Elimination Game/Battle of Wits: OOC: Sign-up

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Elimination Game/Battle of Wits: OOC: Sign-up

Postby Windyuki » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:11 pm

A legendary detective, a casual sleuth with a unique talent at recognizing patterns, someone who wins the lottery, or even a master criminal who can't be caught. Be it luck, skill, talent, intuition or whatever, someone has sent out invitations to those with abilities to guess the truth, inviting them to a party. You are one of them. The circumstances are obviously suspicious, but you have your reasons for going to the small island in the middle of the night.

And then your strange host announces a game. One wolf let loose amongst the sheep. Only when the majority choose a culprit can the culprit be removed from play. However, that alone is not enough to end the strange game. All that happens is another culprit is chosen and continues the cycle. When only one victim remains, then the victor has been decided, and the spoils of the night go to him.

How this will work: Inspired by series such as Doubt and the classic closed room murder mysteries, as well as the game Mafia, one of the players will be selected to transform the others with a few limitations. The RP, slightly different from the usual, will proceed in phases.

Phase 1: The parties. Your host holds daily parties
Phase 2: The Accusation: When several players declare their intent to accuse, the party ends and the accusation is made. If the majority of players decide on a 'culprit' that culprit is transformed. It is then revealed whether the players guessed correctly or not.
Phase 3: This involves only two players a round, and will be conducted through PM (or preferably IRC/AIM/etc.) When the party ends, everyone must return to his or her room. The culprit chooses a victim and transforms them in private.

At the start of the next phase one, the victim makes (presumably) her debut in the party, and the guessing resumes. When a 'wolf' is caught, a new one is chosen. From this perspective, catching the culprit is not so much about saving yourself from them, but gaining the ability to become the culprit yourself (Who has a huge advantage in the game.)

Those transformed by the group are bound by whatever mental transformations the group imposes (Pick a TF when you pick a possible culprit), while those transformed by an individual are fundamentally incapable of disobeying that individual. They're welcome to stop playing or keep in the game. If the murderer who transforms a player is caught, that player may begin voting again to guess the new killer, but otherwise retains their transformed state.

Character Name: (Include any titles.)
Description: (What they look like.)
Personality: (self evident)
Quick History: (Why they'd be selected. Not much effort required here.)
TFs you like/Dislike: (Pretty standard)
1-3 reasons this character would accept being the mantle of culprit: (Something as simple as greed, fear of being transformed, etc. works, but more complex reasons are fun too. No need to use the reason that character would actually accept, just a possible motivation for the character.)
IRC/AIM/ETC: Any good way to contact or work with you for any action in phase 3 that wouldn't hold up the whole rp so much?
Appointed Spammister Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Officially Elected Overlord of Muffinville.
Windyuki
Something Unusual
Something Unusual

Re: Elimination Game/Battle of Wits: OOC: Sign-up

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Character Name: Katherine Jones

Description: A rather attractive brown-eyed young woman, in her mid twenties, with long, thick brown curls of hair. She has a tall, slim frame, with a large chest, and long, sleek legs.

Personality: Despite an appearance that some would call sexy, Katherine is very much a nerd. She loves comic books and detective novels, and has taken it upon herself to become a part-time detective, on top of her job as a full-time secretary at a city law firm.

Quick History: No doubt her frequent ads in the local newspaper for her services as a detective have been noticed, either that, or her regular murder mystery parties which she hosts at her tiny apartment for friends she's met on internet forums.

TFs you like/Dislike: As most of you know, I'm a big fan of AR. When starting as a female character, as I prefer, it's the only real TF I enjoy too, although I'd like to think it still leaves a lot of room for variety. I can enjoy any age from fourteen down, fine with mental changes, or none at all, and there's still as many stereotypes you can use with AR as there is for male to female TG :) (I don't mind if the AR was enough to let her keep playing, or extreme enough to stop further participation, and she'd have to simply watch)

Reasons to accept being the Culprit:

While Katherine loves being the one to figure out a case, she can also get enjoyment from studying others as they work on a case too, and of course, if a particularly good sleuth was spotted, she could always suggest they team up.

I'm always on MSF IRC, and use MSN.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Return to Roleplaying