Temple of Transformation IC

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Temple of Transformation IC

Postby Kether » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Deep in the heart of a forgotten Jungle legend speaks of a temple known only as the Tribunal of the Goddesses, the natives of the area avoid it like a plague as whatever ancient people constructed this temple were so proficient and deadly that none have ever return, it is considered litterally a deathtrap by those who dwell nearest it and even they give it some distance believing in its dark curse*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Temple of Transformation IC

Postby Miku-chan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:03 pm

*A sound like that of a electric motor can be heard slowly getting louder and louder as a line of somewhat local Sherpas and a bevvy of camera and tech people parade thru the forest. The local guide suddenly stops and calls out to the others carrying the adventureing groups gear..."What the bloody dragon do you mean this is as far as you go." comes the roaring voice of a heavy man with balding red hair. The whirr of his all terain people mover gains in volume as he rushes towards the lead guide...
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Riding on a jeep was a man with a cowboy hat. He was driving with one arm while using his other hand to hold on to his hat to keep it from flying off. He was riding on bumpy jungle terrain as he was making his way to the temple.

"This will be fun," said Marco heading towards the temple with high expectations. Nobody has made it out of the temple which means the treasures inside it were very valuable.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm

High above the canopy of the jungle, the roar of a plane can be heard. Normally serving as a tour guide to rich dentists on Safari, this time it had quite a different goal. On it, Dashwood speaks into his collar mounted microphone audio journal.

"Dashwood. February Twelfth. After paying the Bushwhack pilot a modest sum and autographing the side of his plane, he has agreed to air drop me into the nearest clearing to the temple. This should give me a jump on the competition... but make my extraction more difficult. As the nearest landing zone is on a mesa a few miles away. But a strong opening is everything! And let it never be said that Herbert Dashwood was outplayed on an opening move!"

He then thanks his pilot, reminding him to rendevous at the mesa at the end of the day, or every noon afterwards. Then takes his paraglider... opening the door and jumping out into fresh air! His ride is smooth... giving him a good view of the area. And even letting him spot a couple of the jeeps as he smirks... swooping over them and beyond... eventually landing in a clearing by the temple entrance. He unhooks himself and sets out!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 pm

*Elsewhere, Hawk pushes his way through the jungle on foot, his car having broken down a short way back.* This... had better... be worth it...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 pm

The heavy man hears the plane and looks up just in time to see Dashwood jump out..."Oh no housing Dashwood, this is my find." he hits a switch and the speed of his people mover triples. He quickly gains on Dashwood and overtakes him as he starts to land..."See you in the cable Listings Trashwood" He laughs as he quickly rolls down the trail to the temple...
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Blindsense » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 pm

The Tribunal of the Goddesses... The 'cursed' temple had always been lauded as impenetrable by treasure hunters and explorers of both great and little renown.

Normally, Professor Kane had little interest in exploring for personal gain - he rarely went after a target unless he had been offered some sort of payment. But this place... It was different, somehow. Everyone knew where the place was - there was no challenge in finding the temple itself. It was the Tribunal's supposed impenetrability that fascinated Aiden. Ever since the War, the one-armed professor had sought the ultimate thrill - a thrill that he felt this expedition might just be able to provide.

He arrived by foot, his lone arm swinging his trademark kukri about, cutting away the foliage surrounding the grove that contained the temple. He saw signs of other explorers here as well - a low-flying plane overhead, and a loud off-road vehicle nearby. He cared little for their motives - they were welcome to the treasure, if there was one. He simply wanted to discover what lay inside.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Dashwood smirks... taking out a grappling gun and firing it at the all-terrain-chair. It locks around the bumper, the cord going taut just as Dashwood secures the line to a tree.

The chair jerking to a halt, Dashwood... Dashes up and past the stalled man. "Maybe next time, tubby." He smirks, his teeth glinting in the light... as he runs past and to the temple!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 pm

*as the various groups get closer more advanced technological bits seem to short out, the temple proper appears as a gleaming unknown metal*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Marco was taking a break from driving to check his iPhone to see how close he was going but noticing it was shorting out. He laughed and guessed that this was unfortunate.

"This sucks but I guess I am doing this the old fashion way," said Marco as he began to drive towards the temple and soon he stopped as he got close to it. He could see though the trees some sort of metal the gleamed in the sun. He got off his jeep and decided to walk the rest of the way there.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Blindsense » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:34 pm

The sudden lack of technology goes unnoticed by Kane - and likely would until either someone brought it to his attention or he checked his phone. He simply continues onward, idly spinning the blade in his hand. The others were getting closer... He really didn't want to deal with amateurs and fools, but avoiding all of them certainly seemed unlikely at this point.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:37 am

Dashwood dosent notice the short out... unless it happens to blow out his audio diary. Which he starts up as he jogs towards the temple proper, looking for an entrance.

"February" *pant* "Twelfth... same day. Making my way towards the temple." *huff puff* "Outclassed an overweight man trying to get the drop on Dashwood!" He chuckles out of breath. "He didnt stand a chance." *pant* "Temple outer wall looks to be metal. Oddly advanced for something reportedly ancient." *brief breather* "Expect to make one hell of a find inside."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:19 pm

*As he approaches the temple, Hawk pulls out his GPS to confirm his locatin... then sees that it's on the fritz.* This really isn't my day...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 am

*Cory feels the cable stop his vehicle. As Dashwood runs forward, he fires a electrified heavy net that quickly tangles the man, But as the EMP or whatever it is takes out the tech, the net only tangles Dashwood in it's metallic cable mesh, failing to shock the man as planned..." what the ...stupid piece of junk, I paid 3 grand for that specializes tiger net." sees the indicators for his people mover are dead as well. He tries to radio his team thru his headset..."Crap...guys, the reinforced stuff died already, gonna need to go in on foot from here. Get what data you can and radio me in a hour. I got a bird , and a trash heap to deal with in the meantime as well. And tell Connor his stuff failed already as well." he grouses and starts to head in on foot, pulling a walking staff off the people mover...
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Dashwood hears the godmodding net whirling towards him... rolling to the ground and back up in a moment as the net tangles itself on a bush! Poor bush. He continues on in a moment... after flashing a smug grin at Cory.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying