[FFRP] The attack of the Faeries!

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] The attack of the Faeries!

Postby Blindsense » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:58 pm

.: Hey, all. I just returned to the site, and I need a fun little wafoozle of a game to run while I work on a universe that I'm writing up. Feel free to jump in however you'd like - but be warned, there will be a slight plot and a number of transformations! XD :.

The sleepy suburban town of Iyoushi, Japan was absolutely boring. It had originated as a logging village due to its proximity to a large forested region, but in recent years it was known only as a sleepy little tourist attraction - much to the ire of both the thwarted loggers (the forest surrounding the village had been declared a national park in order to preserve the tourist appeal) and the local adolescent population. Indeed, constantly dealing with the camera flashes of foreigners on the way to and from school every day became quite the irritating ordeal. Many of the children had begun to take refuge in the forest proper during their free time, away from the well-traveled tourist paths. Little did they know that there was more to Iyoushi Forest than met the eye...

.: Just join as whoever (human or woodland spirit, I don't really care. XD) :.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Re: [FFRP] The attack of the Faeries!

Postby Kether » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:03 pm

(maybe abit more world building to give us an idea what exists?)
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blindsense » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:45 pm

.: Sure! XD I was gonna let you guys create the setting, but I guess I forgot to mention that, soooo. =P

The layout of the town is fairly basic. The residential areas lie on the outskirts, with commercial zones becoming more prominent as one heads downtown. For simplicity's sake, we'll say that the students that you'll be playing live in a small collection of houses right on the edge of the forest, adjacent to an old abandoned logging mill. There is a road that leads into a small commercial district that surrounds the high school - complete with several gift shops, small restaraunts, et cetera. Despite the abundance of potential locations for high schoolers to hang out, the tourist overflow prevents much enjoyment. Meanwhile, the forest is lush and undisturbed, and seems to to spread forever.

How's that...? =P .:
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 am

((Works for me...:)...))

Preston Cho, a 16 year old boy who stands 5 ft 10 inches tall with red blond hair worn in short spikes and hazel eyes. He is the child of an american lumber investor and japanesse banker, was heading out to his favorite part of the forest near his parents home. The old abandoned saw mill was a great place for him and his freinds from school to get away from the svhool, parents and tourists. They had repaired the old generator for the mill several moths ago, and had built themselves a hide away that served them all very well. Inside one of the old office areas, they had the video game room all set with their favorites and a small wifi lan let them run in several online tournaments. As Preston continues to get closer to the old mill, he wonders why things are so quiet today. The air had a strange feel to it as he opens the door to the building. Not hearing any sounds inside, he wonders if he is the first to arive. If so, then that means the others are late and todays Red Faction team battle eliminations would start late...
" Where is every one, I wasn't suppose to set the Lan up today?" he asks as he heads over to the main breakers to fire up the power grid and get thing started...
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Blindsense » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:40 am

.: Yay for interest! XD Hopefully we'll get a few more players soon. :.

Contrary to Preston's belief, he was not, in fact, alone. As he entered his usual LAN hub hangout, he heard rustling and muffled talking through the thin walls of the office. It seemed there was someone - or something - inhabiting the adjacent office space. As he sat there, the occasional yell of anger would interject the quiet mumbling - though the wall was thick enough to prevent Preston from understanding the words, the intent was clear. Someone was very, very angry.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Meanwhile, a girl about 15 years of age, with long, shoulder length black hair and blue eyes makes her way towards where Preston was setting up his LAN line party. Her name was Li Akuno. Li, to her friends, was not happy with the logging company destroying the trees in the forest. She was happy when the logging mill was closed down. Perhaps she could organize a school project to plant new trees at the abandoned mill. She had a strange connection to this forest, for some odd reason, but now, Li wanted to talk to Preston about the damages his dad's company was doing to the forest. She hoped others would help her in her cause.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Millinescence » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Sayako, a lithe faerie that who stands at just 1'7" with blond hair and a white gown sits idly on a tree branch. The humans have nearly destroyed their home a long time ago, at least that's what the elders told her. She had been observing the humans unnoticed for about a month now as they repaired the old generator to the abandoned mill and bring their strange contraptions inside. She was hoping that mill would stay abandoned, that it would just rot away. However, this particular group of humans weren't donning plaid flannel shirts nor carrying axes. Just what are they doing in there? It's about time to investigate...
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 pm

(Gel and Safebooru aren't really allowing Hotlinking right now, Millie...)

Ari, a boy that is 14 years old, was walking through the forest at the time. When he was younger he used to love travelling through the forest for fun. So he decided to travel through again for old times. "Wow... can't believe the forest looks the same as it did before... I guess that's a good thing, haha." He's wearing a black jacket and a white shirt underneath. His black hair is a little long but not long enough to be considered 'girly' or anything like that. He continues to walk until he spots Li. "Huh... who's that?" He walks over to Li.
Do as I say, but not as I do.
It's perfectly safe, so keep going.
Follow me close, but not too close.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:13 am

Li sees another person come over to her. "Konichiwa! I am Li Akuno...I heard they shut this logging company down, and I wonder if this would be a good time to start thinking about replanting trees on this site. You know, good for the environment and all? I have some saplings that need planting..."
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:04 pm

"Replanting trees, huh?" Ari thinks for a bit. "Well... I do like this forest... Sure, I guess I'll help, it's not like I have anything else to do today, haha." He looks around. "So where are you planning on planting these saplings? ...My names Ari Nakazawa by the way."

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:25 pm

The two green-minded teens Ari and Li were locked deep in their conversation, completely unaware of the pair of slanted eyes that rested upon the two. The woodland spirit was absolutely ancient by human standards, yet appeared as a 2-foot tall scale model of a woman in her late twenties. Her lengthy silver hair and gossamer wings betrayed her supernatural nature - but she was a master of stealth in the forest. She was confident that the ignorant humans wouldn't be able to spot her. As she watched the two and began to understand their intentions, she smiled - a deep, motherly smile of contentment. Joy flew through her heart to know that such young ones were so connected to the forest.

She whistled softly, prompting a massive butterfly - its wingspan at least four inches long - to land on her extended index finger. The insect was a picture of natural beauty, its wings painted with glorious blue and silver patterns. It emitted the soft glow that marked it as a Faetouched creature - one that had prospered at the hand of Faerie magic. She smiled again as she waved her hand towards the two humans - surely the two would appreciate such a beautiful creature. It was her reward to them.

Meanwhile, those within the abandoned mill would be able to hear the conversation in the abandoned room escalating - gruff male voices were locked in heated argument. Something was clearly amiss.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Li nods, blushing a bit at the willingness of the young man who wanted to help her. "That's great, you want to help me with replanting the forest! Let's find a clear area, and get started! I brought some tools in my wagon, along with gloves and the saplings, and some watering cans." She indicated the supplies she brought with her. "I wonder why the workers abandoned this place?"
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:12 pm

"Maybe they weren't making money...? Or maybe they had too many accidents here or something? Who knows, the point is that they're gone, which is good." Ari says, picking up a pair of gloves from the wagon. He looks around at the slight feeling that there's somebody else there, watching them. "...Huh..." He shrugs. "A-anyway... Yeah, when I was younger I used to love exploring this forest in my free time, so of course I'd be happy to help the forest grow."

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Li gets her gloves and brings her wagon over to start surveying the area for a good spot for new trees. "Where do you think we should start?"
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Ari puts on his gloves and looks around. "Well, it should be a spot with a lot of room but not too far away from all the other trees, right?" He looks around the area.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Next

Return to Roleplaying