[SRP] Harem FIGHT! Disscusion/sign up (Open)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [SRP} Harem FIGHT! Disscusion/sign up

Postby Kether » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Harri-chan wrote:I'm interested :)

The only issue I see is... Muffin ran another game like this, paired people off and they had TF battles to transform the other into their new girlfriend. The problem was, I'm pretty sure nobody wanted to be left as a boy, so half the people taking part ended up 'winning' their battle and probably being left disappointed.

This is why I asked about losers who might want to "improve" their masters
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby muffinstud » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Problem I see with that Will stat is that I can see all of the functionality easily falling under the Mind stat.

I suggest keeping the stats to just three, so there's an added rock/paper/scissors element involved. Each stat has a weakness against another, giving you a +1 or +2 against it.

Also, my suggestion for a third stat would be something like Heart. Mind can be used for someone's mental quickness and willpower. Body for someone's fitness and attractiveness. Heart for someone's dedication and loyalty. Heart beats Mind, Mind beats Body, Body beats Heart.

Also, a word of advice from the RPs I've run. You'll find that a good number of people will try to lose or throw the fight in order to get the TF they'd like. Not that this is a bad thing, but it leads to PC's acting way out of character. And metagaming. Oh the metagaming.

But, if you iron out a system, I'd be happy to join. Good luck with constructing everything!
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby CalypsoNymph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Mmmm... maybe... I'll have to think about that. The rock-paper-scissors idea is a good one, and one that I wasn't thinking about, so I'll keep that in mind.

And as for Heart... herm... maybe. But then what if we have someone who wants a Maid TF? Then the more you alter their 'Mind', then they'll get urges that fit with the 'Heart'. But if somebody can think of a way around that, then this game is almost all set up.

And... herm... I'm pretty sure that I can think of a way to make people want to win, to prevent metagaming. I've already got a half-formed idea for that; I just need to smooth it out a bit...
My Characters

My preferences

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to PM me!
CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby CalypsoNymph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Actually... I just came up with a solution to that... a 'Maids' 'Mind stat' would alter how much they want to clean and/or cook. Okay. I can live with that.

I... think that I have everything ironed out now... does anybody have any questions?

Oh, new stuff: After somebodies fully transformed, they will get a new set of stats that add up to the pevious total that they had. So, if you want, say, a SUPER-loyal maid, you're going to want to survive as many rounds as you can to get the 'full' effect. If you get cut out in the first round, that doesn't mean you won't be a 'loyal' maid... just that you won't be SUPER-loyal. What you want won't be fully filled out unless you're taken out in the final round.

...Again, I'm not completely sure about that mechanic, but I like it and I think it's a way to get everybody their TF while having a good way to avoid meta-gaming. What do people think?
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Hmm, you might be on to something. So maybe OOCly we set up 3 TF, each one more extreme than the previous? Maybe for an AR fan, losing in round 1 leaves you 14, round 2 maybe leaves you 10, but if you got to the final and lost you get to be a more embarassing age 6? Maybe the eventual victor could be an npc? So the real winner of the players gets the extreme TF then plays out an unavoidable defeat in the final round?
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby CalypsoNymph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Exactly! Though, of course, the players won't know that they actually won't win...

This way, everybody gets their transformation, and the further they get the better the TF! It prevents meta-gaming, allowing people to enjoy the game, while still letting people revel in their transformations. The problem I see with that is that people might not actually want to set up three or four seperate TF's, with diffrent parameters for each.
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Hm... It all sounds fair enough to me, I think.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I'll pinch in my 5cents.

All seems fine, but one thing I noticed is that this is getting alot of traffic in the sense of popularity. My worry is that if you do get 8+ players, (and now Muffin had troubles with), managing 8+ TFs or just 8+ players is QUITE the task for a GM to take... Just sayin, you will need a lot of patience, imagination and probably breaks between as you write your post.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Marky » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Oh, wow. Now that does make it all the more interesting. Definitely like where it is going. I do understand the problem that you pointed out, though. I know of maybe about 2 or 3 different TFs that I would be willing to set up, already from it, two that can easily be thought out. The other, well, not as much. I'm guessing the variety in the amount of Tfs might be to have more of a variety of end-result transformations?
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Zoey wrote:I'll pinch in my 5cents.

All seems fine, but one thing I noticed is that this is getting alot of traffic in the sense of popularity. My worry is that if you do get 8+ players, (and now Muffin had troubles with), managing 8+ TFs or just 8+ players is QUITE the task for a GM to take... Just sayin, you will need a lot of patience, imagination and probably breaks between as you write your post.

I think it would probably work best if you break up each Fight into itsown thread.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby CalypsoNymph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Zoey: Herm... that's a good point, but I think I can pull it off as long as this is the only game that I run. At least for the first round. That's going to be the hardest.

The bright side is that the TF's are specifically blocked off, pre-seperated by the stats, and pre-chosen by the players. That makes the whole thing a lot easier.

Marky: Not exactly... I think you're misunderstanding something. The idea is that each round in the TF's will become, er, 'more' of a TF, and each 'version' follows the same theme. So, like with Hari-chan, in the first round it's an AR to 14, in the second it's an AR to 10, and in the last it's an AR to 6. For maids, first round is loyal, second round is automatically obediantly, third round is needs a 'Master'. Kind of.

I suppose if you want three seperate TF's for each round, that's fine, as long as each TF still gets stronger and more 'complete' after each round, but remember that after each round 'ends' all the remaining 'Masters' will be fully healed, and then some, so there won't be any mix-and-matching.

@Kether: No can do. Each 'Master' gets thrown into a huge arena, and they have to find the other Masters, supior firing positions, and etc., all the while trying to keep an eye on the back of their heads for other Masters who are doing exactly the same thing.
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Ohh! Okay. So, keeping AR as the example, we would just kinda describe forms for those three stages of AR, and in the first round, your character would only get turned, at least partially, into the form chosen for the first stage of AR, then in the second round the changes can go into the 2nd stage, and so on? But what if, by the end of the first round, at least one stat hasn't been TFed into a 1st stage. Would a TF on the unchanged part instantly go into the 2nd stage in the second round, or would it only go to the first stage?
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby CalypsoNymph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 pm

All 'Masters' are completely healed at the end of each round, and the transformations start anew. That's the idea, at least. So say Hari-chan's age is decreased to her 14, but her Mind is unaltered. At the end of the first round, she returns fully to her 'normal' form... so that she can be de-aged to 10 in the second! :D

That's the idea, at least. Any suggestions, concerns, comments?
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby CalypsoNymph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm

And... there! Character sheets requested! Go to the first page to see the information. I'm still taking questions, comments, and concerns, but I have all the inforamtion I need for people to make their character sheets.

Also, I'm pretty sure, 'Heart' will be, basically, obediance and dedication to your 'master', and some TF specific alterations, depending on the TF. I think that's good...
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby AshK » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:29 pm

How well will we have to keep up with the RP? With school and work, I am not sure when I will be able to be on and respond. Sometimes I respond right away and sometimes it takes me about a month to respond.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying