Age of Aggression

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Age of Aggression

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:04 am

The Dragonborn made an odd noise, halfway between "whew" and a whistle. "Whoo... that's a good question. Seems I can hardly walk outside anymore without having to kill at least one. Even after dealing with Alduin. You'd think they'd have slowed down after that... Sort of makes me wonder... Anyway, are either of you married?"

"Um... I'm not, no," Malak said.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 am

Married? Rath/Robin almost laughed (nervously) at the thought. There was no way she would engage in any sort of relationship with another male like that. On the inside, she still considered herself male. In fact, with Malak's help more than likely, she still expected to return to normal sooner or later. Thus, something like marriage was laughable at best. "Neither am I," she replied quietly. "What about yourself?"
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:28 am

"I am, as a matter of fact," she replied cheerily. Malak almost looked disappointed. "In fact, soon as we're done in Morthal, I'd like to head straight home to Solitude, if you don't mind. Mmm, I can already smell the stew..." A genuine smile appeared on the Dragonborn's lips. It was almost... adorable.

"I'm surprised neither of you are married," she continued casually. "Pretty as you are, I'd have thought at least one of you would have found a husband by now. Unless you're not into men...?"

"Oh, nothing like that," Malak said quickly. "We just... travel around a lot. Haven't had much of a chance to settle."

"Ah. I understand. Well, luck to you both."

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am

"Aren't you afraid the Stormcloaks will ransack Solitude?" Rath/Robin asked, trying not to picture anything bad happening to the Dragonborn or her mentioned family. In fact, she wondered whether this heroine was partial to any side in the ongoing civil war.
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:37 pm

"If they do, I'll ensure they regret it," she replied through her teeth. "Same for anyone that tries anything similar. Besides, I have two exellent warriors guarding the house, both Nords. I'm not too worried."

"So you're with the Imperials?" asked Malak.

"No. I've tried to avoid picking a side, to be honest. I attempted a truce, but I don't know how long it will last. I'm actually surprised it's lasted this long."

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

"Well, it can't last that much longer," offered Rath/Robin. She didn't want to be the speaker of doom and gloom, but she and Malak had just been asked to assassinate a Stormcloak by the Imperials. Even if the truce existed, the two sides were still sneaking jabs at each other. "I have the feeling that there's still some fighting going on, even if we don't see it."
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:17 pm

"Doubtless. I'm just glad it isn't open for the moment. You'd think people would listen to the one that eradicates dragons for a living, but noooo..." The Dragonborn rolled her eyes. "I hate politics."

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 pm

An amused smile appeared on Rath's/Robin's face, and she almost chuckled for a moment or two. The conversation was nice, since it took her mind off of her temporary condition. "It's hard to avoid politics, though, with the Thalmor punishing everyone for worshipping Talos," she commented. Hopefully, it wouldn't seem to suspicious that she, now an elf, seemed to care about the whole Talos thing...
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:54 pm

The Dragonborn didn't seem to notice. "Ugh. Don't even get me started on the Thalmor. If I could, I'd feed the all their ears. No offense," she added quickly.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 pm

"...Huh?" Rath/Robin had trouble understanding the Dragonborn's comment until she suddenly remembered that her ears had elongated. "Oh, none taken."
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm

"Good. Do you have any other questions for me?"

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Rath/Robin tried her hardest to think of more things to ask the Dragonborn. She'd rather keep the conversation centered anywhere but herself or Malak. "So what does your family think about you being a Dragonborn? Do they get a lot of unwanted attention? I mean, you're pretty much a celebrity in these parts..."
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:14 pm

"Well, as I said, there's almost always two seasoned warriors there at any given time, even if I'm not. I won't say they don't get the occasional envious glance, but most know to leave them alone, and those that don't won't last long. And besides..." She gave a wolfish grin. "They know what will happen if anything happens to my family."

She shrugged. "I, myself, have gotten the occasional idiot mugger that thought he could honestly take the Imperial woman in black armor with three different swords strapped to her back, a full quiver of arrows, and an equally well-armed follower, even forgiving that they don't know who I am, as he brandished a rusty dagger in my face while wearing hide pants. And not even a shirt, just the pants. Waste of my bloody time..."

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Rath/Robin listened with interest to the details of the Dragonborn's life. It seemed like a rather exciting existence, though she didn't know whether she would be handle so much on her plate. The immense responsibility of holding a world-eater at bay would probably crush her. As she pondered these things Rath/Robin quickly found she admired the Dragonborn. (Her Nordic mindset probably had a strong hand in this disposition.)

((lol, I've been stopped by a thief robber a few times while my character was in werewolf form...))
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:50 pm

(Wow. That's a whole new level of stupid. :lol:
We can skip straight to town at any point, if you want)

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying