The Demons of Watchwood Forest 2

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

The Demons of Watchwood Forest 2

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:26 pm

((The Second coming! Refer to the sign-up sheet for various links and such... you shouldn't be posting here unless you have seen that anyway.))

Trumpets sound through the Nobles District of Overwatch. It has just struck eleven, the sun is high in the sky. Over by the Arena, the streets hang thick with banners and decorations. On a platform outside the Arena a herald stands, reading from a scroll. His clear voice rings out through the district.

"Prospective heroes of Watchwood! King Arleigh IX invites you once again to the Arena! There you will face a series of challenges, the reward for which being the King's blessing to take part in the saving of our fair land! And of course the chance to win riches beyond your wildest dreams should you succeed!"

The district does its best to hype up excitement... in the center of the Noble's District, the Arena sits. In other cities, having an Arena in a 'posh' section of the city would be ludicrous. But Watchwood is not like other cities. And every Noble family is expected, and even required, to fund and lead a unit of the Watchwood Militia. Needless to say... the swords and armor decorating the houses of the Nobles of Overwatch are dented, notched, and no doubt have long stories behind every piece. There is no room for useless ornamentation in Watchwood.

However... unlike the busy hubbub that had surrounded the first tournament... the scene is much more... somber. The officials act as if nothing is amiss... and the message spread out across the Empire just simply states that the King of Watchwood is hosting another tournament. But the locals talk... and the memory of the dark turn the first Arena Tournament took is still fresh in everyone's minds. Where the Demons of Watchwood Forest invaded the city... to let those champions who had come know who REALLY ruled the misty forests that surround the city on all sides.

But people outside of Watchwood dismiss such talk as idle fantasy conjured by scared locals. Though in the Last Inn Under the Sun by the main, and only road into Watchwood from the outside... the talk is quieter. And prospective adventurers are warned to travel by day... stop at every inn along the road before nightfall... and for the Divine's sake... turn back if you are not serious.

Meanwhile... in the dead of night, James finds himself next to a fire. A group of travelers he met by chance on the roads his temporary companions. Things seemed decent enough... until they were set upon by demon possessed wolves. It looked bad for the group, until six cloaked men stood up to erect a magical barrier around the campfire. As the wolves bash themselves on the barrier, he asks one of the folk inside the circle with him how long his protectors can keep the ward up.

The man smiles. "All night, lad. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be very good Wardens, would they?"

One of them pulls out a crossbow, putting a bolt through the neck of a wolf. The creature snarls... lashing back at the barrier. But another bolt through the eye puts an end to it... as it collapses into ash... red mist leaking out of it and forming into a ball. The nearest warden gestures towards it, and a brief *thwomp!* rips through the air. There is a screech, as the collecting red mist turns black and dissolves into the ash.

Jame's companion raises an eyebrow at this. "Damn good Wardens at that. Normally the demons just escape... go for whatever is nearest an throw 'emselves back at the wall. Guess we got more than our money's worth out a these ones."

Meanwhile! In a dark tower, the abode of a demon of Lust, things are looking grim for the Paladin Ginny! Her friend Nevrina has been seduced, possessed, and transformed into the demon's new body! And the demon is once again using her dark charms... this time on the Paladin. Ducking into her guard, the intoxicating woman began kissing her... transferring her essence into the Paladin. Soon Ginny's lusts and desires began increasing... and she willingly began kissing the demon back. Unless she can control herself... it looks like she is done for.

On top of her, the demon smiles into the kiss, caressing the woman warrior. Even through her armor, she can feel her body tingle at the demoness's touch, increasing the pleasure pouring into her. Her body begins to glow softly purple... as her forehead and the base of her spine itches. Logically Ginny realizes she is entering the late stages of demonic corruption... but her body craves more, rebelling against her mind. Still liplocked, she can hear the demon's honeyed voice in her mind. "Soon, my dear... you will be mine... body and soul." A growing part of her finds no alarm at this statement... but takes pleasure in it. Being dominated by the demon would be wonderful... wouldn't it?

((Anyone else who wishes to continue... if I missed you for some reason or you come back later (I'm looking at you, Brnin8r)... give a shout!))
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: The Demons of Watchwood Forest 2

Postby Blindsense » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 pm

The young man glances up from his dusty tome occasionally, his eyes scanning the crowd around him as the herald's cries echo throughout the Arena square. Well, then, he muses to himself as the crowd around him revels in the excitement of a newly-announced tournament, that's... An intriguing opportunity. I may just have to partake in this little escapade. He closes the tome, a puff of dust rising from the pages as the heavy, leather-bound covers crash together, and holsters it before walking up to a rugged-looking man standing near the front of the crowd.

"Excuse me, sir," he calls out pleasantly in an attempt to get the man's attention - he was a burly fellow with wiry muscles and a good few battle scars. Had Nergal been perusing the local riff raff at a shady bar, he would likely have pegged this man as some sort of chief rabble-rouser, or another such unscrupulous fellow. Today, however, he was simply a valid source of information. "I apologize for bothering you, but I fear I missed the details in the herald's fine declaration. Where are the, ah, prospective heroes to report, if we are in such a mind as to enter this little tournament?"
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 pm

James quirks an eyebrow as the Warden destroys the demon possessing the wolf. With a shrug, he takes out his small bow and fires at one of the beasts.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 am

Ginny was sprawled on her back, her long, pale blonde hair spread out beneath her. Her majestic sword and shield lay on the ground, her gold and silver armour doing nothing to protect her from the seduction. Hungrily, she returned the kisses to the woman that lay on top of her in the body of her best friend. With her gauntlets thrown to the ground, her delicate hands were free to caress the body of the demon, and did so excitedly. She was short of breath, her chest heaving up and down inside the heavy breastplate, her eyes closed as she gave in entirely, overcome by lust, "Nev...", she murmured as they kissed.
Last edited by Harri-chan on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Vomica » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 am

In one random tavern out of the multitudes of such establishments in the region, sits a lone grizzled man in a corner. Inspecting the blade of the dagger he holds idly, he mulls over his decision... why did he agree to this? Why did he come here? He shakes his head, responding to his own thoughts with 'Because a summon was sent out. I was needed'. Something still felt off though -- something rather wrong about it all. He was a logical man, however he escaped more then one ambush in the past things to his gut... ...and it's certainly not upset from the cooking. Maybe. The fish was a bit old.

Taking a deep breath he sheaths the blade and finishes his ale. As if it were the last time he'd ever sit in a chair, he stands rather reluctantly. His dark cloak swishes as he gets to his feet, the fabric nearly matching that of his other thick travel ward clothing. Pulling his hood down forward over his scarred face, he gives the bar tender one more coin for a tip. Then with that slips out of the door.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Blindsense wrote:The young man glances up from his dusty tome occasionally, his eyes scanning the crowd around him as the herald's cries echo throughout the Arena square. Well, then, he muses to himself as the crowd around him revels in the excitement of a newly-announced tournament, that's... An intriguing opportunity. I may just have to partake in this little escapade. He closes the tome, a puff of dust rising from the pages as the heavy, leather-bound covers crash together, and holsters it before walking up to a rugged-looking man standing near the front of the crowd.

"Excuse me, sir," he calls out pleasantly in an attempt to get the man's attention - he was a burly fellow with wiry muscles and a good few battle scars. Had Nergal been perusing the local riff raff at a shady bar, he would likely have pegged this man as some sort of chief rabble-rouser, or another such unscrupulous fellow. Today, however, he was simply a valid source of information. "I apologize for bothering you, but I fear I missed the details in the herald's fine declaration. Where are the, ah, prospective heroes to report, if we are in such a mind as to enter this little tournament?"

The muscular man turns to look at Nergal, raising one side of his bushy monobrow. "Humph... at tha Arena O' course. Where do ya think?"

Blaze wrote:James quirks an eyebrow as the Warden destroys the demon possessing the wolf. With a shrug, he takes out his small bow and fires at one of the beasts.

This battle goes on for a few hours... a few of the rage demons escape, but eventually the attacks end. The Wardens turn and sit down next to the fire, going back to their meals as if nothing had happened. James's companion claps one of them on the shoulder. "Good on ya! Ye will be gettin' a bonus fer that one." The Warden looks over, replying simply. "It is not needed. It is our duty to guard against the corrupted souls." The man insists. "Duty or not, was mighty good seein those things die. A bonus ye will have. As long as ye put it to work." The Warden shrugs and turns back to his meal. "Very well..."

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Ginny was sprawled on her back, her long, pale blonde hair spread out beneath her. Her majestic sword and shield lay on the ground, her gold and silver armour doing nothing to protect her from the seduction. Hungrily, she returned the kisses to the woman that lay on top of her in the body of her best friend. With her gauntlets thrown to the ground, her delicate hands were free to caress the body of the demon, and did so excitedly. She was short of breath, her chest heaving up and down inside the heavy breastplate, her eyes closed as she gave in entirely, overcome by lust, "Nev...", she murmured as they kissed.

The lust comes to a peak, as the tingle intensifies on her forehead and the base of her spine. A purple sigil appears, glowing brightly on her forehead. A matching one on the base of her spine. These were Marks of Domination, formed by demonic energy infused into human victims. The one on the forehead allowing the demon to influence her mind... the other allowing her to influence her body. The demon in Nevrina's body smiles, pulling back slightly. "Well its done... your mine now, little Paladin... how do you feel?"

Vomica wrote:In one random tavern out of the multitudes of such establishments in the region, sits a lone grizzled man in a corner. Inspecting the blade of the dagger he holds idly, he mulls over his decision... why did he agree to this? Why did he come here? He shakes his head, responding to his own thoughts with 'Because a summon was sent out. I was needed'. Something still felt off though -- something rather wrong about it all. He was a logical man, however he escaped more then one ambush in the past things to his gut... ...and it's certainly not upset from the cooking. Maybe. The fish was a bit old.

Taking a deep breath he sheaths the blade and finishes his ale. As if it were the last time he'd ever sit in a chair, he stands rather reluctantly. His dark cloak swishes as he gets to his feet, the fabric nearly matching that of his other thick travel ward clothing. Pulling his hood down forward over his scarred face, he gives the bar tender one more coin for a tip. Then with that slips out of the door.

He slips out of the door into the Commoners District of Overwatch! The main capitol of Watchwood. On either side of the street he is on, vendors hawk wares, a few women of questionable clothing yell out directions to various establishments which may or may not have more for sale than items. The city opens up to him! He could take a look around... head to the Arena and see what all the fuss is about... or head out of the city gates and out into the forest! The world is his bivalve mollusk!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Ginny lay there, panting for breath, a horrified look on her face at how easily she'd lost control of herself. Dragging the back of her hand across her lips, she winced. "Done? What is done?", she muttered, the sections of her armour shifted against eachother. "I... ", she started to share her feelings, but... they were confusing. She felt terrible for what she'd done, but she also wanted more of it. There was a look of fear in her eyes as she briefly glanced at the Demon woman, and then away again. "No... I can't do this... I came here to slay you, and slay you I shall... ", she said, reaching over to grasp her sword from the floor.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blindsense » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:47 pm

The muscular man turns to look at Nergal, raising one side of his bushy monobrow. "Humph... at tha Arena O' course. Where do ya think?"

Nergal smiles a gentlemanly smile, bowing in thanks to the man. "Ah, yes - forgive the foolish inquiries of a thoughtless traveler. Do you happen to know of those who are planning to participate in the tournament? I was hoping to meet some of them... Perhaps find work as a herald, or a squire. I -am- new in town, after all, and I might as well contribute to the local economy in times of crisis, aye?" Another flashed grin - as disarming as his polite and eloquent demeanor in a crowd of what Nergal understood to be commoners and rough-riders. In a town such as this, manners and etiquette could do one of two things - open doors or start street brawls. Honestly, the mage didn't much care which result he received at the moment - he would show cause enough for him to enter the tournament one way or another.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:30 pm

James sits down and returns to his meal as well as soon as the demons had been driven off. He was dripping with perspiration and rubbing his arm, not used to firing his bow so many times in a row without rest. He nods his thanks to the Warden and looks around at everyone.

"You deal with that often on the roads?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Ginny lay there, panting for breath, a horrified look on her face at how easily she'd lost control of herself. Dragging the back of her hand across her lips, she winced. "Done? What is done?", she muttered, the sections of her armour shifted against eachother. "I... ", she started to share her feelings, but... they were confusing. She felt terrible for what she'd done, but she also wanted more of it. There was a look of fear in her eyes as she briefly glanced at the Demon woman, and then away again. "No... I can't do this... I came here to slay you, and slay you I shall... ", she said, reaching over to grasp her sword from the floor.

The Demon's eyes alight with amusement. "Oh... still fire in you... good. This would be boring if you were totally passive..." She vanishes in a puff of purple smoke, reappearing on the bed, lounging. "But I would sheathe that sword if I were you, thrall. If you strike at your mistress I will have to... punish you." She speaks the last two words with relish.

Blindsense wrote:Nergal smiles a gentlemanly smile, bowing in thanks to the man. "Ah, yes - forgive the foolish inquiries of a thoughtless traveler. Do you happen to know of those who are planning to participate in the tournament? I was hoping to meet some of them... Perhaps find work as a herald, or a squire. I -am- new in town, after all, and I might as well contribute to the local economy in times of crisis, aye?" Another flashed grin - as disarming as his polite and eloquent demeanor in a crowd of what Nergal understood to be commoners and rough-riders. In a town such as this, manners and etiquette could do one of two things - open doors or start street brawls. Honestly, the mage didn't much care which result he received at the moment - he would show cause enough for him to enter the tournament one way or another.

The muscled man grunts in reply. "You be lookin' at Gol Bloodhammer. Descended from Grash Bloodhammer, founder o' Hammer Hill in the Watchwoods. I be here ta show tha foreign muck how we take care a things in the Watchwoods. And I'll be takin a piece a old Arleigh's plunder." He pauses, then continues. "If Gol aint enough for ye, the rest o' tha weaklings likely be shadowing tha Arena soon enough. I be headin there soon... if ye wish to follow."

Blaze wrote:James sits down and returns to his meal as well as soon as the demons had been driven off. He was dripping with perspiration and rubbing his arm, not used to firing his bow so many times in a row without rest. He nods his thanks to the Warden and looks around at everyone.

"You deal with that often on the roads?"

The Wardens smirk at that statement, one of them turning to the others and comment something in the same strange language as before... eliciting a chuckle from the rest. A somewhat shaken young man in the carravan group actually answers him. "Every night... nearly... in times past the Dark Lights would keep away if you made the right sacrifices... had a shaman to bless your caravan. But since the Church..." He goes silent... looking at one of the Wardens. The Warden nods slightly, then he continues. "The Church dosent let us pray to the spirits anymore... that makes them angry. Now even if you did break the law and pray to them... they would probably still eat you..."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Ginny tried to harden her face in a look of anger, but the way the Demon threatened to punish her caused a flick of lust to spread across her blue eyes, and she blushed. Climbing to her feet, she did indeed lift her sword, holding it at her side. "I don't know what you think you've accomplished here... but that was just a kiss, and a mistake at that. It doesn't mean anything... ", she said as she walked towards the foot of the bed.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Vomica » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:35 pm

He slips out of the door into the Commoners District of Overwatch! The main capitol of Watchwood. On either side of the street he is on, vendors hawk wares, a few women of questionable clothing yell out directions to various establishments which may or may not have more for sale than items. The city opens up to him! He could take a look around... head to the Arena and see what all the fuss is about... or head out of the city gates and out into the forest! The world is his bivalve mollusk!

