My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The RP (OOC Thread)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The RP (OOC Thread)

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone wanted to try a rp based off of the new hit show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. This wonderful show is produced by Lauren Faust, who has done hit shows like the Power Puff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Several voice actors such as Tara Strong (Twilight Sparkle) and others lent their voices for the various characters, ranging from Applejack (southern Belle), Pinkie Pie (the ditzy one), Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, as well as the very shy and sensitive Fluttershy. MLP: FiM is on the Hub channel and its target audience is young girls ages 6-12, but some teenage and adults boys (and girls) have joined the herd. Known collectively as "Bronies", these folks follow the show and have posted fan fiction, deviant art, and created an internet Meme featuring the characters for the show.

The main character in the series is Twilight Sparkle, voiced by Tara Strong. She is a unicorn, and enjoys reading and doing magic. One day, Princess Celestia summons Twilight Sparkle to Canterlot with her scribe, the little dragon Spike. She tells Twilight Sparkle and Spike to get Twilight Sparkle to meet new ponies in Ponyville. Twilight Sparkle meets colorful characters including Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, as well as Fluttershy, and harnesses the elements of harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon, who is really Princess Luna, Celestia's sister. Each friend has a special talent that can be expressed through a "Cutie Mark" on their flanks. There are smaller fillies known collectively as the "Cutie Mark Crusaders", including Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, the little sister of Applejack.

Not sure what kind of plot would need our Mane Six (Twilight Sparkle and her friends), and the background ponies, but if you have ideas on how a group of people end up in Equestria/Ponyville as new arrivals (and some female, like Unicorns and Pegasi, as well as Earth Ponies), but continue to post some ideas on what plots.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The RP (OOC Thread

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:21 pm

If any interest does get drummed up for this idea. I'm just putting this out there, that I'm willing to run it.

Could be any sort of things that causes the ponification. Can even include some good ol' genderbending! XD

On such way it could be done is via the Conversion Bureau universe. Which I'm guessing most of you don't know what that is. Sort version:

'In the near future, the earth has become over polluted, and worn down. Trash, radiations, horrible diseases. In short it's dying.

Cue Equestria appearing on one of our oceans by magic. Princess Celestia then comes to humankind and offers a way out. Soon, 'Conversion Bureau's' are being set up all over. You walk in a human, you walk out a pony. The offer is to go to Equestria, but only a pony can survive the magic...'

It's a bit more complicated then that, and there is a LOT of fiction on it. But that's just one such way the RP could work.

It could be a simple thing as a magic mirror doorway. Who knows? Kris and I are mainly just seeing if there is any interest.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Sounds pretty cool to me. I'm assuming player-use of alicorns is out. :P
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Sure, I might be down for something like this...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Haylie wrote:Sounds pretty cool to me. I'm assuming player-use of alicorns is out. :P

Not unless you WANT massive headaches when trying to RP XD.

But seriously no, no becoming an Alicorn. Mary-sue the Pony RP this is NOT.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:05 pm

There are 3 types of Ponies in Equestria :

Unicorns: Unicorns, like Twilight Sparkle, Celestia, Princess Luna and Rarity.

Earth Ponies: Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Apple Bloom

Pegasus: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy

There are different activities in Equestria, like the Royal Galloping Gala, the Winter and Seasonal celebrations, and chores to do before you can attend different celebrations.

Dragons: Spike is Twilight Sparkle's scribe. He sends and receives messages to and from Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 pm

It sounds interesting, though I haven't seen very many episodes since I can't access Hub TV all the time. I can only access Hub TV on the TV in the living room.
Though I have read some My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fics. I am not too up on the MLP:FiM because I have only seen a few Episodes.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kether » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 pm

I've been wanting to do some Ponification Rp for months.

also you can find most episodes on youtube
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Hira Kanaki » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:40 pm

And I'm interested as well, I'm curious to see how this will go.
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Haylie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:30 am

AshK wrote:It sounds interesting, though I haven't seen very many episodes since I can't access Hub TV all the time. I can only access Hub TV on the TV in the living room.
Though I have read some My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fics. I am not too up on the MLP:FiM because I have only seen a few Episodes.

All the episodes are up in full for free on YouTube, and Hasbro honestly doesn't care that they're there (if it says they were taken down due to copyright claims by Hasbro, it was because of the trolls; Hasbro's actually pretty supportive of it).

Kris_Roth wrote:There are 3 types of Ponies in Equestria :

There are different activities in Equestria, like the Royal Galloping Gala, the Winter and Seasonal celebrations, and chores to do before you can attend different celebrations.

Dragons: Spike is Twilight Sparkle's scribe. He sends and receives messages to and from Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle.

I could help out with the lore, if you'd like me to.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:15 am

Haylie wrote:
AshK wrote:It sounds interesting, though I haven't seen very many episodes since I can't access Hub TV all the time. I can only access Hub TV on the TV in the living room.

All the episodes are up in full for free on YouTube, and Hasbro honestly doesn't care that they're there (if it says they were taken down due to copyright claims by Hasbro, it was because of the trolls; Hasbro's actually pretty supportive of it).

Kris_Roth wrote:There are 3 types of Ponies in Equestria :

I could help out with the lore, if you'd like me to.

Well it depends on what we end up doing. I guess I'll take this time to ask a question: What is everypony (ha ha I'm so clever!) wanting to happen with them in this RP? I've pretty much accepted the job of running it, so it's time to gather info.

The basic idea is we go from human to pony. But what happens then? Why does it happen? Are you looking for some gender bending?

I mentioned earlier the Conversion Bureau idea. So how many are interested in that? And if we do go that way, I'll probably end up doing most of the lore, as I think I'm the only one who knows of this particular cliche. :/

If you'd all rather just do a: "Somehow gets transported to Equestria" kinda deal, then we'll see what we can do with that. I know I can think of something no problem.

So again, what is it everyone wants to happen to them?
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:27 am

Did you know Discord, the Chimera character in the Elements of Harmony storyline, is voiced by the guy who played Q from Star Trek: TNG? Lauren Faust created Discord with him in mind.

Tara Strong is no stranger to voice acting, voicing such loveable characters as Raven from Teen Titans, Omi from Xiolin Showdown, Truffles (Mushroom Pixie and wife of Mung Daal) from Chowder, Mushi Sanban (Kuki/Numbuh 3's little sister) and her mother, Mrs. Sanban, from Codename: Kids Next Door (also an idea for rp with an AR theme)....Timmy Turner and Poof (Cosmo and Wanda's baby fairy) from Fairly Odd Parents, and young Ben Tennyson from Ben 10. She also voiced Bubbles from Power Puff Girls. She now voices the main character for FiM, Twilight Sparkle. She also performed Meg Griffin's singing voice from Family Guy.

Garath, looks like we have some interested rpers. We should get some sort of character sheet and figure out what the pony's Cutie Marks are. Cutie marks are earned when a pony finds out his or her special talent. For example, Twilight Sparkle has a mark that resembles a star and magic, as she is a unicorn. Rainbow Dash, the Pegasus, has a symbol of a rainbow and a cloud, because she lives in Cloudsdale, the home of the Pegasi Ponies. Applejack has an apple symbol on her flank, as does her brother, Big MacInosh and her grandmother, Granny Smith, denoting her job on her farm in Sweet Apple Acres, apple harvesting, or what she calls Apple Bucking. Honesty is Applejack's element. Rarity is Generostiy, and Pinkie Pie is Laughter. Rainbow Dash represents loyality, and Twilight Sparkle's element is magic. Fluttershy is good with animals of all types, and represents the element of kindness. Rarity owns the Carosel Boutique, and makes costumes and other fashions. I also like the little fillies known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Apple Bloom, little sister of Apple Jack, Rarity's little sister, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo attend school under the guidance of Cherrilee, their teacher.

Should we get a character sheet for the pony form and human side? I think once the new ponies show up in Equestria, they have to meet Princess Celestia and then be sent to Ponyville to explore and meet the other characters. I don't mind having siblings, since Applejack and Rarity have little sisters in the show.
I saw some cosplayers for MLP, including a panel with Pinkie Pie, Photo Finish, Princess Celestia, Fluttershy, Princess Luna, and Twiligh Sparkle. One girl asked 'Princess Celestia' why she didn't have her cutie mark yet, and 'Celestia' responed in character, "Royal Subject, you will earn your cutie mark when you discover your purpose or talent." Another cosplay skit renacts the lore of the Celestia and Luna/Nightmare Moon saga (1st 2 episodes of season 1). Twilight Sparkle and Spike the Dragon are introduced as Celestia asks Twilight Sparkle to head to Ponyville and make new friends to study the magic of friendship. Along the way, she meets the other Mane 6.

I just saw the Phoenix Wright/MLP crossover fan fiction on youtube. It's in 4 parts.
Last edited by Kris_Roth on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Haylie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:06 am

I prefer the "somehow gets transported there" thing. It gives them more of a goal to aspire to: "Get back home. And if I don't, it's not too bad here. In fact, I kinda like it. So try to get back home, but no rush."

Also, if they get transported there, we can explore more and maybe run into some more creatures and stuff that we wouldn't otherwise.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kether » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:28 am

I've seen some fun fics where Discord or Nightmare moon imposed Ponydom on people what about something like that as a basis?
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kumi-chan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 am

EVIL! It is evil little ponies.
Sorry I am a jerk so I couldn't resist any longer.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Next

Return to Roleplaying