Kidaroc 2.0 signup

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Kidaroc 2.0 signup

Postby Brnin8r » Wed May 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Yes, despite what you believe and regardless of precedence, I have returned bearing RP.

Once again, the war of transformation between the girls and boys rages on across the former United States of America. Though, if you've been paying attention through the last two incarnations, each one began to deviate incredibly from its base element in the search of a higher, epic-level plot. Number one, finding a magical UK. Number two, the orbital invasions of the architect of the world. It seemed to take the freedom that is the RP each incarnation started with and siphoned it into a streamlined, linear action film. This is something I've tried to remedy extensively through other roleplays online and off.

In any case, I'm reverting to a previous save file to sort of reset the canon so that all that is there are stereotypical girl armies, emblazoned in girl scout uniforms and school girl clothes, charging forward with the power of Zeta, Femme X, and any other synonym for that horrible transformatory agent that ravages the boys side so.

Though, in this new and rebooted (oxymoron?) version, the boys have a little more firepower at their disposal. Both sides will start with your basics and with player feedback and some random intergrations, technology will advance through the timeline, leading to giant mech warriors fighting with baseball bats against hordes of rocketeers armed with Zeta and makeup. The earth shall tremble in battle.

If this sounds like anything you're interested in, I only ask that you make this character your own. Don't cookie cutter something out and run them with one-liners. Those who put some actual character detail into the game will get more out of it. It's like a sewer that way: what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

Application is simple. Give me a detailed rundown of your character including any information you'd like me to know. Remember: the more detail I have, the more I can work with to make this a memorable experience for the both of us!

I'll be updating this once a day most times, there will always be an update every two days at the very least. On a free day, there may be several posts (lookout for Sundays for those). *shrugs*

Let's have fun

Let's be immersed.

Let it begin.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Re: Kidaroc 2.0 signup

Postby Brnin8r » Thu May 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Right, real quick. Should probably lay down the couple restrictions to the character building process.

Age 12-19.

I guess that's pretty much it this time.

Go nuts! Hopefully as time goes on, I'll be able to write up bios and draw up your characters for my own reference.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 am

I guess I'll begin.

Name: Isaac Grumm (Because I like this name from the still in semi-death RP muffin is running)
Physical Description: Isaac is short and thin... and seemingly permanently stained with some kind of engine fluid. He wears goggles and lightly armored cover alls to which he has strapped all kinds of tools. He has black, messy hair and green eyes.
Job Occupation: Rogue mechanic and mercenary.
Bio: Isaac pretty much grew up in his father's auto shop. He learned to tinker with engines at an early age, and the junkyard in the back of the store was his treasure trove. He and his younger sister Susan (aged 16) both loved working on machines... but Isaac was more skilled by far, which irked her a bit.

When the day came that everyone over the age of 19 vanished, he and his sister stuck together for quite awhile. But as the war between the boys and girls broke out... what was once sibling rivalry flared up into something more. Finally after many arguments his sister left... saying she would prove that female technology was superior. That was the last time he saw his sister. He has talked to her on the radio a couple of times... but their conversations were always brief and devolved into argument.

As it is now, Isaac lives a somewhat nomadic life. He wanders around in a huge car transporter truck... tinkered on to the max. He has several hidden garages around the area he works, where he keeps his projects. When one of them becomes 'finished' he takes it to the boys... or even the girls. And sells it to them after a demonstration. Its an arrangement strained on both sides. The boys don't like the fact that he trades with their sworn enemies, and the girls come just short of shooting him on sight. For being a boy of course. He believes his sister is in the system, pulling the strings somewhere for him... but as it is he has traded successfully with them a few times. Something that as far as he knows is unheard of.

What he is doing at the start of the RP: Isaac is in the middle of demonstrating a piece of hardware he finished working on. That is, he is on a battlefield... fighting on the side of the boys. Once he is done, depending on the performance of the tank, he will be paid an amount by the boy's military... pack up, and move onward. Leaving the tank behind for them. He believes that if he isnt prepared to trust his invention with his own life... why should his potential customer do so?
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Sun May 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Sounds good, I'm in~

Name: Sean Harmand

Physical Description:Sean has an average build with brown hair clumsily cut short that seems to stick out in every direction. He wears chipped glasses and a white lab coat stained with blood and grime over a black shirt and ragged jeans with boots/

Job: Medic for the Boys

Bio: Sean's first memory was of his mother coming home late, tired but triumphant, having saved a patient on the verge of death. Ever since then he wanted to become a doctor and worked hard, reading his mother's medical textbooks even though he could barely understand them. He got high marks through his schooling and seemed to be well on his way.

But then everyone over 19 vanished, leaving Sean alone. He gathered all the textbooks he could carry with him and hit the road, looking for somewhere he could further his education. When the fighting between the boys and the girls broke out, he tried to keep out of it, preferring to venture into libraries, books stores and the like to salvage any medical texts he could. One day, he found a squad of Boy troops wounded in an explosion caused by a gas pipe. Using only his accumulated knowledge he managed to stabalize them and use one of their radios to call for backup.

When the backup squad arrived, they offered Sean the chance to join them. Figuring that his knowledge would go further if he could apply it more, he agreed.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Alex Tate

Aged 16

Alex is pretty far from what you imagine when thinking of a soldier, even a soldier of a teenage army. Short for his age, his slender frame looks like it would be knocked over by a gentle breeze, while his dark brown curly hair reaches half-way down his back, in what he claims is a symbol of his love for 80's rock music. He's lucky that all those boys around him are so caught up in their hatred of girls, that it would never even cross their mind that one of their own could actually WANT to be on the other side. His skin his pale, but smooth and well taken care of.

He was against the war from the start, as what few friends he had were all girls. In the beginning, he spent a couple of months living with the two closest of those friends, but as the war spread across the land, they were discovering by female soldiers, and only much pleading from his two best friends led to a severe beating rather than a strong dose of Femme X. For as close as Alex had been to those girls, he'd never been able to find the courage to explain to them that he wished he too was female. They accepted him in their group, and never drew attention to his gender, and that had been good enough for him during times of peace.

It was immediately clear to Alex that he could not fend for himself, and was left with no choice but to become part of the boy's army. It's a miserable existence, living amongst a society eager to be loud and proud about it's maleness. Ironically, the few crumbs of comfort Alex gets is being bullied by other boys, who think their taunts about his girlish looks actually upset him, although sometimes this can go too far, with the hormone fueled boys speaking openly about needing to fulfill certain needs that become a problem when there are no girls around.

Obviously not built for fighting, Alex was left with working around the base. The more masculine tasks such as working as a mechanic on the vehicles were never short of volunteers, leaving Alex to pick up the jobs nobody wanted, such as cooking and cleaning. He's also developed into a pretty good first aider, despite the very sight of open wounds causing him to pass out several times, but the task he enjoys most without a doubt is crafting clothing. Along with scraps of material, scavenged clothing is left for him to take a needle and thread to, and transform into uniforms and combat gear, but amongst the piles there's always girl's clothes, taken from fallen enemies or looted from abandoned homes. Alex hides away favourite items, and even creates his own, with none of the boys interested in watching him work on such a horribly girlish task.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zilla » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:01 am

Signing up, but I'm having trouble crystallizing a character concept. I'm either going with someone who is opposed to the barbaric "war" and is trying to get the sides to reconcile, or a stealthy saboteur type.

I'm still kicking ideas around though... if anyone has questions that help prompt character development, they might guide me more in making some decisions here.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 am

Name: Richard "The Crow" Stanton

Physical Description: Thin, wiry, and sharp, Richard's battle-scarred frame suggests a past of either knife fighting or torture - the poor boy is quite the sight when shirtless. At first glance, the boy looks small and frail; he stands at a mere five feet eleven inches. However, upon closer examination one would observe that Richard's lithe body is covered in hard, wiry muscle and sinew - the results of years of living hard in the city. He owns a single pair of ragged blue jeans that can usually be seen covering his legs, as well as a pair of ancient-looking Reebok sneakers.

His face has a striking, eagle-like quality to it. Narrow, dark brown eyes sit behind a ragged, unkempt curtain of the boy's bangs. His hair is long, unruly, and matted, encircling his head and dropping to his shoulders. A deep, angry scar runs down the boy's left cheek.

Job Occupation: Independent thief

Bio: Of all of the children affected by the sudden disappearance of most of the world, Richard's life very well could have been impacted the least. Abandoned and left to a convent at birth, the boy found himself spending most of his time on the streets of downtown Chicago, where he earned a reputation amongst the homeless populace for being ruthless, conniving, and hard to find - as evidenced by his escape from his home at the convent at the age of seven. The boy never liked living without a place to stay from night to night; in his mind, however, anything was better than the foolish oppression placed upon him and the other orphans by the habited demons that ran that convent.

As time progressed and the boy aged, his reputation grew from one of note to one of legend. Tales were told under bridges and overpasses across the south side of Chicago of the boy who could steal anything and lived only for himself... The boy who could be identified by the wicked fanged hunting knife at his hip and the gruesome scar on his cheek. In time, his stealth and thieving prowess earned Richard the local nickname of The Crow.

Richard survived by stealing food - and earned a living by stealing information. As time passed, the boy learned that many of the seedier members of the Chicago underworld would pay rather handsomely for information. He also learned that many high-ranking officials had a soft spot for young orphan boys. Twisting such sympathies to his advantage, the boy soon became a legendary information broker as well as a thief. Soon enough, the Chicago police took notice; but The Crow consistently proved too evasive.

The great disappearance saw Richard remain a mercenary and a thief. He watched warily as the war between the boys and the girls developed - and to this day has chosen to remain neutral. The girls would likely shoot him on sight, he knew - and amongst the boys he suspected were members of his old home at the convent... Children who knew the deep pain he had suffered at that cursed and corrupted institution. He had sworn never to expose himself to those memories again; so he remained aloof to the world affairs, stealing from both sides to aid his own well-being. Some called him hard-hearted, and others called him selfish... But their opinions mattered little to Richard. He knew that any ridicule was worth avoiding the past that had set him on the streets in the first place.

(( I dunno if this is too serious for this RP or not? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be light-hearted. XD ))
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Brnin8r » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Sweeet...

Knight: Excellent. I await to play with your highly experimental and sometimes explosive inventions as you strive to be an arms dealer.

Blaze: Awesome characterization as well. More than accepted!

Harri: Awww...that's cute. We'll have to see how the tender flower copes with massive combat *winks*

Zilla: Exciting. For some character concepts I'll introduce some NPCs you might be with should you decide one or the other:
Vincent Bordeaux -One of the leading scientists of the boys, he continuously strives to end the war, but with as little casualties as possible. He earns a great deal of respect from most of the boys as he offers high-tech methods of non-lethal warfare to simply neutralize conflict. However, there are particular sects of the boys that disagree, believing that the quickest way to end the war is by brutal, unforgiving tactics. Kill first, talk later sort of things that Vincent despises.

MIchelle A03 A legend in her own right, Michelle leads the highly secretive assassin division of the girls. She takes talented girls and turns them into a well-oiled machine, five of them at the most being able to topple an entire battle or stronghold without being noticed. The boys greatly fear Michelle's wolf pack and for good reason: she's the reason their technology hasn't progressed as fast as it should what with her confiscating primary blueprints and destroying them or turning them over to the girls for their own technological advancement.

If you have any questions you can always ask me.

Blindsense: Ooooh...nifty. And this RP can be a little tongue in cheek but I like it when people take that sort of setting seriously. Sounds like Richard's going to be a lone wolf that doesn't mess around. Play him to his core, this should be an extra dose of the horrible reality that the world's turned into. *thumbs up*

We'll be starting Friday regardless of how many other people have signed up, they'll be able to apply later anyway. See you at the party.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby AshK » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Do I have to be able to be on constantly, or can I just get on when I can and still keep up with the story?
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Vomica » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:54 am

Name: Micheal Hara

Physical Description: Micheal is your typical active older teenager. He is an eighteen year old man, who possess roughly average strength. The times of war have honed his physique though, despite his inactive role in the conflicts -- he and his peers strive to at least be ready to defend themselves. Micheal is 5'11" in height, and perhaps 160 or 170 pounds in weight. Much of this is muscle, but there is always the persistent bit of body fat. He has short brown hair that he just lets hang about, and his eyes are a dull steel-blue. Possessing Eastern European heritage he has a slightly heavier build, but it's nothing to extreme.

Job: Strategists and Analysts -- predicting when, how, and where the war will go next. And why.

Bio: Micheal comes from a line of scholars, authors, and intellectuals. His father was a professor at a local university, well his mother was an attorney. He had three siblings, an older sister who was 23, a younger sister who was 8, and an fourteen year old brother. Despite his brother being the only one who hadn't vanished, Micheal hasn't seen or heard anything of him since the war began. He fears the worst. Because of this, he is disattached from the conflict personally... seeing it as more as an issue of abstractions then struggles of individuals.

Micheal was an average student in high school before most of the world vanished. He is smarter than average, but he slacked off like many of his peers. Before society collapsed, and everyone was still around, he had been accepted to university for a philosophy program. He never attended. This was caused by the fact that there wasn't much to attend to.

When the war broke out, he realized there was a steady supply of soldiers. His family does have a history of advisers. He follows in this vein, being a thinker more so than a doer. For a time, he attempted to find a 'cure' for the feminination process. But after a lab accident that rendered half of the other scientists wearing dresses full time, he became disillusioned.

As of late, he as joined a faction that believes they know the truth behind the war. The fight might be a war of extinction, but not of boys versus girls. But one of humanity. If the girls win, that is it. Humans are done for... with in a generation or two. The splinter group Micheal has joined have hidden themselves away from it all, attempting to hide it all out. They have holed up in an abandoned bunker from the cold war. ...so far the tactic has working. But that can almost last so long, correct?

(Ugh. Don't try to write a bios when drunk and tired... ..I'll edit this in the morning. But I hope this captures all the main points -- even if it's below par in writing.)
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Brnin8r » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:31 pm

((Erika: You can do whatever you want. Since most characters this time are on their own, they'll each have their own bit of story to work with. Problem is though, if you don't keep up with my posts (potentially one-two a day) you'll have a hard time actually finding the bit with your story. It's up to you.))

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Name: Damian Bosley

Physical Description: Damian isn't in the best shape of his life and he doesn't need to like all the other boys. In fact he is pretty androgynous leaning to the girly side even for his age. His hair is chestnut brown and reaches his shoulders and its kept as silky as possible. His height is about 5'6 and his weight is unknown but doesnt look that heavy. Damian also has dark brown eyes which are also a tad big for a boy. Unfortunately for him the quality he most hates about his girlish body is how feminine his legs are. Even if he still has to shave them, they look almost exactly to a girls shapely long legs which works since girls love the dreaded skirts. Bad for him though.

Job Occupation: Former Grunt. Currently, Spy.

Bio: Growing up being a boy which basically is standing on the edge of the gender line has its disadvantages when you lean towards the girly side but are very proud of being male. This is the problem with Damian since he was little and one of the things his big sister Karla Bosley loved to exploit, often when little Damian was more susceptible to pranks, shed often make him wear dresses and pass off as her little sister. It was weird, Damian's dad was pretty manly, his pubic hair having pubic hair, but it seemed both his offsprings leaned more to the mothers side. But now Damian is coming of age and apparently he still has the look problem, despite his best efforts to come off as being manly.

Before the apocalypse or rapture of adults, Damian was a very known sports athlete mostly because he was good, not amazing, but for some reason the girls just loved the boys look. Something Damian didn't mind so much, being adrodynous does have its perks sometimes. Still this didn't make him very popular with the jocks which poked fun at the girlish boy only fueling his desire to prove himself.

After the rapture of adults, soon Damian found himself in a world where it's almost everyone for themselves. Its not sure who started the great gender war, but as soon as the line was drawn, everyone flocked to their side. After a year or so, somehow the girls were gaining the upperhand. The boys gun go attitude worked for some time but the girls cunning was starting to shift the tables to their side. This prompted a change in the boys side, leading to the creation of many offices, one being the B.I.O. (Boys Intelligence Organization). One of the offices first acts was to get some insight of the girls operations.

Its funny how fate works sometimes. Damian was soon called in taken in with also some brave men for an operation that few people would deam sane. They were going to venture into the world of... women. Using their girly builds some boys were being assigned places to spy posing as girls in their ranks. No better way to get info than being on the front of decisions. Of course at first Damian hated the idea. All these years of proving his manhood and now he was being ordered to embrace womanhood?! No way. At first he regected but after knowing his sister was an officer in the womans base he was being assigned to he thought of no better way to rain of his stupid snot nosed sisters parade than ruining her base.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Zilla » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:34 am

Okay, I'm going the stealth route.

Name: Julie Bellinase.

Personality: Julie's a con-artist. She's used to using emotions to toy with people, tugging pity and remorse out of them, or taking a harder tone and intimidating her marks. As a result of toying with emotions so much, she doesn't really know how to truly open up and relate to someone. She's not exactly a loner, but she's more interested in using people for her own gain than forming lasting relationships with them.

Things got tougher when the adults disappeared. People her age hadn't had time to build up all those programmed responses she was so talented at working, and she was less comfortable with them. Adults had always been her best marks. They were much easier to play, and much more generous with their givings...

But then combat broke out, and Julie had to learn a new way of life... Her direct skills were less needed in the atmosphere of mistrust, and even her own allies began to mistrust her, from her continued confidence schemes. Out of necessity, she learned to hide, stalk, and sneak. Almost as a byproduct of her subterfuge, she happened to learn a lot of intel, and that made it a lot easier for her to get by with the girls. Since she couldn't con them, she decided to work with them, though it's mostly for her own survival. She started actively seeking out that information, and even doing some impromptu sabotaging work, which gained her trust and respect, things she used to have to trick people into giving her.

Deep down, underneath it all, she's scared of the world around her and afraid of getting hurt, and that's why she won't trust anyone. She had run away from home while still young, and had to learn many tricks to survive on her own, all in all making her very distrustful of others. She never had a real "family," and she doesn't want to admit that she wants one.

Description: Julie has medium-length brown hair, and is thin and just under-average for size. This used to help her look pitiable, when she needed it, but has turned out to help her keep out of sight and unnoticed. She's not that great of a runner, but she's quite nimble and flexible, when she needs to be. She's very adept at slight-of-hand tricks, from working so long in slipping things off of marks. She wears any manner of clothing she can to get away with whatever she's trying to get away with, and isn't particular about her looks. In some ways, she doesn't know what she really looks like because she's often running from herself and playing many roles.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby AshK » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Brnin8r wrote:((Erika: You can do whatever you want. Since most characters this time are on their own, they'll each have their own bit of story to work with. Problem is though, if you don't keep up with my posts (potentially one-two a day) you'll have a hard time actually finding the bit with your story. It's up to you.))

I need some help thinking of a character. Could you please help me out a bit. It's been a while since I've had to come up with a character for an RP.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 am

I can't create your character for you. I want it to be yours, not mine. If you'd like to, though, you could tell me what sort of role you want to fill and I could describe a few NPCs that have a hand in it that might give you some ideas.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying