[SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: No More Heroes–Issue 1: Just Another Day

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:41 am

The Sentinel walks in, looking around. The workers werent worth the effort, and likely wouldnt even understand him. He had to go higher up the food chain.

"Oi! Who's the head honcho around here?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:47 am

Too absorbed in her own thoughts and the task at hand, the Fox didn't notice the figure spying on them from behind the crates as she rushed inside, blue eyes taking in the scene from behind the White mask that concealed that small part of her face, and cringed at the shouting in the foreign tongue. Fox had no problem killing someone that deserved it, but these would just be normal people, trying to earn a living anyway they could in a city that offered them few oppertunities. When Sentinel spoke up, she nodded her head at him in understanding.

Sprinting forward, she used a conveyor belt as a springboard, launching herself at one of the armed men, a white boot flying out to catch him in the face, which sent him tumbling backwards and into a pile of cardboard boxes. Dropping into a crouch, she picked up the pistol the man had dropped. Aiming it upwards, she squeezed the trigger and fired two shots that echoed loudly through the warehouse. "We're closing you down!", she announced in her strong English accent. "So get yourselves down to the city's employment office and find REAL jobs, ones that will pay more than the peanuts on offer here! Now GO!", she finished with another shot.

Hearing raised voices in English from behind, she spun around to see three armed thugs burst through a doorway, two of them going after the Sentinel, and one after her. Ducking behind machinery, she dodged the first shots, drawing the guy further away from his friends. She twisted and spun through the narrow gaps in the machines and crates, with the thug in pursuit. Turning a sharp corner, she was faced with a wall, but ran at it, planting both feet against it and then kicked off, backflipping right over the head of the thug who had just turned the corner. Landing behind him, she unlodaded her pistol and tossed it aside, instead twisting the guy's arm backwards and wrestling his gun from his hand. Once she had his weapon, she spun him around and shoved him back against the wall, aiming his own gun at his chest, "Who's behind this?", she demanded.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Danarth » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Keeping himself hidden behind the piles of crates that he had ducked behind just as he entered. Peering up over the edges of the box, watching the events within the warehouse unfold. The male hero, one whom Daniel believed he recognized from the newspaper article as being 'The Sentinel, seemed to be rather calmer than the other one, the more gaudily dressed female hero, whom after some observing and try to sort through the list of new heros he had read about in the newspaper article he put a name to the out 'Flying Fox'. Keeping himself hidden as not to drawn the attention of any of the armed men in the room.

As he watched Fox spring into action, he had to admit being rather impressed by her acrobatics and fighting skills. Some of what she was doing reminded him rather a great deal of some of the acts he had seen some of the TV talent shows that he would occasionally watch on the television. The reminder was compounded by the style of her costume, which even with his dimished ability to see colour would certainly be gawdy like one would have in a talent show. He wondered if perhaps that was how she had started out, maybe as part of some extraordinary talent act, but had decided to take her skills into the realm of fighting crime.

As he listened to the loud yell from the Fox, he found the english accent she spoke with very familiar to him, as if he had heard it somewhere before, but he was not given a chance to think about it as he heard another yell from nearby. Another goon that had been in the warehouse, in a different part, came running along a gantry with a fellow goon. Deciding he wanted in on the action too, he would duck down behind crates and close his eyes tightly, imagining the wolf again, and suddenly the pain of the change would rip up through his body..

As the two goons passed by area where Daniel had been hiding, unaware there was anyone there, they were completely caught offguard as blurred shape jumped out at them, knock the first goon down. as the goon went down he would hit his head hard on a railing and knock himself cold. At this point the second good got the first good look at what had attacked them. A large grey wolf stood on fallen goon, fangs bared at the second goon who had become freaked out slightly as the sight of a wolf.

Daniel grinned inside himself as he snarled at the second goon for a moment before tensing his and launching himself at the second goon. This proved to be a rather misjudged attack, as the railing behind the goon gave way as Daniel leapt onto him, sending them both down, tumbling through various packing boxes and crates before both rolled along the floor. Recovering quickly and getting up, he would round on the fallen goon, who was picking himself up too. His weapon had been lost in the fall and now all he had was bare hands against a snarling wolf..
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Flannery » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Ellie hears a beeping. Curious he check his pocket and pulls out an iPhone looking device. On the front screen it reads "Urgent" He presses a button and reads the message The message says "The docks! May need back up! Come fast!" He puts his phone away. "Miss O'Neil I afraid I have some very bad and urgent news that I must take care of. Perhaps we can finish this over dinner later on tonight? How is 7:30 at the Club Grand. I always have a table reserved for myself and a guest. Please my treat."
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zilla » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Sandra's put off by the lack of response from her call to Katherine.

"Please leave your message after the tone." *BEEP*

"Kat, I need those papers!!" Sandra says with a little whine in her voice. "The paper is due by 8 o'clock, and I need those for my research!" she takes a few breaths and calms down, her hair settling back around her shoulders, as the agitation caused a bit of static buildup.

"Just give me a call when you can, I have class at the moment. You've got my number. Later." Sandra clicks the phone off and pockets it, striding to class.

-------
Class was rather dull, and she couldn't help letting her mind wander during the boring bits. She still felt a little raw from last night, but that feeling was fading as the day wore on. She slowly drew some energy out of the florescent lighting to help keep her body's energy up.

So when she was leaving the classroom, she wasn't caught too off guard as the doors flew open and woman with an exaggerated dark burgundy spandex headmistress outfit burst in. Her opaque horn-rimmed glasses hid her eyes, while a fake silver beehive adorned her head, and a large tacky pearl necklace coiled around her neck, her lips coated in a matching burgundy lipstick.

"You've all been bad little boys and girls!" she says, harshly hefting a large paddle. "It's time for some discipline!"
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Lois internalized a smirk instead displaying the standard ‘understanding annoyance’ look, “Very well I’ll keep you to that” she said crossly before exiting the room. Leaving the building pondering as she checked her PDA on city wide events ‘so process of eliminations makes it so that he’s not Sentinel, didn’t think so either does seem one to like guns. Guess it’ll be whichever one arrives in the next few minutes.’

The factory fighting instigated panic… these people were illegal immigrants so ‘Heroes’ were anything but that to them as there mere presence indicated likely cops and deportation would arrive soon, the result was a human stampede for the exits the mob pushing and crushing each other for the exits.

The lackeys weren’t brave but they weren’t stupid either, Heroes were just that for a reason and none of the ones beating them up would match the swimming with the fishes that would occur if they ratted on their boss. Facing a wolf however cowardice wins and they turn to attempt to flee clearly not getting paid enough to fight hero types. The noise of gun fire how drew up additional minion types from the back room, some pulling additional firearms into play.

Mark’s lunch was interrupted as the kids apparently get the rest of the day off, apparently a supervillian was holding up one of the local colleges so like all emergency’s the kids got the rest of the day off.

The Headmistress didn’t need to do much, many of the people in the class room clenched there eyes in pain after looking at the tightly clothed elder female, screaming “I can’t unsee it!!!” Needless to say the headmistress was not pleased to have that sort of reaction.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Flannery » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 am

As the door shut ellis left pressed the intercom. "Mary, reschedual my metting with Dyno Industries."

"Saving the day again Ellis?"

"For an hour or so."

Ellis press the button to his secret room. Ellis ran into the room and quickly dressed. He exits and walks up to his office's mantle. On it is a katana. He picks it up and straps it to his back. He run to a couch on the side. He slides it out of the way revealing a chute. He jumps in and slides down. The couch slide back into place. Ellis lands on top of a Crotch Rocket. He reeves it up and flies out of an ally and into traffic popping a wheelie as he does.
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zoey » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:43 am

"Another attack? Well that' nothing new considering all the things that happen in this city, but a villan at a local college? Thats new, what would he want there?" Mark thought to himself as he walked along the sidewalk after leaving his school, holding his backpack with one arm as he looked up at the sky in thought. "It wouldnt hurt to check, maybe its a low class villan. Maybe I can take care of it", he thought to himself, worried about the older college students. He sighed and considered his options. "I'm not a real hero, but... ok, if things get too hot, I scadadel and leave it to the real heroes", he finally concluded heading to the college.

As he hurried through the city, he passed the entrance to the docks, and was almost run over by two cop cars that zoomed through the gates with their sirens blazing. Getting curious, Mark decided to take a closer look, and ran through the dock area, following the sound of the sirens, and eventually reached the warehouse...
Last edited by Zoey on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:56 am

Fox pressed the gun to the man's chest, her eyes narrowing as she waited for him to answer. As she heard additional armed guards flood into the room somewhere behind her, she cringed and shook her head. It all happened so fast. She took a slight step backwards, the gun still pointed at the guy, her hips twitching just a little as a long leg suddenly came flying upwards, her boot catching the guy below the chin, and he collapsed to the floor, unconcious. "Crap.. ", she muttered as she turned and watched the extra help come running into the room.

Climbing up over the top of the machinery, she threw herself from the top of it, clattering into the chest of one armed lackey, sending him tumbling to the floor beneath her, where a quick punch to the face took him out. Wasting little time, she scrambled upwards and sprinted forward, kicking the rifle of another lackey upwards to smash it against his own face, then followed up with a kick to his stomach, before finally using the pistol she'd acquired to whack him across the back of the head, and he too dropped.

It was then the sound of sirens reached her ears from outside, and she sighed, "Damn cops, they're gonna clear us out and take the credit", she muttered. "Senty!", she called, "I'll deal with the cops! I figure you can handle these guys!". And with that said, she climbed over some crates and burst through a side door, out into the sunlight of the docks, just as a couple of cop cars pulled up infront of her. She frowned behind her white bandit mask as the doors flew open, two cops getting out of each of them, all armed, and three ran straight passed her, into the warehouse. The one left was a woman, pretty close in age to Fox. She had brown hair that was braided, with a navy blue hat on top and a nice figure. Her shirt was navy blue with short sleeves, low-cut and tight around her full breasts, her badge pinned to the chest, and she wore a matching navy blue skirt that came to her mid-thigh, showing off her long legs and a pair of high heeled shoes gave her a couple of extra inches in height. Walking over to the Fox, she pulled the large sunglasses from over her eyes, "Good thing we showed up to save your ass again, huh, Fox?", she smirked and walked inside.

At her sides, Fox's hands clenched into fists, and she was just about to turn and follow the Cop inside when she caught sight of a kid in school uniform wandering towards the building, "Hey, you! Get out of here, this is too dangerous for kids to be hanging around", she called, climbing over the female cop's car, and dropping to her feet, running up to the teenager. "There's some dangerous people in that place, but the Sentinel and I have it all under control, so there's nothing to worry about. You head on back to.... hey, wait, aren't you meant to be in school, kid?", she asked, putting her hands on her hips and looking down at him.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:14 am

Mark was utterly shocked when a woman, a super hero her assumed from her clothing, called his attention. He looked at her, a bit of fear on his eyes as he stared her down. "Didn't you hear? The University got attacked. They let us out of school because it's an emergency", he said explained, clenching his, fist ready to run or something if this woman turned hostile, but playing the dummy for now.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:39 am

"The university?". The stern look on the Fox's face was replaced with one of concern. She drew a deep breath and glanced back at the warehouse, before suddenly grabbing the boy by the hand. "Come with me. I need to get over there fast, and this place is too dangerous for me to leave a kid hanging about.. ". Tugging on his hand, she pushed him into the passenger door of the cop car and closed it, running around to slide into the driver's seat. "Don't you EVER do anything like this, got that, kid?", she spoke in a strong English accent, "I'm only doing this because it's an emergency! I just hope the Sentinel understands... ", she muttered, glancing behind her as she started the engine and reversed the cop car away from the warehouse, spinning the wheel to turn it around and hit the gas, switching on the sirens as she raced through the docks and out onto the city streets. "What's your name?", she asked as she weaved through the traffic.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:10 am

The Sentinel draws a pair of pistols, getting to work. He knew the pressure points to aim for, and even where to land a rubber bullet to kill. And he had VERY good aim.

He started ducking, rolling, shooting. Seeming to melt behind boxes and crates and crowds of fleeing workers just when the thugs thought they had him cornered, only to appear somewhere else... guns blazing.

As the human stampede finally clears, the only one left standing is The Sentinel, looking over a pile of moaning and unconscious minions and a few lackeys who weren't fast enough to escape. Gazing down at them with distaste, the only word he has for them is: "Pathetic."

And that is the sight that greets the officers as they enter. The Sentinel looks over at them. "Your late."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Danarth » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:05 pm

After the disarmed goon had fled, clearly terrified of the idea of facing a snarling wolf, the situation seemed to descend into even more chaos as more goons appeared and further fighting broke out between the two costumed heros. He would take out a few more himself, but he was only new to Daniel, so he was nowhere near as effective as the other two heros. As the fight seemed to wind up, the sounds of sirens outside would make his ears perk up and twitch.

This would not be good for him if the police caught him as he was now. They would just think he was a wild animal of some sort which would mean he was either likely to get captured, or worse, shot down. Bounding back up the gantry to where he had changed and left his clothing. Unfortunately, during the fight with the other two goons and the crash through the packaging crates, his belongings had gotten scattered in the scuffle. After the furitive search for his clothing got cut short by the the presence of the police within warehouse caused him to have to abandon his search and look for a way out to avoid the police...

Across the gantry the two goons he had fought with there was an open door, one that had been broken and obviously never fixed properly. Peering out from the side of the crates, waiting for the police to have their attention with the beaten up goons. Waiting till they are, he would then bound across the gantry and towards the door, hoping that no-one would catch sight of him. He would have to leave behind his clothes and other belongings, but that was better than being caught by the police.
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

As Ben does his walkthru of the damage, he cant help but wonder if Ms Murdock is this world version of the attorny Matt Murdock or Wilson Fisk. 'Could be either here' he thinks. Near the end of his inspection, his Spider sense starts tingling as he hear the news about Headmistress come on..." Ms Murdock, I got the inspection done. I will have the estimates for repairs and hero renforcement sent over by tomorrow afternoon." he says as he tries to exit the building without lookinglike he was in a hurry. Driving to a nearby covered parking structure he knows to be camera free, he quickly parks and dons his scarlet spandex. " And once more the High flying Scarlet Spider is in action" he quips as he webswings to the school...
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zilla » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Sandra can't believe the sight in front of her. Who does this clown think she is? But, if she were to become Sparker right now, it'd be patently obvious who she really was... And for such a low-level mook like this? Hardly worth the shot. Perhaps she could do something regardless, if she even needed to.

Martin, the big friendly campus security guard, came up behind the woman. "I'm sorry Ma'am, I need to see a visitor's pass." She rounded on him and with a deft stroke of the paddle, Martin was sent to the ground, out cold.

Maybe she's a little tougher than she looks... Sandra thought.

"Mind your manners, young man," she spat at Martin. "Now stay in time out until you can behave.

As for the rest of you, fall in line! I'm here to teach you all how to behave PROPERLY." She hefted her paddle as she strode inward. "NOW!" she shrieked, paddling a freshman fiercely on the rump.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying