads the car up, sitting down in the seat before finally grabbing the carton of milk and popping it open for a sip...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:40 pm

The milk is still very cold, and really is quite sweet. The farmer wasn't exaggerating when he was trying to get James to buy it. Perhaps the best part is the fact that it doesn't have a sticky aftertaste like most milk does. It's simply cold, sweet, somewhat filling and refreshing.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 pm

James blinks... huh... it tastes great! Shame he didn't have enough money to get more... maybe he will have to come back later... Shrugging at that thought, he starts up the car and goes to drive back! Sipping the milk as he goes.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 am

The drive back into town is uneventful, and the milk continues to be delicious. James finds his sipping turns to gulping, and the milk quickly runs dry. Back at the apartment, he finds himself alone. The clock on the wall shows that it's currently time for his roommate Robert to be in class, so that's not exactly a surprise. As he carries his groceries inside, the paper bags seem to chafe against his chest.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:19 am

James gulps down the milk! Tossing the carton in the backseat when he's done... he'll clean it out later. In the apartment... bags in arms... he sighs a bit and goes to put them on the counter and begin putting the contents away.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:34 am

"Clean it out later..." That's what he told himself the last couple of times he threw things back there. Clutter aside, his car and apartment are still reasonably clean for two college bachelors. What seemed to be the bags chafing against his chest turns out to be his shirt. Every time James lifts his arms up to put things in their place, his shirt scratches against his chest in an uncomfortable manner.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 am

James winces a bit at the shirt scratching against his chest... what the heck? Well... its not like anyone else was around. The groceries out of hand, he removes his shirt... tossing it on the back of his chair... glancing down at his chest.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 am

By all appearances, James seems to be having an allergic reaction. His chest is red and looks a little puffy. His nipples are sticking straight out too, and felt rather angry as his shirt moved across them while he took it off. At least now there is nothing to aggravate them, and the relief is immediate.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 am

James looks down... wincing... what the heck was that? He didn't remember being allergic to anything... but... whatever it will probably go away by itself. They felt fine without anything rubbing against them... he sighs and goes to put the food away... careful not to rub anything against his chest.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying