Watchwood Forest-Continuation and new Sign Up

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Watchwood Forest-Continuation and new Sign Up

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:39 pm

Right. For those of you who remember, The Demons of Watchwood Forest was one of my masterpieces. I have wanted to continue it for some time... and I could very well just resurrect it from the ashes... but there are a few new people around since I started it up. And I figured I would give them a chance to jump in.

SO! This is how its going to go. Here is the old sign-up page and Codex. It gives the rundown and backstory of the world I made in my demented little head.

Here is the old thread. Read it if you need a refresh on what your were doing... or if you havent and want a decent way to spend the time.

This thread I want a heads up from old players if they want to continue. And sign ups from new players if they want to join in. You can also scrap your old character and restart as well if that strikes your fancy. What will happen, after... eh... a few days. Is I will go back to the old thread... update everyone's old posts, and make an intro for the new players.

For the new players the breakdown is this: You arrive in Watchwood, the Tournament said to be the choosing ground for the Heroes has been closed due to an incident. The Arena is sealed off from the rest of the city and the people are getting frightened and restless. To quell their unease... the King has once more sent out an invitation for Heroes to come to Watchwood and combat the tide of evil rising steadily every night. The invitation is to come to Castle Overwatch... the new Tournament to be taken place in the training grounds of the King's private bodyguards. Unlike the first, this Tournament is not open for viewing by the public... and whispers say there is more going on than simple tests of skill and bravery like in the first Tournament. But the hints of the same fantastic rewards the King is offering continue to circulate as well.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Watchwood Forest-Continuation and new Sign Up

Postby Blaze » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm still in with my old character.

DON'T ABANDON IT AGAIN GOT IT U____U
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Haylie » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm considering starting a new character. Maybe a greatsword-user...
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby ZeroForever » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:52 pm

eh.. i vaguely remember what was going on in this before the original thread died.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Vomica » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Name: Ovvar Dankus (Because you know, going with ancient names is always awesome)

Physical Description: Ovvar is not a particular tall man, or buff. In fact in almost all physical regards he is extremely average. His short brown hair is several inches long, his blue eyes don't inspire any poems, and his face is rather bland. Standing at 5'5", he is slightly on the short end, and has embraced this -- going with neutral tones in his clothing, and he is almost never seen without one of his earthen tone cloaks. Perhaps the only out standing feature of the man is the number of daggers he keeps on him. He has two long blades to each side of him, and a number of smaller blades hanging from a leather loop that circles his chest bandoleer style. He carries a light sash with him, containing more common goods. All in all, Ovvar does, after a moment of observation, does look like a sketchy figure.

Skills: Ovvar is not a cut purse. A pick pocket. Or a 'lock smith'. He does have skill in such things, but at his heart he is a warrior. He fore goes armor, believing that a tin suit only serves to hamper a person down. He who strikes first, is he who strikes last after all. In combat, his tactic is to dodge and feint -- to either wear his opponent down -- or to create an opening. And plunge his blade through thru whatever defenses they might have, and pierce the heart. Or other vital organs. Having spent the last half of his life on the outskirts of society, he well over a decade honing his style. He is a master duelist, and is proficient with a throw blade as well.

Also (depending on which biography I go with).

Option one: He is a decent magician as well, focusing heavily on trans-location and illusion. The latter he uses for distractions at best, and for crude entertainment or pranks at worse. As for the former, he originally worked on developing the spells necessary for teleportation. To his horror, he discovered that if he messed the spell up to even the slightest degree... the object being teleported was messed up. The cat he experimented on when he was twelve... ...well let's just say Schrodinger's cat got the better deal.

Option two: Ovvar disbelieves in everything beyond the mundane world. As this doesn't prevent spirits and magic from existing or effecting him, it does produce a result on his will power and perception. Illusions of what he believes to be impossible are just shrugged off as hallucinations or parlor tricks, and thus he is able to... well... effectively ignore them.

Biography:
(As with the skills, the biography is still up in the air. I'm not sure which idea I like more.)

Ovvar's father was a blacksmith, toiling day and night in front of a forge. As a child he assisted his father at his shop, the process of producing everything from horse shoes to chamber pots required both strength and agile hands. He was always a quiet boy, and found church extremely boring -- luckily did his father. Thus never went. Ovvar was a quite lad, but despite this, would often get into fights at school. At around the age of fourteen, his father's business ran into hard times -- and the decision was made that Ovvar was to big of an expense to keep around. He was offered up at an apprentice to a book binder. His new master was quite hard on him... Ovvar ran away a month later. And has spent the last decade making it on his own -- not trusting anyone after that.

Option one: Ovvar's mother was a magician and seer of some repute, dealing with the arcane. At her hands, her son would learn much from her. The basics of magic -- creating light, moving an object across a table, and feats of that nature by the age of five. She loved her son, he loved her. It is through her that he learned of what he does of magic. She inspired in him a morals and ethics, and from that he holds the mindset of helping others -- and that is why he has gone to fulfill the king's call.

Option two: Ovvar's mother died when he was an infant. He never knew her, and despite him growing up hearing stories of her from his father... he never believed them after a very young age. He surmised the stories of 'His beautiful and fair mother, a fantastic magic user' as a lie. A lie to comfort him. From this, he slowly obtained the mindset that anything dealing with magic, spirits, or even God... was a lie. He left his father at fourteen in disgust, taking what meager resources he has. Ovvar is as much as an atheist as this world can have. To him, none of the super-natural is real... it is all just superstition. And that is why he has gone to see the king and about this tournament. He sees it as wrong that the ruler would dismiss the wrongs on the world as 'growing evil'. No matter the root of the problems, he will discover what it is! ...as for not believing in the spirits? ...Heaven help him. He is quite wrong.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:26 am

Blaze wrote:I'm still in with my old character.

DON'T ABANDON IT AGAIN GOT IT U____U

Consider it gotten.

Haylie wrote:I'm considering starting a new character. Maybe a greatsword-user...

Feel free! That sounds... great! *gets shot by the Pun Police*

Ack! Make... a... character.... sheet. *Bleeds out...*

ZeroForever wrote:eh.. i vaguely remember what was going on in this before the original thread died.

This reply is vague and unhelpful. Did you want to continue? Did you want me to sum up what happened? Did you want to scrap your character and make a new one? Or are you just not interested in the RP anymore.

Vomica wrote: *long character sheet*

I'll approve whichever one you end up choosing. Both sound fun, heh.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby ZeroForever » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 am

i'll drop out for now, to busy already.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Haylie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Very well. :mrgreen:

Name: Cleopatra "Cleo" Sparrow.

PhysDesc:
She's very tall and lithe, despite holding a massive sword. She's also very attractive in her blue chain mail armor. Her tied-back purple hair is a bit off-putting, but it suits her well. Her light-blue eyes are usually open and alert, unless she's in combat, in which case they're narrow and steady.
She has a very blunt way of speaking, which she doesn't do much of. She's normally quiet and serious, but she's not afraid to let loose and joke around on occasion.

Skills: She's very strong despite her physique, able to swing her huge sword with surprising finesse. She's also no stranger to gunpowder or crossbows, though she doesn't carry a ranged weapon on her. She's also able to block arrows with her sword, and climb up almost anything.

Biography:
She came from a distant land; she won't say where, or why she left. Just that she won't go back. Although, judging by the scars on her face and neck, she's seen plenty of action, and the small badges on her armor suggest authority.
She claims her only goal in this land is to rid it of the demons to help her people, but one gets the impression that that isn't the whole truth...

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:50 pm

ZeroForever wrote:i'll drop out for now, to busy already.

Sad to see... but whatever. The offer stands if you change your mind.

Haylie wrote:Very well. :mrgreen:

Name: Cleopatra "Cleo" Sparrow.

PhysDesc:
She's very tall and lithe, despite holding a massive sword. She's also very attractive in her blue chain mail armor. Her tied-back purple hair is a bit off-putting, but it suits her well. Her light-blue eyes are usually open and alert, unless she's in combat, in which case they're narrow and steady.
She has a very blunt way of speaking, which she doesn't do much of. She's normally quiet and serious, but she's not afraid to let loose and joke around on occasion.

Skills: She's very strong despite her physique, able to swing her huge sword with surprising finesse. She's also no stranger to gunpowder or crossbows, though she doesn't carry a ranged weapon on her. She's also able to block arrows with her sword, and climb up almost anything.

Biography:
She came from a distant land; she won't say where, or why she left. Just that she won't go back. Although, judging by the scars on her face and neck, she's seen plenty of action, and the small badges on her armor suggest authority.
She claims her only goal in this land is to rid it of the demons to help her people, but one gets the impression that that isn't the whole truth...

Seems interesting... accepted!

Now we are just waiting for V to make up their mind. I'll see if I can get a post up in the next few days.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Most excellent. Here's to a successful campaign. :mrgreen:

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Vomica » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm going with the more standard of the two -- the one where the character is aware of the setting more attunely. Namely for the simple fact that I do not know the settings. Perhaps at a later date, when I'm more comfortable with things, I can properly use the Unbeliever concept.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm

RIGHT! I am going to bite the bullet and start this RP over again with a reboot.

Expect a new thread within... blargh... I wanna say today because... I wanna! You know what... I will since the mood is on me.

I will update a continuation on... Blaze I think. And possibly Harri. Anyone else who wants to continue let me know! The rest of you... if you posted a character here I will assume you are still interested unless you say otherwise. And anyone else wanting in make a yell!

And if you want a new/second character feel free to post them here.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blindsense » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Name: Nergal Veilhearth

Physical Description:

Mages are renowned for keeping low profiles – a mold that young Nergal all-too-happily breaks regularly. The man is in possession of a surprisingly fit build, even as far as mages are concerned – whereas many of his kind sacrifice a bit of fortitude due to hours of study and research, Nergal is as fit and limber as a gymnast. When in public, he does not wear the robes and pointed hats of his station, but rather a black and white tunic with gold-threaded trim and a pair of ebon breeches. Finely-polished leather boots adorn his feet, and an ornate necklace bearing a brilliant red ruby in its center rests on his sternum. His hair, long and as black as his tunic, flows elegantly down to the nape of his neck – it is usually pulled back into a neat tail behind his ears, revealing his piercing green eyes. Truly, if it were not for the elegant silverbark staff that he carried and the leather-bound tome hanging from a hip-holster on his left side, he would be more likely mistaken as a noble than a mage.

Skills: The rumored extent of young Veilhearth's powers as a conjurer and evoker vary depending on which awed townsperson you ask. According to many, he controls and warps the very fabric of reality on a simple whim, while others simply call him as a kind soul who knows a few simple cantrips to entertain house guests. In reality, the man's renown is quite unkown – he arrived in town only recently, and nobody seems to know of his origins or his place of study.

( I kinda left bio and such intentionally vague, both because he's a mysterious character, as well as because of how little I know about the setting. :P Hope that's okay, if not lemme know and I'll change stuff up. )

However, the man's gifts are far more archaic than the people of Watchwood dare hypothesize – and certainly more unscrupulous. Nergal has long studied the ancient and forbidden arts of blood magic. His powers of manipulation are second only to his ability to sap the strength of others to fuel his own arcane power.

Biography:

Officially, Nergal hails from a small village on the outskirts of the Empire, where he was discovered to possess a gift for the arcane arts early in his life. The name of his teacher, as well as the location of his studies, are unknown – as is much of his life between his departure of that small town and his arrival in Watchwood. He is described by those who claim to know him as a prodigy – a young man with a special knack for the arcane arts that ventured out on his own in search of answers – and an application for his power. Having heard of the bizarre troubles plaguing the capital city, as well as the area's propensity for attracting spirits and arcane oddities, Nergal couldn't help but travel there on a pilgrimmage to investigate.
Last edited by Blindsense on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Accepted, Blind! Though note that in this reality, a withered and frail mage would have an extremely small mana pool. Most mages are actually rather physically fit. They have to be, since they draw on their own stamena to cast spells. There are exceptions to this, of course... one of which being a blood mage, ironically enough.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Oh, is this still a thing that's happening? >.>