Encroaching Corruption: Interests and Sign-Ups!

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Encroaching Corruption: Interests and Sign-Ups!

Postby Blaze » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Heyo peoples, this is a new idea I and Zilla came up with. Basically, it's a twist on the typical 'regular person gets magic powers from strange creature.' Except here, the strange creature is an extra-dimensional horror who twists the person's (your character) body and mind to better spread their influence. We have come up with eight horrors in all.

1.) The embodiment of universal entropy and sloth
2.) A being that consists of several smaller beings acting as a hive mind.
3.) A being that thrives on negitive emotions
4.) A being that devours the emotions that go into creating things.
5.) A being that causes feelings of greediness, lust, jealousy and hedonism in people.
6.) A purely digital entity that heightens intelligence, but causes people to try to kill off their emotions to be more 'logical'
7.) The embodiment of effort that causes people to work harder and harder and harder until their bodies give out.
8.) An entity that thrives on life force, absorbing it from people, causing them to grow older.

Now, I'm issuing a fair warning now.

THIS IS NOT AN RP FOR YOU TO GET YOUR TF JOLLIES FROM.

This is an attempt at a serious horror RP. It will explore your character's psyche as they are slowly corrupted, as they do horrible things to people at the idle whim of these entities. There are other ways to get a quick TF you know. >.>

Now, if your interested, here's the sign up sheet!

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Bio:
Top 3 Preferred Entities:
(Note: This will decide what you will be TFed into. No I will not say which entity does what. That would ruin the surprise~ :3)
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Encroaching Corruption: Interests and Sign-Ups!

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Behold my awesome signing up powers and TREMBLE!

Name: Daniel Blackwell
Sex: Male
Height: 6'3
Weight: 253lbs
Appearance: Usually in a Tshirt and jeans, Dan is broad but pudgy. He has medium length curly brown hair, a goatee, and glasses.
Bio: Dan is a currently out of work programmer. He lives alone in a small apartment... collecting unemployment and looking for work. His computer and Xbox being the only avenues of excitement in a dull, gray reality of the city he lives in.
Top 3 Preferred Entities: In order of preference, 5, 6, and 4.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Vomica » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Name: Matthew Riblet
Height: 5'10
Weight: 170
Appearance: Matt isn't exactly a stud muffin, but he isn't out of shape. He falls into the category of people who treats exercises as a means to a healthy body, rather then one of vanity. He couldn't care less about his outfits and styles. However his inkling towards practicality and utility does at least give him a spartan style appearance. Trimmed brown hair which he cuts himself every Sunday, a well groomed goatee, and dark blue eyes. He tends towards earthen tones.
Bio: Matthew is not an exciting person, the only thing he is actively passionate about is his work. He went to school for an accounting degree, and that is what he has it in. He has a love interest with a girl he met in college, her name is Sarah.
Top 3 Preferred Entities: 8,4,6

(I'll clean this all up in a bit when I have time.)
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zilla » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:22 am

I didn't design these not to experience them!

Name: Kaitlyn Smith
Sex: Female
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145 lbs
Appearance: She wears thick cat-eye glasses to correct her horrible near-sightedness, she often wears bright colored clothing. She's moderate-to-thin, tall, and a bit dorky looking. Her hair is currently blue and falls just past her shoulders.
Bio: Kaitlyn spends too much time chatting on the internet. She works as a temp programmer for a software company. She's friendly and creative.

Top 3 Preferred Entities: 2, 5, 6 (Though honestly, I'd rather just be surprised).
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Name: Paul Crowley
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 162
Appearance: Paul has shaggy brown hair, blue eyes, and moderately pale skin. He puts very little stock into his appearance. While he keeps himself clean, many of the clothes he wears have holes in them and show that they are quite old.
Bio: Paul works in a grocery store, stocking the shelves. He makes enough there to rent an apartment with one of his friends. He's quiet and keeps to himself most of the time.
Top 3 Preferred Entities: 3, 1, 8.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Windyuki » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Name: Elton Mcfaen
Sex: M
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 130ibs
Appearance: Elton's a short boy of average weight. Thick glasses, the absence of anything that resembles a fashion sense, and a disheveled appearance that suggests he woke up within the past five minutes mark him as an easyish target for bullies.
Bio: Born to an upper middle class family, Elton's never been able to shake the fact that life should hold something more. He's followed the prearranged path set out for him in a daze. He goes to school, gets above average grades and plans to go on to college after he finishes high school this year. At the same time, he's never really enjoyed any of that. It's simply been the path of least resistance in a world that holds nothing to be fascinated with. Elton's a bit of a pushover, but only because straying from the obvious path seems like too much work.

In short, he's a teenager with nothing in the way of ambitions or aspirations, who drifts through life without a thought of straying out on his own path. Left to his own devices he'd probably graduate in four years then go on to get a job, wife and family, have a few children and eventually die, all without ever really caring about any of them in more than a vague sense of the word.
Top 3 Preferred Entities: 5, 4, 6 in that order.
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Blaze » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 pm

OKAY, SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED!

I will take newcomers, but they'll have to choose from whatever horrors remain.

The main thread will be up soon.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Return to Roleplaying