The Maze: Part 1 Of Dreams and Nightmares

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: The Maze: Part 1 Of Dreams and Nightmares

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Hannah leans over and peers down into the deep pit, squinting at what she thought she saw. Wriggling her long legs over the edge of the opening, she sat and called downwards. "Hey... do you know what's going on here?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Windyuki » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Vomica wrote:
Ryan grimances slightly, and mutters "...yuck. ...hopefully I can scrub this stuff off later..." And then the sound of a rampaging train draws louder! Great! The man quickly scrambles once more! ...trying to get as much distance as he can. Leaping to another mushroom if he can. It's not like he can take shelter. The vortex is devouring the mushrooms!

*Ryan sinks in even deeper this time, almost to his waist. The goop is really, really itchy by this point, but there's only one more mushroom to jump to before he can reach the ground!*

Roggamer22 wrote:Lee acks and pulls his hand out of the water, looking at it. "Huh... Guess I should have expected that... Felt kind of... odd, though... Then again, upwards water so I shouldn't be surprised..." He looked up. "...One way to find out what's up there!" He dove into the upwards current, holding his breath and shutting his eyes.

*Lee rises quickly to the top of the waterfall, unable to escape the strange tingling sensation that grows stronger with every foot he ascends. Just as Lee should find himself reaching his limits for holding his breath, he can feel himself shooting up into the air at the top.*

Marky wrote:Drew blinks in a bit of confusion as he passes by the holes in the wall. "Huh..." He says, falling down past them, before bouncing up once again. Deciding to react this time, he tries his best to grab on to one and pull himself in when he reaches the apex of his bounce.

*Drew barely succeeds at grabbing on and almost tears his arm out of its socket. Climbing into the hole itself proves a little more challenging as it's exceedingly tight on Drew's hips.

Likewise, pulling out of the dark hole would be a problem.*

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Hannah leans over and peers down into the deep pit, squinting at what she thought she saw. Wriggling her long legs over the edge of the opening, she sat and called downwards. "Hey... do you know what's going on here?".

*She can see the figure grab onto a hole in the wall and pull himself in, though he seems to have some trouble getting all the way in. It seems that he's just a little too big. He also doesn't seem to be able to hear her from inside the hole.*

Zilla wrote:Frightened Lily is swimming her heart out, trying to get away from the rushing sound of water cascading over a cliff. In her desperation, she momentarily forgets her lessons, and seems to be moving in a way she hadn't really done before. It seems to work quite well, and she keeps at it, swishing her legs in time with each other instead of splitting and kicking like usual. She gets into a rhythm, and the water seems to flow past her more fluidly, with less drag than she's used to.

Now, why didn't I go out for the swim team? she thinks. She glides along smoothly, heading away from the waterfall, and her concerns float away... Maybe she should get her bearings once again? She didn't really have any plans, and she didn't know where this river headed, in either direction, and she's only headed back toward where she woke up... How did she even get here?

Lily should find that she barely has to come up for all. In fact, when she swims as her reflexes tell her, she stays submerged under water for incredible lengths of time. The thought that she'd need to breathe air just seems strange.

Lily can hear a shooting sound from the direction of the waterfall as if something fairly large is rocketed upward.*
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Zilla » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Lily feels a little scared of the sound of something shooting up in the waterfall... What in the world could it be? Part of her is curious, though another part is afraid of what could possibly have made that sound. She carefully spins in the water, turning to see what could possibly have been there. She adopts a flighty stance, but lets the current carry her toward the waterfall to investigate. She's ready to bolt at a moment's notice, however.

She has so much on her mind that she is hardly aware of her instincts changing. It seems natural to swim underwater now, so that's what she does. She has more pressing issues occupying her forebrain to dwell on it.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Lee gasped for breath and opened his eyes, then quickly shut them as he noticed he was in the air. "Oh god this is gonna hurt this is gonna hurt!" He covered his head and tucked in to try to cushion the landing, wherever he was gonna land.
Do as I say, but not as I do.
It's perfectly safe, so keep going.
Follow me close, but not too close.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:15 pm

"Oh great... ", she muttered. Her lips pressed into a line as she seemed to make a decision she'd rather not have to. Drawing a deep breath, she wriggled her bottom forward and dropped down from the opening, her black skirt thankfully made of a snug enough material that it didn't fly up as she fell, and hoped that whatever the boy had been bouncing on would break her fall...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Marky » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:32 pm

[quote="Windyuki"*Drew barely succeeds at grabbing on and almost tears his arm out of its socket. Climbing into the hole itself proves a little more challenging as it's exceedingly tight on Drew's hips.

Likewise, pulling out of the dark hole would be a problem.* [/quote]

Drew grimaces and yelps out in a bit of pain as his arm is almost torn out of its socket. As he climbs up into the hole, itself, he blinks and frowns as he finds the hole tight on his hips. "Damn...didn't think I gained that much weight recently..." He grumbles as he struggles to get deeper into the dark hole, figuring that going back would be kinda futile and be worse than trying to go forward now.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Vomica » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:47 pm

*Ryan sinks in even deeper this time, almost to his waist. The goop is really, really itchy by this point, but there's only one more mushroom to jump to before he can reach the ground!*

The man gives a grunt and a groan, "...stupid crap keeps..." He struggles out of the mushroom, and heaves himself onto the top of the toadstool. He huffs for air... he might be in decent shape, but upper body strength was never his strong suit. He looks down at his pajama bodies, "...great they are ruined..." Finding himself idly scratching his leg, "...this stuff better not leave a rash... ...or worse."

Hearing the roar of the vortex in the back ground, he knows what he must do... the man gets to his feet... and makes the leap to the last shroom!
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Windyuki wrote:Keith Reilly wakes up. When did he wake up and how? Perhaps it has been a thousand years since he went to sleep. Certainly he did not go to sleep in this place, so why assume he went to sleep in this time. Regardless, he can hear the sound of a thousand ticking clocks. As he opens his bleary eyes, Keith Reley can see that he is surrounded by a thousand manic clocks. Each is sprinting around on a pair of legs, though not all the legs are the same. They seem to be fighting each other.

Kieth sits up and looks around. "Okay...I think I'm dreaming." After another look at the scene around him, he adds: "I think watching Back to the Future before going to bed might have been a bad idea." He scratches his head and carefully gets up on his feet, looking around. Since he's already decided he's dreaming, he decides to act as recklessly as possible. "Hey!" he calls, attempting to get the clocks' attention.

((Somehow I completely missed this back when it was posted, and in fact entirely until now))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Previous

Return to Roleplaying