Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

Postby Blaze » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm

The smoke carries a sweet heady scent to it that addles Georgia's mind. It makes any bare skin tingle strangely. As she reaches out to try and stop the woman, she slips past her outstretched hand and gets away!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Off-balance from her failed attempt to grab the other woman, Georgia lost her footing and fell, landing on her chest with a groan. Holding one hand over her mouth, she wrinkled her nose as her face began to tingle, but her skin was mostly covered by the costume. Trying to stay low to the ground, she began crawling along, although unable to see because of the smoke, she had no idea if she was heading back towards the exit or not.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:59 am

Eventually, Georgia escapes the pink cloud which begins to disperse. She can hear gunshots from the entrance, and the mad cackling of the costumed woman.

"I am the Hellchemist! My reign of terror is only beginning!" she yells, her voice fading away. Georgia can hear the police entering the building, first checking on the unconscious civilians.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:41 am

Disorientated and a little light-headed from the strong, sweet scent of the smoke, Georgia found herself on her hands and knees outside the vault when it finally cleared. The sound of the woman's laughter drifted through to her, and she let out a groan. It got worse as she heard the cops arrive, knowing they'd likely take great pleasure in pointing out her failure. Climbing to her feet, she rubs at her face, and looks around for some kind of fire exit signs, a staff exit, even a bathroom, anything she could use to avoid the police.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Sadly, the vault room has no such thing, most likely for security reasons. Several police officers burst into the room, guns pointing everywhere! Upon seeing the room's only occupant was Georgia, they lowered their guns somewhat. It was a known fact that while the police tolerated metahuman heroes, they considered heroes without superpowers to be little more than vigilantes who wanted attention.

"Guess she was too much for ya, huh Rodent?" one officer asks, a smirk on his face.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Georgia cursed under her breath as she found herself trapped, her long braid swishing as she turned to face the police that had burst in. She was used to their mockery, and after wiping her hand across her face, she tried to clear her head and met the gaze of the one that had spoken. "Hardly... I let her get away, and now she'll lead me to her headquarters. She's going down for far more than just armed robbery... ", she muttered, and started walking towards them, intending to go passed. "Took you guys long enough to show up... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:38 pm

"Oh yeah? How's that, you gonna follow her on foot? She flew out of here on a broom! You'll never catch her." the smart-mouthed cop says. The others let Georgia past, rushing to preserve forensic evidence in the vault.

Back in the lobby, Georgia can see the police rousing the civilians, who all seem to be suffering from headaches. They mostly ignore Georiga, but most laugh at her for being totally ineffectual.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Twisting around, she faced the cop again with a slight smirk of her own, tapping the side of her head. "Some of us don't need to go chasing after the criminals, we figure it out in here". Without waiting for a reply, she headed back out into the lobby, refusing to look at any of the sniggering cops as she strode out of the building. Letting out a sigh, she glanced up at the sky, and then trudged away from the bank, her shoulders slumped in disappointment.

"Hellchemist, huh... ", she murmured. Starting to head back in the vague direction of Amanda's neighbourhood, she pulled her cell phone from her belt. Picking Amanda's apartment phone from the contact list, she hit call and lifted it to her ear.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:57 pm

As Georgia walks through the streets, her skin starts to tingle a bit more. Her tight outfit becomes a bit looser on her, but nothing really noticeable at the moment. After three rings, Suzie picks up!

"Hi Auntie Georgia!" she says happily.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Georgia wrinkled her nose, rubbing her fingers across her tingling face, not noticing the loosening of her outfit as she walked. "Hey, sweetie... ", she said through a smile as she heard the teenager's voice. "I hope you're behaving while your Mom is at work", she laughed. "I was wondering if you could do me a huge favour. You know how terrible I am with computers, right? Do you think you could look something up on the internet for me? I need to find out anything I can about a woman in the city calling herself the Hellchemist".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:26 pm

"Hellchemist... that rings a bell... AH! I remember!"

Georgia can hear Suzie running and then the sound of a keyboard being typed at.

"There was this huge buzz on the internet about this new webpage that only said "Hellchemist is coming." Everyone thought a new ARG was about to start! I've been looking forwa..."

Suzie goes quiet and starts talking in a more subdued voice.

"Ah... now it says, "Hellchemist is here." And there's a picture of a woman lying on a bed of banknotes. Auntie Georgia, did you know something about this?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Georgia adored Suzie, but talking with the girl didn't have make her feel old and out of date. "ARG? Wait, never mind... uh, not really, Sweetie. You know how I love those detective shows, I was just trying to... see if I could figure out her identity after hearing she robbed the bank. It doesn't sound as if the internet is going to be much help on this one", she said with a slight sigh. "If you hear anything else, give me a call, okay, sweetie? Love you, see you soon", she said before ending the call.

The cops had been right. The Hellchemist had been too much for her, and now she didn't even have a clue where to start looking.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Suzie giggled over the phone.

"From what I heard, she's a meta! Best leave it to the heroes and the police Auntie Georgia. Bye!"

As Georgia pondered what to do next, a wave of dizziness shoots through her! Her stomach ties itself in a knot as a wave of nausea follows
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Placing her phone back onto her belt, Suzie's words stung a little. Although her intentions had been good, she'd said the same as all the cops did. Georgia didn't get much time to dwell however as she felt her stomach twist, and a wave of dizziness overwhelm her as she bent forward and clutched her tummy. She was always so careful with her timing, that she left it long enough after eating, to avoid cramping, so this took her by surprise and had her confused. Letting out a groan, she leaned back into a fence that surrounded somebody's back yard, and took several deep breaths while hugging herself.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:40 pm

The dizziness and nausea pass after a few minutes or so, leaving Georgia feeling clammy and feverish. However, her suit seems to have become even looser once more, leaving it noticeably baggy on her form.

Suddenly, her cellphone goes off once more!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying