Encroaching Corruption

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Encroaching Corruption

Postby Blaze » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:56 am

(Okay, let's get this thing going! To start off with, just have your character going about their daily lives. Things will go bad then, and only get worse form there...)

The universe is big. Really really big. Compared to the vastness of it, our Earth, and we who reside on it aren't even a speck. We are less then a speck, something almost non-existant. If the universe were a computer, we wouldn't be a folder, not a file, not even a line of code. If we're lucky, we might be a single part of a leftover series of binary numbers. Something that could easily vanish without anything noticing.

However, on this day, we were noticed. By what it is difficult to say, but to continue with the computer metaphor, we could say that they are viruses. Things that do not belong here, and yet to, spreading their corruption wherever they go. And on this day, these things decided we were next. As they moved in, they sensed each other's presence. Rather then compeating over something so trivial, they decided on a deal...

Each would chose a representative on the planet, and that representative would spread their corruption for them.

It would be amusing they agreed. To the winner goes the spoils, and to the losers...

No huge loss. It's a big universe...
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Encroaching Corruption

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:05 am

Daniel rolls out of bed. The alarm clock... sadly unneeded, reading 11:00 AM. At least with his situation he could sleep as late as he wanted...

He takes a quick shower and then goes to make breakfast/lunch. Today he doubted he would leave his apartment. He might apply for some jobs online... then spend the rest of the day on his computer and/or xbox. Just another lazy day of unemployment.

Walking through his kitchen in his robe, he checks the messages on his phone. He didnt expect to get a callback from and employer... but who knew.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Vomica » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Matthew is up and about at the crack of dawn. There isn't much for him to in preparation, since he laid his suit, for work, out the night before. He brushes his teeth and trims his nose hair... then heads out his door.

He checks his cell-phone for messages, and then proceeds to walk down the street. Work is only a few blocks away. It's one of the advantages of living in an apartment so close to the place of employment!
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Shadowmaster » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Paul crawled out of bed at about 10:30, stretched, and walked out to his kitchen. He pulled some milk out of his fridge and poured himself a glass. He placed the milk back into the fridge and went into the living room. He sat down on the couch, and flipped on the TV. His roommate was at work, and he had the day off, and he was determined to make the most of it. Starting with a bit of TV, then, whatever else he felt like doing.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Zilla » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm

*BUZZ!*

*BUZZ!*

Kaitlyn's hand sightlessly gropes in the early-morning light of her room for her phone. It scuttles along the nightstand, grazing over her glasses, until it gently feels the black plastic case of her cell phone. It squeezes it's sides, hitting snooze on the alarm she had set for 7:00 AM. Her carpool wouldn't show up for another 45 minutes, and it was just part of her routine to wake up slowly. The hand slunk away, retreating to the warmth beneath her pillow.

*BUZZ!*

*BUZZ!*

It hadn't seemed long enough, when the 7:10 alarm once against disturbed Kaitlyn's slumber. The same hand, a little more practiced this time, find the phone and slips it open. The electric blue nail of her thumb presses the off button as she blearily opens her eyes and slowly rises from bed. Everything she sees is an indistinct blur. She plucks her glasses up and slides them on, bringing the world into focus, as pulls herself up.

She yawns and stretches a moment. After blinking the sleep from her eyes, she begins to rifle through the pile of clean laundry next to her bed. No... no... too cold for that... no... okay. She picks out an outfit for the day and swaps it for her pajamas, settling on a pair of jeans with studded pockets and flared cuffs, and a pink shirt with white sleeves.

She bounds across the room to her still-whirring desktop computer and rouses it from it's own slumber. She peeks at the weather, waves good-morning to the chatroom, and checks a few of the comics she still keeps up with. By the time she's disengaged herself from the chat, she has just enough time to slip on her shoes, grab her purse, and bolt out the door to the waiting car.

"Hey Kaitlyn!" Jessica says, as the last carpool passenger steps inside. "Did you skip breakfast again?"

Kaitlyn bashfully nods. "Yeah, I got up a little too late for that."

"No worries, Ben doesn't want his muffin, and all of us are full." Ben is already passing his muffin across the backseat to Kaitlyn, who accepts it with a smile.

"Thanks!" she says as her teeth tear into the lemon poppyseed. She had a good feeling about this day.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Windyuki » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 am

Elton yawns quietly and resists the urge to stretch and draw attention to himself. It's better to play the good student, he rationalizes. Things will be easier that way, even if his math teacher has a knack for speaking boringly so potent that he could make an imminent alien invasion sound dull. Thirty minutes is all it will take, then he'll be free to go... to his next, not quite as boring class. Joy.

The boy sighs, rubs his eyes and does his best to look moderately interested. To his credit, he almost succeeds.
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Blaze » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Knight Errant wrote:Daniel rolls out of bed. The alarm clock... sadly unneeded, reading 11:00 AM. At least with his situation he could sleep as late as he wanted...

He takes a quick shower and then goes to make breakfast/lunch. Today he doubted he would leave his apartment. He might apply for some jobs online... then spend the rest of the day on his computer and/or xbox. Just another lazy day of unemployment.

Walking through his kitchen in his robe, he checks the messages on his phone. He didnt expect to get a callback from and employer... but who knew.

There is one message from a potential employer, and it goes as follows.

Hello Mr. Blackwell, this is Daniel, I interviewed you for the job here at Hesperides Bar. We're willing to offer you a position as trainee bartender to see if you have what it takes. If you're still interested, call us back at 555-1775.

Vomica wrote:Matthew is up and about at the crack of dawn. There isn't much for him to in preparation, since he laid his suit, for work, out the night before. He brushes his teeth and trims his nose hair... then heads out his door.

He checks his cell-phone for messages, and then proceeds to walk down the street. Work is only a few blocks away. It's one of the advantages of living in an apartment so close to the place of employment!

Matthew has one message from Sarah.

Hey wanna meet up 2nite call me ok

As he walks to work, he hears a song being played from within a store. He can make out the words, Children have you ever met the boogieman before?...

Shadowmaster wrote:Paul crawled out of bed at about 10:30, stretched, and walked out to his kitchen. He pulled some milk out of his fridge and poured himself a glass. He placed the milk back into the fridge and went into the living room. He sat down on the couch, and flipped on the TV. His roommate was at work, and he had the day off, and he was determined to make the most of it. Starting with a bit of TV, then, whatever else he felt like doing.

On the TV is some cheesy melodramatic soap opera. For some reason, no matter how hard he tries, Paul can't seem to... enjoy himself. No matter how comfy he makes himself or how hard he tries to distract himself, he just feels... bored

Zilla wrote:*BUZZ!*

*BUZZ!*

Kaitlyn's hand sightlessly gropes in the early-morning light of her room for her phone. It scuttles along the nightstand, grazing over her glasses, until it gently feels the black plastic case of her cell phone. It squeezes it's sides, hitting snooze on the alarm she had set for 7:00 AM. Her carpool wouldn't show up for another 45 minutes, and it was just part of her routine to wake up slowly. The hand slunk away, retreating to the warmth beneath her pillow.

*BUZZ!*

*BUZZ!*

It hadn't seemed long enough, when the 7:10 alarm once against disturbed Kaitlyn's slumber. The same hand, a little more practiced this time, find the phone and slips it open. The electric blue nail of her thumb presses the off button as she blearily opens her eyes and slowly rises from bed. Everything she sees is an indistinct blur. She plucks her glasses up and slides them on, bringing the world into focus, as pulls herself up.

She yawns and stretches a moment. After blinking the sleep from her eyes, she begins to rifle through the pile of clean laundry next to her bed. No... no... too cold for that... no... okay. She picks out an outfit for the day and swaps it for her pajamas, settling on a pair of jeans with studded pockets and flared cuffs, and a pink shirt with white sleeves.

She bounds across the room to her still-whirring desktop computer and rouses it from it's own slumber. She peeks at the weather, waves good-morning to the chatroom, and checks a few of the comics she still keeps up with. By the time she's disengaged herself from the chat, she has just enough time to slip on her shoes, grab her purse, and bolt out the door to the waiting car.

"Hey Kaitlyn!" Jessica says, as the last carpool passenger steps inside. "Did you skip breakfast again?"

Kaitlyn bashfully nods. "Yeah, I got up a little too late for that."

"No worries, Ben doesn't want his muffin, and all of us are full." Ben is already passing his muffin across the backseat to Kaitlyn, who accepts it with a smile.

"Thanks!" she says as her teeth tear into the lemon poppyseed. She had a good feeling about this day.

Out the corner of her eye, Kat may notice some kind of bug scuttling out the passenger door window. As they head for work, they pass the scene of a horrible five-car pileup. A limp pale arm can be seen protruding from the mutilated pile of metal.

Windyuki wrote:Elton yawns quietly and resists the urge to stretch and draw attention to himself. It's better to play the good student, he rationalizes. Things will be easier that way, even if his math teacher has a knack for speaking boringly so potent that he could make an imminent alien invasion sound dull. Thirty minutes is all it will take, then he'll be free to go... to his next, not quite as boring class. Joy.

The boy sighs, rubs his eyes and does his best to look moderately interested. To his credit, he almost succeeds.

As the teacher drones on about intergration, suddenly the fire alarm goes off! The school is filled with a canaphony of sirens.

"All right, everyone file out to the fields!" the teacher yells over the blaring alarms.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Blaze wrote:There is one message from a potential employer, and it goes as follows.

Hello Mr. Blackwell, this is Daniel, I interviewed you for the job here at Hesperides Bar. We're willing to offer you a position as trainee bartender to see if you have what it takes. If you're still interested, call us back at 555-1775.

Dan raises an eyebrow. "Hmm..." He picks up the phone, thinking a bit... then shrugs and dials the number. A job was a job... it would be nice to actually do something for a change.

Once the phone is answered he clears his throat. "Hi this is Daniel Blackwell... I'm calling back about that bartending job?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zilla » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:01 pm

"Holy... shit..." Kaitlyn whispers, gawking at the horrible accident. There weren't any ambulances on the scene either. Kaitlyn feels a bit light-headed, especially when she catches sight of the pale arm sticking out of the heap of metal.

The car slows a bit, as the cars in front of them have similarly slowed to gawk at the accident. Kaitlyn fishes in her purse for her phone. Ben quirks an eyebrow at her as she flips it open and dials 9-1-1.

"Hello, I'd like to report an accident," Kaitlyn says.

Jessica hadn't noticed Kaitlyn pulling out her phone, but she too gives her a bit of a look. Kaitlyn covers the mouthpiece and whispers "What if nobody else reported it?" before dropping back to the conversation.

"My name is Kaitlyn Smith, I'd like to report an accident on the highway," she says. "It looks like a five or six car pileup, just past exit 5..."

(Am I doing too much here? Should I leave more for your responses, instead of writing my own?)
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Windyuki » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Blaze wrote:As the teacher drones on about intergration, suddenly the fire alarm goes off! The school is filled with a canaphony of sirens.

"All right, everyone file out to the fields!" the teacher yells over the blaring alarms.

Elton's eyes widen momentarily with shock. "A drill' he mutters, as the obvious realization kicks in. Still any respite from calculus is a good one, and the boy files into line with the rest of the students, content to wait out the remainder of the brief respite. He doesn't find the situation bad at all.
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Paul sighs as he tries to get comfortable and enjoy watching TV. Finally, after a few minutes of trying, he sighs and turns the TV off.

He stands up and walks over to the door of his apartment. He doubted he would find anything to satisfy his boredom here, and he figured he's end up outside eventually today. He'd just be hitting the town a bit earlier than normal.

He grabbed his keys and wallet off of the table he usually left them on, and headed out the door, hoping to rid himself of the feeling of boredom.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Vomica » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 am

Starting his epically long journey of a half mile, Matthew begins his morning with a brisk pace! Discovering not just a message from his love, but an invitation to boot, the first smile of the day creeps onto his freshly shaven facade. He stops at a cross walk and waits for the signal to change... using the spare time he dials up Sarah. The phone on the other end begins to ring...

...he brushes his way along side the crowds, holding his cell phone up to the side of his head. When he passes that store... a chilling tingle runs up and down his spine. That was odd. But after that thought, he full attention then goes up to the piece of plastic besides his head.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Knight Errant wrote:Dan raises an eyebrow. "Hmm..." He picks up the phone, thinking a bit... then shrugs and dials the number. A job was a job... it would be nice to actually do something for a change.

Once the phone is answered he clears his throat. "Hi this is Daniel Blackwell... I'm calling back about that bartending job?"

As Dan dials the number, he may realize that he doesn't recall ever applying for a job at this bar...

Ah yes, hello Daniel. Says a sultry female voice at the other end of the line.

I'll be frank with you dear, we need some help as soon as we can. Could you come here now? I imagine you aren't doing much else...

Zilla wrote:"Holy... shit..." Kaitlyn whispers, gawking at the horrible accident. There weren't any ambulances on the scene either. Kaitlyn feels a bit light-headed, especially when she catches sight of the pale arm sticking out of the heap of metal.

The car slows a bit, as the cars in front of them have similarly slowed to gawk at the accident. Kaitlyn fishes in her purse for her phone. Ben quirks an eyebrow at her as she flips it open and dials 9-1-1.

"Hello, I'd like to report an accident," Kaitlyn says.

Jessica hadn't noticed Kaitlyn pulling out her phone, but she too gives her a bit of a look. Kaitlyn covers the mouthpiece and whispers "What if nobody else reported it?" before dropping back to the conversation.

"My name is Kaitlyn Smith, I'd like to report an accident on the highway," she says. "It looks like a five or six car pileup, just past exit 5..."

(Am I doing too much here? Should I leave more for your responses, instead of writing my own?)

[I'll handle the NPCs, you just RP your character. Unless you prefer doing things this way, then that's fine too. o.o]

Soon the sound of sirens can be heard as three ambulances, two police cards and a fire truck pull up. The police cordon off the area surrounding the crash, the firemen take out power saws and start cutting at the tangled web of metal and the paramedics get to who they can and try to stabalize them.

One of the policemen approaches the car Kaitlyn is in and gives a grim smile.

"Move along please."

Jessica nods slightly, her face very pale and drives on. Soon they hit the highway, the other two very quiet. Ben starts wringing his hands and staring at the ground. Jessica's knuckles have gone white as she clutches the wheel.

Windyuki wrote:Elton's eyes widen momentarily with shock. "A drill' he mutters, as the obvious realization kicks in. Still any respite from calculus is a good one, and the boy files into line with the rest of the students, content to wait out the remainder of the brief respite. He doesn't find the situation bad at all.

Suddenly, a huge explosion rattles the whole building! The windows shatter and the overhead fire sprinklers burst into life.

"It must have reached the science labs..." the teacher mutters grimly, trying to make sure everyone filed out neatly.

"Don't panic everyone! Just procede to the fields in an orderly manner!" he yells.

Shadowmaster wrote:Paul sighs as he tries to get comfortable and enjoy watching TV. Finally, after a few minutes of trying, he sighs and turns the TV off.

He stands up and walks over to the door of his apartment. He doubted he would find anything to satisfy his boredom here, and he figured he's end up outside eventually today. He'd just be hitting the town a bit earlier than normal.

He grabbed his keys and wallet off of the table he usually left them on, and headed out the door, hoping to rid himself of the feeling of boredom.

As he exits his apartment, he may hear sirens all across the city. Across the street is an art museam that usually is rather quiet, but today there's a line extending out the door and down the street. THere's a banner advertising a lot of new art, but even then it's never this busy.

Vomica wrote:Starting his epically long journey of a half mile, Matthew begins his morning with a brisk pace! Discovering not just a message from his love, but an invitation to boot, the first smile of the day creeps onto his freshly shaven facade. He stops at a cross walk and waits for the signal to change... using the spare time he dials up Sarah. The phone on the other end begins to ring...

...he brushes his way along side the crowds, holding his cell phone up to the side of his head. When he passes that store... a chilling tingle runs up and down his spine. That was odd. But after that thought, he full attention then goes up to the piece of plastic besides his head.

The phone rings 3 times before a very sleepy-sounding Kim answers.

"Hey babe... did you get my message?"

As he passes another store, he hears what sounds like the same song.

... no of course you haven't, for you're much too good I'm sure...
Last edited by Blaze on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zilla » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 pm

(Well, since I'm not driving... you're gonna have to get me to work ^^;; )

Kaitlyn pockets the phone, relieved that emergency services are on the scene. She remains somber for a moment, still thinking about that arm... *shudder*

"Hey Jessica?" Kaitlyn says, finally breaking the somber silence of the car. "Be careful driving okay?"
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Blaze wrote:As Dan dials the number, he may realize that he doesn't recall ever applying for a job at this bar...

Ah yes, hello Daniel. Says a sultry female voice at the other end of the line.

I'll be frank with you dear, we need some help as soon as we can. Could you come here now? I imagine you aren't doing much else...

Dan pauses... wondering a bit at that... but well. Money was money. And if it fell through well... well its not like he wasted much time.

"Right... I guess I could head in today. I'll need directions to the place. Also any particular dresscode?"

The passing thought enters his head that this might be a prank pulled by his friends... but... whatever.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying