[MTFF] Paradigm Grift

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[MTFF] Paradigm Grift

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:43 am

Central City Museum of History is a quiet place at night. There is a stillness in the marble halls that echoes into the cool outside air. The pale moonlight reflects off the gloss of the large posters, both inside and out. Their siren's song of thought provoking exhibits is in vain, now that the gates are up and the lonely flashlight of the night guard makes it's patrol. Of course, to a select few, that siren song still calls.

A block down the street rests an unmarked van. The back doors open, and a few men in dark clothing silently get out. One of them presses a hand to his ear and whispers into a small microphone on his shoulder.
"All right. We all know our jobs. Let's get in and out in under five."

Another of the men wears a black jumpsuit and has green goggles. He quickly dashes through the shadows. He pauses before a pool of light by one of the side entrances, waiting for the opportunity to pounce.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: [MTFF] Paradigm Grift

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 am

Yet another steps out of the van. He is a large, heavyset man wearing an equally large black trenchcoat. Anyone watching carefully might notice suspicious weapon-shaped buldges under the folds of the black leather. He walks a slow and unhurried pace... down a side alley and to a small door in the side of the museum. Then he takes something from his jacket... affixing it to the door.

He then waits as well... for the go ahead. After all... he didn't want to trip any alarms...
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:15 am

Another shadowy figures rushes through the darkness. This one is much more clumbsy and doesnt look anything close to the more robust and athletic as the others. He carries with with a large back and a small hand held device. He rushes next to the large guy and starts to pat stuff into it. The device makes some noises and a ping! He gives his partner the thumbs up! "All green, go" he whispers.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:21 am

The large man nods, smiling. Then he presses a button and there is a small popping sound... as well as a flash of light as the lock melts. He then grabs the doorknob and heads inside. He trusts the cameras wont be a problem... and instead seeks out the security guards...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:29 am

The man with the microphone slowly walks up to the main entrance. He waves a gloved hand at one of the cameras, now with the red recording light off.

The athletic man rushes to the side door and runs up it long enough to push off the door jam and grasp on to the stonework above. He pulls himself up and quietly pries open a second story window before slipping in and closing it behind himself.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 am

Inside the second story room where Monkey is he finds a janitors room!... A-HA! The special magnetic keys they need! Now they need the other 2 to be able to unlock the special security case that protects their objective. He needs to make his way to the next objective... the managements office...

Inside the first floor theres no guards as of yet, but their could be some roaming along the halls!

The tech guy rushes in and scans the area. "Ok... the blueprints say... go this way" he motions to the rooms right door! Theirs a number lock and he starts to working it. "Uhh... 1.... 1... and 1" and with that it opens! However the sounds of footsteps is heard coming somewhere from the direction!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:10 am

The man just shakes his head... and takes off! His large boots muffled by rather expensive stealth soles as he pounds through the hallways... seeking out targets! He reaches to his earpiece, speaking in a gruff voice. "This is Raptor... I'm on the move. No targets in sight. Speak out if you need backup."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:21 am

Monkey slips into the janitor's room without a sound. Said janitor is currently refilling some of his bottles of cleaning supplies. The thief picks up a rag behind the janitor and sprays a little something from a small canister on his belt. The rag goes on the janitor's face, and then he drops. A little fiddling with the janitor's belt, and key number 1 is secure. "Janitor is clear, heading to the office."

The man out front reaches into his pocket and presses what appears to be a garage door opener. The metal grate over the front entrance opens slowly. He crawls under, then presses the button again to close it once more. Then he tosses the device onto the front reception desk.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am

As Raptor is about to turn the corner he sees a light from a guard! The guard doesnt seem to have noticed anything, hell, he's humming and everything! However, he does have a hand gun...

Tech walks up and looks around the doors along the hallway and matches them with the blueprints he has in his machine. However he stops with Raptor and waits for him to clear the way before they can continue.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 am

Monkey darts along the second floor and sneaks in to the management's office on the other side. The door is locked, but he manages to slip through open glass window above the door. "Two keys down. Heading downstairs." He jumps up and slips back through the thin indoor window.

Meanwhile, the man who came in the front removes some small rods from his backpack, and starts twisting them together. He still walks forward like he owns the place. He walks towards a large protective barrier in the "Law of Ancient Times" exhibit.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 am

Raptor runs around the corner! Removing a pair of what look like long barreled pistols... Laser sights click on them as he points and pulls the trigger! There are a pair of *pwoof!*ing noises as they send out a couple of tranquilizer darts towards the guard...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:48 pm

"Nice" says Tech as he runs up and they enter the lazer secured room. "One sec" he says as he accesses the security mainframe and a bath through the lazers opens up to a gated room. Unfortunately that gate is locked by a... lock! "Your turn Raptor".

"Confirmed Monkey, we've cleared most of the exit bath. We'll be at the exhibit in 3".
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Raptor nods. Leaving the unconscious form of the guard behind as he quickly and silently moves to his position. "Be there in a moment. Had to deal with a target." He rushes through the halls... until appearing at the gate. Looking down at the lock. "Childs play." He says. Taking out a couple of vials and a pouch as he begins mixing the contents... before pushing the small pouch into the lock followed by a fuse.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:23 pm

"Keep it up. Fishing pole is ready. Razor out." The man that came in the front attaches the last rod, then hooks the whole long assembly to a harness on his waist. He adjusts some knobs on his belt, and the long arm extends and retracts as it works a small claw at the end.

Monkey slides up against the wall next to Tech and gives him a thumbs up while waiting for the breaching charge from Raptor.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Raptor lights the fuse and steps back quickly... there is a burst of hot orange light as the thermite charge ignites... molten metal pouring out of the keyhole as it melts the innards of the locking mechanism...

Once it cools... Raptor walks up and kicks in the gate with his boot.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying