A Dying World: Interest, discussion, and maybe signups?

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: A Dying World: Interest, discussion, and maybe signups?

Postby Millinescence » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:39 am

Oh cool! I haven't been in a sci-fi RP in ages. Count me in :D
Seems the more questions that are answered, the more interesting this thing gets. I'm especially intrigued by the fact that GURPS is being used (even if only from a bookkeeping standpoint), because it's the same system from the first two Fallout games before they started using SPECIAL. ^_^
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Alllright. I think I got all I need to know. I await a sign up form with eagerness!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Vomica » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Millinescence: Yeah. As I said, I was originally going to do this as a tabletop game. But, oh well. Free form forum RPs are fun too! And the Elder Scrolls universe? That was originally a home brewed AD&D setting from what I read.

Anyone have any more questions? Specifics? Regarding anything? Certain technology, the state of certain countries, or any OOC knowledge you wish to have? Ask now, I'll be posting character guide lines this weekend.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm guessing from the silence, we are all ready to go, V!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Vomica » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks, Dact.

Belatedly!

Name: What's your name?
Age: Did you know there are now people who can now vote, and were not alive, when Lion King came out?
Appearance:
Education/Experience: Highest education level? Work experience? Training?
Role: Your job on the mission
Personality:
Important Character History:
TF likes/dislikes: Anything you hate or love?

I'm sure I missed stuff, or left something out, but I'm sure this steers you in the right direction! Freedom for character creation is... anything within reason. The thread, PMs, or IRC are all good for asking questions if you have any specifics.
Last edited by Vomica on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Bows this work for you V...:)

Name: Conner Two Eagles
Age: 30 ( dont scare me like that V, I'm old enough to be their grandparent...)
Appearance: At 5 ft 11 inches tall, he wars his dark black hair at about 2 to 3 inches long and styled for easy maintenance. Prefers to wear polo collared shirts in dark greys, olive greens or black with chinos or docker style slacks. Typical native American skin tone with brown eyes and a trim weight of 195 pounds. Has a classic v wedge build...
Education/Experience: PhD's in human social psychology and social histories, minors in music and philosophy...Work experience: 6 years work in the research department at Colorado state university ; 2 years work at Boulder social studies  research foundation, 10 social sciences papers on human social structures thru out recorded history...
Role: Xenoanthropologist and social society researcher
Personality: Focused but social, though a bit reserved; tends to put social sciences ahead of personal friendships.
Important Character History:a man of social science, having long ago left the Native American stigmas behind in order to gain a better understanding of humanity and it's social society growth, two eagles has a strong love of anything to do with social history. Has been awarded the UN letter of knowledge twice and he also has been the recipient of the Smithsonian archeology society grant several times as well for his work in the social science of mankind
TF likes/dislikes: almost anything but AR to infant state, and severe mental regression or loss.( memory locks or blocks are ok, but uber bimbo is a no go for me) other wise feel free to try anything...;)
Last edited by Miku-chan on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:03 pm

Okay, time to make a character! HERE I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Name: Dr. Damien Sanders
Education/Experience: Studied at Harvard in medical sciences and graduated with full honors. Worked in various hospitals both as a physician and as a surgeon. Holds a Ph.D in medicine as evidenced by his title
Role: Team doctor
Personality: Damien is quite a warm individual who understands the idea of morale being just as important as good physical help. When dealing with patients, he tries to cheer them up as well as treat them, an approach he uses in everything. "A smile only flexes a few muscles, but can brighten someone's whole day" is his personal motto.
Appearance: Damien has short sandy blond hair and wears a pair of silver-rimmed glasses. His eyes are blue and has an angular face, His body is rather slender and even somewhat feminine and his white doctor's coat is near-omnipresent. His other clothes tend to be rather scruffy though
Important History: Damien is an orphan whose parents died of a curable disease. When he was old enough to learn the truth, he studied hard, shunning most everything else and got a scholarship that allowed him to go to such a prestigious place of higher learning. He vowed that he would never let anyone die of something curable if he could help it.
TF likes/dislikes: As long as there are no disproportionate body sizes ore massive mental changes to the degree that he forgets who he was, I'm good.
Last edited by Blaze on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Millinescence » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:28 am

Oh Goddess...y'all are waiting on me, aren't ya? x.x
*shakes fist at RL*
Anyway, here's my character sheet. You forgot Appearances but...*shrug*

Name: Natalia Chekovski
Appearance: Natalia is a woman who stands at 5'6" tall. Her dark, wavy hair is styled in a ponytail that goes down to mid-back, with curled bangs on the front that sit just above her blue eyes. She has a slender build, slight hips, and a C-cup bust. Her voice is soft and soothing, though the hint of a Russian accent still lingers. She wears a grey v-neck top underneath a long white labcoat, along with a knee-lenth black pleated skirt, pantyhose, and black boots with a 2inch heel.
Education/Experience: Studied a total of eight years at both the University of California, and the Lomonsov Moscow State University. Has a Phd in linguistics. Passed with progressing average of 3.8/4.0. Work Experience: Russian/English interpreter, translator of Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Role: Alien language researcher/decoder.
Personality: Kind, sociable, hard-working, and loves what she does. Always trying to do the best she can.
Important Character History: Born and raised in Russia, she moved to America to study abroad. She eventually became naturalized as an American citizen.
TF likes/dislikes: Don't be afraid to go nuts with my character :D. I like monster-girls and bizarre changes (multi-limb, BE, etc.).
All I ask is no inanimate or FtM.
Last edited by Millinescence on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Name: Lieutenant Buzz Hawkins.
Education/Experience: Graduated with full honors from the Farpoint Military Academy. After that he had a long and stellar military career.
Role: Security and heavy lifting.
Personality: Egotistical, rough, and quick to anger.
Important Character History: His role in the North Korean conflict earned him a chest full of medals and the adoration of the public. From that point on, his deployments always seemed 'beneath him'. No major conflicts happening since. But still the media latched onto his exploits. The military using him as a figurehead to keep up morale and public support. He finally retired, well past the normal age for retirement. But not long after, what would be a huge scandal surrounding him was hushed up by some old friends in the military. The price of doing so was to 'saddle' him for one more mission.
TF likes/dislikes: Likes: busty, sexy, cute women and monster girls. Dislikes: young child ARs, full inanimates.

Edit: Appearance: Lieutenant Hawkins has a bald, shaved head. A vertical scar down the left side of his face, an old shrapnel would. The scar intersects his eye socket, which has a prosthetic eye. His other eye is blue. The prosthetic is a military model, dull gray with the pupil a metal iris around a black lens. He is average height... good health. Slim but still muscular, he is in excellent condition for his age.
Last edited by Knight Errant on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:33 pm

I, a noobish noob, ask if I may sign up for this.
Dr.Feelgood
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Vomica » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Miku: It looks great to me, save for I think it might be possible we have different definitions of what 'Xenobiology'. It'd seem you'd be more of an anthropologist style instead of a biologist. Yes? Or am I missing something?

Blaze: Looks excellent to me.

Milli: No problems here! (Herp. Forgot appearance. That's what happens when I am running out the door to get to work when I type something up)

Dact: It works nicely~

Due to my derping, I forgot 'Appearance' on the list. If you four could add that... ...and I'll be editing it into the original template.

Feelgood. If you're up for it... of course!
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Yeah, that's right V...Conner Two Eagles is a social anthropologist, not a biologist, so his Xenobiology background works from the social Side and not the biology side. Although he does have the background to do some basic biology work if push comes to shove...=)
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Evra » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Name: Jason Smith
Appearance: Somewhat short only standing at the amazingly tall height of 5'5! he wears his average length dark brown hair down usually behind his ears to stop it from getting in his eyes, his normal uniform is his basic military combat pants and his undershirt/ jacket followed by the standard issue vest covering his torso, his headgear consist of a headset and a regular military cap being a more light soldier then a heavy duty gunner, his skin is suprisingly pale despite being in the military and his eyes a re a faded gray color. Despite his regular issue military gear weapons ammo etc etc. you would also notice that one of his pockets always seems to have the familiar bulge of a paperback book.

Education/Experience: Highschool , basic military grunt training~ some technilogical/ engineering experience

Role: Support/Security

Personality: Sort of reclusive and shy only speaking when spoken to, this sometimes interferes due to him having ideas but to shy to speak up and tell his allies the ideas. Aside from this he's a hard worker and will not disobey an order unless theres a VERY good reason to.

Important Character History: He was one of those smart kids who never truely put his mind into his schooling and wound up passing highschool with above average grades, deffinatley not something those prestigious colleges are looking for. But when he decided to want a college education he looked to the one place who could possibly get him the education he truely desires! the army!. After signing up and being trained as a more support oriented soldier he was picked to be sent on this mission on the promise if it was a sucess then he could go to any college he wished fully paid for.

TF likes/dislikes:
Likes~ Tg , ar ( no younger than 13 ), animal girls (nekos etc etc.) , maid/servant style tf's
Dislikes~ Full inanimate, Full animal girl ( anthro ) , AP AR ( past 12 and below )
Maybes~ Monster girls

( hope this character is good enough? )
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Name: Dr. Andre Larsa

Appearance: The first thing people usually notice about Andre is his shape. He has a very 'tall and thin' thing going for him, not to the point where he looks unhealthy, but still pretty skinny. He stands about 6'3. He has piecing blue eyes, obscured by a pair of glasses, and keeps his hair short and face shaved.

Education/Experience: Has a PHD in Astrophysics, as well as several similar scientific disciples appropriate to the genre.

Role: Not sure...perhaps a consulting scientist? If you have any thoughts, please comment.

Personality: People who meet Dr. Larsa have different reactions, but must describe him with a combination of the following words: Arrogant, blunt, and socially awkward. The phrase 'jerk' and less flattering descriptions come up too. The fact of the matter is, for all of Andre's brilliance, none of it has aided him in learning how to interact with people. He also is a bit of a germaphobe.

Important Character History: Born in Cardiff, Wales, Andre is considered a bit of a genius. Of course, like many great minds of history, he's just a bit odd. He has several degrees, one or two of them he gained before he was eighteen, and is hoping that this...whatever it is...will boost his acclaim further.

TF likes/dislikes: I don't like AR's younger than 13. I also do not enjoy memory rewrites of intelligence drops, or inanimate transformation or major weight gain. I am also not terribly fond of growing fur, specifically.

Other than that, I'm game for anything. I would enjoy it if Andre was blitzed by new, much stronger emotions or urges, to remove the illusion of control he has.

I also like TG. Just thought I'd mention that.
Dr.Feelgood
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Just some lady » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Name: Roy Smith
Appearance: 'Neat' is perhaps the best word to describe Roy. His haircut is regulation, his glasses clean, his shoes polished. He stands about 5'8", and has light, medium-short brown hair, and maintains a trim figure, though he doesn't appear particular athletic to look at him.
Education/Experience: Roy is something of a prodigy when it comes to machines, as evidenced by his young age, but he remains inexperienced.
Role: Tech Expert
Personality: Roy is inquisitive and generally sociable, quick to turn to others for advice, though he has a tendency sometimes to get overexcited, running off on his own.
Important Character History: Put on a fast track from a young age, Roy quickly moved beyond conventional schooling, eventually being recruited for a government think tank at the age of 19, where he's worked up until now.
TF likes/dislikes: Come what may
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying