Lost rp (Version 2.0.00.1)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Lost rp (Version 2.0.00.1)

Postby Sasha » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:57 am

she sighs. " what am i thinking trying this." she takes off at a spirit and tries to jump over

((will be out of town for a few days))
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Gee-chan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 pm

(OOC: Hey, good to see you alive. So, 'The K' is it? That's....a thing.

Ookalf wrote:Ah... More of a battery, I suppose. My body sort of fills with energy, and I just... use it. Though, sometimes I'll feel like my powers are kind of pushing me to use them in certain ways, or to use certain techniques... I hope makes sense. I've never really tried to articulate this before...

"No, I believe I understand." Terra replied, "What I have in mind may provide you a better understanding of the amulet."

She paused, her stance changing oddly, as though mimicking something she had seen someone else do, becoming more formal, composed. Like a teacher regarding their class. However, there was still something oddly stiff about it, a certain lack of understanding about the inherent body language that made the pose natural.

"One of the first lessons an initiate magus learns is how to feel the mana around them. If one cannot feel it, they cannot shape it and so must rely on that within themselves, thus risking drawing too much and destroying themselves. I do not know how your unfamiliar practice will alter the principal behind it, but I wish to test whether or not you can learn to do this, then apply it to locate the closest powerful source of mana in the hopes of locating our allies."

Her stance relaxed again, or at least, reverted back to how it was before.

"That is, if you are willing."
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Gee-chan wrote:"No, I believe I understand." Terra replied, "What I have in mind may provide you a better understanding of the amulet."

She paused, her stance changing oddly, as though mimicking something she had seen someone else do, becoming more formal, composed. Like a teacher regarding their class. However, there was still something oddly stiff about it, a certain lack of understanding about the inherent body language that made the pose natural.

"One of the first lessons an initiate magus learns is how to feel the mana around them. If one cannot feel it, they cannot shape it and so must rely on that within themselves, thus risking drawing too much and destroying themselves. I do not know how your unfamiliar practice will alter the principal behind it, but I wish to test whether or not you can learn to do this, then apply it to locate the closest powerful source of mana in the hopes of locating our allies."

Her stance relaxed again, or at least, reverted back to how it was before.

"That is, if you are willing."

*Shiki nods as Terra finishes her explanation.* Well, that does sound useful... What would I need to do, exactly?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:38 pm

(That's me. I'm K. Pleasure is all yours, I'm sure. Just don't care about whatever the forum name is here.)

Hitomi nods. "If you are sure." She jumps down from the roof top in a nearby ally way, setting down the two passengers. "Either you take him from here, or we leave him here and call them over here." Seems she just rather not be seen by these people. She stepping back from where the people are, further back in the small ally. Waiting a moment making sure Solaris to be distracted, by the man. Before she holds onto the wall, groaning as she no longer holds back what she is feeling, the pains from her back and legs, nearly collapsing onto the ground. But still making sure that if Solaris sees her she looks to be just resting her head on the wall.

{*}{*}{*}Solaris{*}{*}{*}
The man is laid against the wall, with Solaris by the Mew girl. She stepping away to let Solaris make her choice. The man groans softly as he remains unconscious, looking well healed other wise. She close enough to carry him, herself. Or she could call to those people and return to the Mew.

Hira Kanaki wrote:*Well this might be bad.* Keiko thought as she attempted to dodge the other monsters attack.

(Attempt to dodge how? I would not prefer this to be an auto hit. But if that's all there is to it, then it will be.)

Sasha wrote:she sighs. " what am i thinking trying this." she takes off at a spirit and tries to jump over

She jumps across the gap, easily. Just as she lands she sees the little girl crouching down, leaping of the piece of land. She twirling in the air and landing upside down on another above them. Natsuki might have felt it, but when she jumped the gravity seemed to be off for her letting her leap further.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Gee-chan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:56 am

Ookalf wrote:*Shiki nods as Terra finishes her explanation.* Well, that does sound useful... What would I need to do, exactly?

"You will need to learn how to feel the energy around you, to draw it in and read how it flows. This will be difficult; this world's energy is alive and chaotic and I have augmentations to aid me in this task. However, you are more familiar with such a world, so to you it will feel 'natural', rather than as constant noise."

She eyed the area around the little shrine and tested the local mana to the highly limited degree she could. The flow was oddly stable here, she thought, as the old energy inhabiting the shrine calmed the whirling flow of mana as it touched all the living things within the dome.
Still, being inside would make the task more difficult, as would having the shrine's influence on just one side.

"Given your lack of experience, it would be best if were were to attempt to get on top of the shrine. The energy here is calm enough to make your attempt a bit easier than it would be elsewhere."

Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Gee-chan wrote:"You will need to learn how to feel the energy around you, to draw it in and read how it flows. This will be difficult; this world's energy is alive and chaotic and I have augmentations to aid me in this task. However, you are more familiar with such a world, so to you it will feel 'natural', rather than as constant noise."

She eyed the area around the little shrine and tested the local mana to the highly limited degree she could. The flow was oddly stable here, she thought, as the old energy inhabiting the shrine calmed the whirling flow of mana as it touched all the living things within the dome.
Still, being inside would make the task more difficult, as would having the shrine's influence on just one side.

"Given your lack of experience, it would be best if were were to attempt to get on top of the shrine. The energy here is calm enough to make your attempt a bit easier than it would be elsewhere."

On the roof? Well, you're the expert... Kiseki Henshin - Disgui Up! *Shiki transforms into Disgui and leaps up to the shrine's roof.* So, what exactly should I be feeling up here?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Ookalf wrote:On the roof? Well, you're the expert... Kiseki Henshin - Disgui Up! *Shiki transforms into Disgui and leaps up to the shrine's roof.* So, what exactly should I be feeling up here?

"You must open your body up to the energy around you. The body normally resists external mana unless it is lacking it, but you must force it to let it in. Then you must 'feel' the direction that pushes you the most, that 'tastes' alive. There is a strange mineral that gives off a large amount of power, but it will feel 'empty' and static."

Terra frowned as she spoke. This sort of feat was simple for her, but then she had always used magic in such a fashion, and she didn't draw her power from an external device. Hopefully, this didn't mean that Shiki's circuits had atrophied due to lack of innate power or hardened to cope with the extreme differences in flow based around when the amulet was active.
Assuming her nervous system even had developed circuits in the first place....

Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Hira Kanaki » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Kumi-chan wrote:
Hira Kanaki wrote:*Well this might be bad.* Keiko thought as she attempted to dodge the other monsters attack.

(Attempt to dodge how? I would not prefer this to be an auto hit. But if that's all there is to it, then it will be.)

Keiko thought for a quick second on how to avoid the next monster and then she reacted by jumping to the left, being careful of her positioning at the moment.
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby AshK » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Kumi-chan wrote:(That's me. I'm K. Pleasure is all yours, I'm sure. Just don't care about whatever the forum name is here.)

Hitomi nods. "If you are sure." She jumps down from the roof top in a nearby ally way, setting down the two passengers. "Either you take him from here, or we leave him here and call them over here." Seems she just rather not be seen by these people. She stepping back from where the people are, further back in the small ally. Waiting a moment making sure Solaris to be distracted, by the man. Before she holds onto the wall, groaning as she no longer holds back what she is feeling, the pains from her back and legs, nearly collapsing onto the ground. But still making sure that if Solaris sees her she looks to be just resting her head on the wall.

{*}{*}{*}Solaris{*}{*}{*}
The man is laid against the wall, with Solaris by the Mew girl. She stepping away to let Solaris make her choice. The man groans softly as he remains unconscious, looking well healed other wise. She close enough to carry him, herself. Or she could call to those people and return to the Mew.

Solaris silently nods in understanding at the Mew girl realizing she probably doesn't want to be seen at the moment. Thanks to the Mew Girl carrying her she seems to have recovered enough strength to carry the man to his kids, yet she hasn't recovered enough strength to fly. So she makes her way over to the man and gently puts him on her back. She then looks toward the Mew Girl and smiles a sincere smile. "Hey New Zakuro, thank you so much for your help. Make sure you get plenty of rest to recover your strength." Solaris then makes her way over to the group of people slowly as not to wake the man up and cause him pain. 'I hope those kids are alright.' Solaris thinks to herself as she makes her way over to the two young kids she left behind carrying their father on her back.

(Not sure when I will respond to your next update whenever that may be. Happy Holidays Kumi!)
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Ookalf » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Gee-chan wrote:"You must open your body up to the energy around you. The body normally resists external mana unless it is lacking it, but you must force it to let it in. Then you must 'feel' the direction that pushes you the most, that 'tastes' alive. There is a strange mineral that gives off a large amount of power, but it will feel 'empty' and static."

Terra frowned as she spoke. This sort of feat was simple for her, but then she had always used magic in such a fashion, and she didn't draw her power from an external device. Hopefully, this didn't mean that Shiki's circuits had atrophied due to lack of innate power or hardened to cope with the extreme differences in flow based around when the amulet was active.
Assuming her nervous system even had developed circuits in the first place....

Hai! *Disgui closes her eyes and stretches her arms out as she tries to feel for the mana, as Terra instructed. After a few minutes...* ...Uh, how long is this s'pposed to take? 'Cause, my arms are getting tired...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Ookalf wrote:Hai! *Disgui closes her eyes and stretches her arms out as she tries to feel for the mana, as Terra instructed. After a few minutes...* ...Uh, how long is this s'pposed to take? 'Cause, my arms are getting tired...

This confused Terra, as Shiki should have felt something immediately, just as one would immediately feel someone tapping you on the shoulder.
Scaling the shrine, her muscles aching at the strain in her weakened state, she joined Shiki on the roof.

"Hold still." she commanded as she lifted the back of Shiki's outfit to place her hand on her spine before carefully activating her own circuits in the minimal possible way, gritting her teeth at the stinging pain in her chest.

What she found was unexpected; rather than Shiki's circuits being damaged or in some way altered by the presence of the amulet she used, they were instead utterly undeveloped. There were exactly like the old samples of humans from the 'pre-arcane' era of her world, where magic was not yet in practice. What this meant, as far as Terra could tell, was that Shiki has no innate magical talent of her own; she had enough sensitivity to subconsciously detect truly powerful surges of energy, but in essence there were no circuits for her to sense with.

"Ok, you can relax. It seems your artefact is even more of a marvel than I thought. I had assumed it worked on you having even a small amount of latent power, but it seems you are utterly talentless in this regard. No matter how much as you try, it seems you will never be able to sense anything, at least, not in the same way I do. The arcane researchers of my world would call you an impossibility and were I not here, I would say the same. I am going to have to assume the same could be said of the other guardians; different worlds, vastly different magic."

She sighed.

"My only other idea is for us to simply wander around giving off as much magic as we can spare and hope to draw the attention of the others, but that plan is flawed in more ways than I would like to count."

Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Na-nani? *Disgui fidgets as Terra starts poking at her. She starts to protest against begin called "talentless", but drops it as Terra elaborates.* Oh... Maybe we should just start looking the old fashioned way? I mean, if this won't work and the other thing's such a bad idea...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Ookalf wrote:Na-nani? *Disgui fidgets as Terra starts poking at her. She starts to protest against begin called "talentless", but drops it as Terra elaborates.* Oh... Maybe we should just start looking the old fashioned way? I mean, if this won't work and the other thing's such a bad idea...

"Perhaps that would be best..." admitted Terra, "We may also need to find some sort of safe house. After all, the local authorities know out faces I have a woman mildly...enthralled who might serve for a day or two, but that would only draw attention."

As she climbed down from the roof, something in her pocket dug into her leg. Pulling it out, she found the pieces of paper the young technician had given her earlier, having folded into an awkward shape in her pocket. She had forgotten about them, but given her current lack of information or leads, it seemed as good an option as any. The contact details were obvious enough in their purpose, but there was something about the address on the second that caught her attention.

"R-27129 Loyalty Road?" she wondered, not entirely meaning to utter it out loud.

Obviously it was some location the youth wanted her to know about, but keep from others, given his hidden way of informing her of it. But why?

OOC: Yeah, I had completely forgotten about the notes.

Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:35 pm

*Disgui follows Terra back down, reverting to Shiki once she's on the ground.* Is that the note that worker gave you?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sasha » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:12 am

Natsuki blinks. " the heck is going on now. that is impossable to do that."
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying