[MTFF] Paradigm Grift

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [MTFF] Paradigm Grift

Postby Zoey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:26 pm

The gate falls, but tech stops them. "Ok people... synchronize watches... After I disable this, the police will know somethings wrong... we have 2 minutes to get the loot and scram... ready? 3, 2, 1... GO!" he says as the whole rooms power cuts and the insane amount of cameras and lights and assortment drop. Only in the room though. Thankfully all other security personal wont notice, but the people outside would...
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Raptor nods... synchronizing and such... before moving into position inside!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Inside the secure room, the thieves find what they were looking for. All the gemstones for the natural history exhibit lie in felt cases ripe for the picking. Rubies, sapphires, diamonds, jade... every valuable color of the rainbow is represented, and all of the rocks are large.
Along one wall is a set of switches for the security barriers on the exhibits themselves.

"All right, be quick. And don't forget to open the door for my part of the haul." Razor continues to stand in front of the Ancient Law exhibit, staring down the large metal wall between him and the artifacts inside.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Tech rushes to the case and inspects it for any traps and gives the who ahead! "Ok! Cleared. Raptor, lift this baby up and lets rush!" he says as he motions everyone to help. "Everyone else, grab what you can and lets book it!" he says.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Raptor rushes up, and starts lifting the lids on the main case! Then leaves it to stuff a sack full of goodies.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Monkey is currently climbing up to some of the higher shelves and tossing gems and gold into the sacks. "What a haul! We could retire after this." He pauses for a second. "Nah, who am I kidding?"

Razor smiles slowly, matching the opening to the exhibit in front of him. Stone tablets of various origins, scrolls of papyrus, slabs of clay even splay out in a semicircle before him. In the center of the circle, on a pedestal, sits a golden scepter encrusted with gems and covered with ancient writing. Even with the heavy door open, the grill prevents him from approaching. Razor fiddles with the buttons and knobs on his belt, and the claw at the end of the retractable pole nears its target. "Come to your rightful owner..."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:09 am

Raptor continues to shove gems into his black leather sack! He grins. "When this job is done... I'm heading somewhere warm, sunny, and with LOTS of buxom wenches."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:43 am

"We can talk about what we're gonna do after we sell this after we're in the safehouse! Come on, we have to get going before the automatic alarms reboot! Move it!" says Tech as he fills his bag and starts making his way to the gettaway van.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:54 am

Monkey hops down and hefts his bag of loot over his shoulder. "Good idea. Let's bolt."

"NOT SO FAST!" Razor's voice booms through the museum. The pole slowly pulls the golden scepter towards him and he snatches it in his hand. "You each played such a pivotal role on this team. I think it's time I showed you mine." He holds the scepter above his head and chuckles. Then he chortles. Then he laughs. A brilliant white light fills the museum, blinding the three thieves as Razor delves into full on maniacal laughter.

Monkey wakes up, blinking repeatedly to get the white blur out of his vision. "What the...Tech? Raptor? You guys okay?"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:07 am

Raptor hold his sleeve up to his eyes, growling. "What the... hell?" He says before everything goes white...

The next thing he knows... he wakes up, lying on the bed of his apartment safehouse over his gun store. A blinking around will reveal Tech and Monkey are lying on their beds that were set up in the dark but spacious apartment. Blinds pulled fast against each window, as the off-white, smoke stained walls drink in what light remains. Nailed to the wall are many racks and mounts... on which are weapons of every type. From assault rifles to swords. All look very... useful. Oiled and ready to be used... not ornamentation.

In the four corners of the large central room are each of the team's beds. Around which are a few tables and chairs... on those whatever personal effects they feel necessary to put in a safehouse. Part of the room is sectioned off into a kitchen, and the only other real room is a bathroom in another corner.

Razor's section of room is noticeably devoid of... everything. Everything but a tape recorder sitting on his bed.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:34 am

Tech is taken too by surprise and doesn't have much time to react before he passes out!

"Ugh.... my head..." he mumbles as he gets to his feet, rubbing his head. "The Bob... happened? Im ok..." he says as he looks around. "Where's Razor? Was... that a weird dream or did we get drunk again?" he asks before noticing the out of place tape! "Huh?.." he mumbles as he walks over and looks at it!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 am

Monkey gets up off of his bed and holds his head in one hand while he walks over to the tape recorder. "Hey, where did Razor's stuff go?" He looks around, and pales. "Where did our loot go?" He rushes around, checking under beds, tables, chairs... with no bags of gems to be found. "That sneaky, double crossing, underhanded douchebag!"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 am

"I noticed... I think he made this for us..." says tech as he walks over and puts the tape in the VCR, a look of hate and disdain clear in his face. "Lets see what this backstabber has to say..." presses play.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Raptor looks around... and scowls. "The next thing he hears from me is going to be a hyper velocity round going through his thick head... if he thinks he can get away with this..."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 pm

As if on cue, the smug face of Razor appears on the small TV. "Ah, good morning ladies. By now you've realized that I'm gone, along with everything of value in that hole. What you don't realize, is just how close you were to the true prize."

On the fuzzy screen, Razor holds up the golden scepter from the museum. "This is the rod of Ur-Nasser. In ancient times, anything he decreed while holding this became law. What the historians left out of the tale, however, is the importance of the rod itself. You see, the power of law didn't come from his station or his power. Ur-Nasser's power came from this rod. So now, I hold the power to decree anything lawful... and it happens."

Razor smirks. "The rod won't let me kill you, or put you in a situation that I know could kill you. Murder is against the law. But... this thing leapt at the chance to reform the three of you into productive, law abiding citizens." His smile gets wider. "And to make sure you don't try to find me, I've added a few touches of my own to keep you plenty busy with your new lives. You'll start to figure out just what I'm talking about in a few seconds."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying