[FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Sign up/information

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [FFRP] Overlord and Heroes - Sign up/information

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:34 pm

characters look fine, just note when I say hero/villain I'm referring to if your working for Bob or not, as you can still be a villain against him.

Also if your playing a General, include a abode (personal base/location) as that will be one of the targets for the heroes.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Vomica » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Name: Clawdate the Heartless
Sex: Male
Class: Soul Devourer
Hero/Villain: Villain
Description – Five foot tall man -- wears solid black.
Biography – Clawdate was once a lowly pick pocket. He attempted to steal from the wrong mark one day, and from the fight that ensued... well Clawdate should of died. His life force slowly started to leak out of his body, following the blood that had already flowed. Somehow he stopped it though... somehow he was able to latch onto the knight who had nearly slain him. He claimed the soul energy of the noble warrior for his own. This was over two decades ago. Since then he has reason to be an assassin of sorts. Clawdate needs to 'feed' on souls to maintain his leaving condition. He doesn't need to kill a person to take what he needs... but it sure does help. He has been in the employ of one of Overlord Bob's generals for some time now. After all, it's a steady source of 'food' for him.

Abilities – He is a master thief of items, lives, and souls. No mundane pocket, trap, or lock is too much for him to handle. And he is like a shadow in the night. Smoke in the black sky.
Weapons - Crossbows, knifes, you know the drill for what his type have. That. And leeching the life energy out of people.

TF dislikes - As before~
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 am

Just to note this doesn't link up with the ending that occurred in the Bob series
Also I really need some people to play villain generals for this to work.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 pm

I like the idea of being a general. Let's see if I can find something general-y enough.
I also hope you don't mind me forcing a DnD character I made into this. Seems like he could fit.

Name: Crush
Sex: Male
Class: Fighter/Artificer
Hero/Villian: Evil General

Description – Crush is part of a race called Warforged, living machines made to look like men, and with souls, but completely inorganic in nature. They were made to fight as soldiers in a wizards' war, but have since wandered looking for new battles and new purpose. Crush is a behemoth of a thing, with a nasty spike-laden armor carapace and unblinking red eyes. He easily weighs over 400 pounds, and has a short temper to match his nasty looks. As an artificer, he is adept at using all sorts of magical items, but has no actual magical ability.

Biography – Crush was literally made to fight. During his first days, he found he was a much more efficient weapon than anything he wielded. As the days and battles passed, he found his metal fists pounding into soft flesh to be rather enjoyable. After the war, he killed his owner and studied his scrolls. He found ways to manipulate the essence of magic, to repair himself and to use magical items. With this information, he began tinkering, making himself more powerful.

So of course, once he was satisfied, he went on a rampage. To him, it was just a test of his new abilities. To the village he destroyed, he was a monster. This got the attention of a local necromancer, who tried to employ his services as a bodyguard. Crush accepted solely to learn more about how to enhance himself and to gain more opportunities to squish things in his cold fingers. Once he learned all he could, he killed the necromancer and used the artifacts in his control to take over the small army of undead they had accrued.

Crush was new to the world, so when the first adventuring party came and tried to stop him, he lost his whole army. He didn't care about them anyways, and dispatched the low level adventurers himself. This was when the Evil Overlord finally caught notice of him, and he was recruited into the legions of Evilness.

His callous and gruff nature helped him fit in, but his contempt for all biological life made him quite the loner. Most of the others around him didn't know how to deal with him, and he rose through the ranks by murdering his captains and commanders. They were weak anyways, in his eyes.

Now Crush has command of a new army, one he still despises for its fleshy ineptness. He has a wizard or two researching how to make machines like him, only more subservient. Once they finish, he will gladly steamroll over his current army with a more satisfying and capable wave of steel and iron. For now, he contents himself by having small stone golems as his personal guard.

Weapons – Crush's weapon of choice is his PowerFist. One of his hands is three times the size it should be, smattered with spikes and reminiscent of a demon's claw. He rather enjoys smashing it into the faces of his subordinates, and his mechanical efficiency grants him great strength and the ability to repeatedly batter things with it in a short time. When necessary, he uses it as a jackhammer to break through obstacles.

Crush also has two built-in compartments for magic wands in his arms. While adept at all sorts of magical devices, he prefers the simplicity and interchangeability of the wands. His left arm usually has a Transparent Solid Fog that slows his victims to a crawl. His right arm(the one with the PowerFist) holds a Vampiric Touch that drains the life of those he touches and uses it as a buffer over his metal skin.

Abilities – Crush is a slow, lumbering behemoth. Even with his insane durability, he is vulnerable to quick, long ranged attack. To counter this, he uses his Solid Fog and a short range teleport to close distance. When in a pinch, he can dual wield two Scorching Ray wands and chain the spells in them simultaneously. Essentially, in the same amount of time as any wizard could cast one deadly ray, he casts eight.

As an artificer, Crush can add magical properties to objects, but he cannot cast spells unless contained within a magical item. As such, he has a compartment in his thigh that contains a wide variety of objects he has both made and encountered on his travels. He doesn't really recall what they all do, and he has no qualms about tossing them at fleshy weaklings. He can also enchant the clothing and weapons of others, but he cannot directly enhance or curse a living thing.

Fortress - Crush is a machine; simple, efficient, and brutal. His fortress is the same. No fancy magical moats or barriers prevent entry. Rather, he leaves the small gate open. It leads in to a large murderbox open to boiling oil, crossbow, and stone throwing. The parapets are actually specialized golems that move and attack to prevent scaling the walls. The inside is dedicated to barracks and training grounds, and the keep holds no real riches for he sees no need for them. Rather, the prize for adventurers here is the wealth of magical and martial knowledge stored in training and magical scrolls scattered throughout. Of course, Crush keeps the best scrolls for himself.

TF Dislikes- Not a fan of being physically younger than 16 or so, inanimate, bimbo and the like. As long as I have control of my actions and the mental changes are more like suggestions (if at all), then I'm game for whatever.
Last edited by muffinstud on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kether » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm

ZeroForever wrote:Just to note this doesn't link up with the ending that occurred in the Bob series
Also I really need some people to play villain generals for this to work.

I thought you needed 1 villain for every 3 heroes
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 pm

I need about one general for every 3 heroes (up to 3 generals), people seem to be just submitting villain minions. Which is technically fine just that without the generals the whole scenerio really doesn't proceed.

Also there's nothing stating that you can't submit a villain before we have enough heroes, villain infighting is half the rp point.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Name:Lord <Unpronounceable>(his name can neither be written nor spoken by mortal minds!)
Sex: maleish
Class:Extradimentional horror
Hero/Villian:Evil General
Description – The brains of beings on this plane cannot properly comprehend the size and shape of this monster, all their brains properly can grasp is vague ideas of tentacles of a Silhouette of shadow yet its clearly not made of shadows too much thought on the subject tends to drive people mad. When he, well that's at least the sex mortal minds like to consider him, speaks it sounds much like Timothy Dalton or at least that's how mortal minds grasp it.
Biography – There are rules by which the gods play, rules of basic order and then there are things that dwell completely outside that. "He" is an abomination called from beyond space and time he is bound in the service of Bob. Or perhaps Bob let something in that he shouldn't and its just playing along until it gets bored? Either way He or it is from beyond all that is and all that ever will be something that profoundly should not be that drives mortal minds mad.
Weapons – Unnatural blasts of madness, the chill of things that are not yet impose their will on what is.
Abilities –Shattering minds, corrupting reality less something controlled than something that is a natural happenstance of his passage.
TF dislikes -Same as before.
Abode:The Impossible City.

On the edge of sunset and sunrise when the borders between what is and what is not are fragile in the point of transition if one is unfortunate one can find oneself in this place of horrors. It is a place of impossible angles, something out of esher, its filled with cultists and monsterous things and "His" voice may echo from anyone or anything eyes peer from the shadows or the light, yet there are whispers that other things from where He came from dwell here, things that hate him and might show you his heart that it might be shattered....
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:29 pm

so more or less a chuthula... that should be fine as the power levels seem to be fairly epic level already.

muffin, veronica, and pretty much everyone else your characters are fine, though i wouldn't blame you if some people wanted to power up a bit but grinding is also a viable option in the RP.

Looks like there's 3 (4 if you include my throw away one) generals so that position is closed now.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shy Shay » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Hey, can I reserve the next general if more people sign up? If not, that's fine, but I'd like to play an uber bad guy. ^^
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shuuko Nadeshiko » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm

The General slots have already been taken.

yes this is one of my many alts
shuuko likes lots of things but shuuko favorites are smiting and candy-desu!

Fear the DESU-DESU!!
Shuuko Nadeshiko
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Location: robbing all the local candy stores and sugar factories

Postby Shy Shay » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:00 am

Awww. Well, okay, then.
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Previous

Return to Roleplaying