My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The RP (OOC Thread)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The RP (OOC Thread

Postby Haylie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:59 am

I hate to double-post, but I didn't have a chance to watch the new episodes before yesterday. Is there some way we can work Changelings into it?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby AshK » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 pm

How well would we have to stay up to date if we decide to participate because with school and work, I never know when I will be on.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Haylie wrote:I hate to double-post, but I didn't have a chance to watch the new episodes before yesterday. Is there some way we can work Changelings into it?

What would we have them do?
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Changelings can assume the form of any pony, be it Pegasi, Earth Pony, or Unicorn. They have no recognizable cutie Mark, unless they can make one up to blend in or attend a party, like the Royal Galloping Gala or one of Bon Bon and Silver Spoon's parties (mostly done to tease those ponies who have not earned their cutie marks). They cannot perform Magic as Unicorns (or can they?). They can either blend into the background and learn about the different jobs they can do, or be used as spies for Discord, depending on their motivation.

AshK, it's okay about RL stuff. I have midterms for my Master's of Social Sciences degree and am scheduled to graduate on August 11, 2012. After that, i will be attending various graduating parties with family and looking for work.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Haylie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Crap, I had a really good idea before, but I forgot it now. :x

Maybe, in this alt-verse, they joined up with Discord when he broke free? Perhaps they brokered a deal with him: He could have their lands and food sources (read: ponies, aka playthings) if he found some way to get them more, somewhere else, so Discord began pulling people from various dimentions and replacing them with the Changelings.

Thus, the Changelings would have more food and freedom from chaos, Discord would have even MORE playthings that didn't know about him (as far as he knew), which means he could have even more fun with them. Win-win for all but the PCs, who now have more incentive to try to find a way back, which is only through the princesses, who are trapped or dead, the Element-charged Mane Six, who are bewitched and useless (or dead), or... Discord. Who is evil.

Also, maybe some of the Changelings got screwed over and were forced to stay behind, opening up the possibility for player-controlled Changelings in a more plausible way?

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kether » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:
Haylie wrote:I hate to double-post, but I didn't have a chance to watch the new episodes before yesterday. Is there some way we can work Changelings into it?

What would we have them do?

Presumably the caprice of Discord could allow a player as an "Evil' where others might traditionally assume said player's evilness, the player not being bound to Changeling culture has free reign to be good and thus has to deal with Pony bigotry
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Question for everyone:

Do you want an epic storyline to be taking place, or would you rather it just be "Hey you're in Equestria now. Do whatever"

Because I think I have an idea for an actual story.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:17 pm

What would this story be like, exactly?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 pm

I'd like a story, but just messin' around could be fun, too.

What story are you thinking about?

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 pm

I agree with Haylie, a story with some exploration of Equestria and the various places from the show.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:00 am

Basic Idea: (Reworked idea of earlier post)

It had been a long day in your small little town, but that's not important now. Especially not at 11:53 at night. The problem was that you couldn't sleep. Despite the next days events mere hours away, your body refused to rest. At this rate you wouldn't have the energy to tackle tomorrow at all.

Course, how were you to know that 'tomorrow' in the normal sense of the word. Would never come?

You had just been trying to get comfortable. Staring at your TV as you lay awake. The clock counting down the minutes. 11:58... 11:59...

Midnight.

That's when it all changed. It was as if the world suddenly just... Stopped. The clock wasn't moving. The items in the room lay still. No sounds, No shifting shadows. Everything was... Motionless.

Except for you. You could move and breath just fine. But then why-

Course you never had a chance to finish that thought as the TV blazed into static life. The sudden sound and appearance of tv snow, nearly giving you a heart attack.

That's when you heard the other sound... A sort of... Gleeful laughter.

"Oh what wonderful CHAOS this will bring!" The voice of the laughter gloats. You are sure the sound is coming from the television. But who is it? What is it?

(And for those who have seen the show. It sounds familiar as all heck)

"An entire town transported to Equestria! Oh the fun that can be had just from that, but oh no. That'd be too simple a game! We have so many of these 'humans' here, to simply unleash them as they are would be too simple. It's not seasoned enough of a plan. Oh, but to change them into ponies, now we are getting somewhere. Course we'll have to do a few more alterations. Why change them into ponies if we don't SPICE things up a bit? Let them believe they had always been ponies. Ponies now placed in a town not of their own. Oh this is going to be so entertaining! Ponies that believe they are in the wrong place, and yet can't help but feel some strange sense of familiarity!" The being began to laugh again. Meanwhile a strange white blast of... Something swept across your little town just then. With a start you find yourself Outside. You barely have time to recognize the area, before your vision is drawn to a rather intimidating creature, seemingly made up of a ton of different monsters.

"Hello there little one" It speaks to you. "Oh yes, I didn't forget you. Seems you had the unfortunate fate of being awake when I caused my little switcharoo. You'll find most of the people of this town are ponies now. Completely unaware of what they once were. Surely someone you admire or love is upon them. A father? A Brother? Your best friend perhaps? Might want to find them. I'd imagined they are quite confused right now. Finding yourself in a strange yet familiar town. No memories of your past. Could cause quite the... Chaos wouldn't you say?"

He grins down at you menacingly. You want to speak, but find you can not form the words.

"But that still leaves what to do with the ones like you? It'd be a shame to just turn you like all the others. You after all, resisted the sleep spell I tried to place upon the town. Quite remarkable I'd say. Must have a touch of magic in your little husks." He thinks for a few moments before his mouth cracks into a huge grin. With a snap of his fingers, a giant game show wheel is next to him. Showing pictures of many different kinds of ponies, as well as a few other creatures...

"Congratulations! You can be wild cards! Not only will I allow you to remember just what is going on, but I'll give you a fair chance at something interesting. On this wheel I have a list of available creatures for you to become. Now here are the rules. I'll spin it, and whatever it lands on is what you become! How wonderful! I'm a fair sport though, so here's what I'll do. Scattered in six of the 'pony' cities is an element. Six to be precise. Six elements of harmony, so I've hidden six elements of chaos. Gather them, and the chaos of this place is yours to control. With that power you can not only restore all your family and friends back to normal, but perhaps return yourself to your proper world. No time limit, I just want to see you play the game! Now... What will be become?"

With that he spins the wheel. You have just enough time to see what it landed on, before you black out.

(When you wake up, you'd be whatever the wheel landed on. You location would be some place 'close' to you in the small town the game will take place in. So yeah, basically you are all from some small town, but it's large enough that it's possible you've never met each other. By 'close to you' of course I mean something along the lines of a place you enjoy being. One person that might be the park. One it might be school. It's up to you.

The wheel has every sentient type of pony and creature upon it. You want to be a changling? Have the wheel land on that. A dragon? Well, let's try to keep those to the teenager size at least.

From there you'd choose what kind of pony/creature you are going to be, where you'll 'wake up' in the town, and just go from there. All NPC ponies are free to control unless stated otherwise.

Last of all, I'd like to know if since I'm running the game, if it'd be okay for my character to be the one 'alicorn' made. I'd love to have a guy wake up as a 'Pony Princess' and have to deal with that. XD )
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:23 am

Word of God has it Celestia and Luna are all three Pony tribes in one, strength of an Earth Pony, Flight of a Pegasus, and well magic of a Unicorn.

Cadence seems to lack the Earth pony option, so the idea was that while the two Ruling princesses are the unique 3 in ones there are are also hybrids. Cadence is a unicorn Pegasus, Blueblood(who we saw last season with his massive size over most unicorn males would be a Earth, Unicorn) Fluttershy with her ties more to earth than the sky might be a Earth, Pegasus. So you could get a hybrid without being an all powerful goddess type.

On the other hand without that it seems there are Unicorn nobles even outside the hybrid theory(and Cadence was intially intended to merely be a Unicorn)

Either way it seems there's plenty of room for being a pretty pony princess without having to be a world shaping goddess.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Haylie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 am

Sounds pretty interesting to me.

I'll just say, though, the character I have in mind would be rather miffed and would probably try to punch Discord in the face at the first opportunity, especially with how tired she'd be, so you might have him put a stasis spell or something on them (or at least mine).

Other than that, it sounds pretty good. Different location so we have little chance of running into canon characters that would be hard to properly RP and allows for plenty of exploration, an unobtrusive plot that could be completed almost at leisure, and we still have an ultimate goal to work towards with several kinds of obsticles: Physical (probably adjusting to the new body, first of all, including flight and magic for pegasi and unicorns and whatnot), mental ("Something isn't right, but I can't say what"), and social ("Nothing's wrong! Are you okay? And why are you hanging out with a Changeling?")

As for the Alicorn part... I'm with Kether.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 am

Sounds good to me <3
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 am

Well to clarify a few things.

1- My personal opinion is that Celestia and Luna were never Goddess's. Hearth's Warming Eve, and the season finale back this up. But I digress. The 'alicorn' I was going for was going to be like Cadence, so I guess it's fine if you're all okay with it. I'm just saying I'd like it if we just had the one.

2- I should have elaborated more on the whole. "Unable to form the words" Line when Discord was talking to your character. It's not because of fear, it's because he froze you in place. ^^;

3- Every NPC in the 'town' has had their memories erased and altered to believe they were always as they are. EXCEPT for your character. They still have all their memories of being human in the other world. The idea is Discord wants to see what you'll do with this knowledge. Because trying to tell the ponies around you that they are actually something called a 'human' would likely freak them out and cause a huge panic. Thus Chaos.

Unless you are wanting it to be that you also can't recall being a human. Which do you think is better?
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying