[FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Sign up/information

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Sign up/information

Postby ZeroForever » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:23 pm

This is in conjunction with my Overlord Bob commissions, but independent in it's own way.

It takes place in a typical Fantasy Realm with Dragons, wizards, and all that stuff with magic. Like the commission series Bob has taken over a large portion of the world and you goal is to defeat him and his legions of darkness. Unlike the commission you do not start off at his castle and you will need to work your way there.

So there's 2 parties you can play
1. Heroes/Good Guys/Anyone not working for Bob - You can start off as any traditional fantasy race/class creature (there are some limitations, like no demons gods, etc..) and whether you work in heroic parties or want to run solo is up to you. The main goal is to defeat Bob forces of darkness using whatever means possible, be it grinding wolves in the forest till your level 99 or finding the master sword, or just tfing all the bad guys into little girls. 'Anyone not working for Bob' means you don't have to be a hero so you can play pirates, etc... Generally starting points for the 'Good' characters will be a free countries under siege by the armies of darkness, this will allow them prep time for parties to form.

2. Villains - You can play generic minions but for initial sign ups it's restricted. For every 3 heroes that sign up I'll accept one Dark General (max of 4 generals though), essentially you'll be Bobs top tier minions. Like the heroes you can be any race within general limitations (so no holy priests but you can be a shadow priest, etc..). If you agree to be a Dark general essentially your going to be a mini GM responsible for your own NPC's or minion players, however any notable actions (tf's/killing) needs to be verified by me.
Your goal is to a) stop the heroes b) Become the top general. In short not only are you essentially responsible for disposing of the heroes but I expect you to back stab each other constantly (ex - 'accidentally' letting the heroes out of a trap so that another general looks bad or dies.) Dark generals get to use minions and will be allowed to have there own abode (so if your a dark wizard general you can have a magic tower on a floating island or something).

Notable things are... everyone is disposable, be it hero or villains. Instead of everything causing tfs, just as often the monsters or traps will simply kill you so it's not suggestible that you fight the dark dragon naked or such because it'll just eat you and poop you out. Also heroes can be converted to villains (so if the hero gets tf'ed into goblin he's now a villain minion who can back stab his way up to general or get saved by another hero) and vice versa.
Since it's disposable characters people can have multiple characters though a max of 2 active ones, so if you character dies you can join in again, however you do need to register your new character here first.

Essentially I'll be taking a back seat in the RP initially only using Bob to issue out events/scenarios/objectives to the Generals, while the heroes will need to stop the generals.

Profile forms -

Name:
Class:
Hero/Villian:
Description –
Biography –
Weapons –
Abilities –
TF dislikes - (just put what you won't do, everything is game. if you put everything but one specific TF, i'll slap you and reject your character.)
Last edited by ZeroForever on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: [FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Sign up/information

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:01 am

After looking at your comics I think I'd like to give this a go. I'll get back to you with a character application :)
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 am

I am interested though It may take me a bit to consider things..
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 pm

i'll give this another week to see if there's any more interest.

At this rate I'll probably just cancel it.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm still debating who to come as a hero or villan
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shy Shay » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Awww... don't give it up! I'll be a hero, just to show you it can work!

Name: Henry
Sex: Male
Class: Ninja
Description: Tall and physically strong, but his real gift is his unnatural speed. He always wears all black clothes.
Biography: A normal... ninja. He has been training since he was five, and found that he has an above average talent for speed and dodgeing even for ninja's. As such, he focused on that. He is talented in various weopons, but he always has several poisned daggers hidden on his person. He is dark and misterious, and does not like talking much, prefering action. He believes that those that talk and don't do are useless.
Weapons: Various, but mainly bows, shurkins, daggers and smokes bombs.
Abilities: Abnormally fast dodging skills, able to dodge almost anything unless he is distracted or commited to another action. He can 'blend' with the darkness, but nothing magical. He is also adept at various trap making skills and the such.
TF dislikes: Hmmm... none today! Just, you know, no rewrites or innanamite.

That good? ^^
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Stray-chan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:44 am

I has interest, and will post a character soon-ish!
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

Postby Vomica » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 pm

I... have decided my interest is peaked. Expect a couple, if not more, characters thrown together soonishly.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ZeroForever » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:39 am

general note - this is character driven rather then event driven thus why i noted it's a FFRP.

sky - it's fine

i'll wait for all the 'interested' parties to do something, as noted you can have more then one character.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 am

I'm interested in being a villain and have an idea in mind, but we'd need mire heroes first, right? Hmm, perhaps Zi should submit a hero and villain together.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Profile forms -

Name: Kline Simmonz
Class: Tinker
Hero/Villain: Villain
Description – Medium hight, medium weight. Looks like your typical non descript man.
Biography – Looks like your ordinary 20 year old, but has hidden his inteligence since graduating college at 14 with advanced degrees in physics, engeneering and chemestry. dut after that he dissapeared into obscurity. His designs are well known by hero and Villain alike, but no one knows for sure who he will side with
Weapons – a pair of lazer gauntlets using a unique chemical power source, sometimes the mix will induce ...changes in the targeted person. also has a pair of light sabre like knifes...
Abilities – His increadable intelegince allows him to create almost any mechanical device, not always the most compact design to start with, but works perfectly...
TF dislikes - open to any
Last edited by Miku-chan on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Name: Malaki Nam'ulu
Hero/Villain:Hero
Class: Warlock/swordsman
Description – He is a tall thin eleven male, with blond hair, a Toyama haircut and sparkling blue eyes. If he wore a helmet he'd look like just another Dark lord with his blasphemous armor forged from demon flesh and souls....
Biography – Malaki was born the last of a long line of emperors from a people who now call themselves the True Elves. Their Empire had once spanned the continent and their cruelty the stuff of nightmarish legend. But that was many thousands of years ago, many generations even to the elves. Forgotten in all but the most ancient of books the bastard bloodlines have convinced the other races of the purity and light of the blood, such lies comfort the humans and even the orcs.

Suffice to say the so called "true" elves have pulled back to their islands, a decadent magical kingdom where demons are enslaved for the most trival of tasks The Dark pacts sworn in ancient days with outer gods, demon lords, and elemental kings used to prop up the complete and utter debauchery they have fallen into.

Having grown bored with the endless orgies, the countless drug fulled stupours he became obsessed with the past reading countless stories of what once was..

So he took ancient armor, a dark blade forged of a demon lord and his band of demons and left the isle heading out to become a conqueror a terror.... in an unlikely turn of events the location he set to begin his personal conquest was in fact under attack by an unrelated zombie outbreak. He found himself.. helping the humans underseige, his demons making fast work of the zombies and his ancient blade making short work of the necromancer in charge.

The hearffelt and legitimate praise from the humans welled up something long thought atrophied in his race, a sense of compassion. The true emotions thrown around by those outside his decedent isles they began to properly overwhelm him. So he went to another town this one being "Farmed" by orcish bandits. Again the alien concepts of compassion and heroism found theri way into his heart, and again he saved them. Its been that way ever since.. using the hosts of hell, ancient pacts sworn with outer gods and elemental lords... to save people. its not what he intended.. but its something he's fallen into.. he's become addicted to the feelings of being a hero.

Weapons – . Normally he travels with a small band of demons to aid in combat.. but more to do the boring stuff like tend to fires, cook, clean be used a horse.. The more important weapon he holds is a blade forged of one of the great demon lords that has the power to consume magical attacks

Abilities – He's an able swordsman, a casual binder of demons, and heir to oaths both sacred and profane that reach back to the dawn of the world. Of course he has no common sense, a deep and abiding sense of arrogance and little real knowledge of the world as it is vs how it was countless milenia ago.

TF dislikes - no vore, preg... really squicky Stuff?
Last edited by Kether on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:11 pm

added a field to the form 'hero/villain'

I need to know which side your starting out on (for bob or against), you can be ambiguous or switch as we progress but for the start I need to know because it determines where the characters start.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Vomica » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Name: Ooleg Duskwatcher
Class: Transmogrifist -- specialized wizard
Hero/Villian: More or less hero -- but indifferent in most 'mortal' struggles

Description – In his standard guise, which is quite close to his original appearance in fact, Ooleg looks to be a middled aged male human. He has a toned build, short dark hair, tanned skin, and a goatee. He often sticks to neutral and earth tones, masquerading around as a peasant or a low level merchant. Anything to keep a low profile.

Biography – Ooleg was born the fourth son of a minor lord in a land somewhere in a distant land. As in typical for feudal system, all titles and inheritances fall to the first born. The second born is the 'insurance' in case something happens to the first. As the fourth in the line, his parents were well aware that Ooleg would have to make his own way. Before he could even walk, he father promised knight captain of his acquittance that Ooleg would be his apprentice. As the boy grew, he began to loath the prospect of military service. He was far to shy, withdrawn, and just plain frail to see a future for himself in it.

His service was to begin on his tenth birthday, yet one fateful day a month before that date... something happened. A goblin child snatcher had managed to sneak his way onto his fathers ground. Even at his size, Ooleg would have been a match for the goblin, however... the skulking monster went for even one of the smaller children. Leaping out of the darkness, the vile creature snagged the one thing smaller then Ooleg! ...his younger sister. No one else was around, save for Ooleg. Fearing that his sister was gone for good, he gave chase! Without a weapon... without a hope... he was as stunned as the goblin was -- when the villain discovered that a blast of arcane energy tore through his neck. The boy's hand was out stretched... ...it was then at that moment that his destiny was sealed. The news spread quickly that he had a gift. His apprenticeship, despite the promise, was no longer to the military... but to a nearby wizard.

That is the last scrap of history most scholars can attribute to him. For after that... Ooleg seems to vanish from memory. There are rumors and myths about a great mage from four centuries past, but those are as all human tales are -- sketchy and exaggerated. In truth his magical career should be one of legend, if not for the direction it went. As he reached adulthood and his master taught him, his abilities grew. Ooleg quickly fell in love with the power of altering the world. Shapes, colors, sizes... that is where he focused.

Eventually his powers grew to the point that he could change his shape at will. Even the ravages of age were able to be undone, where many wizards might walk the undead route to immorality... Ooleg found it elsewhere. But in exchange he gave up his identity. It is lost to history what happened, at some point Ooleg left his master. And wandered the world, taking new form after new form, learning all he can about communities and how society works.

Weapons – Ooleg was never a fighter, and he doesn't have many weapons. He does have his offensive magic, but it has been... centuries since he has used any of it. It's possible he can still produce a fireball or a bolt of lightening, but as it stands the best has is a walking stick he might have... or a dagger.

Abilities – Magic. Magic that comes second nature to him, and that can work at even a subconscious level. He is able to take any humanoid shape at a whim, anything from two foot tall to ten foot. He has control over the details... all the way to the clothing. Aging, wounds, and even disease can be overcome through his shift shaping. However, it does have limits. He still needs to eat, drink, breath, and rest -- he is fully mortal in that sense. He does have other arcane abilities... teleportation, evocation, and mild magical shields. But those are all rusted by centuries of neglected use. ...he has in fact adopted personas over the years. Hiding as different people he'd invent, and when discovered he was 'normal'. He'd flee. ...who knows how vulnerable he'd be if his magic ever waned -- or just lost the will to use it.

TF dislikes - Only thing that will make me abandon an RP is if my character is personally TFed into something like a man-crazy bimbo.

(I'll have to edit this. Make it readable... but that's the basic. And I promised a second character as well! ...one much lower power.)
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:53 pm

Name: Rock Bum
Class: Mutant
Hero/Villian: Hero
Description – 6 foot tall black haired physically fit psychic enhanced singer
Biography – Gerome Hass Aka Rock Bum has been a little known hero for decades, having chosen to use his abilities to further his career as a musician. But at a concert in the 70's he saw a young woman being kidnapped and used his musical abilities to cause the kidnappers to let her go and turn themselves over to the authorities. Since then he has used subtle but judicious planning as the hero Rock Bum, old school purveyor of musical justice for the masses
Weapons – electric guitar... Power chord project his vast musical talent to inspire any range of emotions in foes...Electronic keyboard... Keys in to the wellbeing of the victims of villains to relieve their trauma mentally
Abilities –Singer of musical attacks,  combine with acoustic or electric instruments amplifies his power
TF dislikes - same as before 
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying