The Maze: Part 1 Of Dreams and Nightmares

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: The Maze: Part 1 Of Dreams and Nightmares

Postby Windyuki » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Vomica wrote:
Ryan does the only thing a man should do when finding themselves in a world that doesn't make sense with weather that is likely to kill him...

...he panics and makes a jump for it! Hopefully the ground isn't too far down... or he lands on another mushroom. If he doesn't break anything he'll keep moving!

Ryan's feet sink deeply into the top of another spongy mushroom as he lands. He'll find it quite hard to pull them out, but it does seem to have absorbed most all the force of impact from the fall.

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Hannah let out a suprise gasp as the reflection actually grabbed her by the hand, and pulled her downwards, "What the... Let go!", she yelled. Not expecting such a thing, she didn't have much time to try and grab on, and was tugged into the mirror head first, her bottom and legs flipping over and disappearing into the mirror with the rest of herself.

Hannah finds herself in the same room, but it seems somewhat... bigger. Also, the mirror through which she was dragged is blank now.

Zilla wrote:Swimming seems a lot easier, now that she's gotten her senses about her and isn't floundering like a mad woman. It'd been years since she'd last been swimming... not since her friend Kaylee's 18th birthday party. Thankfully, she had had quite a few lessons during her childhood, which was probably why she had been able to keep herself from drowning. Thank you Mr. Larson! She is oblivious to the ease of her swimming, though she's never swam in a fast-moving body of water before to know how hard it is.

It keeps getting easier, the more she swims. Pulling herself onto dry land should be quite difficult, almost as if her legs don't want to cooperate.

Marky wrote:
Windyuki wrote:And Drew hits the ground and bounces back high into the air. It would seem that he's on some sort of massive trampoline.

Drew blinkblinks in confusion as he suddenly bounces back up into the air, before looking down, spotting the massive trampoline of sorts. "What the...?" He says as he flies back into the air, looking up to see what he can see for a moment, before attempting to try and slowly stop his bouncing high into the air the next time he lands, trying to move away from where he bounced up the first time to at least try and get off of whatever the hell he's on!

As Drew gets closer, he can notice that, while the left half of the waterfall flows downward like normal, the right side goes right back up!
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Marky » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Windyuki wrote:As Drew gets closer, he can notice that, while the left half of the waterfall flows downward like normal, the right side goes right back up!

((Wait...what? Waterfall? XD))

Drew blinkblinks at the waterfall, trying to...somehow make his way toward the left half of it that flows downward, definitely not wanting to go back up anytime soon.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zilla » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Lily drifts along the shoreline, looking for an easy place to get out. It doesn't seem like there's any real disembarking place that she can find, but now that she's got a little more control of the situation, she isn't as concerned with getting out of the water. She guides herself along, flowing with the current.

(Am I in a cave, out on a river, or... what? What's around me?)
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Vomica » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:35 am

Ryan listens to the air whistling by his ears as he falls the several lengths that he does. For a moment, the terror of waking up in an alien world with a giant life destroying vortex behind him is forgotten for a second. ...then he crashes through the fungal top of the mushroom. He curses underneath his breath, then murmurs "...at least I didn't break a leg. ...I just have to..." With that he grabs one of his pajama pant legs, and gives it a good tug! Give his feet freedom or give him... well he doesn't really know. Maybe being devoured by a tornado instead?
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Landing on her chest against another mirrored surface, Hannah looks around in confusion, before looking back at the blank pane she'd been dragged through. Noticing things seemed a little bigger, she crawled towards another of the reflections, and knocked her knuckles against the surface. "Hey, is there anyone in there?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Roggamer22 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:37 pm

(Um... I... You forgot me. >_>; )
Do as I say, but not as I do.
It's perfectly safe, so keep going.
Follow me close, but not too close.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Windyuki » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Roggamer22 wrote:(Um... I... You forgot me. >_>; )

(Oops! The reply targetted at Drew was yours, just switched the posts by accident.))
Marky wrote:
Windyuki wrote:As Drew gets closer, he can notice that, while the left half of the waterfall flows downward like normal, the right side goes right back up!

((Wait...what? Waterfall? XD))

Drew blinkblinks at the waterfall, trying to...somehow make his way toward the left half of it that flows downward, definitely not wanting to go back up anytime soon.

(Gah. That was meant for Lee, not you. >.> Pretend that didn't happen. Sorry.)

As Drew bounces once more, he can spot what seem to be holes on the wall, large enough for him to fit inside.. if he wanted to risk grabbing on and pulling himself in. Likewise, by trying to control his landing, he is able to decrease the height of his next bounce dramatically, though this could still take a while to stop.

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Landing on her chest against another mirrored surface, Hannah looks around in confusion, before looking back at the blank pane she'd been dragged through. Noticing things seemed a little bigger, she crawled towards another of the reflections, and knocked her knuckles against the surface. "Hey, is there anyone in there?".

There isn't any response, but in the place where she was dragged through, Hanna can see what seems to be a latch of some sort.

Zilla wrote:Lily drifts along the shoreline, looking for an easy place to get out. It doesn't seem like there's any real disembarking place that she can find, but now that she's got a little more control of the situation, she isn't as concerned with getting out of the water. She guides herself along, flowing with the current.

(Am I in a cave, out on a river, or... what? What's around me?)

Lilly's surroundings seem to be a soft grassland, full of air... disgusting air that moves disgusting weird blades of grass and soft pine trees.... Neither of which is a proper plant at all, unlike, say, kelp or sponges... And sponges aren't even a plant! Why, grass must be a really terrible plant to lose out to one that isn't even an actual plant.

Presently, Lilly may wonder where this strange preference for aquatic things is coming from. She may also presently notice that the river seems to be heading for a rather large waterfall, which explains that sound quite nicely!

Vomica wrote:Ryan listens to the air whistling by his ears as he falls the several lengths that he does. For a moment, the terror of waking up in an alien world with a giant life destroying vortex behind him is forgotten for a second. ...then he crashes through the fungal top of the mushroom. He curses underneath his breath, then murmurs "...at least I didn't break a leg. ...I just have to..." With that he grabs one of his pajama pant legs, and gives it a good tug! Give his feet freedom or give him... well he doesn't really know. Maybe being devoured by a tornado instead?

Ryan's feet come out, but are covered in some slimy yellow gunk that seems to just suck into his skin, dying his pants and shoes a bright yellow. In short, it's rather vile.

The tornado sounds loom closer.

Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Zilla » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Lily muses at how the first thing she noticed were the strange and gross plants around her, but her musings are cut off as her fears were confirmed. She's heading toward a waterfall!

Lily is no longer content to just drift along with the current. She does the only sensible thing and swims against it, swimming with all she's got. One part of her mind is still dwelling on the thoughts of kelp, sponges, seaweed and such... Why are those things popping up in her head now?
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Turning around, Hannah looked back over the blank panel, and her brow furrowed slightly with a frown as she saw the latch. Crawling closer to it, she reached out with one hand, her fingers trying to grasp at the latch and pull it open...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Roggamer22 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:06 pm

(XP)

Lee stared at the strange waterfall, rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. "Huh... strange..." He walked over to the right side of the waterfall, watching it defy gravity and go upwards. It must have been a mirage but... one way to check. He carefully reached his hand into the upwards water.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Windyuki » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Zilla wrote:Lily is no longer content to just drift along with the current. She does the only sensible thing and swims against it, swimming with all she's got. One part of her mind is still dwelling on the thoughts of kelp, sponges, seaweed and such... Why are those things popping up in her head now?

The current is resisted with increasing ease... even as Lily begins to find ways to swim better. If she moves her legs from side to side like a tail she seems to be quite successful.

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Turning around, Hannah looked back over the blank panel, and her brow furrowed slightly with a frown as she saw the latch. Crawling closer to it, she reached out with one hand, her fingers trying to grasp at the latch and pull it open...

It opens! Outside, Hannah can see what seems to be a deep pit. There is someone bouncing on it below.

Roggamer22 wrote:(XP)

Lee stared at the strange waterfall, rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. "Huh... strange..." He walked over to the right side of the waterfall, watching it defy gravity and go upwards. It must have been a mirage but... one way to check. He carefully reached his hand into the upwards water.

It pulls his hand up with surprising force! Lee could probably use this to ascend, but the water feels rather tingly on Lee's hand for some reason.

Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Postby Vomica » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Ryan's feet come out, but are covered in some slimy yellow gunk that seems to just suck into his skin, dying his pants and shoes a bright yellow. In short, it's rather vile.

The tornado sounds loom closer.

Ryan grimances slightly, and mutters "...yuck. ...hopefully I can scrub this stuff off later..." And then the sound of a rampaging train draws louder! Great! The man quickly scrambles once more! ...trying to get as much distance as he can. Leaping to another mushroom if he can. It's not like he can take shelter. The vortex is devouring the mushrooms!
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Roggamer22 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Lee acks and pulls his hand out of the water, looking at it. "Huh... Guess I should have expected that... Felt kind of... odd, though... Then again, upwards water so I shouldn't be surprised..." He looked up. "...One way to find out what's up there!" He dove into the upwards current, holding his breath and shutting his eyes.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Windyuki wrote:(Gah. That was meant for Lee, not you. >.> Pretend that didn't happen. Sorry.)

As Drew bounces once more, he can spot what seem to be holes on the wall, large enough for him to fit inside.. if he wanted to risk grabbing on and pulling himself in. Likewise, by trying to control his landing, he is able to decrease the height of his next bounce dramatically, though this could still take a while to stop.

((Alrighty.))

Drew blinks in a bit of confusion as he passes by the holes in the wall. "Huh..." He says, falling down past them, before bouncing up once again. Deciding to react this time, he tries his best to grab on to one and pull himself in when he reaches the apex of his bounce.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zilla » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:15 pm

Frightened Lily is swimming her heart out, trying to get away from the rushing sound of water cascading over a cliff. In her desperation, she momentarily forgets her lessons, and seems to be moving in a way she hadn't really done before. It seems to work quite well, and she keeps at it, swishing her legs in time with each other instead of splitting and kicking like usual. She gets into a rhythm, and the water seems to flow past her more fluidly, with less drag than she's used to.

Now, why didn't I go out for the swim team? she thinks. She glides along smoothly, heading away from the waterfall, and her concerns float away... Maybe she should get her bearings once again? She didn't really have any plans, and she didn't know where this river headed, in either direction, and she's only headed back toward where she woke up... How did she even get here?
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying