[SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

Postby Josie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:49 pm

((Sorry about the late posting, Got side tracked with the release of Mists of Pandaria.))

Vambrace crossed his arms as he listened to the ramblings of his "team", the mass of insults sprouted out from the mouth of the Margrave and the ideas of who could be behind it all. He dropped out of his stance as Margrave made it at least mostly clear on the fact he was here to help, though he still remained tense with a 'I wouldn't trust him as far as I could toss him' type of look. "Good to see the ruler of Velenko being refined and courteous as always..." He comments idly, crossing his arms. "Since the rest didn't seem to wanna bring it up, Horo, Cat and Mimi are our newest visitors to our universe, so forgive them for not basking in your quote-unquote Glory..."

The super hero boxer frowned slight as the Seer appeared and added in his two cents. "Okay we got the the checklist. Find the new note-holder, save them, track the magics to leader and apply various beatings when needed. Can we get a move on already? My right is getting antsy..." He says, shaking his right hand and rubbing the wrist. "Maybe it would be a better idea for us to split up or something. One of us follows Horo and the other hangs with Guru and follow whatever he's cooking up..."
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:27 pm

(Hmm anything on Kris_Roth? Just haven’t seen him post… anyways lets continue onwards with the show.)

Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Maiden Miki - Michael Anderson AKA The Hub – Mimi Eoria
Danarth - Daniel Horatio Blaidd AKA 'Lykos' – Horo Gleason
Josie - Sam Gardner a.k.a Vambrace
Kether - Vladimir Velenko, the Margrave
The Seer wanted to rub his temples as dealing with kids specially hero kids always gave him headaches in the end. As he listened to Cat argue… no whine he was somewhat glad that it was Margrave that was taking the time to mock her as it wouldn’t be very presentable if he did it himself.
The maid at least seemed to attempt to defuse the situation though Vambrace was being his usual straight forward self though as it didn’t really affect the pace of guru’s work he let them be instead content on observing what he could about the phenomena.

The Guru was fairly intent on his work letting the comments of the others pass over him, nodding and grunting to Horo and Margrave but the words coming out of his mouth didn’t sound natural in origin if the now pulsing circle was any indication.
(Kether - going to assume you put the paper in the circle just to move the story along)
The note seemed to pulse as it became visible to all present as suddenly ethereal hands seemed to erupt from it lunging at them only to splatter against the barrier of runes that the Guru had created.
The guru finally spoke up after a few terse moments as more hands seemed to appear only to splatter again and again “Your lucky mon, it was almost living mon… but at this rate I don’t know how long we got before it breaks free and grabs you mon. Definitely another dimension though mon”

The Seer pausing in thought “Can you track the plane of reality it coming from?” asked the Guru and everyone else present.
Guru “Can’t track it while keeping it closed mon, opening it up yah but it’ll probably grab its target then mon and it’ll take me a bit to figure out so they’ll be on their own for a while mon.”
Seer eyed the others wondering what composition of units would be most effective “So essentially we’ll need to let run its course… hmm I guess a strike team would be effective to know what were up against but it will be dangerous. Any volunteers?”
The main thing was that the Margrave was its targets though he was more or less a wild card as he wasn’t a hero though I guess it could be the same for the other dimensioners.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Major Gloria remained silent until the higher-ups decided to form a strike team to travel to the detention dimension to free their missng comrades. "Sir, I would like to go help in the rescue mission, and Vambrace is itching for some action. We'll need some support and long-ranged heroes, and perhaps someone who has medical training or advanced healing."
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:58 pm

ZeroForever wrote:
The Seer pausing in thought “Can you track the plane of reality it coming from?” asked the Guru and everyone else present.
Guru “Can’t track it while keeping it closed mon, opening it up yah but it’ll probably grab its target then mon and it’ll take me a bit to figure out so they’ll be on their own for a while mon.”
Seer eyed the others wondering what composition of units would be most effective “So essentially we’ll need to let run its course… hmm I guess a strike team would be effective to know what were up against but it will be dangerous. Any volunteers?”
The main thing was that the Margrave was its targets though he was more or less a wild card as he wasn’t a hero though I guess it could be the same for the other dimensioners.

"I would be more than willing to take anyone who can follow commands,"The margrave begins, "those who know their place, those who can follow discipline.."
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 am

Cat's eyes narrowed further at the Margrave's description of the sort of people he wanted to lead into the mission. "I'll go", she said, managing to keep her tone rather calm, but she was so desperate to prove she could be a viable hero, she began to panic and slipped towards more childish behaviour.

"I have ranged powers!", she blurted in response to Major Gloria's assessment, and held her hands out. A large, sparkly pink longbow appeared in them, a glowing, transparent arrow notched into it. "See?", she said in a boastful tone to the Margrave, and aimed the magical weapon at him.

"You need me!".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Major Gloria observed cat as she demonstrated her magic pink bow and arrows. "Of course, you can come with us. Would you want anyone else to come with from your team?" She addressed Cat.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Danarth » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 pm

((Sorry about the delay in response...I have been ill))

Horo had kept her silence for the time being as she watched with some fascination as the Guru focused on his magical ritual involving the strange note that the Margrave had brought with him. She would lean forward slightly as the strange mystic with the faked accent began to perform some form of ritual magic. As the casting began, something about the unnatural sounding words coming from the mouth of Guru made Horo flinch and cringe back slightly from the otherworldly noise. Something about it made her feel slightly queasy. Shaking the feeling off a few moments later as there was a sign of movement from around the note. Horo took a rather hasty step back at the sudden appearance of the flailing limbs as they emerged suddenly from the note. The hasty step back caught her foot in the floor trailing hem of her robe and she stumbled back, falling onto her backside with a thud.

"Ow...." she muttered to herself

Looking back towards the Guru and the flailing hands from the note, she watched with some fascinating as the hands flailed about then rushed outwards, but were stopped short then disappiated by the runic barrier that the strange mystic had conjured around the note. The same otherworldy, musty smell returned to assault her senses, and she covered her nose and mouth with her sleeve for a moment "What an awful smell" covering her mouth and nose with her sleeve did very little to alleviate the horrible smell come from the extra-dimensional note. She stood up properly as the Guru began to speak talking about the note and the limits of his ability to keep it contained. When the other newcomer who had Horo had yet to learn the name of seemed to decide that sending in a strike team would be the best oppurtunity, she was about to step forward a volunteer to be part of the team, but it seemed the one name Gloria got there first, then she looked at the Margrave, and smirked a little at his statement and was about to pipe up when Kat spoke of her own desire to go, and then produce a dazzling pink energy bow out of seemingly nothing. She remembered for a moment the fight with the large machine from previously and the rather creative nature of Kat's powers "Agreed....Kat comes with us too" Horo spoke out.

"Since we are going into an unknown dimension, we need a variety of powers to cover different situations....So I would think it would be best if I went along too....My senses are naturally sharp and we'd probably want someone with fancy mechanical senses to cover where mine might fail"
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 am

Mimi listen and was a bit unsure if she should go. It would be unwise of her to follow with the state that her powers were in. If anything, she will be a liability. Though, Mimi didn't know what she could say in order to get out of the situation. She could be honest with her teammates but that could cause trouble. Then again, if she lied to them then it would break her, or really Micheal's, mantra of 'Knowledge is all powerful'. The team was depending on her abilities but it was on her old abilities. Not these new ones that are looking more Mimi had become more robotic in nature.

"I feel that I should follow in order to serve Mistress Catalina but it may be best if I stay behind," said Mimi as she bowed a bit. "For reasons that I feel I need to disclose in private with my teammates."

Mimi then looked at the other heroes then looked at her teammates in to motion to them to follow her. Mimi then took a few steps back.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:32 am

Cat glanced to Mimi as the maid asked to speak with her and Horo, hesitating a moment before the magical bow disappeared. She nodded and turned to walk over to the older teenager, not noticing the heart-shaped symbol on the front of her dress fade slightly.

"What's up, Mimi? I really don't want them to leave without me...", she said, glancing back over her shoukder at the other group, before focusing on the maid. "That guy in the limo seems like kind of a jerk, huh?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Major Gloria looked over at the assembled away team. "So, we have a long-ranged archer, " pointing to Cat, "Two brawlers," she points to herself and to Vambrance, "a canine girl with a sword," she points to Lykos, "and a technology-based heroine." She thinks about the team's dynamic, "Where have I seen that movie before?" She muses as the team awaits for the go ahead to depart for their mission.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Josie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 pm

"You forgot Mister Personality here Gloria..." Sam states, pointing a thumb over towards The Margrave and crossing his arms afterwards. "The guy who believes he's in charge of everything..."

He gives a sigh. Even with just hearing of Margrave's exploits, he knew this wasn't going to be a easy trip. Between the super-villian's self-serving attitude and the fact nearly ALL of the group were about to head into unknown territory, there was a good chance that something could go wrong. ~Damn Murphy's Law...~ He calmly though to himself, having calmed down enough since his previous mental shouting session.

He raises an eyebrow at the the robo-maid's request to remain behind and then the youngest of the three new arrivals going over to speak with her. He looks between the barely invisible hands of magics and Horo. Judging by dog-girl's reaction to the slip of paper and the Guru's barrier, whatever was waiting to grab the armored villain was not held for much longer. "What ever you decide to do, you might wanna hurry. Guru's starting to break out the higher spells or whatever to keep the slip's powers at bay." He said, eying Cat and Mimi for the moment before facing the rest. "As far as going though, count me in. It'd like to find a few of my friends that went missing because of this asshole. Plus you need someone to do the heavy lifting and I don't think Margrave wants to get his suit dirty..."
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 am

Major Gloria adjusts her shield and her gloves, readying herself for whatever lay on the other side of whatever Guru was planning... "I hope once we are at our destination, we can find our missing comrades and get back safely. I'm sure the Seer will need updates on our progress."
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Maiden Miki - Michael Anderson AKA The Hub – Mimi Eoria
Danarth - Daniel Horatio Blaidd AKA 'Lykos' – Horo Gleason
Kris_Roth - Major Gloria aka Gloria Rodgers
Josie - Sam Gardner a.k.a Vambrace
Kether - Vladimir Velenko, the Margrave

The seer looked at the motley crew assembled, not his ideal choice but it never was, looking at the outsiders walk off to talk among themselves he choose not to spy for now at least, they were definitely green behind the ears which didn’t really make the situation any better.
Turning towards the rest he said simply “Me and Guru will stay behind obviously, I’ll see if I can find some more backup in the meantime while Guru will try a patch through the dimensional barrier. Gloria I’ll leave squad management to you on the other side.”

The note suddenly flared up again as they spoke stronger this time but none the less the hands dissipated against the barrier.
Guru spoke starting to sweat slightly “We don’t have that much time Mon, let’s get this started soon Mon:”

(Do whatever conversations/preparations you need to do here?)
-Short time skip-

The assembled group stood next to the now continuously flaring note, in a 2nd circle that the guru created, the seer at some point had disappeared from the location just as easily as he had come.

Guru began chanting as the circle around the note and around you began to merge, as in a flash of light they the intertwining runic lines had fused. The group surrounded by an angelic halo of sorts as the demonic energies of the note attempted to grab them, only to fail eventually though the energy wrapped around them enveloping the group in a dark sphere of magic
“Good luck mon!”
Was the last thing they heard as the world shifted literally, as the ground seemingly disappeared as they were torn through time and space, a feeling that some had felt before but still never really pleasant.

“BOOM” announced their arrival where it was, as the magic sphere dissipated from around them they could only stare at what lay before them all.

It was definitely unnatural, at least the sky was in all of it pristine sparkly nature, it was as if someone had somehow added candy and sparkles to the very atmosphere. The ground was standing on what was likely a meadow of sorts, except there was nothing as far as the eyes could see except one structure, what looked like a giant tower in the far distance. It reached so far up into the sky that they couldn’t see the top as even the clouds were dwarfed by the mega structure. The structure itself was weird to say the least, a hodgepodge of everything, from super advanced robots on one side to what looked like medieval castle formations on the other, though only those with enhanced eyesight could really take that all in, given that it was likely 50 miles away the normal’s wouldn’t be able to make out anything until they got closer.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:30 pm

(timeline one.. before they leave)

"Girl, if she is your maid command her obedience rather than have her try and command your actions"

(timeline the second after they get there)

*He pokes and prods various scanners both mundane and mystical built into his armor*"Such a small little worldlette I wonder if its recently made.."
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Cat glanced to Mimi as the maid asked to speak with her and Horo, hesitating a moment before the magical bow disappeared. She nodded and turned to walk over to the older teenager, not noticing the heart-shaped symbol on the front of her dress fade slightly.

"What's up, Mimi? I really don't want them to leave without me...", she said, glancing back over her shoulder at the other group, before focusing on the maid. "That guy in the limo seems like kind of a jerk, huh?".

(I was waiting for Horo but I go ahead.)

Mimi looked around nervously and then said to Horo and Cat, "I do not believe it would be wise for me to join in this expedition. I do wish to go but currently my abilities are changing. In the time between our past reality and this currently one, they have went from my original powers of technology manipulation to what I can only suspect an cyborgic being with limited technology control."

"This is still new to me," said Mimi who looked ashamed to say the least. So much has changed from her days as The Hub to whatever heroic name she was being called now. Never would she thought as Micheal that she would be on the front lines. It has always been work behind a computer screen until now. Mimi was so nervous that she was playing with the helm of her maid skirt. "I do wish to come but I feel as if I would be a liability. Especially to you Mistress Catalina."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying