[SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: No More Heroes–Issue 1: Just Another Day

Postby Knight Errant » Sun May 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Out of the shadow of the alley behind her, so still she would have sworn it was a part of the wall, a figure walks up and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Boo."

As she no doubt turns to swing, her strikes are intercepted by a pair of strong arms... a pair of familiar arms. His mask hides his face, but she can tell by his eyes under it The Sentinel is grinning.

"You stick out like a sore thumb. Do you WANT to be an easy target, Fox?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Mon May 31, 2010 12:38 am

(Sorry, I was busy with a Con ^^U)

Mark is walking on the sidewalks of Stepford city. He's wearing his school uniform which is just a navy blue outfit, pants and blazer which is slightly open revealing a white undershirt. He's holding unto his backpack with one arm around his left shoulder. Its filled with books and it would weight more it wasn't for his powers to make it weight 2 pounds. Its a rather normal day for him, the city is still a buzz with activity, the papers keep rateling about super hero nonsense. He doesn't care though, he has a test today and he needs to be on his best to ace that damned thing. Mark had a nice hearthy breakfast and had his full 8 hours of sleep plus a nice bath in the morning to prepare for his big day. He didn't want to study in the day of the test, that would only hurt his chances with unrequiered cramming. He turned around the corner, face to face with his school. Taking a deep breath, he crosses the street to it.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Flannery » Mon May 31, 2010 7:29 am

ZeroForever wrote:Once again please use a grammar/spell checker, some of you are fine but some of you it’s honestly annoying.
Mary was slightly surprised the Ellis had finally agreed to the interview, after all Ms. Lois O’Neil of the Daily Planet was rather famous for picking peoples secrets from them, considering how Ellis’s ‘secret’ was pretty poorly hidden already she hoped he would hold out after all the company after all didn’t need this type of publicity. Hopefully the slightly helpful ‘hint’ would wake him up considering his state though the ‘Thud’ of his head behind the door made her pensive about it, at least the 2 hours should be more than enough for him to clean himself up.

Ellis reaches under his desk and presses a button. From behind a statue across the room, it opens up unveiling a secret room. He picks up his suit and set it inside. He goes to a closet right next to the statue. Inside the closet and picks out a casual suit for the interview. A simple pull of the statues hand and the secret room closes up. He was running on 3 hours of sleep for the past 2 days. Deprivation was getting to him. He was working a case. It was aggravating. Who ever was behind it knew exactly what they were stealing. The perp left no trace, no fingerprints, no hair, not even a force of entry. Several of the other heros offered assistance, even they too were stumped.

The intercom buzzes. One other other line is Mary. "Mr. Flannery, Ms. Lois O'Niel from the Daily Planet is here, shall I send her in?"

"Please do." Ellis straightens his tie, and brushes his hair.
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:35 am

Fox started to turn, her high ponytail flicking behind her head, and sure enough, she went to jab the fingers of a flattened palm into his throat, before his strong arms caught her and held her easily. "Me? You should be the one worried about getting kicked into next week if you sneak up on me like that again!", she said, although she was grinning too. With a flick of her head, she glanced up towards the sky. "You saw that then? Oh man, what a rush! That's GOT to make the papers tomorrow, right?". Wriggling free from his grasp, she tilted her head and looked up at him, "And I mean make the papers in a POSITIVE light. Did you see that article that mentioned us both in the Daily Planet today? They called me a joke, but then go and call that Sparkle Girl or whatever she is HOT! Why didn't they call me hot? She's just a kid!", muttered the costumed crime-fighter.

"But enough talk about the ignorance of this city. What's supposed to be going down at this warehouse of yours?", she asked, and started to walk down the alleyway, crossing the street and moving through the docks, seeking out the specific address that he'd mentioned on the phone. "Do you think it's related to those wackos that escaped from the asylum? It gives me chills to imagine what they're up to right now".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zilla » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:55 pm

And so, her quarry already accosted by the police, Sandra makes her way back to another alleyway to change back into her everyday outfit, restoring the power to her iPod. And so she continued her trip to school...

She'd gotten there just a bit early because she'd needed to check with the librarian Katherine about something on one of her reports she was doing on the difference between societies with superpowers and those with a strong police force, and the differences in vigilante justice compared to using the bureaucracy of the system. She headed into the library, but a quick check with the other librarian confirmed that Katherine was out for a while. She really needed that article from the archives, and she didn't have time to go looking... not to mention, Katherine probably had it pulled out and in her office...

Walking out of the library and across the campus courtyard, Sandra clicks her phone and dials Katherine's number...
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:14 pm

(Hmm... maybe I should have started with less people... ah well)

Flint looked as the Sentinel ran off, while helpful sometimes Flint wondered if they didn’t have anything better to do with their lives… I mean seriously somehow showing up for a purse snatching.... Come on. While the ‘presents’ Sentinel sent in would be nice, the paper work, lawsuits and the fact that half would go free because of the way they were ‘arrested’ made him wonder if the heroes actually paid attention to the real world outside their little heroing.

The Daily Planet’s copter did take some pictures of the Fox on the fly by, while the males didn’t really mind ogling her it was still the regular traffic copter and they had work as there was a still the traffic jam by the Amazing Building again, blowing up the building usually did that after all.

Ben was soon met by Ms. Wilma Murdock, the large stocky woman was clearly built bigger than most sumo wrestlers, despite that she clearly was the legal attorney he was suppose to meet. Unlocking the door to the building she pretty much gave him free reign to assess the building while she answer her business phone after she still had work despite the shape of her office.

Lois O'Neil with hair fiery red in standard business attire with a body supermodels envied stifled a yawn as she waited in the lobby for the receptionist’s confirmation. Ellis Flannery had been a notable suspect for one of the new heroes in town after all rich new billionaires in town always were, one part of her was half expecting him to cancel last minute again. Mary the receptionist surprisingly though brought her good news, getting up Lois entered the office to meet the newest billionaire and to figure out which hero he was, hopefully he had a good costume if he thought something like glasses would make a difference boy was he ever so wrong. Best to start with the standard fare though Lois thought to herself before greeting Ellis with the ‘typical’ business banter she had grown to hate.

Mark’s finals were hard so hard that they seemed like they were melting his brain, the questions were on subject matters that he didn’t even know existed before reading them. Luckily for him it turns out they were for the wrong class, unluckily he still had to take his regular finals after being subjected to it.

Micheals calls reached out to various groups and people across the city, needless to say some people picked it up like any other call, while others interrupted there various daily lives. While other people got directed to Canada again, as the call ringed the various other heroes in the city, the TV show Michael was watching zoomed in on the foxy’s cleavage before she ran off.

Being the middle of the day there were still ships docking bringing in various scents that both offended and engrossed Daniel, several he couldn’t recognize for the life of him. Some of the dock workers noticing his whitish hair sticking out of the gray and blue backdrop of the docks yelled at him for loitering on private property; it was after all a work day.

Sandra’s call gets Katherine’s office phones as they generally don’t give out there private cells out, this gave the same automated message. This call however does catch the notice of the head librarian Ms. Gram however who adds additional work to Katherine’s daily work load.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Flannery » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 pm

"Miss O'Neil! Please come in." Ellie tales a set behind his desk and reclines a bit. "It's nice we finally get to meet again. I apologize for canceling our last two appointment but my work schedule for the past month has me working at the oddest times. I have had to fly to Gotham twice. I have been interviewed by Forbes, Men fitness, The Rolling Stones, People, Popular Science, even Hustlers and Playboy. And now the Daily Planet. And as I recall the last person you interviewed was my father after he retired and then I took over. Even then, the first article you wrote about me and how I came out of nowhere to take over my father business was not the most flattering. So what have you to ask in this part two interview?"
Last edited by Flannery on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zoey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:20 am

Mark was extremely annoyed by the mistake the school made. He was sweating bullets when he took the test, he could see his educational future flash through his eyes and it was all Bull?! When changing classes, he walked back and forth in frustration, trying to vent. "I can't believe they'd do that to us... Bastards!" he murmured, and finally leaned against the wall, brushing his forehead. "If my final is anything like that, I might be in trouble... No! I gotta be positive. No way am I gonna be zoned out by them... concentrate!", he rambled to himself with his arms crossed and nodding his head.
Last edited by Zoey on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:37 am

"We will see, Fox... follow me." He leads her around to a back door which looks like it hasn't been used in years, and starts picking the lock! After grumbling about sticky locks for a few minutes, he turns the handle and wrenches the door open. "Ladies first."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 am

Fox couldn't simply walk or even run through the docks. Her crime-fighting was usually restricted to weekends and evenings, with her days spent working in the library under Ms. Gram. However, she'd been sneaking out during the day more often recently as it give her quite a buzz. She was leaping across the tops of cargo containers, cringing at their jibes and insults as she flew over the heads of the annoyed workers.

Jumping from a container to the floor, she dropped into a roll and sprung up at the side of the Sentry, walking alongside him as he led her around the back, and she watched carefully as he picked the lock before walking in there ahead of him, still chattering, "Did you read about that woman they're calling the Headmistress? They say she was a principal at one of the city's schools, and the bad behaviour of the students drove her mad. Now she's gone all super villain, out to discipline the entire city! I'm not sure if she has any powers, which means it could be a chance to make the step up from criminals to real villains. You think I could take her? I think I could".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 pm

ZeroForever wrote: Micheals calls reached out to various groups and people across the city, needless to say some people picked it up like any other call, while others interrupted there various daily lives. While other people got directed to Canada again, as the call ringed the various other heroes in the city, the TV show Michael was watching zoomed in on the foxy’s cleavage before she ran off.

Micheal made his calls and knew that some of the higher profile heroes were trying to trace him. He wouldn't blame them for doing so since not all heroes consider him as a hero since there was nothing stopping Micheal from just turn tailing it and reveal all the information he had on the heroes to villains. Still it was funny to see them try to trace him. Micheal then notice the television and gave out a small whistle as he saw a hero on the run. It was a hot one too by the name of Fox.

"I need to see if she needs my services. Still new but heck, even the big ones need my help every so often," said Micheal as she was doing a search on all of the Fox's latest happenings. On another monitor he was checking to see which heroes needed him to deliver information to. This was a much smaller list and maybe if Micheal was lucky, it meant he wouldn't have to do any today. Micheal just nodded as he pay one eye on the screens before him.

(From tomorrow to Sunday I will be out of town and away from the computer. Just letting you know)
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Danarth » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm

A few blinks brought Daniel back to reality as a number of the dock workers shouted at him, he had not realized he had wandered into private property. The scents had distracted him to a degree that he had not been paying attention to where he had been walking. Pushing himself up from the crates, he would vacate the premises before he got into any trouble.

As he wandered away from the area, he would catch sight of a figure dressed in an unsual manner jumping the crates and containers. He was unable to tell the colour of the outfit, but the strange hues of grey told him that it was probably not quite the same colour as regular clothes. Listening to the yells and jibs that seemed to follow the character's jumping about. Given the types of jibs he was hearing, he figured it was one of these hero types.

Following the figure as she landed near a particular warehouse, though he would keep his distance as he spotted a second figure with the one he had been following. Keeping his distance for the moment as he watched the second figure picking the lock on the door. He was curious as to what these heros were doing here, and how they performed their heroics. Even from this distance he was able to pick up the different scents of the two heros, and though he wasn't remembering them on purpose, it would stick in his subconcious mind.

He kept himself hidden behind the packing crates , catching a few snippets of the conversation they were having, though not enough to properly know what they were talking about, so he would wait for them to enter the warehouse before he followed, his curiosity getting the better of him
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:39 pm

“Well the rich sell papers almost as much as the spandex wearers so here I am” Lois said bluntly without breaking stride “People though have been mainly interested in your personal ‘eligibility’, given how reclusive you are at night rumors gather.”
“First like always though comes the generic stuff; you know the company…” she dead panned “the public has been dying to know what new gadgets you’ve planned for the future”

Micheal meanwhile was too busy watching the newest eps of one piece missing the next several posts.

Mark’s normal test proceeded just like that, normal. He wasn’t the first to finish no that honor went to Dexter like always but nor was he the last, despite his brain farts.

The inside of the warehouse was shiny belaying the outside, the machines shipping around what looked to be counterfeit goods of various types… it was a minor front at best. Given the random yells reverberating inside were in various languages it was likely worked by illegal immigrants managed by some of lackey.

The various other heroes conversations were not displayed because the writers didn’t have enough panels.

Meanwhile elsewhere Dr. Deus Ex Machina felt a disturbance in the force, one that reminded him of one of the greatest foes of all time… the Yaoi Cthulhu the mere thought of the foe made him shiver in more than one way. “Something approaches” he said to his apprentice before disappearing into the dimensional ether.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Mark exists the classroom releaved to have gotten out of that test room. It went rather well, but he did feel a bit of jealousy looking at Dexter. Short, eye-glass wearing nerd know it all... Still, what is important is that its out of the way and he can look forward to the future, like lunch!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Flannery » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:53 pm

ZeroForever wrote:“Well the rich sell papers almost as much as the spandex wearers so here I am” Lois said bluntly without breaking stride “People though have been mainly interested in your personal ‘eligibility’, given how reclusive you are at night rumors gather.”
“First like always though comes the generic stuff; you know the company…” she dead panned “the public has been dying to know what new gadgets you’ve planned for the future”

"Seem like where ever there is danger, there you are right in the middle of the action. When a mad man tried to blow up the city courthouse, who was the number one hostage? When a shootout between cops and bank robbers tore up downtown, who was caught in the crossfire? You live a more dangerous than I do."

Ellis reclines proping his feet up on his desk.

"Well last month I made a generous contribution to the city's police force with a new lighter weight body armor that does not skip on protection. I have also developed a new weapons system for the military that I will be unveiling later on today. It's an adaptive camouflage that mirrors it environment, making the wearer almost invisible. I also created a new line of ammunition that is less lethal. The tazer and the trank round will put down anyone, regardless of size." The ammunition will hopefully his stores within the next few weeks. It has received alot of praise form Guns&Ammo."
Last edited by Flannery on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying