My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The RP (OOC Thread)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The RP (OOC Thread

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:54 am

I prefer the idea of retaining human memories, makes it all so much more embarassing, but I guess each player character could be effected differently depending on preference.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Haylie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 am

I agree.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kether » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:14 am

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:Well to clarify a few things.

1- My personal opinion is that Celestia and Luna were never Goddess's. Hearth's Warming Eve, and the season finale back this up. But I digress. The 'alicorn' I was going for was going to be like Cadence, so I guess it's fine if you're all okay with it. I'm just saying I'd like it if we just had the one.

HEart's warming Eve just shows that Ponies predate them(and yet they put them on their flag) not that they aren't a level of power far beyond other ponies.

That Chyrstalis is stunned that she can beat Celestia with Shining Armor's love is a testament to how much love he has(and an example of Celestia taking a Worf)

Conversely Luna and Celestia have the strength and bearing of an Earth pony, Magic that it seemed that a large number of Unicorns has to meet, and wings. Both are immortal and Celestia at least had limited prophetic abilities based on Word of God(not that she sees everything but she has some idea to work from) But more importantly for this they two teamed Discord and that would be more the issue here.

Of course with or without wings being a newly crowned princess/royalty of the town can come up.

On the other hand... Discord seems the type of "god" who'd be able to make a burrito so big he can't lift it.
Last edited by Kether on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 am

I posted a pony bio form and my character's equestrian form in a seperate thread. Whenever you are ready, Garath, you can start the background story, and help moderate things from there.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 am

Here is my MLP character for this rp

Pony Name: Sonata

Species: (Unicorn, Earth Pony, Pegasi): Unicorn

Cutie Mark: An Eye on her right and left flanks
Element:Sonata Represents the Element of Perception and Observation
Coat:Light Brown
Mane Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Gold
Magical Powers: As an Unicorn, Sonata has a basic Levitation spell and an illumination spell, two of the basic spells a unicorn in Equestria can learn. She can also summon her magical pen and pad of paper or her journal, which she can write down her observations or send messages to other ponies.
Friends:
Enemies:
Family: One younger sibling, Mother, Father.
Personality: Sonata is a matter-of-fact unicorn and speaks softly and clearly so anypony can hear her. She is very observant and tries to view her arrival in Equestria as a challenge to explore and meet other ponies.
Flaws: Sonata's Perceptive ability come with slight headaches from time to time. She usually passes this off as stress or some part of her powers. She can get frustrated at times if she cannot complete her spell assignments at school.
Accessories: Sonata has a pair of glasses, a copy of a basic spell book, and her magical pen and paper to write notes, memos, and observations, and a basic journal for her thoughts.

I also leave open for possibility for Sonata to have a younger sibling to take care of to teach her responsibility.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 am

Is there anything else we need to clear up before making a start?

I'm going to make my character pretty ignorant of the MLP world, to cover up my lack of knowledge, and then as my character learns things IC, I'll be picking it up too.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 am

I'll make sure I list all the things needed to be known when I start the actual game. Hopefully today. Been rather preoccupied this week. :/
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 am

Did you want us to use Kris Roth's character sheet?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kether » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:14 pm

I had a fully noncanonical(but what is) idea at this point after looking over some art, would a Kirin/Quilin be outside bounds?
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Hmm, are we meant to have specifics about our new appearance and name before we begin? Or would that... be partly up to the villain? I've pretty much thought out how my character is in the 'real world', but... I don't know, I figure they'll be dumped into the pony world and be pretty much clueless about what their lives are like in this new world?
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Kether wrote:I had a fully noncanonical(but what is) idea at this point after looking over some art, would a Kirin/Quilin be outside bounds?

A what? I have no idea what that is.

As for the game. It's going to take place right after the 'preview story' I posted a bit back. So you'll begin the game already transformed and IN Equestria. It's just up to you how you deal with it from then on.

Also, do remember that all the 'ponies' around you (except the other players) Have been brainwashed into thinking they were always ponies. This also means they'll have no idea who you are. Maybe. More on that in a bit. To Discord you are their 'wild card'. You retain all your memories, but have a new body you AREN'T familiar with. This also means if you had a brother/sister etc. You don't know what kind of pony they became. You just know somewhere in the town is your family. Luckily some of them might have wandered back to their 'original homes' in the town, so you might find them that way.

All of the 'brainwashed' ponies though don't know how to use 'Human tech' so things like TVs and stuff will seem strange to them. It's up to you how that goes. If you want a sister or mom/dad end up remembering who you are, that's up to you. Though in that case, they'd likely think YOU were always as you were. What happens with your family is all up to what you want to happen.

No amount of trying though will get them to recall being human. Discord made sure of that.

Cutie Marks: This represents what your pony is 'Good at' like a pony good at art, might have a cutie mark related to that. In the show a pony who's talent is making apple products has three apples on her flank.

It does not however mean if you are an earth pony and have fire on your flank you can control fire. If you are a unicorn though and have fire on your flank, it likely means you are good at fire magic.

Your cutie mark is up to you, and when you get it. You want to start with one? Fine. Want to figure your talent out later? That's cool as well. If you have any questions, ask me.

In fact I'll start it up soon. *maybe tonight. once again busy* So if you KNOW what you want to be. PM me it, and any questions you might have. If you think what you have planned won't be a problem, then you don't have to PM me if you don't want.

I think that does it...
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kether » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:
Kether wrote:I had a fully noncanonical(but what is) idea at this point after looking over some art, would a Kirin/Quilin be outside bounds?

A chinese mythological animal equated in many ways with a unicorn

http://mlp-fim-ocs.deviantart.com/galle ... 7#/d4neb8t would look something like that.
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:21 am

Kether wrote:
Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:

A chinese mythological animal equated in many ways with a unicorn

http://mlp-fim-ocs.deviantart.com/galle ... 7#/d4neb8t would look something like that.

I'll allow it, but being it's kinda rare or doesn't exist in Equestria, be ready for everypony to wonder at what the heck you are.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:44 am

Okay, I've got like twenty minutes before I need to leave for work, so yeah game is delayed again. Sorry guys I have a LOT I do now a days. I will be able to start it when I get home today though. So if you have any last questions before we begin. Now is the time.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kether » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:33 am

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:All of the 'brainwashed' ponies though don't know how to use 'Human tech' so things like TVs and stuff will seem strange to them. It's up to you how that goes. If you want a sister or mom/dad end up remembering who you are, that's up to you. Though in that case, they'd likely think YOU were always as you were. What happens with your family is all up to what you want to happen.

Other thought I think Ponies do have TVs, more explicit things like cars and motorcycles seem to be out but even that seems to be random.
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying