[SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Meanwhile, Major Gloria and her away team arrived at the strange location. Before she and her team assembled, The Seer assigned her field commander, "Vambrance, you are second-in-command. Be careful and keep on your guard. No telling who or what we will encounter in this dimension."
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Danarth » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 pm

((My apologizes, Miki, i should have been paying proper attention))

Horo turned on her heels and strolled several paces to the side, away from the group of rest of the heros, wondering what it might be that the maid, Miki wished to talk about. There was a momentary, involuntary shudder as she looked at the maid outfit Miki was wearing. Not long ago, she had been wearing something very similiar and was glad to be free of it. Shaking a lock of hair loose as she stopped near Miki and Cat, crossing her priestess robe covered arms across her chest as she listened to Miki explaining her reservations about journeying with them to whatever lay beyond the strange note that. She could certainly sympathize with the maid's concerns, but thought it a worse idea to split up their small team for the moment.

"I can understand your fears, I do not imagine any of use are without fears and uncertainties...but we are in a strange place, so I think it would be far safer if we all stayed together.. These people seem to be a trustworthy enough lot, but this isn't our reality" she cast a brief glance towards the other group, then towards the third member of their little group, Cat "Besides, Cat here is going with us, and who knows what trouble she might get into without you, right?" she grinned at Cat for a moment, winking.

She turned on her heels without another word and strolled back towards the rest of the group, ready to see what happened next.

-After the jump-

The last sounds that rung in Horo's ears were the 'good luck' from the Guru, followed by the bang of their sudden emergence into this new world. After covering her ears for a few moments till the ringing stopped from the bang, The drawback of sensitive hearing, she began to look around to see what there was to see. It turns out that there really wasn't much to see at all. The only thing that stood out in particular admist the vast field of nothing was the strange tower off in a distance.

"Well, this is nice...."

She looked towards the one named Gloria and nodded for a moment "Yes...this is a crazy place already but on the other hand, I don't think it'll be easy for anything to sneak up on us" she then chuckled a moment as she looked back towards the tower off in the distance, she could make out only the shape of the tower from here, but she already imagined that it would be particularly unusual place to visit. "

"Seems like that is our next stop then...." she motioned towards the sky scraping tower...
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Cat listened to Mimi's dilemma, and then Horo's thoughts on the matter before nodding her head. The teenager reached one arm out, and settled her hand on the older teenager's shoulder.

"This is your decision, Mimi. If you really want to stay behind, then you should, but don't stay behind because you're worried about messing up. We probably wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for your help back there at the convention center fight. It's your choice", she said, and then stepped back towards the letter.

"Well... this isn't at all what I was expecting", she said as she looked around, at what seemed to her and her normal vision, a rather barren landscape. She frowned a little when Horo pointed into the distance, but nodded her head, trusting the girl's senses over her own. "You can lead the way Horo... ", she said, and began to walk after her.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Major Gloria adjusts her shield, and then sees where Lykos pointed towards. "Lead the way, Ms. Lykos. We will follow." She waits for Cat, Vambrance, and Margrave to continue. "You think our friends are being held in that tower?"
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 am

"Thank you for understanding," said Mimi as she bows to Catlina. She then stood there for a moment. Her mind was saying that it would be best to stay behind. That the time she takes being here could be used to develop her new abilities and be of greater use later on. Still, something in her was saying to go. Mimi was apart of a team now and as a team she should be there to cover her partner's weaknesses and the same for them for her. Then with one step, Mimi followed her teammates.

------------

Mimi looked around in the new world. Already she was had her sensors on full alert trying to pick up anything that there was in the area. She was close to Catlina and made sure to not stray far from her. Her eyes were flowing light green as to show that her senors were working.

"What a strange place," said Mimi as she was reading the data that was coming in.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Josie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:52 pm

-After the jump-

Vambrace could only at the shake his head at the scenery around the group. The sparking sky, the field of green in front of them and that eyesore of the tower, something about it just...urked him. "I swear to god, if I see one talking animal I'm punching it in the face..." He says, straightens his cestus with 'hpmh'.

He gazes toward the building off in the distance and starts off toward it. He looks back at Gloria and shrugs his shoulders. "It's the only building around for miles and miles. Only one way to find out exactly. Like Horo said though, they will see us coming no matter what. No luck with a sneak attack unless we could dig underground." He states, continuing towards the towering spire in front of them.
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Danarth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Horo raised one of her hands and placed them just above her eyes to cover them from the light so the glare did not effect her vision, she was still unable to make out any particular details of the distant tower, but since that was the only other place visible in this strange little world then there were not many places else they could go. Despite the great expanses of flat land around them, Horo had a nagging sensation of insecurity here, in an unknown, potentially hostile land was probably rather justified. Shaking her head for a moment before looking behind her to see who had managed to follow them from the first dimension. She was relieved to see that the three newcomers had all arrived and that her own allies had also arrived. The more variety of powers the better, especially here.

"I hope you all packed your hiking boots then...the tower does seem a fair distance away" turning on her heels, she looked at her own feet for a moment. Sandals were hardly good walking shoes. She shrugged a moment as she headed towards the tower, her sandals pressing into the vivid grass beneath her feet, moving towards the impossible tower before them.

She looked for a moment at Miki who seemed absorbed in her own analysis and Cat who seemed happy enough to follow her lead for the moment "Alright, but don't stray too far from the group....We don't know anything about this land or what we might come across and keep your eyes peeled, we need all the warning we can get"

Looking to the companions as they walked, her attenton on Gloria for the moment "Just call me Lykos" then she shrugged her shoulders "Seems like that is the most likely place for them to have been taken, I can't say I see any other structures or entrances around here" she shrugged a moment "Not unless they are buried under the ground" she swept out her hand in an arc, motioning to the vivid grass around "and I don't imagine that would be too pleasent."

Her Attention then shifted to Vambrace and his talking animal comment "Well, you know, you could already have been having a conversation with a talking animal" she reached up and flicked one of her wolf ears "These aren't just for decoration you know" she giggled a little before turning once more and strolling towards the tower "But yes, we don't have much of a chance of ambush or sneak attack in this situation" she tapped her cheek as she walked "But, I am not sure we can say the same for whoever lives in this place could very well ambush us..Let's just hope they don't."
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am

(Honestly I find it hard to commit energy to writing while I’m working on my thesis; just too much school writing drains my creative energy… I’ll try to post more on the break but next semester will likely be very slow as I’m finishing my master’s thesis)

Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Maiden Miki - Michael Anderson AKA The Hub – Mimi Eoria
Danarth - Daniel Horatio Blaidd AKA 'Lykos' – Horo Gleason
Kris_Roth - Major Gloria aka Gloria Rodgers
Josie - Sam Gardner a.k.a Vambrace
Kether - Vladimir Velenko, the Margrave

Vlad's armor and Mimi would find reading off the charts in ways that shouldn’t be physically possible given how physics worked or even what they knew of magic worked. Which really just meant that either this dimension wasn’t using the same set of physics that normally applied to their worlds or something was tampering with their sensors. Either case had dangerous implications for them and the others.

The others specialized senses didn’t fare much better as smells like caramelized skunk and other oddities would waft into her delicate nosed, only to disappear a moment later as if it had never existed.
Other things like wind would seemingly rotate which direction it blew from.

As the group trek towards the tower they would find the walk took much shorter travel time than they thought or should have been possible given their travel speed, though they had likely trans-versed something like 300 miles it somehow took them less than 1 hour of walking speed to reach it. The time and distance distortion of this world shifting measurements made both aspects moot in their relative terms as they would find this applied to the sun here as well, as it seemed like it wasn’t moving.
Upon reaching the tower they would realized that the tower was far larger then they imaged as they finally reached the front gate massive was a understatement the arced golden doors alone were likely larger then entire street blocks and probably something like 500 stores tall as well. They couldn’t see the end of either side of the building from where they now stood as if it had widened to encompass all which it may have just done that.

(I leave the goal of the social interactions between yourselves for the moment, as I have no character on scene yet)
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:37 am

Even though the walk hadn't taken anywhere near as long as it should have, Cat was looking quite irritable as they reached the giant golden doors of the tower. Used to limousines, helicopters and private jets, walking anywhere for an entire was not something she was used to. Even knowing it was going to give a bad impression to the heroes from this world, she just couldn't help sulking.

"Whatever is inside here better be worth it", she muttered.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Major Gloria approaches the doors to the tower, examining them closely for a way to enter. "Whatever or whoever is behind this tower probably knows we are here. Be on our guard." She looks for any triggers or traps. "Lykos, can you search for traps?"
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

"As amusing as letting her walk right into them would be we should probably check for traps.."
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Danarth » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 am

Horo kept her gaze focused on the tower they were approached, taking in the various details of the almost impossible tower. Shaking her head just a moment, in a vain attemp to clear her senses. This entire place had a wrong smell to it, as if things simply did not belong and did not make sense either. Neither was the constantly shifting wind helping her to adjust her senses to this bizzare place, so for the moment she tried to ignore her sense of smell of the place, though not an easy task, and focus on what she could see.

The sense of warped and wrongness were brought to her attention again rather sharply as the group found themselves all to suddenly at the door of the tower. Looking back the way they came, she could not find the place they had started anymore, the distance they had travelled and the rolling and constant plains made it impossible to distinguish anything except for the tower in front of them. Craning her neck to look up, even the gates and entrance to this tower were unbelievable vast. Shaking her head slowly at the sight of this.

"You know, I feel someone should make a joke about the owner of this tower trying to compensate for something....but I don't think anyway could have self-esteem that low.." she blinked again.

She turned as she heard the voice of the youngest member of their little group, Cat, who seemed to be sulking. Horo could not help but smile a little. It was rather cute to watch the girl sulk in the midst of all this madness...It seemed to add a bit of normality to this bizzare place.

"Well, I think there must be...no-one would make doors this crazy if they were not expecting company"

She approached carefully, her senses were still disorientated from this strange place, so she was being particularly careful right now, but she could do no more than that. She did not know much about traps or other sorts of security measures, so she just imagined what someone might try to do as she looked. She shot a glance back towards the Margrave and flashed a smiled.

"Well, We could always send you in first...all that armour should be good for something"
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Previous

Return to Roleplaying