[SRP] The New Avatar

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[SRP] The New Avatar

Postby Shy Shay » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Today is a normal day, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and life is so boreingly perfect. Man, life was dull. Some liked it this way. Some wished for something diffrent. Regardless, four lucky souls, or unlucky depending on who you ask, will get a chance to escape the humdrum of everyday.

One of such fellows is a man by the name of 'Jesse'. He is out to get his everyday bag of chips. However, when he opens the door to his store, instead of the store there is a black hole that quickly draws him in.

Another one is a man by the name of 'David'. As he goes to visit the eldery, when he opens the door to the home is a similar black hole to the one that Jesse experianced... not like he'd know about that. He, to, is drawn in.

The third fellow is person that goes by 'Jack'. His black hole is a little diffrent. Instead of appearing where a door should lead, it appears right underneath him as he plays. He drops down, into the hole, like the other three.

The forth is another man; this one goes by 'Griz'. He is stomping away from one of the few people that he could consider a friend when a forth black hole appears beneath him. He falls down in broad daylight.

All four of these people are dropped onto a hill on the outskirts of an old, medival looking town with walls that seem to be part of the earth. It has a strange symbol on it, and those that are familar with it would recognize it as an earth kingdom down, from the TV show 'Avatar, The Last Airbender'. There are also four boxes with various, new symbols on them surrounding them. However, the most distracting fact is that in front of the four of them stands three people.

A tall, skinny man with a pale, almost greyish skin. His eyes appear to be dropping down, and he looks like he hans't slept in weeks.
A short, clearly not even a teenager, cute girl that is giggling... in a manner that sends shivers down the spines of those that listen.
A tall, attractive woman, with breasts almost too big to be real and a smile almost to cruel to be human.

The little girl giggles. "Can I do it now? Can I?"

The man sighs. "No, not yet. Soon."

The woman smirks. "I'm going to love this."

Three distinct people, clearly intending something, in front of the four in a world not there own, clearly with a purpose. The humdrum of everyday life ends... and a new, exciting one begins.

NOW!
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: [SRP] The New Avatar

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Jesse had left for the sandwich whop at the same time he did every day that he worked. He walked just as quickly as usual, and arrived at the usual time. When he opened the door, however, he was greeted, not by the usual scene of the little store, but by some kind of black hole.

Next thing he knew, he found himself in some sort of medieval town, with three weirdo's looking at him. The architecture of the town looked...vaguely familiar. As though he had seen it somewhere before. He looked to either side of him and saw three other guys, who looked to be as confused as he was. Had they been in the shop when that thing appeared in it?

He then turned his attention back to the three people in front of him.The old, and only, man of the group was old, ancient even, but didn't seem too threatening or strange, other than his weary appearance.

The women on the other hand. The younger one's laugh chilled Jesse. And her ominous questioning of if she could do 'it' didn't make him feel any better. The older, and as he noticed quite well endowed, of the women had a smirk on her face that made him more uncomfortable than the younger one's laugh. In all honesty, had he been in the shop that was his destination, and saw these people, he honestly would have considered going elsewhere for his meal.

"Wh...what's going on here?" he asked. "Where am I, and...where's the sandwich shop?"
Last edited by Shadowmaster on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Jack sits in his basement playing Big Team Battle on Halo Reach, and annihilating face in the tank. He had settled himself into a depression in the landscape, scanning the hill ahead for anything to pop its head out.

A Revenant crests the hill, he swiftly turns the cannon of the Scorpion and squeezes the trigger. The vehicle goes up in a ball of flame.

Jack smirks. "Tank beats Revenant..."

A Warthog flies over the hill, its driver swerving back and forth as the gunner desperately fires the LAAG mounted chaingun ineffectually into the armored plate of the tank. The driver was good, but Jack was better. Soon the 'double kill!' medal pops up, as the Warthog eats a cannon shell.

Jack chuckles. "Tank beats Warthog..."

Then it looks like the floodgate opens, as the enemy team charges over the hill! Jack swerves the cannon back and forth, the kills racking up and up as soon the 'rampage!" medal pops up on his screen.

Jack just nods with satisfaction at a job well done. "Tank beats everything!"

And then... he falls through the chair he is sitting on. Landing on his rear with an 'oomph!' as he looks around, wide eyed... a unplugged controller in his hands.

"... what the heck?" Is all he has to say, as he looks at his fellow transportees and the strange people next to them.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Vomica » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 pm

David makes his way to the retirement home, not because he has relatives there, or even a friend. He's just going there to give the elderly someone to talk to! They can get quite lonely after all, and David is doing simply because it is the right thing to do... not because he enjoys it, or even gets a good feeling from being 'nice'.

Dressed in a pair of casual, yet still nice clothing, he hops up the few steps to the door. Taking one last moment to check his phone, he texts his girl friend 'I'll be over in three hours. Keep a Dew cold for me!' Placing his hand on the door, he yanks it opening. Finding himself looking at a singularity, he raises an eyebrow "Hmm. How odd. When did they install a... OH GOD IT'S A BLAAAAaaaahhh--" And with that he is sucked in!

Who knows how inter-dimensional travel works? Clearly it does based on the anthropic principle! Regardless, David is spat out rather indignantly on the ground from a few feet over the ground. A small cloud of dust encircles him upon the rough landing. Standing to his feet, he brushes the dirt off grumbling to himself. A laughter then reaches his ears, perhaps like a banshee... but more shrill.

Turning in place, he sees the three figures facing him, and with his peripheral he can see the others who have been... transported. Not recognizing the architecture of the building in the distance, and with an entirely different set of weather at the moment... David is pretty sure he is somewhere else! Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Brnin8r » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:20 pm

[Insert previous introductory post]

As he walked away, he felt a small twinge inside him. He didn't need to get so upset, but damnit...no one would respect him if he wasn't tough as nails. He clenched his fists tightly around the strap of his bag, anger positively dripping from his pores.

...that is until there wasn't a floor to be standing on...

His grip tightened on the strap but then quickly loosened to grab onto...nothing. Nothing but a surprised grunt came from his mouth as he fell down for what seemed for forever...and then hitting the ground almost immediately after he dropped. Landing square on his bottom he fell down to his side. He quickly looked around to find...a grassy area? Surely he'd be in some underground tunnel or something like that...

He was disoriented and quickly got to his feet, "Buh...what..." he mumbled confusedly before looking to the three other confused people and then to the other three that seemed pretty on top of things. "Who are you? Where am I?" he asked in as gruff a manner as his currently shocked voice could muster.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Postby Shy Shay » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:27 pm

The man looks around, tiredly. He is about to speak, when the little girl speaks up instead.
"
"Hiya! Our little friend here," She pats the man, "Did us all a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig favor by bringing you here!" She giggles again. The man shakes his head. He is about to speak again when the woman speaks up, in a sultry tone.

"You know, I don't think that they know what's going on~ Should we tell them, big boy?" The man does not seemed even affected by the flitasious nature of her conversation.

"You are-" And he is cut off again, by the little girl.

"You are here on earth!" She giggles. The man sighs.

"You might-" And he is interupted again, by the woman.

"You three should have seen this world on the... um... Telly Vision? Is that right?"

The man sighs, as he starts again. "This is known, by the people on your earth, as the world of Avatar the Last Bender."

The little girl giggles. "And us seven have the chance to become the Avatar!"

The woman smirks. "Of course, don't you think that we're going to play fair~" She starts pointing at each of the four in turn. "Let us see~ Who should go first~" The girl giggles again, even more sinsterly as the last ones.

"This is going to be fun!"

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Vomica » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:23 pm

David's mind skips a few beats. Either he has gone crazy, he is having an extremely lucid coma, or the concept of a single universe is totally false and this is real. Pushing the implications of the third possibility out of his mind, he worries on if this... is actual reality. The words these people speak... the black hole.. it all happened. They are speaking English, right? Nonetheless he can understand them...

Checking his cell phone, he discovers there is no signal. Concluding that this is real, or convincing enough that he can't tell it a part, he looks over the three figures... and then his three companions. Speaking up for the first time, he says "...my question is... how do we get back? They have need of me back home." He'll let the weight of the situation shatter his psyche is a bit.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Jack takes this all in. His impassive visage half his innate nature, he wasn't easily phazed, and half disbelief. Finally he speaks up.

"Let me get this straight... we are in a fictional world from a television show?" He looks over to the Earth Kingdom village... it certainly looked real... plus the whole vanishing from his seat thing. After another moments consideration he continues.

"Why did you bring me here... and how?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Shadowmaster » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

"Avatar?" Jesse asks. He had seen that show a few times before, but that's all it was, a show. Some cartoon made to entertain children. He let his thoughts sit on that idea for only a moment. It was ridiculous, after all, to believe one could be brought into the world of a TV show.

Though, he certainly wasn't anywhere near the shop he had walked into. He didn't recognize anything, so wherever they were, it wasn't likely that he'd be able to get back alone.

"Look, whatever it is you want to do here, you can count me out." he says. "I've probably already missed my lunch break completely, so now my whole day is going to be thrown off, so if you could just send me back home, it would be much appreciated."
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Griz was blank, simply staring out at the three shouting or proposing or being interrupted as if this is all normal.

"What is...Avatar?" he asked confused. As the other three guys around him seemed just as confused began mentioning TV shows, he knew he was in the wrong place. He hadn't watched TV in years...no time and no need. Especially for cartoons.

"This doesn't make any sense. But if you guys want to party, have fun." he said as he turned around to leave towards the city. Maybe he could charter a flight home. It'd be expensive but hey, anywhere than with these insane folk.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shy Shay » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:19 pm

The three figures ignore all of there questions, but some of them are answered as the old man waves his hand.

Griz, who was walking away, suddenly has a portal in front of him... which leads to back to the three people. The lady smirks. "Oho, do we have our first victem~?"

The man nods. "Appears so."

The little girl giggles again. "Yippe! Yippe! Our first play thing!"

Before Griz could possible react, the woman is suddenly next to him, and he... well, he can't move anything except his head. "Let's see~ What should we change first~?"

The man looks slightly less grey and slightly less tired as he watches, and the little girl pouts. "Aw, no fair. You always go first."

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Vomica » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:10 pm

David does not respond positively to this. That confirms it! This was not a matter of chance, but an active choice by these three beings. This was a direct usage of the supernatural... or at least what he thought was super natural. Perhaps it is just beyond his current understanding of natural...

His concerns only grow when the woman seemed to bring a portal into existence with very little exertion, and then blinked next to one of his fellow abductees. Unconsciously, he lowers his stance, a throw back to the two years of wrestling he did in high school.

He raises both of his eyebrows high until his forehead is furrowed, asking in a stern voice -- that he tries not to have sound demanding -- he says "Victim? Play things? Under no authority does anyone have the right to speak about others in such a fashion. What ever you are doing, you best stop now. Or I will be forced to act against you."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Shadowmaster » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Jesse remains silent as he watches the spectacle before him unfold. That woman, she's able to do things no one should be able to do... he thought. He then looked over at the other two strange people. And they can probably do things like that too. Oh man, we're all gonna die. He began looking around the area, looking for anything that may allow him a chance to escape, to get away from all of these people.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Brnin8r » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:34 am

Griz was probably the last one to know or comprehend what had actually happened. One moment he had the odd city in front of him, the next he had the odd city still in front of him...just fifteen steps backwards. "Hey, what the hell's going on here?" he bellowed as he tried to turn to the other people, though when he tried all he accomplished was turning his head exactly as the woman popped into existence next to him...the shock of seing the voluptuous woman nearly toppled him to the ground...except that all it looked like was his head reeling back in surprise.

He really didn't like what they were talking about.

"Hey, I don't care what you sick people do in your spare time, just leave me out of it! All I want to do is get home!" he tried with all his might to break whatever was holding him to the ground mid-pace, shaking his head furiously from side to side to no avail.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Jack watches this unfold... things were looking rather bad. These people were obviously ignoring them and had a plan... which he didnt feel like sticking around to find out about.

He leans over to Jesse and David, whispering. "While they are distracted with whatever they are doing with that other guy... run for it in separate directions."

Being out of shape, he knew this wouldnt really work for him, but maybe the other two might make it.
Last edited by Knight Errant on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying