A Dying World: Interest, discussion, and maybe signups?

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: A Dying World: Interest, discussion, and maybe signups?

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Name: Hannah Brady

Appearance: Hannah is rather short, standing just a couple of inches over five foot, with wide hips and a larger than average chest. She has thick red curls of hair that reaches just passed her shoulders when left loose. Her eyes are a deep green, and her skin pale and smooth.

Education/Experience: An animal lover since childhood, Hannah went into University to study Zoology, but she couldn't make the grade. Despite her love for the subject matter, she found she was simply not suited to the education system and it's examinations. Forced to drop out, she was determined not to abandon her dreams of a career that revolved around her passion.

Travelling to Africa, she found work as part of safari groups, which required her to use her knowledge of the animals, along with their habitats and ecosystems, combined with learning new skills in order to protect the rich tourists from the danger of the land.

As more and more species became extinct, the safari work started to dry up. Adapting, Hannah was forced to switch the focus of her work towards the armed guard side of things. Eventually she ended up working as part of a private company that provided bodyguards for hire to Politicians and powerful business leaders travelling to the less civilised nations of the world. It was from here, she was recruited for the mission.

Role: Mainly as armed protection, with her wildlife knowledge a key reason why she was chosen over others.

Personality: Considering her unusual journey to the field of armed protection, Hanna isn't as motivated by a particular like of combat, but more a necessity to use the skills she possesses to earn a living. Working in a male-dominated area, she's learned to toughen up emotionally, and in particular to let men know she's not going to be pushed around because of her gender.

At her core however, Hannah is still quite a sociable character, and remains driven by a curiosity to explore. Having seen so much of the world, she felt an expedition to an entirely different planet was too good to pass.

Important Character History: (Think I kinda covered it elsewhere. Let me know if more is required)

TF likes/dislikes: I enjoy almost any sort of AR. Any age is fine, and I'm happy to have mental tweaks, or no mental changes at all, but would prefer to avoid a complete mind wipe with loss of memories. I'm also okay with appearance being altered along with any reduction in age. The appeal is based around the character being smaller, weaker, less developed than she is used to, but also to those around her, and having to deal with that.
Last edited by Harri-chan on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Vomica » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:22 am

Miku: Xenobiology is strictly the study of the biological, biochemical, and anatomical (etc.) nature of non-terrestrial organisms. There is no issue with your character being the sort of research who models theoretical societies that may or may not exist on the planet. My only gripe here is that his title would be, and I'm encouraging you to come up with something more detailed, like 'xeno-anthropoligist' or 'Theoretical Sociologist'

Evra: The experiment utilizes a piece of equipment that is worth more than the total annual GDP of several larger nations. They would not be sending an untested recruit, who has a sub-par track record, on a mission as critical as this. Think of it as NASA selecting people to go a space shuttle... they won't take a fresh recruit randomly. Your character needs some rational reason for qualifying for the mission. Be it a decorated career, having the right connections, or something of that nature.

Everyone else: Looks fine to me!
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:22 am

Your right V, my source for the definition was too encompassing. Conner is a Xenoanthropologist with xenoarcheology abilities as well f we don't get one...=)
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Okay, so here's a question for you. With the technological Pax Romana going around, and with the MegaCorp running things, how is the state of the military? I ask, because I have an idea for a chemist/combat engineer.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:58 am

V sent me secret transmissions straight to my brain! Or maybe it was IRC. It's hard to tell nowadays.

Name: Master Sergeant Will Kofsky

Appearance: 6 foot even, shaved head with a red goatee. Athletic build, just short of musclebound. He tends to wear jeans or fatigues along with earthy colored sleeveless shirts. Still wears combat boots almost everywhere. He's missing the index finger on his left hand.

Education/Experience: High School, various military training courses, Bachelors in Inorganic Chemistry

Role:Chemical analysis, combat engineer (demolitions)

Personality: Will always enjoyed taking things apart. Granted, he was pretty good at putting them back together too. He still is. He has never gotten over the childhood glee from seeing a bridge go up or a wall come down. His attitude towards his work sometimes comes across as immature, but he has always been serious in his personal life.

Important Character History: Despite spending plenty of time as a military grunt, Will prefers to avoid fights when able. Through his tours of duty, he showed enough leadership potential to gain commission twice. He declined both times. As such, he was given an honorable discharge 4 years ago. Will excelled in college, taking his experience as a demolitions and engineering expert with him to graduate cumma sum laude. He intended to continue on to a Masters and eventually do forensics and ballistics research when he was approached with this current opportunity.

TF likes/dislikes: I prefer the "girl next door" aesthetic: pretty, but not super busty or anything. No inanimate or complete mind wipes please.
Last edited by muffinstud on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Vomica » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Sorry all! RL has claimed me for the last few weeks (As some are more aware then others I'm sure). Muffin, the character is approved. And I'm really going to try to get this started soon.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Gee-chan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 am

Hello. I've been away from MSF for...umm....a long time, and the effect of having no RPs is showing on my motivation and ability to write. Anyway, this caught my eye so I thought I'd give it a go.

Name: 'Dr' Charles Green

Appearance: Charles has a light build and stands just tall of 6'. Hair is dark brown and shoulder length. Eyes are dark green and face would be soft were it not for the scars he claims are from an accident when he was young (in truth the scars come from fights and beatings)

Education/Experience: No official education, but has the (illegal) resources and talent to gather enough information to seem educated. Grew up in a very rough area so knows his way around a knife and improvised hand-to-hand combat if need be.

Role: Charles has fabricated the role of Environmental Analyst for himself. Putting aside his actual objectives for the moment, his role is to study the differences in environments between worlds, what impact this has on people and native life-forms and effects interdimensional travel has on the immediate surroundings.

Personality: Charles is cynical and analytical through nessecity. Because he has to monitor his every word to ensure his deception is not uncovered, he tends to come off as aloof and unsympathetic. Beneath this facade, Charles has a real curious streak and while he had little choice in the matter, he could not be happier than to work on an entirely unknown field of science. Unfortunately, he tends to have to curb this and his frequently active imagination for his own safety.

Important Character History: While Saulic Labs may be the most powerful group on the planet, they are far from the only one, and many would kill for the chance to get hold of some of Saulic's data for their own use. This is where Charles comes in. Owned by one of the more ruthless 'rival' companies, Charles has spent years creating a false identity for the purpose of infiltrating Saulic, and so far it has worked. Upon digging up information about the teleport project, Charles was immediately tasked upon obtaining it for his 'sponsors'.
Unlike most others is Saulic, Charles does not actually have any official qualificiations (when asked, he produces a selection of false information hacked from and into the various applicable databases). He does however have the uncanny knack for picking up information very quickly. Had he grown up in different circumstances, Charles could have been very successful, but unfortunately for him, growing up in a community owned by corporate mafia to parents who were paid half in drugs to keep them locked in was not conducive to getting a head-start in life.

TF likes/dislikes: Only things I would really object to are major mental changes or futa (I would hope that wouldn't come up, but I've seen it pop up everywhere far too often recently....)

So yeah, I just thought of this in a few mins, even though I am rusty as heck. Hope you like it.

Now, I'm going to go off and hope that the dimension jumping isn't like 40K Warp Travel or that the name doesn't mean this is going to turn into Angel Notes (in which case we are all buggered).....
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Vomica » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:49 am

Okay Gee-chan. Approved. And you picked up some implications of the settings quite intuitively. The damn of the RP is relevant to the settings, but in a different way! Your character is added to my notes.

Alright all. I think I'm ready to get started on this. For real this time.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Evra » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:22 am

Dunno if its to late but ..

Name: Jason Smith
Appearance: Stands roughly 5'8 in height! he wears his average length dark brown hair down usually behind his ears to stop it from getting in his eyes, his normal uniform is his basic military combat pants and his undershirt/ jacket followed by the standard issue vest covering his torso, his headgear consist of a headset and a regular military cap being a more light soldier then a heavy duty gunner, his skin is suprisingly pale despite being in the military and his eyes are a faded gray color. Despite his regular issue military gear weapons ammo etc etc. you would also notice that one of his pockets always seems to have the familiar bulge of a paperback book.

Education/Experience: basic/advanced training~ technilogical/ engineering college degreees

Role: Support/Security

Personality: Shy, he is quiet but will speak when needed or if he thinks something needs to be said. Very analytic and a heavy reader he enjoys to read in his spare time on and off missions. he's friendly with most people since he tries to not get on others bad sides

Important Character History: At the beggining of his life in school he wasnt exactly a good student.. didn't do much at all but then around the time he went to middle school there school had a program where different specializations of military personnel gave small speeches and presentations on what there job was in the military. When one of them came up and explained his role as an techie/ engineer and needing a higher education then just basic highschool this inspired him to do better. After that program his grades improved drastically quickly becoming ab honoroll through middle and by highschool he graduated just under first in his class. having taken robotics afterschool activities and other computer/ technology classes in highschool he immediatley chose to go to one of the better colleges for technilogical studies and robotics engineering learning to maintain everything from cars to computers as well as a couple of other tricks at about the age of 23 when he finnaly joined the army and got through training his career quickly took root and grew from there with his mission failure rate nearly non existant compared to the other men in his line of the army his name came up at the top for the selection for this mission.

TF likes/dislikes:
Likes~ Tg , ar ( no younger than 13 ), animal girls (nekos etc etc.) , maid/servant style tf's
Dislikes~ Full inanimate, Full animal girl ( anthro ) , AP AR ( past 12 and below )
Maybes~ Monster girls

hope this edit works?
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 pm

>BUMPAGE!!!<...^_^
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Previous

Return to Roleplaying