[FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Main Thread - closed

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Main Thread - closed

Postby ZeroForever » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:44 pm

As noted it's Free Form so additional Characters can join at any time, however they must post in the sign up page for verification.
Until we have 3 total starting Generals, the positions are now CLOSED. You can only start as a minion or hero now.
I will most likely split the heroes and villains into separate threads after a certain point but I’ll wait until after the intro setting is established and it’s more active.
Since people can have more than character, note which character your acting with.

Opening Scene:
Evil -
Thus it burned, the monsters made no quarter for man, woman, or child as the city of Libertanin fell and with it the last remnants of the once glorious nation of Terinium.
Bob surveyed the burning ruins laughing evilly, “MUHAHAHAHAHA” the rest of the minions laughing with him in good measure but making sure they didn’t overdo it lest Bob pop there skull like a pez dispenser for one upping him.
“That was almost too easy. “ Bob said before pausing to read an index card “Anyways I’ll leave it up to you, I have other things to attend to.” He said to the generals as he returned to the Nether Castle on his dragon mount to not be seen for another 100 chapters or so.

Dark General or minions – you start off at the ruins of the city/country after Bob leaves. There are a few legions of monsters and minions that left with Bob along with spoils and prisoners in tow. However the majority are still around split amoungst yourself or just going wild, the area also contains refugees and rebels; not to mention the army the forces of good are gathering in the south. (As noted if you’re a general I expect you to run you own operations and base, but for now I'll keep here so non-generals can interact as well.)

Good -
Elsewhere in on various unified fronts across the remaining nations of Gastark, Astoria, and countless others warriors of every race and type gathered from around the world to oppose the marches of Bob’s armies.
On the capital of Astoria, this where our heroes begin their stories. The city was vast one of the last major hubs of humanity; it houses arcane towers of the circle of magi, the knights of the circle, the merchant and mercenary guilds, and thousands of various other wonders.

Heroes – you’re either already at the city or just arriving, either way it’s a large city so there are thousands of people seeking to make a name or with plenty already famous ones around as well. There are bounties galore for any of the notable villain characters in case you want to go after then, as well adventures, and a large standing army awaiting Bob’s incoming forces from the north. There are also refugees from Terinium filtering into the city as well making it even more crowded than it normally is and bring stories of his legions.
Last edited by ZeroForever on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: [FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Main Thread

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 am

"Pitiful." Crush looks over the carnage and the loss of life with a calculating gaze. Even if he could express emotion on his face, it would be blank. "I don't know what's worse. The fools who died, or those who took so much effort to kill them." He purposefully steps on a burnt corpse as he goes back to the main camp. From his tent he sends out a pair of Homunculi to inform his troops. They are heading south to pick off stragglers and harass anything in the area.

[Anyone who wants to work for me, I have lots of robot-cookies! Of evil!]
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby ZeroForever » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:58 am

Unknown the masked cloaked general that no one could tell it' s status as his character sheet was all question marks looked as Crush proceeded with his minions to do what he was named after. "Let the simple minded one do what he can." He said watching Crush leave looking at the other generals before exiting the encampment. "We return shall return to the ? citadel" Unknown said to his minions. The ? citadel was a flying island fortress shaped like a ? the outer portions of the island housing all sorts of monster dens, while the inner fortress was a unknown since no one had ever returned from the inside other then ? and Bob. The citadel wasn't far from the city, as it acted as a carrier for the dragons to launch there attacks.

Inside Astoria, the bounty hunter guilds were a constant hub of business as bounties always spiked during war time. Groups were being formed and returning constantly off to hunt any of the targets. Melvin the White was in the process of gathering one such group, the man was a legend in his own right... I mean a high priest that wasn't a pedo was extremely rare these days after all; though he was more known for defeating the Legendary Evil Pedobear Pope that was responsible for the loli crusades in the warring states of Shota. anyways after making several horrible jokes he looked around for the inactive RPer's that had signed up.

ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shy Shay » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Henry the ninja arrives at Astoria. He is in his typical ninja garb; pure black, and all you can see of him are his piercing blue eyes. He weaves through the crowd, and only those of superior noticing skills would be able to pick him out, but strangly he is unusually hard to notice.

Bob's forces are closeing in... I do not want to be forced to deal with them, but if I must, then I will. I'm not stronge enough as I am, though. I need more strength, more skills. He takes a long look around, and spots the towers of the circle of the magi. Perfect. He makes his way through, going to knock on the door, atempting to stay unnoticed... though it is more of a passive thing then anything else.
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm

the shadowed form of the unpronounceable one slips from building to building until at last he comes to the ruins of a church, "Such small and pathetic things.. to kneel before such as this..."
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Gerome wanders out of the musicians guild looking arrond the area and pondering...'I wonder if there is anything Rock Bum could have done to help prevent this?' he thinks as he heads over to the magi towers. One thing was certain, nothing would ever be the same now that Bob had started to make his move of domination. He can't help but feel the desperation in the air and faces of the refugees now littering he streets of he city. 'Maybe I need to give a concert or something and use my gifts to help alleviate some of he suffering?' he asks himself. Soon he finds himself near the Magi quarter and once more wonders why the head of the musicians guild toldhim to take the meeting with the magi. Surely no one here knew of his being a hero. He had been careful to make sure Rock Bum and Gerold Hass would not be connected. Arriving, he knocks on he door and waits to see what is in store...
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby ZeroForever » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Heroes - The large door opened up to the towers seemingly on there own, no one touching the door on the other side. The interior of the tower that Henry was at was likely 10 times bigger than it looked on the outside at least if the number of people running around inside were any indication. Despite there being several hundred people none of them give him any heed, to busy with there own jobs to pay any attention to a door gawker. Elsewhere Melvin the white was having a surprisingly hard time getting a balanced party together... apparently everyone that signed up was a dps class... "@#%@#^ rogues... LFM lvl 50+ no noobs!" he shouted over the city chat room slightly annoyed at the over abundance of the class meanwhile he left the guild area to see if he could buy mats from the mages.

villains - if your playing a minion please figure out which General your working under.
Current generals are
1. Crush - currently hunting refugees and stragglers
Crushs minions were slow, then again they were all still fat from feasting the night before. Still the number of refugees would include the old, injured and sickly who couldn't flee fast enough so they could still catch some of those.
2. Cthulhu monster with a unpronounceable name - Ruins of the Church of Libertanin currently doing whatever cthulhu's do.
despite being pillaged and desecrated, the building still gave him a nauseating 'holy' feeling.
3. ? the unknown - returning to ? floating castle.
4. position still open.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Gerome looks at the chaos of the adventurers parties and wizards. He is surprised to hear the cursing from the white Mage as he decides to investigate what has him in such a tizzy..." Excuse me sir, but is it really adviseable to be using such language within this place of power, for surely such a curse will find a unintended victim, particularly with so many non-combatans seeking refuge so near by..." He says while looking over the group of wanna be soldiers nearby.'It looks worse than Glimmerfield tried to tell me.' he thinks...

At the destroyed city, Kline looks at the destruction wrought in Bobs name. He hears the general Crush planning to take up the hunt for the refugees and stragglers who fled the city. He calls upon his gollums his tinker abilities allowed him to build, since he knew the demons of the others were all flawed in some way, leaving them subject to the weaker attacks the hero's tried to use and leaving them with some kind of hope of victory. His orders to his gollums was simple, destroy everything, recycle the reusable and crush the moral of those stupid enough to fight back. Hell, he even let the more...Creative... Of his minions come up with some ideas for ultimately humiliating the hero's that were captured. The refresher station he kept for those with a baser need for conquest and subjugation had utilized those former hero's many times over, and thanks to his light protection weapons, those who were transformed had not the power to resist the advances of his men. Looking over at the ? General, he had to wonder why Bob kept letting the fool keep thinking he was the more superior general when it was his intellect that helped to guide the victories like today's. 'His time will come soon enough...' the young super intelligent tinkerer thinks as he heads to the transport gollums." Take me back to Wormwood castle." he states as the mechanized group starts to glow with power. Soon he is in his keep near the northern most borders of Terinium. Heading down to his labs, he starts work once again on the project of compacting the hero's into small wooden toys for use in battlefield mapping. The device was still to large to be easily carried by a squad of gollums, and he had told Bob it would be ready soon after the current battles. It no longer struck the young man about the requirements of transformation his benefactor required for his services, nor how he had risen so quickly in the dark army into the generals inner circle. His abilities had stayed him and placed him well out of the machinations the underlings faced, and now his plans to start discrediting the fools he served with could start in earnest. The choices were clear that he needed to make a fool of both ? And he who can't be named as Crush was more interested in keeping his minions fat and lazy... "so how to best humiliate the two?" he thought as he started to work at his latest plan...
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shy Shay » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:59 pm

He really doesn't like to shout... but he has to admit that it's one of the best ways to get attention.

He hates attention.

But he wants magic.

Henry is in conflict.

Henry looks around. He takes a deep breath... and goes against his every instinct as a ninja. "Attention! I would like to learn magic! Money is no problem!"

He winces, his ninja senses on high alert and expecting something terrible to happen.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:07 am

'Noob just check with the magi guild trainer on what spells you can learn' someone shouted back almost immediately at Henry, the words quickly swallow by the unending swarm of trade and group shouts. Given the populace of the town, no one gave a 2nd look at Henry despite his clothing.

Melvin the white looked at Gerome "Place of power... don't make me laugh, the mages here are all talk no action." he said clearly still annoyed at the lack of viable party members. "You don't look to shabby but what exactly are you suppose to be" Melvin said stopping to look at the weird weapon that Gerome was wielding.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shy Shay » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Henry groans. He really, really didn't like this place. "..." He looks around and tries to locate the magi guild trainer to learn magic.

He would, of course, kill whoever called him noob later, but he was on a mission for now.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 pm

The unpronounceable one reaches out with his shadowy appendages thrashing at the walls shattering windows, "Pathetic godlings... you are nothing to us, you are but parasites living in a house built by something far greater.... why these things think you are something to worship..."

Meanwhile in heroland, Malaki had just made his way into town, he wasn't wearing his helm letting his elfin features show, a cloak covering his demon bound armor. Following him were a pair of succubi forced to dress in the most conservative form obscuring maid outfits that have ever existed. They were so simple nonfetishistic and wouldn't show anything while they had to do actual work, such is the cruelty of Malaki!
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 am

Henry's efforts were simplified by the fact that they had sign posts for the shops sections of the magi tower, the person selling basic magic scrolls included.

Malaki gained some interest from the various local and non-local people but most simply shrugged and continued on there way. He wasn't the only person in demonic armor, there were plenty of others for numerous reasons. The succubus got some cat calls like one would expect from a town of this size but he wasn't the only one with succubus, though most wore traditional clothing for aesthetic purposes. All and all despite everything, the general populace didn't really even heed his presence the threat of Bob taking up most of there spare time.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shy Shay » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Henry, therefor, goes to the person selling basic magic scrolls.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 am

Zero... wrote:Melvin the white looked at Gerome "Place of power... don't make me laugh, the mages here are all talk no action." he said clearly still annoyed at the lack of viable party members. "You don't look to shabby but what exactly are you suppose to be" Melvin said stopping to look at the weird weapon that Gerome was wielding.

Gerome looks the Mage over as well..."Well I guess you could say I am a bard of sorts, I was of the performers guild until Bob started causing problems. Glimmerfield sent me over to...how did he put it... Ah 'Render what aide I could.' though how he knew of such things is unknown to me." he says as he pulls the odd music instrument arround and starts to play the guitar portion. The music seems to have a calming effect on most those nearby...
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying