Another Potion Madness RP?

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Another Potion Madness RP?

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Basically I'm asking if there would be interest in such a thing. I've got a random idea for one.

To simplify the story: It'd take place at a type of fair grounds/amusement/carnival type of place. Garath's potions would have gotten out into the place, but instead of random potions just lying around the place, something else has happened. Each potion has 'enchanted' a particular section of the place. Like say perhaps a potion that turns people into catgirls has enchanted a trash can, so now whenever someone throws something away in that trash can, they get an unexpected new body! (That's just an example, there are no enchanted trash cans in the actual game. :P)

I'd let you know all the places that are magicked ahead of time, but I wouldn't tell what they DO. So anyone playing could figure out which place they wanted to check out, and try and see what each place does as the game goes on. Of course one of the other things that would be encouraged would be to talk to the other players via PMs and decide on private RP ideas. Possibly setting events up with other characters.

I'd, like the last two times, be mainly overseeing the RP, while using NPCs to move along the story.

It's been a while since I tried this though, and the boards have been kinda slow, so I'm testing the waters first so to speak.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Another Potion Madness RP?

Postby Maiden Miki » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Sounds interesting and fun. Simple too so I be up for it I think.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Ookalf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:14 pm

I'd be interested, as well.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoey » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 pm

'I'd give it a shot
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Marky » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 pm

I'd be interested, as well.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

I'm all for it. The one in the college setting was fun, as well as the aftermath at the amusement park.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 am

Oh, I had good fun with your first tries on those. :) It's been ages since I've seen a roleplay on here where TG wasn't pretty much a requirement, so I'd be game for trying a revival of this. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby ZeroForever » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:14 am

seem interesting enough that i would drop a line, idea is board enough that it can fit most characters.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mendi-chan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:21 pm

I may be interested in this as well. Noticed some of the old ones in the archives and it seems as if these are quite entertaining.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Victorious » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Oh, I might give it a shot--sounds interesting.
Victorious
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Cool, looks like interest in this is actually pretty good. So I'd say it's a go. Do you want to just do the RP in this thread, or should I make one separate for the game?

As you all decide on that, here are some basic rules of the RP:

1- I hate to make this one. But the point of this RP is to be transformed. If you end up ARed, or as a catgirl or something, and it's not your thing. Well find something else to transform you into something else. Heck one of the potions cancel out all other potions. The only reason I bring this up, is because during the second Potion Madness RP, I had a LOT of people PM me saying they didn't like what they ended up with and just wanted to be changed like RIGHT THEN. Which isn't how it works. You may be stuck for a few pages as something you're not really into, but just think of it as RP practice.

2- The RP takes place in a normal world WHERE MAGIC ISN'T SUPPOSE TO EXIST. So no magi-knights or anything. I don't mind if your character may know a bit about magic being real, but try not to have a character who can use magic. That's kinda not the point of this RP.

3- This RP actually takes place five years after the first potion madness RP I did. So for those who may have been in that one, feel free to make a character that may know some of the people from it.

I think that's about it for the main issues. As I said, I'll mostly be playing NPCs, and just overlooking how the game goes. Feel free to take control of an NPC if you think it'll help RP a scene better. Just try to make sure you know how the NPC would act. I don't want a girl ticket taker who's been RPed as shy, suddenly start a lap dance on the next person to come buy tickets. XD

Anyway this will either start tonight or sometime tomorrow. Depending on your answer to the 'new thread' question.

I'm thinking of making a map of the park. (Not a very detailed one mind you. It'd basically be a ton of sqaures with text describing what they are) To give an idea of the places layout. Unless you think it'd be better not to... I will however start making up a list of what is going to be enchanted.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:03 pm

You're back, Garath!... Or have you been back and I didn't notice? Anyways, I'm looking forward to this new RP. Before we begin, though, we should probably post our characters here THEN start the RP in a new thread. I think it would make things a bit more organized.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Marky » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah, I think it would be best to start the actual RP in another thread.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Can we get a character sheet, so we can see what ages our characters would be? Are they high school or college age?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:23 am

Okay, so I'll start a new thread when the actual game begins.

As for age. Any age will do. The plot is basically there is this fair/amusement park kinda thing in the town, and you all decide to go to it one day. We'll make it Saturday since that'd make more sense. Early morning too. Let's say 9AM or so. The park has JUST opened, so the crowd isn't too big just yet.

I've decided not to draw a map, as I think that may actually limit the RPing possibilities. Think of it as a kinda Six Flags, Town Fair sorta place. You'll have buildings with art stuff on display. (Many from local schools, made by the students) Random other educational stuff, but lots of rides as well. Including some built onto the grounds. So there will be a couple of large roller coasters.

I'll get into a bit more of what's in the park when I reveal what is enchanted. I'll make the list up either tonight or tomorrow and post it in the actual RP thread.

For now, I think the suggestion of posting our character sheets in this thread is a good idea. If you have any questions, feel free to AIM me. I tend to leave it on a lot more often now. (I'm not always at my computer though... so if I don't respond I may be busy)
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Next

Return to Roleplaying