The man is here for a reason. He is here to seek out what needs to be done. ...plus he knows how foolish it is to go into the forest. He's confident he could handle himself. Thusly he slips off towards the Arena. He flows through the crowd like liquid silver, easily moving faster then the traffic... and without bumping into anyone. His long cloak and large hat would point him out as not being a local townsperson, however he easily blends into the crowd.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blindsense » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 pm

The muscled man grunts in reply. "You be lookin' at Gol Bloodhammer. Descended from Grash Bloodhammer, founder o' Hammer Hill in the Watchwoods. I be here ta show tha foreign muck how we take care a things in the Watchwoods. And I'll be takin a piece a old Arleigh's plunder." He pauses, then continues. "If Gol aint enough for ye, the rest o' tha weaklings likely be shadowing tha Arena soon enough. I be headin there soon... if ye wish to follow."

"Ah, yes, that would be most appreciated. Thank you for your offer." Nergal couldn't help but smirk at the thought of this Bloodhammer - he certainly sounded like an interesting fellow, and clearly not particularly popular. This could work to his advantage in the long run, should he need to create a whipping boy for the public - or the church. "I shall simply follow you there - it would certainly be more practical than trying to find my way there myself."
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:00 pm

James listens attentively to the story, his mouth forming into a slight frown.

"Why didn't you just keep praying to the spirits anyway? Not like the Church is everywhere on the roads."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Ginny tried to harden her face in a look of anger, but the way the Demon threatened to punish her caused a flick of lust to spread across her blue eyes, and she blushed. Climbing to her feet, she did indeed lift her sword, holding it at her side. "I don't know what you think you've accomplished here... but that was just a kiss, and a mistake at that. It doesn't mean anything... ", she said as she walked towards the foot of the bed.

She smiles, the tips of her canine teeth poking down and resting on her plump, luscious lips. "Just a kiss... but you liked it... You cant hide something like that from me, dear..." She stretches languidly, then rests a hand on her ample chest and hips. "Would you like another? Or perhaps... more than a kiss?" She winks. She had plenty of control over the Paladin... much more than the woman knew... but teasing her was quite more fun.

Vomica wrote:
The man is here for a reason. He is here to seek out what needs to be done. ...plus he knows how foolish it is to go into the forest. He's confident he could handle himself. Thusly he slips off towards the Arena. He flows through the crowd like liquid silver, easily moving faster then the traffic... and without bumping into anyone. His long cloak and large hat would point him out as not being a local townsperson, however he easily blends into the crowd.

Following the signs, or getting directions, he finds himself soon enough in the Nobles District of the city! Visible over the hewn stone houses, the curve of the arena dominates the skyline. At least it wont be hard to find.

Blindsense wrote:
"Ah, yes, that would be most appreciated. Thank you for your offer." Nergal couldn't help but smirk at the thought of this Bloodhammer - he certainly sounded like an interesting fellow, and clearly not particularly popular. This could work to his advantage in the long run, should he need to create a whipping boy for the public - or the church. "I shall simply follow you there - it would certainly be more practical than trying to find my way there myself."

Gol nods. "Right. Wasted too much O' tha day anyways." With that he turns and marches off through the streets, parting the crowd in his wake. With his back turned, the mage could see a large warhammer strapped to Gol's back... radiating the unmistakable aura of enchantment. An old and powerful one, by the looks of it.

Blaze wrote:James listens attentively to the story, his mouth forming into a slight frown.

"Why didn't you just keep praying to the spirits anyway? Not like the Church is everywhere on the roads."

The men quiet down at this... James getting the feeling he touched on a bad subject. Finally one of them speaks up. "The King folded to tha Church. The Soul Killer Knights exiled from tha Overwatch. Tha Soul Killers went 'round every village... warnin em of the Church. The Shamans an Spirit Talkers... most of em left with 'em as they moved on. Tha rest keep low... they say the Chuch has spies in the towns." He shakes his head.

"Anyways... We aint got many left ta speak to tha spirits fer us. And those what try anyway find the Dark Lights aint of the mind to be swayed from their murder."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying