Burnt on Notice RP Signup and RP Nexus Update

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Burnt on Notice RP Signup and RP Nexus Update

Postby Zoey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Heya guys, 2 important things to tell ya about. First of all, as many of you might might have noticed RP Nexus is no longer active. If you've ever been curious on the RP or were part of it and want to continue from where your character left off, feel free to join us via IRC at channel #Nexus . If you need more details on IRC feel free to PM me. I won't be there, since I got stuff to do today, but later tonight I will be so check for a Zoey there :p

<($_$<) ....................................... ^(o_o)^.................................................(>^_^)> .............................................

Now that, thats out out of the way on to the main course. This new RP idea of mine will not be so big in people. I want to make an RP last, but a novice GM like myself can only handle so much. So, with that said, there will only be 4 (Four) (4)(Cuatro)(The number after 3)(The number before cinco) spots for the RP.
Don't worry though, it wont be first come first serve. I'll choose among the best 4 sign ups for the RP spot so make em count.

Now on to the details. If you have seen Burnt Notice you might have guessed what this is will be like and that Im probably gonna get sued for stealing the name. For those who dont know, I shall explain.

Be aware that this is a Spy/TF RP. You'll start out as international spies and thats how much I can tell you because if I tell you more, I'd spoiling ya, wouldn't I?
I do however can tell you, you men and women work for a top secret international organization founded after the cold war. However the RP will be set in the present 2010. You'll be in for some rough times, but I have faith in your abilities. Be aware this RP will use our universe with some aspects of fantasy to give it more doom and awesome to spice up the action. Bottom line, no animal hybrids, no magical beings. Just plain human beings with maybe some skill.

Name: (The name, not what they called him/her in middle school. So I hope I dont see, poppy head here)
Backstory: (Some nice background so I know a bit, tell me about your character)
Apperance: (Just to give me an idea of how he/she looks like)
Abilities and specialities: (These can range from martial arts expert, nuclear scientist, Weapons expert, Tech master, and any abilities your character might posses. Here im gonna be a bit more flexible on the reality thing. So if you want your guy to be a mind spychic, fine. But dont expect to be moving cars.)
Edit: TF PREFRENCE! (Almost forgot this :P) (What do you want to end as? If theres anything specific you might want feel free to ask. We could work something out aslong as its not outragious)

I'll close sign ups as soon as I get my 4 victims. Till then, they stay open or until I change my mind. I'll update this post if anything else come up. Good luck heros and in the words of Stan Lee : EXCELSIOR!... I think thats how you write it

<__<.... oh well....

Look more Kirbies! (>^___^)>
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Re: Burnt on Notice RP Signup and RP Nexus Update

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:29 pm

This sounds really good to me. Never seen that show, but I'd still like to take part. I'll get back to you with a character proposal :)
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Name: James Bond
Back-story: It’s James Bond bitch…
Appearance: Sean Connery version
Abilities and specialties: pimp master/seduction, armed/unarmed combat of all forms, blatant plot devices, did I mention pimp master?
Preference: surprise me

(yes I’m trolling you)
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

are you going to schedual play times on IRC, or post play updates on the intro page?
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:06 pm

No this RP is all in the forum
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Name: Jason Bourne/David Webb
Backstory: Duh...its Jason Borne
Appearance: Matt Damon type
Abilities and specialities: unarmed combat, weapons expert, driving expert, uber assassin, computer tech, college professor on politics and history...need I say more
TF PREFERENCE! surprise me...

(yes I am mocking Zero and trolling as well, I like to watch...hehehe)
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 am

Name: Sarah Fisher

Backstory: Sarah's family had always been involved with the military. As her parents moved from country to country for her father's job often, she was sent to a military boarding school in England. After graduation, she took a series of military aptitude tests before being placed in Royal Marine training. Her progress was swift and impressive, and by her mid twenties she'd been moved to a far more secretive organisation within the military.

Appearance: Her body is very slim and toned, slightly tall for a woman, but not at all bulky. While her natural hair colour is blonde, she often dies it for the purpose of disguise, and currently it's red.

Abilities and specialities: While proficient at both armed and unarmed combat, and possessing a strong interest in hacking computers and electronic locks, Sarah's real strength is in her ability to remain undetected. Rather than go in all guns blazing, she prefers to climb or crawl, or do whatever she needs to in order to find a quiet way in where she won't be noticed.

Edit: TF PREFRENCE! Age Regression! Yay!
Last edited by Harri-chan on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Run to the hills its a trolling invasion! D:
*hides*

Anyways nice sign up, Harri
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Eh... why not?

Name: James Banner (dont think I wasnt tempted to have his last name be Bond)

Backstory: Banner, James Banner used to work for the FBI as one of their top agents. But a government salary didnt really appeal to him after awhile and he went rogue... selling secrets to both sides for awhile before being picked up by this latest agency and being given a choice between working for them and being locked in a high security prison for the rest of his days. He grudgingly chose the first.

Apperance: James usually wears a black suit and tie and reflective sunglasses. He has a medium build, and black shoulder length hair.

Abilities and specialities: James is an expert driver, pilot, and marksman. He also is a master of stealth infiltration, hand to hand combat, and information warfare. His greatest abilities come from a horrible accident he was in years ago... which prompted a rebuild of him by the US government. He is a cyborg now, which is rather useful for keeping various spy gadgets hidden under his skin. It also allows him to directly interface with computers from a port on the back of his neck. He considers this worth the trouble of setting off metal detectors wherever he goes.

TF Preference: I am assuming you know my general preferences. If I am accepted perhaps we can bounce a few ideas off each other to find a specific idea, heh.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Vomica » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Name: Matthew Alan Rodger

Backstory: Matthew has some what of a troubled childhood. His mother was never around, and his father had a thing for the sauce, thus he was left to his own devices for long stretches of times. From a young age he displayed higher then average abilities at mathematics, spatial reasoning, and logic. Thus he was encouraged to explore pass times and hobbies by his family, when present, and teachers to best apply his talents. In middle school he discovered his affinity, or to be precise his love, of technology. Of computers. His mental gifts manifested themselves best when he stared into that warm soft glow of a computer monitor. He taught himself how to program. By himself he built working models of existing systems. It wasn't long before he discovered that people kept secrets on computers. Valuable secrets. In his mid teens when the dot-com boom blossomed into reality, he was one of those he took a less then noble path to riches. Unfortunately he was sloppy, and needless to say got in trouble with the law. As a minor he was left off easy, yet he still managed to get on a number government lists for his skills.

After high school, he went to a well known school. A rather prestigious school in fact... one of the better known schools on the west coast. Thanks to scholarships, and a grant from an anonymous donor, he paid no money out of pocket. Unbeknown to him it was the work of that anonymous donor that lead to his professors encouraging him to study in the fields of number theory, cryptography, and algorithm analysis. It was again the work of the anonymous donor that internships fell into his lap. And others seemed to never be viable. The anonymous donor was one of them. The anonymous donor wanted him. The anonymous donor was the NSA.

Upon graduating with honors, he was recruited by the agency. His work there was simple. Counter intelligence. He made great strides in information and data protection. Devising systems to not just hide information, but the very fact it was present. Unfortunately someone made a mistake somewhere along the line. And Matthew was blamed. Before he could be furthered indoctrinated into the system, he was kicked out. His security clearance revoked, and a flag put on his file.

From then on out he worked as a private consultant in information security. Working for the highest bidder. He never worked against his country, but he has no qualms about working against private citizens. Recently he has been getting field work from a number of domestic and off shore sources. Going into a secure location, cracking the system, and freeing the information.

Appearance: Matthew is 5'10. He has blue-green eyes, and shoulder length brown hair. Despite being a computer expert, he isn't a total nerd. He runs and exercises -- when times allows, thus he is in decent shape. He sticks to earthen tones in dress, leaning towards utility and practical clothing. He has obvious Easter European heritage -- it shows in his facial composition. Spending most time in doors, he is of fair complexion.

Abilities and specialties: Matthew is a programmer. A hacker. A casual philosopher. He has a knack for both digitial and physical locks. In reality, he has only a few peers when it comes down to cryptography. Being a former NSA agent, he has training in both fire arms and self defense. Nothing extreme, but more then enough to stop a knife wielding mugger. He can pick locks and hot wire vehicles. However what he always lacks is a sense of direction. He solves practical problems -- problems at his hands. He is not a detective, and he is not an investigator. If left to his own devices, he'd have no idea what to dismantle or reassemble.

TF PREFERENCE: To be honest I very much enjoy surprises. If you think something is best for the RP, or the character, it would likely produce the most interesting results.I'm fairly open. An RP can be fun with or without a TF, but when it is introduced... the stakes are raised. Really, as far as preferences go... well... I believe I've mentioned my dislikes before. That's the only thing I'm saying -- to avoid those if at all possible! (Though if the RP is long running, TFs like those won't come up~)
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:14 am

Okay, I think this will be a much people as I'll get so lets close sign ups. The actual RP will be up ASAP oh and all you silly people are accepted :p
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Return to Roleplaying