Make a TF Foundation: Shay vs High School!

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Make a TF Foundation: Shay vs High School!

Postby muffinstud » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 pm

[While this is technically Muffin Room territory, there are a few rules that I would like to set from the beginning.]
[1.) This is Shy Shay's request. If you would like to join, feel free. Remember though, that as this is someone else's special request, you are not the star. Shay is.]
[2.) As per the request, this will be happening in a very normal kind of environment. Any characters you bring in should fit in. No super technology. No magic. No GodModding. Anything that would pop the bubble of this little world will be shunned and ignored. The Mods are watching.]
[3.) If you do join and wish to play a female character, I would request you start out as a female. As per the request, the transformee would like to see reactions from both sided of the gender fence, and that would be skewed if she encountered people going through the same ordeal. It would also take her out of the spotlight, making this less special. So please, if you join, don't expect to get a TF unless Shay explicitly approves.]
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Make a TF Foundation: Shay vs High School!

Postby muffinstud » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Quincy High School. An average high school in your average town. It's a bright, sunny day, making it all the more miserable for all those teenagers cooped up inside. The first bell rings, marking the start of the day. Students begrudgingly end their fun, interesting lives and commit to the afterlife of public education.

Before any class period starts, students must report into homeroom. Here Teachers mark them tardy for the day, feed them lines about how important the next pep rally is or isn't, and all in all try to do the most horrendous thing a teacher could to a teenager: connect.

It is in one of these homerooms, Mr. Finkel's, to be exact, that we find our strange story begin. And a strange tale it is, for this tale manages to take the doldrums of high school life and make them... interesting.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shy Shay » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Justin walks up to school and sighs, heading to Mr. Finkel's homeroom. It was a same old boring day... it was just a month after school started, so things were still warm or cool. Cool if you wore a T-Shirt, warm if you wore a jacket. Today he wore a T-Shirt, so it was, naturally, chilly.

He lived near school with his mom and... mom. He didn't get any more populare becouse of that. The school wasn't very understanding.

His only true friends have either moved away, or moved on. They all have girlfriends or have joined one of the so-called 'cliques' in the school... he's been eating alone since half way through the first year.

He was a junior, a year older then usual due to various mistakes. 17. He was an average student... B's and C's. Barely a C in gym... he's not that fit. Mostly becouse he spends all his time playing video games... like the new one, Kingdome Hearts, Birth by Sleep. He was content with his life, in a way that he didn't want to exert any more effort then he had to. He breezed by life... he could do amazing things if he put himself to it, but he just, well, doesn't want to. His appearance is average, as well... a bit taller then average, a bit thinner then average, but that's it. Brown hair and brown eyes.

He is actually quite smart, which is how he managed to breeze through school so far. Take the easy courses, listen in a half stupor, do the homework-- half the time-- and get solid grades on the tests, and he was set. He could ace the AP courses if he bothered to put in the effort... but, as menchaned before, he doesn't.

Despite his somewhat stoic appearance and attitude, he is actually quite kind. He never intentionally hurts somebody, and he always holds open the door for others. Despite this, however, he is begining to get slightly bitter from being alone for one and a half years.

He brings his lunch, an apple and some goldfish. His backpack with all of his school suplies. He looks around at all the familar faces... none of which know him... and sits down, starting his day.
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Random NPC/Cheerleader Crystal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:52 am

*The captain of the cheerleading, Chrystal, watches as Justin rolls into Mr . Finkle's home room class. She has been watching the lonely looking boy come thru those doors every morning since the beginning of the school year. She felt sorry for the guy, but was unsure what to do about it. He was one of those who didn't 'BELONG' anywhere, and her status as the captain of the Cheer squad meant she shouldn't or couldn't do anything to help him without being ostrisized for it herself, after all, she had a image and a reputation to protect, right. But it still didn't make it any easier for the girl to not to anything...'Maybe after school tomorrow?'... she things while waiting for Mr. Finkle to arrive...

((Hope you don't mind a NPC like her in the mix, you say the word and I let her go for your use, but I would like to play her out if that's ok? Shay, Muffin))
Random NPC/Cheerleader Crystal

Postby muffinstud » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:41 pm

[I don't mind.]

Mr. Finkel is tall, balding, somewhat out of shape, and in yet another knitted sweater. He has a collection. Mr. Finkel, who was totally there the whole time, really, stands up and starts blathering on about the morning announcements. It's the same drivel as usual. The chess club meets during the afternoon break. Students trying to start up a hockey club, does anyone want to sign up. More people are wanted for drama club too, we're doing improv. The blathering stops as soon as Finkel calls Justin's name. Everyone turns to look at him as Finkel continues.

"Our school has been chosen to participate in a new exchange program. Our very own Justin will the the sole participant during the trial period. Everyone give him a hand!" Finkel smiles while everyone claps half-heartedly for Justin. "Justin will be staying here for the duration, which kind of defeats the purpose of an exchange, but oh well. He does need to report to the Nurse's office to get checked out first, as a part of the program." Finkel motions towards the door. "Well, go on. You can make it back before homeroom's over. If not, I'll tend to your things."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shy Shay » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:38 pm

[^^ I'm good, so long as it is clear that I am the only one that is going to get TF'd. If anybody else feels this is unfair, then post a request in 'Make a TF Foundation', and I might pick it up for you!]

Justin blinks. He was not expecting this. Not at all. What the seven rings of h-- heck was going on? He was doing fine without getting noticed, and he didn't want to deal with so-called 'friends'... he sighs as he heads to the door, then the nurses office. No reason to make a fuss.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:00 pm

*Jason, the school computer geek snickers as the Justin heads out of the class room...'Man am I glad mom told me about the program so I could hack the system and make sure I wasn't the one...hehehe, void boy is in for a...interesting time if what I read in that synopsis is anywhere near right' he thinks to himself.
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 am

[Hmm, so a cheerleader and a computer geek so far. Potential...]
[Oh, and one last thing. Do you want the tf to happen all at once, or spread out over a few periods, or over the whole day?]

After Justin leaves the homeroom, things revert to normal. Normal in Mr. Finkel's homeroom is, of course, total anarchy. Sure, he tries to keep things down, but with all those teenagers in all their cliques and hormones and whatnots that he hasn't understood even when he was their age, he has no chance.

Crystal is propositioned by a slightly less pretty girl than herself. "What shampoo do you use? Your hair smells really nice!"

Jason can see the two girls talking right in front of him. He has the choice either to watch the two beauties, or actually listen to the guy behind him talking about the latest Doctor Who episode.

Meanwhile, we find our hero...
Inside the nurse's office, Joy Caruthers hums to herself as she fills out some paperwork. She looks up and smiles at Justin. "Oh, hello there, Justin. I've been waiting for you. Have a seat." She motions him to the bench where she does her examinations. It's not exactly huge, but it's big enough for him to lie down, and is covered with that annoying paper at the doctor's office that always crinkels underneath you in the most uncomfortable ways.

Nurse Joy stands up from her desk. It was a common joke among the kids to compare her to Nurse Joy from the Pokemon series, as she had short cropped fiery red hair. She takes great pride in never having played a single game in the series, seen a single TV show, or bought a single card, giving her an uncanny ability to mangle all sorts of references to them as she tries to relate to the kids.

"So, you're the lucky one picked for the exchange program, hmm? Well, we've almost got all your paperwork filled out. Looks like you'll need a flu shot though. It's the season to be Sneazle!"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shy Shay » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:16 pm

[Oh, I'm fine with whatever. Surprise me!]

Justin sweatdrops. Or would, if that was possible in the real world. "A flu shot? I already had one last month..." Justin sighs as he rolls up his sleeves. He hated needles, but what was he going to do? He looks around idily as he waits, trying to distract himself from the impending pain.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:46 am

Nurse Joy shrugs. "I know, I have your records. But the program insisted to the point that you can't participate until I give you this shot." She jabs him in the arm and Justin can feel the cold vaccine being pushed into his bloodstream. "There, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Nurse Joy nods to him and goes off to finish her paperwork.

Strangely, Justin can feel the cold throughout his arm. Most shots just feel odd at the injection site, but this one leaves his whole arm slightly chilly, and it's creeping up into his shoulder.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shy Shay » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Justin blinks. "Um... Nurse Joy? Is this supposed to feel cold?" He was worried, though he wasn't letting it on. He didn't know WHAT was going on, but he was almost sure that it wasn't good. Shot's don't work this fast, to say the least. The fact that it's cold as well...

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Nurse Joy doesn't look up from her paperwork. "That's one of the side effects. Don't worry. You might also feel an upset stomach and tightness in your chest. If you do, just sit down and take a quick breather." She finally looks up and smiles at him. "But don't let the teachers catch you Snorlaxing in class, you can't rest that much!" She waves him off. "So go on, enjoy your day."

The cold in his arm reaches down his shoulder and reaches his heart. It feels like someone tossed a bucket of ice cold water all over him, but on the inside. It gives him goose pimples all over, especially on his scalp.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shy Shay » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Justin rubs his skin, trying to get rid of the feeling as he stands up. "Okay..." He knows that one of the best ways to get rid of pain is to ignore it and go on with your day. So he does just that as he walks down the hallway, shivering ocasionally and trying to warm up, heading for his classroom.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 am

As he walks back to homeroom, Justin will find that his body warms back up to normal. However, if he rubbed his arms at all during the shivering, he would notice he could hardly feel the hair on them at all. In fact, the hairs were so light that he might as well not have any hair there at all. Oddly enough, his face feels just as fine and smooth.

He reaches his homeroom just in time for the bell. His next class is Trigonometry with Mrs. Wilson.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shy Shay » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Justin shakes his head as he goes to sit down. He'd deal with this later... for now, he has math. Not his favorite class, to be sure, but better then some of the others.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying