[SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

Postby Kether » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 pm

(...kether thought Kether posted in this thread most recently.. mybad)
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kether » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 am

Vlad heads to his room, to finish packing and presumably notices the note. "what have we here?"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Josie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:14 pm

((No no, I'm here, I've just been a little distracted of late is all.))

The Super-powered pugilist looks at the groups, most of them leaving the pizza place. "Whoa whoa guys. Hold on." He says, rushing over to block the doorway to the exit. He holds his hands out, trying to stop them from leaving. "Before you guys go, I say we split up into two groups of two, that what no one is alone at any given time. And if someone is taken, the other can phone it in to the others or the head office." He says, slowly putting his hands down. "I'll contact the head office, the rest of you decide on teams and head home or whatever...Call it back on the heroics. Just do your jobs and get out of there, alright? No banter or flashy styles..."

Sam sighed gently, as the group seem to generally accept the idea and leaves them to their devices. He scrolls over to the pay phone over in the corner of the room. He digs out his wallet from his back pocket and pulls out his hero ID card, sliding it into the card-reader. He watches as the panel retreats and moves into a hidden compartment of the wall as the Hero-Phone pushes out from the empty spot. He takes the phone off the handle and dials in the head office, watching the video screen.
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Major Gloria was at the head office, and hears the phone ringing, "I'll take this; sounds important." The red, white, and blue clad heroine with blonde hair and a blue mask salutes as she comes on screen. "Head office, Major Gloria, at your service. Please state your emergency." She says calmly, waiting for the caller to respond.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 pm

CalypsoNymph
Kaizer
MIA

Kris_Roth - Major Gloria aka Gloria Rodgers
Maiden Miki - Michael Anderson AKA The Hub – Mimi Eoria

‘The Seer’ eye brow notched as he saw the agent, however he was a professional and made no other notable actions letting Gloria speak instead.
The meanwhile robot AI spoke up in response to Gloria “There is no need for you to send over a delegation we will be arriving at your city quarters momentarily to being immediate investigation; the mistress has already provided standard debriefing on your situation before sending us here, the situation may result in a dimensional rewrite that will harm nearby realities which is why we were sent. Please advise the closest coordinates for one of the incidents.”

The Seer thought at the robots response ‘mistress? Guess they come from a universe with a female Doctor. Still I guess that’s better than the douche bag of a doctor we have in this reality. The doctor was renowned for being powerful… but also extremely lazy. The last time he actually did anything useful was after the villain has taken down the TV networks globally causing the Doctor to missing his favorite shows. Though the cleanup bill from the doctor’s rampage was more than the villains… still a dimension rewrite is as bad as it gets… best just humor them and let them come along.’

Pulling a list of active heroes in the area he noted that a large volume of the lower rankers were dropping out likely frightened by the whole situation. While it wasn’t that surprising even a few mid weighters like B and C rankers had turned off their badges. Transferring the information to side screen for Gloria to see who was left he noticed that one of them remaining mid weights was calling as she picked up. (the list is variable not going to list random names right now)

Meanwhile he spoke up “Very well we will aid in any way we can, in fact a incident occurred just a minute ago in down town. I’m sending the coordinates now. Also what are your names? I would prefer to have an ID in a database for such a pretty face.”

Josie - Sam Gardner a.k.a Vambrace
He would be pleasantly surprised to see Gloria having worked with her before even if he wasn’t close with the big wigs she was always one of the most down to earth heroes of the A listers. Though he shouldn’t be too surprised as apparently someone else had already informed headquarters of the recent disappearance of Pizza King, someone at the bar probably had a digital information upload method.

Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Danarth - Daniel Horatio Blaidd AKA 'Lykos' – Horo Gleason
Danarth could only watch from the side as once again Cat found about just how terrifying it was falling hundreds of feet towards the ground with no safety measure to back her.
Try as she might her powers clearly weren’t flight based, at least not in the manner she had originally thought as the wind whooshed by her face in a fierce howl, as the ground neared she found herself bracing her body for impending impact. Upon what could only be instinct she felt a power emit from her body grabbing her and slowing her descent before finally bring her to a full stop inches from the water’s surface. It was more like she her grabbing herself, holding herself up like a doll in a pair of invisible hands or strings rather than flight; it must be how telekinetic’s felt when ‘flying’. It was another second before she realized she had been holding her breath as a wave splashed her legs getting her wet.

A robotic voice spoke out from the ship “If possible please return to the ship we will be moving to the city block D59 momentarily.”

