[FFRP] A Psychological Experiment. (OOC)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [FFRP] A Psychological Experiment. (OOC)

Postby Zilla » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Sorry for being inactive, first there was an internet snafu last week, and then there was something really personal and somewhat traumatic over the weekend, and I also have overtime and worked both days on the weekend (16 hours of overtime! :D)

It might take me a bit to get back into it again, but I really really don't wanna drop out!

And Harriet... would you mind staying in just 'cause? I know it won't be the same, and I know it'll bug you and you probably don't wanna, but I was thinking... another aspect you could play on is that you don't wanna be forced to relate to this other kid, as if just 'cause they're the same age as you, you gotta like them. You can play the jealous one who is jealous of the attention that the other young person is getting and feeling all conflicted because you shouldn't feel jealous about someone being treated like a kid, 'cause you're an adult, but you are jealous!

What I'm saying is that it's perfectly alright to pretty much hate that character, 'cause that'd be a fun dynamic, and I think you'd find fun ways to deal with it. ^_^
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Zilla: Really sorry, I'm trying not to rush things forward and leave anybody behind. Thank you for the insight, as well...

Kaizer: the action you narrated your character doing would take somewhere in the neighborhood of at least a half-hour, and we could really get into some serious skewed-time problems with that...not to mention Valerie was just asking people what they wanted a moment ago and nobody particularly answered (aside from Chris mentioning fish?). I might have to act as if the post hasn't happened yet for my next few at least if it's not revised, just to make things make sense.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Zoey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Well, time wise Im really confused as to whats happening . Also I know they were planning to make dinner or something, yet I didn't see any movement. So, I just wanted to start from a fresh slate than try to follow a page's worth of stuff and kinda jump from that. I dont mind changing the post, but yeah... @__@
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:45 pm

:mrgreen: I would agree with Zilla here Harri, the dynamic could let your character cut loose with jealousy and tantrums while trying to fight it with her adult perspective. And it would help keep the gameplay perspective enjoyable for everyone
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Okay, thanks guys. I guess I should be good at RPing the tantrums out, right? Sorry for doing this. It was really dumb of me. I'd like to continue. It's a really great RP idea.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Shy Shay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:34 pm

^^ Don't worry about. I'm just glad that you're staying.
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Okay, time for a status-check of recent posts in the IC...
Name: Last posted
Miku-Chan: 2 pages ago
Ickle Harri-chan: Very recently
Roggamer22: Present page
Kaizer: Just over 1 page ago
Shy Shay: Very recently
Zilla: 3 pages ago(!)
Whatevr89532: Very recently
Maiden Miki: Very recently
Nikki: Not there yet?
muffinstud: 3 pages ago(!)
Ookalf: Very recently
all_knowing_frog: Very recently

...We have a bit of a problem. I have to ask players who have posted recently to take a short break, in an attempt to give the players who haven't posted in 2 or 3 pages enough time to catch up. I have to ask the latter set of players to attempt to catch up...if you don't want to read that much, I can pretty much summarize that lunch is being cooked in the upstairs kitchen, and a new person (all_knowing_frog's character) has shown up. I think that's all that should be terribly relevant(?)

If someone who hasn't posted in awhile is having trouble or in the process of reading/thinking up a post, please post a note to that effect here in the OOC, so I at least know you're still around...if I don't hear from someone I'll try a PM or something.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Shy Shay » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Muffinstud hasn't been online in a while, sadly. Though may I said that I am increadibly impressed with your dedication to this RP, if I may say.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Im sorry, I started university and I've been up to my neck with work so the boards are instantly downed to the last in the list of priorities for me. I'll try to be more active, though!
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Zilla » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 pm

I keep starting to catch up on posts, then I get called away, and then it starts slipping my mind... it's kinda daunting to catch up on 3 pages in that state, but I should just make a post about finding my room, to stop it from being held up like this... ^^;;;;

Edit: and I've been trying to really think of what would be in Linda's room, and... I just can't form a really good idea of the stuff in it... I kinda feel like, I don't know what I'm /allowed/ to have in my room, like, could I have a jacuzzi, or a science lab, or a rack of swords, or just little things like books and television and bed and whatnot, nothing too serious?

Edit edit: I posted, but my question stands, as I plan to go over my room more thoroughly in the future...

I also kinda wanna know if we can expect more changes after the initial one, 'cause it is an experiment after all ^_^
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:23 pm

@kaizer-you've been doing relatively well; don't worry too much about it. I can understand and appreciate many other things being more a priority than this, and attempt to respect it.

@zilla-I know, 3 pages, ugh. This is why I try to slow things down when they start getting bad instead of this far along, but sometimes I don't catch it quick enough or such... Your post in the IC is fine; odd as it sounds it probably hasn't been that much actual time passed for the characters anyway. As for the rooms, well...I really didn't think of any rules to begin with, so I'm just sort of letting people post whatever and then if I have a problem with it I'll take it up and ask for an edit before the room's appearance has an effect on anyone else...though so far I haven't seen any problems with anyone's room. (I'll admit I think some of the other characters might be a bit jealous of Natalie's, XD)

@shay-I should probably make a note that at this point in time in the IC Natalie is still trying to make her own food...presumably using a second oven or somesuch.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Shy Shay » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Ah, that's right, thanks.

Corruption is fun.

Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zilla » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 am

gonna wait on Muffin then?
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm really...just waiting on...Miku.
I don't like being the person who has to relay this..and this is why I haven't said anything in a couple of days, but I got a PM...
muffinstud wrote:Sorry about the down time. I've been thinking, and I don't think I'll be able to keep my character up. So, rather than keep a spot warm for me, I'd rather see an open room for someone else to join. Sorry, I really wanted to have some fun with your rp, but I just ended up not having the necessary time to do it justice.

:(
In light of some other news I found in the welcome forum, this makes sense...I think my first step will be to assess what "damage" would be done by ignoring muffin's posts so far, in-character; and if it's relatively minimal, we can do that. Unless someone wants to take up the character...though if that happened I'd rather it be a player not already in this RP, which is even less likely than someone joining with a new character.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Sorry, I have been busy at work and planning out my vocaloid contest for the convention last weekend, plus a couple other distractions... I will try to post something by a.m.
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying