Potion Madness 3: Carnival of Change

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Potion Madness 3: Carnival of Change

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:54 am

OOC: Okay, here is the official thread for the RP.

Basic idea: One Saturday morning, for whatever reason, you decide to go to a local Amusement/fair grounds park. (Whether alone, or with other players is up to you.) Muffin Town, though oddly named, just opened up earlier that year, and is quickly becoming very popular. However, you picked a rather bad day to visit Muffin Town. Due to certain circumstances, Garath's potions have gotten out into the park. Merging with various locations, these locations are now enchanted to work various types of magic on whoever comes upon them. Many will fall victim to the dangers. Will you be one of them?

The Enchanted Places are as follows:
Girl's bathroom - Location: Off to the side of the park. Not many visitors.
Arcade - Location: Actually close by the enchanted girl's bathroom.
Haunted House - Location: Off to the opposite side of the park from the Arcade.
Hall of Mirrors - Location: In the back of the park
Popcorn Stand - Location: Near the front/entrance of the park.
Art Exhibition Hall - Location: Also near the back of the park.
Water Fountain - Location: Right outside the doors to the Art Hall.
Booth where you pop Balloons - Location: Around the center of the park. Where many rides and games can be found.
Fun House - Location: Rides/Games area. (Same place the Balloon Pop Booth is)
Tunnel of Love - Rides/Games area.
Carousel - Location: Rides/Games area.
Ice Cream Stand - Location: Rides Games Area.
Photo Booth - Location: Near the front of the park.
Gift Shop - Location: Right next to the Photo Booth.
Water Slide - Location: Around the Haunted House.
Roller Coaster - Location: Same area as the Haunted House.

How This Works: You will control your character obviously. It is encouraged to make plans with the other players for 'RP ideas' either before, or during the game.

You will RP checking out one of the 'Enchanted areas' which you have no idea are enchanted. Then I'll PM you what the thing does, and either you can RP it happening, or I can. I do warn you however, that a few TFs will require you to RP them. As some will take a bit longer to work then others.

The main rules can be found in the other thread for this game. Please make sure you are familiar with them before posting in this thread.

I will post a new message in this thread, officially starting the game later. Until then, please don't post in this thread. If you have any questions, either PM me or post them in the other thread for now.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Potion Madness 3: Carnival of Change

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 pm

OOC: I kinda thought people would have begun posting their characters in the other thread, but I guess it's slow on Saturday. When you do have a character, you should probably post a sheet in the other thread. You can even edit/update your post as the game goes on, so people will know who you are playing, and what has happened to them at all times, without having to read a bunch of posts. This should also allow people to hop right in, if they so desired.

I feel I should mention, that when I think of the park. I imagine myself looking at it from the front. The Girl's Bathroom would be on the right side of the park, and the Haunted House on the left. It's just the basic layout I have in my head, and it would probably be easier for me to have everyone follow that idea of the layout. If this doesn't make sense, just chalk it up to me rambling, and carry on. ^^;

One last thing before we begin: For those who remember how my potions work. I added a couple of different things in this game. So don't expect to know what all can occur. Also if you try a place, and the TF seems kinda obvious. I apologize, but sometimes I just had to go that way. ^^

IC: It was a bright Sunny Saturday Morning. Soon the park would be full of people eager for a day of fun and excitement. Garath was actually very hopeful of that fact, as he sat in a small little restaurant, not unlike a Melting Pot. (If you don't know what that is, it's the place you can dip stuff into chocolate and such. I've never actually been in one, but the basic idea of the place he's at, is you can do that sorta thing.)

He didn't like this, but it had to be done. Five years ago, his potions had caused quite the ruckus in a nearby collage. He had hoped the danger was over. Life sadly couldn't be that simple.

Sighing, he dipped his gram cracker into the pot of chocolate before taking a bite. The food was pretty good, and it was just the thing he needed to calm himself for the task at hand.

Some how his potions had gotten so out of hand, that some magical residue has remained behind. Normally this wouldn't mean too much, but something in the park had drawn the magic to this place. Instead of dissipating over time, it instead had begun to flux. Then for some odd reason, various parts of it had attached themselves to various locations of this park. Though not strong enough to actually do anything at first, as time went on, and with the constant traffic of people feeding it energy. (Hard to explain, but it has to do with emotions) The magic had finally stabilized into something working. Today it would become active.

These magics were very dangerous, but the flux of magic here was so chaotic, that Garath just couldn't get a good reading on exactly what was enchanted. He was also worried about just what had caused the magic to collect here in the first place...

In the end, he had to settle that his only option was to adopt a 'Wait and See' strategy. Until he saw a piece of magic work, he wouldn't be able to neutralize it. He only hoped he could keep the damage this magic did to a minimum. It'd be easy to fix most of the potions odd effects, but he could sense that some of this magic could do stuff he never programed his potions to do. This made things even more difficult as he wasn't sure he had the proper countermeasures. Though he suppose the white potion should still cancel out all other potions. He didn't want to take chances.

Unfortunately for all those attending the park that day. They weren't going to have Garath there to bail them out of the trouble that was about to brew. For you see Garath has an odd little side effect that he isn't aware of.

Whenever he eats a particular type of food, it causes a glitch in his systems. A glitch which leaves him in a position where he wouldn't have any idea what's going on.

It just so happened, that one of the things you could dip into the chocolate was this food. Which Garath just ate. Before he knew it, he felt that he really had to sneeze...

"Ah...Ah...AHCOO!"

And in a pink cloud of smoke, Garath was no longer there. In his place was a small girl looking to be about 12 years old.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/videomaster21XX/MSF%20Avatar%20pics/20051128-1133170234561.jpg

The girl, dressed in that dress, looked around really confused.

"Huh? Where is Yumiko now? Yumiko doesn't remember coming her- Ooo! Tasty things and chocolate to dip them in!" The rest of her concerns now out the window. Yumiko simply enjoyed what was in front of her.

The owners of the shop, thankfully, didn't see the transformation, and thanks to a small spell Garath had cast earlier. Neither did they question why they had a customer before the park officially opened.

Meanwhile, the gates to the park opened, ready to allow customers in. All the while with a staff of people unaware of what the day is about to bring...

OOC: The game has officially begun. Though I do want to mention a couple of other things.

1- You don't have to be a customer. You can be a staff member. It might be interesting.
2- In order to ride a ride, or play a game you MUST exchange tickets. Ticket booths are set up all over the park, however I will say that those who use the ticket booth next to the Arcade might find an extra surprise. Especially if they've played the other Potion Madness games...
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Caitlin had come to the park with her Mom and younger sister, but as she came out of the girl's bathroom, they were nowhere to be seen. Her long brown hair reached to her waist, but at the top it was covered by a green beanie hat pulled down low, almost to her glasses with their thick black frames. Along with it, she wore a green hoodie that was several sizes too large. A grey pleated skirt reached just passed mid-thigh, while her legs were covered with warm black tights, and she had green sneakers on her feet. "Great... ", she sighed. "They can't even wait for me to go the bathroom", she mutters, and starts to walk off. Figuring her ten year old sister had been eager to see the park, she decided that the childish attractions would be the more likely of places to find them.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Daniel enters the park with a big smile on his face. After the stress of mid-year exams, a little frivolity was exactly what he needed. Running his fingers through his hair, he takes a quick look around. With a spring in his step and his pockets full of the past few week's allowance, he heads towards the staple of all amusement parks: The roller coaster!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 pm

*Near the entrance to the park, Bryan is setting up shop at the popcorn stand, getting ready for his first customers.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Richard, wearing a blue-furred bear suit that honestly looked more horrifying than adorable, waddled around the Arcade area while trying his best not to faint from the foul human odor haunting the inside of his outfit. Dear lord, did a guy die in this or what!? It's unbearable!... Oh, ha ha, he made a terrible pun.

"I can't breath with this god forsaken thing on me... But if I take the hat off, my boss is going to fire me for sure." The unlucky man muttered to himself. "Just... Just gotta keep my cool. Gotta relax. If I do a good job, they'll have to promote me to a better position, right?... Right!?"
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Chris walks into the park his eyes keeping tab of all that's going on afterall if he's going to end up working here he has to know whats going on. Incase he liked the place and went to apply for a job he went rather well dressed, or atleast for his standards. He's wearing a long sleeve white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, some dark jeans with a black belt and some black dress shoes. His black hair is brushed back in a small pony tail held in place by some rubberband, some bangs are still covering his forehead, but hey, its better than nothing. His iPhone is hanging from his belt thanks to his otterbox holster, his right hand in his pocket where he kept his wallet and in his back pocket folded in 2 was a very crude resume. Hey, its something right?

Chris walks along passing by the girls bathroom and such headed for the rollercoaster, why not? He does also keep an eye on the girls around him too. AFterall he's single, poor guy. We'll atleast he's not the poor sucker in the suit at the arcade!
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 pm

"Here we go!" said Marco excitedly as he enter the park. He looked around a bit and wonder what ride he should get on first. "So many rides and things too see but this is just perfect for my little break between semesters."

Marco walked around a bit and knew that he had to get tickets but the problem was where. He remember somebody mentioning tickets to ride which seem a bit strange but if that was how this park works then what can he do about it.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:33 am

OOC: I'm going to assume those heading for rides already, have already bought tickets to them? Otherwise you can't ride them.

Also, for some reason I didn't think about people manning the booths that would have magic in them. So no one try and man the Balloon pop thing ok? The person manning that one has already been decided.

For those heading to the Roller Coaster, besides the person manning the thing, there doesn't seem to be anyone else there, as no line has yet formed...

Richard, wearing a blue-furred bear suit that honestly looked more horrifying than adorable, waddled around the Arcade area while trying his best not to faint from the foul human odor haunting the inside of his outfit. Dear lord, did a guy die in this or what!? It's unbearable!... Oh, ha ha, he made a terrible pun.

"I can't breath with this god forsaken thing on me... But if I take the hat off, my boss is going to fire me for sure." The unlucky man muttered to himself. "Just... Just gotta keep my cool. Gotta relax. If I do a good job, they'll have to promote me to a better position, right?... Right!?"

Most of the arcade games here were pretty old. Centipede, Galaga, Pac Man. You name the classics, they were here.

However one particular game seems to be malfunctioning. It's screen flickering. Though even odder, the cabinet itself has nothing on it. The game is a complete mystery...
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:59 am

"So I got my tickets now time for a ride," said Marco as he had a pocket filled with tickets. Still he looked around and felt a bit puzzled. He sighed and realized that he was lost and guess that he should look for a directory or something. Marco could see the Tunnel of Love and guess that maybe they could help him out. He walked in that direction seeing if there was somebody there manning the ride.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 am

Caitlin marched through the park with purpose, the pleated grey skirt swishing around her thighs. She'd not really wanted to come in the first place, but the rollercoasters had seemed like they'd be fun enough to balance out the rest. Her expression was rather annoyed as she gazed at the tall roller coasters in the distance, finding herself in the middle of the park. She started to head for the Fun House, when she noticed tickets were required, "Ugh... thanks a bunch, Mom", she muttered, digging out some change from her hoodie, and purchased her ticket. "I'm so claiming that back... ", she said to herself as she made her way into the Fun House.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 am

"So I got my tickets now time for a ride," said Marco as he had a pocket filled with tickets. Still he looked around and felt a bit puzzled. He sighed and realized that he was lost and guess that he should look for a directory or something. Marco could see the Tunnel of Love and guess that maybe they could help him out. He walked in that direction seeing if there was somebody there manning the ride.

As Marco approached (Someone yelled Polo! Oh I'm so clever!) he could see a young women, looking to be about 21, manning the ride. She wore the normal park uniform for all employees of the park. Black dress pants, with a black long sleeve dress shirt, with a white dress vest over the shirt. Her name tag read Lily, and she had purplish hair (for whatever reason) done in a ponytail. Though pony tail may not be the word for it, as it was done up that way on the right side of her head.

She looked rather bored, as the park was pretty empty, she didn't have anyone in her line yet. Upon seeing Marco begin to walk up she waved.

"Hey there, need help with anything? If you're looking to ride the tunnel though, ya gotta have someone with you. Sorry, but policy says no single person rides"

Caitlin marched through the park with purpose, the pleated grey skirt swishing around her thighs. She'd not really wanted to come in the first place, but the rollercoasters had seemed like they'd be fun enough to balance out the rest. Her expression was rather annoyed as she gazed at the tall roller coasters in the distance, finding herself in the middle of the park. She started to head for the Fun House, when she noticed tickets were required, "Ugh... thanks a bunch, Mom", she muttered, digging out some change from her hoodie, and purchased her ticket. "I'm so claiming that back... ", she said to herself as she made her way into the Fun House.

A man with short sliver-like hair manned this attraction. He wore the same park outfit all employee's wore. (Basically the same thing Lily has on, just not as feminine looking) His name tag read Jin. As Caitlin walked up, he gave a wave.

"Hello there, how may I help such a lovely lady like yourself today?"
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 am

Caitlin waved her ride ticket at the man as she approached him. "I'm with my Mom and my sister, but I lost them. I think my sister was probably too selfish to even wait for me to go to the bathroom. Have you seen a woman come through here with a girl that looks around ten? They have to be around here somewhere, my sister doesn't like the big rides".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:26 am

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:Caitlin waved her ride ticket at the man as she approached him. "I'm with my Mom and my sister, but I lost them. I think my sister was probably too selfish to even wait for me to go to the bathroom. Have you seen a woman come through here with a girl that looks around ten? They have to be around here somewhere, my sister doesn't like the big rides".

Jin shook his head.

"Nope, sorry Miss but I only got here about five minutes ago. There was a temp manning the Fun House until then, so they might be inside. Most of the people I've seen though have been heading for the main area. There were a few mothers with daughters. There aren't that many people this early in the morn, so one those groups may have been your mom and sis."
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:50 am

"Great... ", she sighed, handing over the ticket. "I'll look in here, and then head over there if I don't find them", she said, her shoulders slumping as she adjusted her glasses. "Thanks anyway", she said, waving her hand casually as she made her way into the fun house, "I just hope I don't see anyone from school... this would be awkward to explain".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to Roleplaying