Kether - Vladimir Velenko, the Margrave
Even for Vlad’s intelligence and abilities he found he couldn’t read the note which definitely bode ill, alien or ancient languages were never good. Though the note was instinctively or likely magically telling him that he was ‘invited’. Though it seemed to be weak in power at the moment.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Major Gloria responded to the call from one of the heroes. "Sir," she says to the Seer, "We have a call from one of our field operatives. Shall I patch him through to you?"
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 pm

ZeroForever wrote:

Even for Vlad’s intelligence and abilities he found he couldn’t read the note which definitely bode ill, alien or ancient languages were never good. Though the note was instinctively or likely magically telling him that he was ‘invited’. Though it seemed to be weak in power at the moment.

He folds it up, putting it among his papers to look over as he travels. As his servants pack his armor on his private jet. He quickly boards and goes back to looking over the note as his pilot takes off.
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 pm

As soon as she began to plummet down toward the water, Cat began to scream. Panic spread through her teenage body, her arms and legs flailing, her blonde hair and red cape whipping around as the ocean rushed up to meet her! Squeezing her eyes shut tight, she held her breath and prepared herself to be submerged... but it never came. Moments later, her eyes opened hesitantly, watching the waves rolling by just inches beneath her, and she realised she was being held as if she were the doll in the hands of a huge invisible child. Another cry left her lips as the wave came and splashed her bare legs, and she leaned her head back, peering up at the observation deck.

Concentrating hard, she awkwardly 'flew' back up at a rather slow pace, sea water running down her legs and dripping off her boots. Climbing over the barrier, the inconsistent power cut out, and she tumbled head first over it, landing on her chest upon the deck with a groan. "That didn't go as I planned... ", she whimpered as she pushed herself up to her knees, and blushed up at Horo. "I definitely have powers... I just don't have a very good control over them yet. It feels like... it feels like I'm some kind of battery, and there's only so much juice than can be spent on using my powers before it runs dry... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Josie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Vambrace gave a smile upon being greeted by the blonde in the Red, White and Blue. "Hello there Gloria, it's good to see you again." He said, leaning against the wall of the phone booth lazily. "I just figured I'd officially report in that Pizza King official just went missing. I know you guys have the bar wired, but it wouldn't hurt to have someone who actually saw the abduction in front of their eyes. Plus I think I have a hunch on a few things about the case, nothing solid though....Hello Seer." He said the last bit with a bit of sarcasm. While he enjoyed working with Gloria, the Seer was a different matter. Last time he got paired up with him, he had to faced down twenty super powered rat-people while Mister A-lister went on to defuse the bomb and took all the credit, not to mention it took weeks for the sewer smell to get off his clothes.

Vambrace pushed his thoughts on the other A-lister in the back of he's mind as he started to explain the last moments of Pizza King's time on this plane to the group when/if we was brought up to the main screen. He remembered to directly mention that none of them could see the note until the D-ranked hero disappeared. As he talk, he wondered why the big wigs always got the better costumes. Even though some were just gaudy (no offense to Major Gloria), it sure as hell beat the goggles, hoods and army surplus armor the B and C listers had to work with...
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Gloria heard from Vambrance that Pizza King had gone missing. "Any clues as to how these disapearances may have occurred?" She then smiles, "Nice to meet you too, Vambrace. We are currently investigating other missing heroes, and your assistance in our investigation is greatly appreciated. Is there some place we can meet you in person...some place private?"

Gloria added Pizza King to the list of the missing heroes. "Sir, Pizza King has gone missing. Added his profile to our list of missing heroes and heroines." She informs The Seer.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Mimi could tell there was another conversation going on in the background. She listen as much as she can and piece together what was possible. During the same time, Mimi was trying to create a new device but was finding it much harder to access her abilities. It felt like before they went to talk to Doctor about this mission.

"My name is..." started Mimi when asked about their names. She then paused and was unsure on how to respond. Only what felt like a week before, she was going by the name Micheal Anderson and was a man. Now she was some teenage girl that was dressed as a maid and was being called Mimi. It was then that she decided to access the records of the ship and see if they had any type of list of herself and the others two that were with her.

"Please excuse me. I decided that it would be better if I send you a list of the crew aboard this ship," said Mimi as she found what she was looking for. "This list includes myself and the two others aboard. Will that be fine?"
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Danarth » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:10 am

(Apologizes for not responding earlier, I have not had an internet connection for several weeks)

Horo's hand fell short of being able to catch Kat, watching in some state of horror as Kat rapidly approached closer to the surface of the water. She began tying the sleeves of her priestess styled robe back so that she could dive in after Kat to save the girl from drowning. She had finished rolling back one of the sleeves before looking back down towards Kat, hoping the girl was alright or had at discovered this new power. Breathing a sudden sigh of relief as she watched Kat's descent towards the water suddenly arrested. Shaking her head a little, she let the rolled up sleeve unfurl to it's normal length as she kept an eye out.

Watching as the younger girl slowly rose from near the surface of the water, noticing the odd doll like movements that seemed be occurring as the girl rose up higher, closer to the deck of the ship. Horo turned on her heels for a moment and disappeared back inside the cruise ship for a moment, before returning with a towel. She found Kat face down on the deck and approached the girl as she get up onto her knees "No kidding, but it does seem you have some fascinating powers...just...next time try a safer approach" she handed the pale pink towel to Kat before looking out over the side of the ship again, staring out across the bay "Sounds like you might need to practice with those powers for a bit before you try anymore flying lessons" shaking her head once before the robotic voice sounded.

"Well, it seems like we won't need to be swimming to shore after all....I am rather glad of that to be honest....as I said...wet fur smells awful and takes ages to dry off...and just imagine the mess I would make when shaking my fur off in my larger wolf shape?" she chuckled a moment and winked at Kat once before moving back towards the cabin of the cruise ship. She knew the ship moved rather smoothly so there was little chance of her falling off the side, but she felt safer inside. She looked around for a time, locating a seat in the main cabin area. "Ready to go when you are, Robo Captain" she called out as she relaxed back into a chair, waiting for the ship to land and dock so she could explore a little of this interesting new world.
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:47 pm

CalypsoNymph
Kaizer
MIA
Guess were officially back down to 6 as it’s been months since I’ve seen either.

Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Danarth - Daniel Horatio Blaidd AKA 'Lykos' – Horo Gleason
Maiden Miki - Michael Anderson AKA The Hub – Mimi Eoria
(life happens Danarth, no worries)
(side thought let me know what your preferred revised superhero names/info is)
No sooner did the pair enter back in the ship did it start up again propelling forward towards the town, at fairly high speeds no doubt as the water ripped past them and the shore line got closer and closer. Almost like they were going to crash! At least until the ship shifted to a dialogue angle as it started flying once again.
“I would suggest the training room for power manipulation, however we should be arriving at the destination in a few moments” the AI responded the pair through the systems. The AI however was thoughtful enough to bring the pair drinks through one of its remote interfaces; it looked like a Gatorade like liquid and it smelled like tea. “The system shows that this should contain all the essential nutrients that you will need to a average day, enjoy”

The Seer “That’s fine with me, I’ll send you a brief bio of the local team on site to avoid any accidental surprises on site.” he responded to maid.
A brief thought of surprise passed his face when she mentioned only 2 others, he didn’t expect such a skeleton crew, either they were overly powerful, the Doctor was lacking manpower, or they were purely support and the doctor expected the locals to manage the grunt work but he would see after a brief bio was sent.

Kris_Roth - Major Gloria aka Gloria Rodgers
Josie - Sam Gardner a.k.a Vambrace
The seer let Gloria and Vambrace chat it out, while he had nothing against the B lister Gloria however got along with almost everyone so it was easier that way. The information that he provided was gave some additional details that he had already speculated at thus far so it was nice to have them confirmed still it was disturbing that someone so powerful was sneaking around in front of them.

The seer almost sneered at the next piece of information to flash across his monitor; The Margrave was coming to town. oh Joy… While not evil per say his previous clashes with the genius sociopath knew that if he was getting involved this quickly then.
While it was tempting to delay the security clearance for the Margraves ship he knew that it would be pointlessly petty in the end and at some point he would likely need to stop the mad genius or team up with him against the other threat.
He slid the information to Gloria as a side bit, while not immediate relevant he usually ended up being so...
“Captain head down to Vambraces site to rendezvous with dimensional guests. Voodoo Guru will accompany you should we can find any hints at the site. Vambrace just stay where you are and let the others know not to attack the flying ships dropping by their friendly’s”
“Very well man” the Guru said getting up to head out, some other heroes getting up to move as well.

The plane was hypersonic and wouldn’t take that long to each Manhatta, probably an hour tops. If anything else getting the legal documents for airspace permissions was the only reason for the hour as if they traveled into the air space to quickly even with an ambassador pass they could get attacked by the automated systems. Though his ship could handle them international incidents were never worth the trouble short of dire emergency. The note meanwhile slowly seemed to gather more power, if that was the right phrase he would feel it in his soul but his system read negative on all scales.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Gloria answered The Seer, "Would you want me to go talk with Vambrance, or shall I remain here and monitor all the phone calls coming in, sir?" She asks, then checks on all the leads coming into how each of the heroes dissapeared. "Sir, Vambrace reported that Pizza King touched a piece of paper prior to dissappearing. Other cases also suggest our missing operatives came in contact with a paper-like item shortly before dissapearing. Perhaps we should look into the mysterious paper connection?"
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Gloria gets the okay from the Seer to meet with Vambrance. "Sir, Vambrance requests I meet with him in person to conduct our investiagation into the disappearing heroes case. Do you want us to make any reports of our findings via the usual channels?"
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying