Black Sun 2 Sign Up/Interest

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Black Sun 2 Sign Up/Interest

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Original Thread.

For those who do not know, Black Sun was a sci-fi movie-eque RP where an alien race had taken control of a settlement on the edge of human space. Black Sun 2 will take place on Artemis Station, a deep space asteroid mining facility, where events similar to the first are being reported. The players will either be members of Yuma Flats Energy Consortium's First Response team, or consultants hired on by Yuma. Their given job... return the facility to production and keep the valuable minerals in the asteroids flowing!

Characters of the first RP will be the 'consultants' hired on by the corporation. Yuma Flats were contracted by the military after the events of the first will researching these alien beings... and as such were the ones to treat/experiment on all of the infected individuals that escaped. As to the results I'll leave to the player. If you wanted to be 'cured' thats golden. Half infected... fully... locked in a bunker somewhere as you cant stop hearing the seductive voices of 'the collective', up to you!

Once again I am accepting all players, new and old, to join me as I try to hammer out a decent RP set in the glittering reaches of space located between my ears!

But beware... in that place there be dragons.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Black Sun 2 Sign Up/Interest

Postby Kether » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:11 am

Interest
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 am

Definitely interested in bringing back Claudia :)
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:13 am

Right! Well interest being interested, let me present to you Ye Olde Sign Up Form! This will be for new characters, returning old ones will probably need more detail.

Name:
Physical Description:
Backstory: Where are you from and why! Note that many worlds have been colonized by this point, so if you feel creative feel free to make up your own. You will get a cookie.
Position: As a troubleshooter, quite a few positions would be open. From pilot, mechanic, hacker, demolitions, soldier, recon... this being a corporate army you would see a mesh of civilian and military positions. Everyone is required to have some degree of basic combat experience, be that pistols, assault rifles, or hand to hand or melee weapons training.

A note on technology.

It isnt Star Wars or Star Trek level, think more 'Alien' or 'Firefly.' So no militarized lasers unless you have a really good reason to be using experimental technology. No beam swords either. If you really want a futuristic space sword, talk to me... we can iron one out. But projectiles for the most part.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:16 am

If you're fighting in a habitat where you can break "air" guns might not be the smartest move..
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:20 am

Good point... you beat me to the part where the representative of the station told them they couldnt fire their guns!

But there are ways around this... today we have MagSafes that wont go through a plaster wall but will rip the innards of a man to hash. I think several centuries of ballistic technology would provide solution to firing weapons in a sealed environment.

Just likely no assault rifles or other high caliber weapons would be 'allowed'. If the characters brought them anyway, well... explosive decompression can be fun.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:25 am

I've found in the past its given a good justification for "Duelists"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:34 am

Likely you will be limited to pistols or assault rifles with safety rounds, melee weapons, and antipersonnel weapons like stun guns and tazers... or the futuristic equivalent.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:41 am

Very much interested ^^
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:04 am

Name:Joseph Nakya
Physical Description:Joseph is an extremely tall and thin man, his skin tone shows his Indian ancestry, his height and built show generations of living on a low gravity world. His eyes are dichromatic one bright blue the other blood red. He has a slight goatee and wears his long black hair in dreadlock braids. He generally wears dark clothes and always wears gloves.
Backstory: Joseph was born and raised on Amaravati, a colony world settled mostly by an odd off shoot of Hindu philosophy Applying scientific rigour to traditonal practices Amaravati eventually became one of the leading planets in research on psychic phenomena. Eventually with a mix of eugenics practices and active genetic engineering, the colony developed a sizeable minority of potent psychics. Joseph developed his powers at a young age and was taken away from his parents for experimentation and training. This caused him to develop as a detached loner and when he turned 18 he snuck himself off world and has sold his considerable skills to the highest bidder ever since. He has picked up a taste for the finer things in life along with addictions to some of the more expensive and illegal synthetic drugs, pushing him onward into more and more dangerous(and thus profitable) endevours.
Position:He's one of the more gifted psychics on record a strong Telepath, with some skills at Psychometry(thus the gloves) and Remote Viewing.
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 am

Definitely interested, give me a bit to work up a proper character today
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 am

Name: Genis Ashnabold
Physical Description: Genis is a demolitions expert and as such has a few burn marks around his arms and some on his face and chest. He usually wears a flackjacket over a firesuit with is full on belts and pockets with some items, but he wears a backpack where he keeps most of his demolitions items. He wears no helmet but does keep around a very fancy and hi-tech set of goggles. Genis is a man of an average built and dark skin. He is also very bald, his facial hair being just his eyebrows (with some missing parts) and a handlebar mustashe.

Backstory: Genis comes from the minning world of Teafort 3. A very large world with not many oceans and almost 60% of the world consists of very harsh terrain in the form of mountains. However this makes it a great resource planet with many many riches for the worlds it does business with. Much of the children here often work in the mountains and mines as actually being a miner is slowly becoming more profitable than being say a doctor. There's so much mountains to mine, its not rare for being from people other worlds to come in and share in the riches to be found. Genis since a small lad of 15 where poeple are able to qualify for mining worked close with his dad in minning mountains such as Terra 56 and Dastilo 2 which proved to be hard nuts to crack. It was in this were Genis learned the proper ways to blow the stupid rocks out of the way.

Position: Demolitions, but he also knows a fair bit about being a mechanic as he has to know about how stuff works in order to blow it up. ;D
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Evra » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Name: Smith, Chris
Physical Description: Average height at 5'7 as well as being quite skinny sums up his entire frame his jet black hair cut into a short average joe haircut nothing special besides the face it's normally quite messy and almost never seen brushed or "maintained", Eye color is a light blue color, his skin tone is a paleish white sense he's not the most .. outdoorsy one could meet. His basic uniform consists of just a pair of plain jeans and a shirt, his military outfit consists of a lighter armor combined with mesh to create a more manueverable armor.
Backstory: Born on the planet of Autaria he and his friends had grown up wanting to see a life of action, while all of his friends grew up and became fighting men as marines he seemed to lean more towards a tech and behind the front lines kind of guy, after going through the training needed he was eventually put into a squad which was originally sent on the mission to investigate a mining colony which had gone silent and after arrival he was there when they fought the strange alien menace
Position: When his original plans to be a lean mean fighting machine fell under he decided to take his technical know-how to the service and became an excellent hacker and tech engineer being able to fix most if not all electronics needed to suceed in the mission, his main training was in sniping but when he realised sniping was not the best category for close quarters he decided he would train himself in the art of pistols and close quarters hand to hand weapons
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zilla » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 am

I'm interested, but I won't get a good opportunity to put something solid together until the weekend. I'm thinking something like a mechanic or mission control, a technical role that provides a lynchpin service to the team, the one they can rely on in a pinch.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 am

Name: Claudia Dackers

Physical Description: Claudia isn't the sort of person you'd expect to find amongst the crew of such a dangerous mission, but those that survived the first mission would understand. She's a skinny but athletic fifteen year old with a freckled face, and red hair that's usually tied back in a simple ponytail.

Background:

Failing to live up to the expectations of demanding parents or the achievements of an older sister, Claudia went off the rails in school. She was kicked out, bringing shame to her family's famous name, and disappeared to a backwater colony, where she turned to pirating and then bounty hunting as she grew into adulthood. Eventually she was hired to track down and capture Paula Dackers, but her assault on the other woman did not go to plan as Paula and her allies defeated Claudia.

Their original intention was to hold her prisoner, and hand her over to the authorities (who she was very much wanted by) when they returned to earth. An attack on the group by an alien races disrupted their plans however, forcing them to work alongside Claudia to survive. The rivalry between her and Paula made things difficult, until Claudia fell into a trap. She had the physical maturity literally sucked out from her by the aliens to grow their own young, leaving her just at the start of her teens.

There was another side affect of the procedure, for despite the rivalry, she started to look at Paula differently. A bond began to develop, along with a dependency, especially as she struggled to adapt to fighting in her drastically altered body, and it was later revealed the aliens had included a sort of defence mechanism into the trap, causing the victim to see the first female they saw after losing their age, as a Mother figure, so they wouldn't be left vulnerable and in danger. It didn't affect Paula herself, although seeing the rather helpless teenager did trigger some kind of deeply hidden maternal instincts within the woman, and she made sure Claudia remained at her side during their escape from the planet.

Knowing Claudia was a wanted criminal back on Earth, Paula proposed she claim Claudia to be an orphan girl found on the planet, and promised the rest of the crew she would keep the girl in line. The crew were uneasy with this, but Paula managed to persuade them, and so once back on Earth, despite less than a decade of age between them, she made her former rival her adoptive daughter, with only the rest of the crew and a handful of high up military officials knowing the truth. As part of the agreement, she was required to take Claudia to regular military science facilities where they tested and experimented, trying to research her 'condition'.

Along with giving Claudia her surname, she also worked on the teenager's appearance, dying her hair red, to match her own, as well as straightening out the curls and making her wear it in a simple ponytail as Paula did. Obviously, Claudia had to appear as a normal teenage girl to the rest of the world, and so Paula enrolled her back in school, much to the frustration of the former bounty hunter. Paula would not be swayed by whining however, sticking to a strict, militaristic style of parenting, determined to reform Claudia, which meant she was no longer allowed around real weapons anymore.

Despite Paula's embrace of her new parental role, her frequent off-planet missions meant Claudia spent a lot of time boarding at school. This had the unexpected side effect of causing the teenager to eagerly anticipate her new Mother's return from each mission, so she could hear stories about Paula's adventures in space. She worked hard on her fitness on her own time, but another advantage of getting to spend time with Paula was the training. It was mostly based around defence, but in time taser-based weapons were introduced, and Claudia started to get back to a similar level of combat skill that she'd had as an adult.

Now the military have ordered Claudia to join Paula on the new mission, and while Paula isn't entirely comfortable with taking a child into such a dangerous environment, she realises she has no choice. The one condition she managed to get approval on was a specially made, Claudia-sized version of her own heavy armour suit, along with a small selection of taser-based weapons.

Position (s):

Pilot
Soldier

Claudia was originally a decent pilot, as she owned her own ship, but Paula has been giving her lessons in being both a pilot, co-pilot and navigator for all kinds of vehicles, from single person vessels used on planet, to much larger ships than the flying tin can she once used for her bounty hunting. She was an expert at both unarmed combat and with medium-sized firearms, and due to training with Paula, has retained these skills despite her loss of age, although the only weapons she trains with now are tasers.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to Roleplaying