Black Sun 2 Sign Up/Interest

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Black Sun 2 Sign Up/Interest

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted...

Name: Cor' D Exos...(unit 4dxs)
Physical Description: a seemingly androgynous youth, has shoulder length dark green hair, thin shoulders and limbs, a slightly elfin face and steel grey eyes. Clothing is a Kevlar polymer synthetic that looks like denim cotton jeans and long sleeve shirt. ( it is durable enough to deflect small arm fire and flames for a short period)

Backstory: Built in the astroid research complex of C'lav Thuu, ( a astroid field in the Hix Nor Glav system), Cor' is a humanoid replicant who was originally designed for low gravity astroid sampling, a job that is usually dangerous for most humans due to the low gravity of smaller astroids and the radiation some produce. A small glitch in it AI programming soon left it with an evolving program that left it unusable for that kind of work and was about to be put into long term storage when a request came from the military for a AI that could be tested against the new threat of the aliens and their psyonic abilities. Cor' possesses a small laser drill and plasma torch as part of it's sampling structure, though they are currently offline for transport. 

Possision: As a piece of government property, Cor'  is a utilitarian entity. Piloting of small pods and short run 4 crew shuttles is part of it's programming, mine design and safty, minerology, gemology and precious metals refinability comes as part of its core programming. It also has basic hand to hand fighting, staff and pole arm techniques and tactical analysis have been encoded into it's memory systems by the government. As part of it's mission, Cor' is also programmed with social interaction software, but weather it will be useful in it new environment will depend on if the program can be adapted to work thru Cor' D Exos' ...quirk... 
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Right, everyone's sign up is approved bar one. Miku your character dosent match the criteria I am looking for. The characters will be employees trying to get a very expensive station back to work. Its not a place they would throw a twitchy mining robot that looks like its 16 for some reason. Try again.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:16 am

I have been lured from my lurk-cave. Let's see what you got. 8)

Name: Paula Dackers
Physical Description: Short red hair, tied back to prevent vision obstruction. A stern, freckled face. About 6'1", strong athletic build. Heavy military-issue armor with a white/black color scheme.

Backstory: (A lot of it was already covered by Harri)
A decorated soldier, Paula was one of the people on the original mission in the abandoned colony. It's something she prefers not to discuss. She's reputed to have survived three suicide missions, one by herself, and in the others, she managed to get her squad out with minimal-to-no casualties.

Why she agreed to be hired onto this mission as well, outside her superior's "jurisdiction", is anybody's guess.

She's experienced with many forms of military combat, from hand-to-hand to melee to small arms to artillery. She prefers her trusty assault rifle to anything, citing that she's "never had to re-sight her once". She isn't too happy she had to leave it behind for this mission, though.

Position:
Soldier
Commander
Instructor

Hey, if you can get away with parallels to Aliens and Star Wars, I can get away with parallels to Mass Effect. :P
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zilla » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Name: Caroline Madison
Physical Description: Tall brunette with thick glasses and hair to her mid-back. She's thin and wiry, and has a methodical grace to her motions. She is a bit on the casual side, not one for strict postures or keeping her uniform pristine.
Backstory: Caroline grew up in the shadow of an older brother who was very gifted with athletic accomplishment. Her parents lauded her brother, Micheal, for his ability, and tended to put Caroline by the wayside since she didn't compare to her brother's achievements. This discouraged her from sports, and she sought refuge in interactive fiction and holographic novels. She liked writing and creating things in her teens. She immersed herself in online communities and joined scientific study rings, which led her to pursue academics. Finally, her parents took notice of her ability, but it had been far along in her life and she felt estranged by their sudden support. She sought to get away from the family that had ignored her for so long and had just now begun to see her inner light. So she set out for advanced schooling in modern technology on a distant gas-giant's moon.

Her record at school was above-average, and she took a keen interest in energy and electronic wiring. She was soon hired by Yuma Flats Energy Consortium as a maintenance technician, though she was often called on for additional duties as a theoretical energy researcher. She often oversaw their more ambitious projects, which led her to Artemis Station.
Position: Database technician, operator, and scientific understudy.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Ok... Let's forget the Ai idea and use the Cyborg idea then...

Name: Spiro Quinn
Physical Description: 6 ft 3 inches tall. 275 pounds, dark brown hair with some grey streaks in it. Has an scar vertically thru the left orbital eye socket, and his eye looks more mechanical and glassy then his right one. His left arm is a mesh if steel looking cables and poly synthetic skin from the elbow down to his hand and both his left leg from the the thigh down and his right ankle are cybernetic...( though the right foot is somewhat newer) a black leather ball cap, bomber style jacket, grey denim jeans and white t-shirts are standard fair, though his oversized left boot is more than worn from use...

Backstory...at 16 Spiro started working as a tunnel runner and started work for the mining and colonization firm of DuNoix,  a somewhat less then ethical company known for their willingness to have workers  situated in less than safe environments. Three planetary missions and several body parts later, Spiro went freelance as a demolisions expert.  Several years of this left a telling mark as he had more cybernetic body parts added or upgraded as time went on. Now past the safe travel standards, Spiro works under corporate contracts to bring "problem" Colonies back to standard operating procedure. It is said he works with a iron fist and not refering to  his cybernetic enhancements. A harsh man to be sure...

Position: Law enforcement,( or corporate laws) as a contracted company cop, he has log plenty of hours in various shuttle craft, military cruisers and armed battle pods and exo suits. His demolitions experience and cyber upgrades make him uncannily deft at field demo and emergency deactivation systems. A team player...as long as the team follow his rules...
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:56 pm

*bump*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 pm

I've been waiting for N8, who said he was interested. But it seems RL is kind of dominating him...

I suppose I could start it without him.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zilla » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 pm

New characters approved?
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Vomica » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Name: Adam Jippings

Physical Description: Adam is your typical man in your post super luminal travel world. He is a prime example of physical fitness, ambition, and curiosity. His hair is cut very short -- he shaves it regular in fact. His face is broad, but tappers off into a narrow jaw. He stands at 5'11" (Likely below average for a male of this era, but still.) Because of his fitness he weighs about 160, but most of that is in muscle. Adam typically wears more bright colors and stylish, as to draw attention to himself. Beyond that he is free of blemishes and scars -- having even the most minor taken care of by regenerative procedures.

Backstory: Adam's family goes back generations -- his forefather had invested in the technology, information, and energy sectors... thus when society expanded into space... so did his wallet. Thus his family is rich, filthy rich... over the generations that has trickled from a flood of biblical proportions to that of a babbling brook. Still, Adam's parents were able to pay his way through the academy nicely. It took a year longer then expected, but Adam finally graduated with a degree in xeno-biologogy

When it comes to personality, Adam is very gung-ho. He is an explorer at heart, seeking out new wonders and discoveries. The man is far from timid or cautious -- easily crossing the line to foolhardy. As a recent graduate, it is odd for him to be on the expedition... but in truth his family pulled strings through their connections. Thus, here he is!

Position: Position? Adam is the resident expert on all things of xeno-biology. But at the same time, his field dabbles over to areas of alien culture, tech, and psychology. Mind you, there might be many different kind of aliens, and his information might be off, and he might not have tried his hardest in his studies... ...but still he has a degree in the topic! That counts for something! In terms of combat experience, he trained in his planetary militia as a youth... having passing abilities with firearms, as a pilot (Able to take off at least, and keep simpler crafts going in a straight line), as well as participating in plenty of bar brawls.

(Hey. Look. I actually did a bio as promised. Umm. Is this good? If any changes are needed... or additions. You know what to do and how to find me.)
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Zilla- APPROVED

VOMICA- APPROVED!

The RP will start... meh. Within the next few days.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm

By 'next few days' obviously I meant five months! Yeah!

>_>

<_<

Sorry... anyway... ROLE CALL! Anyone who was/Is interested speak up please. If you want to go on with the sign up you made thats dandy, if you want to make a new one thats also wonderful! If you never saw this thread before and suddenly gain an interest... come on in!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Miku-chan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 pm

>PING<... Oh wow, like is it finally time to get my cyborg approved and play as well...;)
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Lazy sensei.... =__= ;

sure, Im in
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."