Looking for a Roleplaying Partner [ooc]

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Looking for a Roleplaying Partner [ooc]

Postby Legendary Hawk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am

Hello!
I'm kinda new here, as you can probably tell by my post count. My name is Legendary Hawk, though you can call me anything you like (as long as I know you're referring to me).

Now, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I browsed for a while, and it seems that most of the OOC and Sign-Up threads go here. So I'm posting my little search thread here. If this isn't the right forum for this sort of thread, then I offer my apologies... 'cause I'm still a noob.

I enjoy standard group roleplays a lot, but I also really enjoy one-on-one roleplays, which is just two people roleplaying with each other (I find that they're kind of easier to keep up with than larger group roleplays). And that's the point of this thread. I'm looking for someone who's interested in doing a one-on-one roleplay with me. :D

Now, a little bit about my preferred roleplaying style... I like to post in paragraph format, usually around 75-100 words (though I can adjust the length of my posts to whatever you're comfortable with). I also like good details - detailed characters, detailed settings, and detailed plots. The more detail there is, the more I get into the roleplay. I can also do either first or third person, from a character perspective.

Anyways, what I have in mind... I'm definitely wanting to do something TF-related. If you're interested in roleplaying with me, then maybe we could brainstorm for some sort of plot. :D

Please let me know if you're interested in roleplaying with me! :) Post here, or send me a PM. And I can handle multiple roleplays at once, so don't feel shy if someone's already contacted me.
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: Looking for a Roleplaying Partner [ooc]

Postby Haylie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am

Well, Hawk, color me interested, and if you haven't already, you might put something similar to this in the Welcome Mat if you want.

I've got an idea or two kickin' around.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:06 am

I'm also interested, Hawk. Also welcome to the forums! ^_^
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Legendary Hawk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am

Haylie wrote:Well, Hawk, color me interested, and if you haven't already, you might put something similar to this in the Welcome Mat if you want.

I've got an idea or two kickin' around.

Awesome. :)
I've come up with some ideas too:

This is similar to another roleplay that I read a while ago, and I kind of wanted to redo the theme. A guy shows up to a job interview, gets accepted for the position pretty much right on the spot, and is then given a uniform for work... which immeadiately changes him as he puts it on. It's kind of a general idea, and it's pretty short/simple, but if it sounds interesting we can build from there. (And I'd like to be the character who gets TFed.) Otherwise, maybe we could do one of your ideas.

Zoey wrote:I'm also interested, Hawk. Also welcome to the forums! ^_^

Thank you! :)
Got anything in mind, or do you want to brainstorm with me?
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Zoey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 am

I'll PM you ;p
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Haylie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 am

I prefer things that are more action-oriented, personally, and I'm not good at running games. It doesn't need to be Michael Bay-levels of action, but some confrontation beyond dialog is great for me.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Alright. What kind of setting do you prefer for the action? Fantasy, modern, futuristic?
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Yes. :)

I'm well-versed with many different RP settings, including those, cyberpunk, some steampunk, hidden-world, modern-fantasy, future-fantasy, future-cyberpunk-fantasy...

I've been doing this way too long. :lol:

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 pm

I don't know if you noticed Muffinville. That's kind of a very fast pace area for RP. It's less descriptive most of the time, and it can sometimes go very, very quickly, with lots of posts popping up in just an hour or so. It's not for everyone, but can be good if you just want some light-hearted TF fun.

This area is my favourite, but it can sometimes be quiet here.

For me, the most fun RP is one that has a good story, some action, but the TF also. I like to be TF'd, and then have to play in that new form, rather than the TF being the end of the RP.
Last edited by Harri-chan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Legendary Hawk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:54 pm

I've actually never done a cyberpunk role play, though I'm familiar with the genre. I'd like to try that out if you're in the mood for it.

Thanks for the tip, Harri-chan. :)
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Sounds good to me. Cybernetic upgrades, brain-uploads, guns hidden in body parts... truely awesome.

Combine it with fantasy, and you have Shadowrun. :mrgreen:

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm

I never played Shadowrun actually, but I've got a decent feel about its atmosphere from what I've seen online.

Alrighty. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with a plot filled with some action. Do you think there should be some overarching background conflict? Like a war? Or should our characters' conflict exist on a more personal level?
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Well, there's ALWAYS crap goin' down in Shadowrun whether you're aware of it or not, mostly done by other Runners against the Corps or vice-versa.

As for our characters, they can either be total greenhorns or seasoned vets, or somewhere in between. I'm not picky. :P

Hmm... I guess they could have an agenda as almost all Runners do (besides making boatloads of cash with their "unique skillset"), but it would have to be manufactured by us. Whether they're connected or totally seperate is up to us as well. Most tabletop games are pretty flexible on that front.

The setting is varied enough that we could get away with just about anything. The TFs could be tech- or magic-based, or both, or neither...

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Legendary Hawk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Maybe our characters could be hired to finish off a dwindling Native American tribe, but ultimately fail to do so. And the Native Americans can punish them by forcing them into joining their tribe, expecting them to eventually help repopulate it.
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm not comfortable with that. I'm good with the curse part, but not the "finish off" bit (speaking as a part-Native American) even if the premise demands they fail.

Maybe we can tweak it a bit? :)

Hmmm... maybe they get caught by the cops, and the more corrupt ones see fit to just blast 'em between the eyes, but they get away and ask some dude (possibly one of their contacts) for help with identity reassignment, and it gets taken a bit too far? Maybe a Native American shaman as one of the contact's contacts?

Just tossin' ideas here.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Next

Return to Roleplaying