No More Heroes - concept/sign ups closed - OOC disc

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: No More Heroes - concept/sign ups open - OOC disc

Postby CalypsoNymph » Mon May 07, 2012 2:19 am

Oho, I can see that... and I imagine that he would be pretty upset when he finds a weapon that he actually can't use. I can just see some kind of magical explosion that took out an abandoned building, leaving both fighters KO'd on opposite sides of the city.

Hey, maybe, long ago, there was a super villian with the same powers as Cain, that was obsessed with the Cestus, trying desperatly to steal it from some great hero, since powerfull weapons up the powers they grant? And since Sam has all the memories of the past weilders... well, imagine if you remember the guy that started the whole 'Vampire' thing, and then pops up somebody who looks just like him with exactly the same powers powers!

(Note: Vampire because Bale's are generally assasin's by trade, so they hunt at night, live off of blood [money from death], and are generally really creepy. That, and 'Cain Able' was, supposedly, the first vampire. n_n)

...Mind, if Cain's ancester actually did start the whole 'vampire' think, It'd have to be Zero's call, since it's his universe, but I like it. In a totally selfish makes my character cooler kinda way. XD
My Characters

My preferences

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to PM me!
CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby CalypsoNymph » Mon May 07, 2012 5:29 pm

ZeroForever wrote:CalypsoNymph - character is good, admittedly i wasn't expecting such a detailed back story but it works.

@______________________@ Can't believe I missed this! Thanks for the approval!

...Also, sorry about the long back story. ^^; I tend to type up a bit too much for these things...
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Mon May 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Kether - something of the sort would be ok, just not as absurd plot wise. so no cosmic power stealing time traveling omni tech.

Josie - that's good character, if you guys want to do a character rivalry that's fine with me.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Josie » Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Thank you ZF. Would you like to post our decided rivalry here in the thread of just dish it out in game?
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

you can establish past incidents here if you guys want to in your bio.
While a fun concept it's not a huge conceptual issue at least on my end.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Josie » Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm

I'll hit it cliff-notes style then:
-The last Vambrace, Sam's grandfather, was a hired gun for the Bale family.
-He was present when the ritual was preformed on Cain's mother.
-Cain knows of the last Vambrace through he family and believed that Sam was also in their employment.
-Sam, having vision of his grandfather actions, believes that Cain is as evil as the rest of Bales. This led to their first fight.
-First fight ended in a draw, because nearly getting crushed to death by a abandon factory will do that.
-Second fight had Cain making a harsh in-battle choice and pulled the Cestus from Sam and tried to don them himself, after Cain discovered the gloves would not work for him, he quickly abandoned them in anger and fled. Sam counts this as his first win.
-They have adopted the old "I'm the only one allowed to kick your ass" rule, and will help each other out from time to time.
-Both keep score of their fights between one another, usually bringing it up will cause more fighting and the scores changing.
-Papers, seeing their rivalry as a partnership, have recently proclaimed them "The fastest rising team of Super Hero's in Manhatten." Which both Sam and Cain both will swear that they are NOT a team.
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue May 08, 2012 4:21 pm

ZeroForever wrote:Kether - something of the sort would be ok, just not as absurd plot wise. so no cosmic power stealing time traveling omni tech.

Josie - that's good character, if you guys want to do a character rivalry that's fine with me.

Nothing in the more extreme end just the broad "Super scientist/sorcerer dictator" thing
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Tue May 08, 2012 6:19 pm

kether - that should be fine then, just post it up when you can. as that makes 4 i'll close up sign ups again.

Josie - that's fine with me as long as CalypsoNymph agrees.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: No More Heroes - concept/sign ups closed - OOC disc

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue May 08, 2012 6:54 pm

So, My super soldier a la Captain America expy going to work in this new dimension? I call her Major Gloria (since Captain America is copyright to Marvel/The Avengers.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby CalypsoNymph » Tue May 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Ah, yes, Josie and I discussed the rivalry; all he said we discussed about and agreed upon.
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Kris_Roth wrote:So, My super soldier a la Captain America expy going to work in this new dimension? I call her Major Gloria (since Captain America is copyright to Marvel/The Avengers.

it should be good, as for copyright honestly it's a small rp I doubt they care ( i honestly don't)
so you could have used an established characters if you chose.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Wed May 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Name: Vladimir Velenko, the Margrave

Height: 6ft 7

Weight: 250lb

Sex: Male

Hair color:Black

Eye color:Blue

Villain Tier:A

Description –a fit tall man who speaks with a charming slightly foreign accent.

Biography –Vladimir claims to be the son of the slavic god Veles, but he claims a lot of things. He has made judicious use of hisown technological prowess and judicious use of propaganda its difficult to tell where the lies end and the truth begins. His nation(renamed Velenko in his honor) was part of the Easternbloc and through cunning, judicious use of his other skills he was able to come to dominate the country as its sole soverign. Its now one of the more technologically and socially progressive states in the area, if not granting an ounce of political freedom. The nation generally has good ties with its neighbors and the West especially America.

Then we get into rumors, or more properly half remembered truths that have been brutally supressed. Among the powered community its said that any form of "enhancement" is legal in Velenko, that significant funds are directed towards transhuman research and if you have the cash you can buy it whether its a genemod from a Kaiju, cutting edge cyberware and even more unwholesome things.

Equally well known among the community are the incidences involving plots of world domination, scientific espionge and hunts for lost and forgotten relics, the few times these have properly been made aware to the public countless lawyers and PR men has descended like the vultures they are. Countless bought "experts" have proven that any such incidents were caused by "malfunctioning robots" "Deranged clones" or those insidious shapeshifting mutants. Suffice to say those in the know.. see at least one face and that is of an ambitious supervillain who will do anything to succeed, while the public knows him just as one of America's many friends

Weapons – His powered armor is a one of a kind device a marvel of science and sorcery, it has your standard benefits of increadible speed surviability into the darkest depths of the ocean to the vastness of space. It grants a variety of beam based attacks often capable of ignoring the "invulnerabilities" of particular heroes, though this is not a 100 percent case. Of course that's not counting the army and economic powerhouse of his nation, but that's a rare situation in and of itself.

General Abilities –He's a genius plain and simple, while he has no real direct powers given time and equipment he can build something and it will be frightening. His magical accumen isn't the sort that more common magical type but a slow ritualistic setup more in common with science, but science in an inhumanly wrong fashion.

TF preferences -Busty maybe something subserviant to another? Or having to play the "right" version of nobility(Proper nice rather than domineering)
Last edited by Kether on Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Thu May 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Kether - looks good.

either way new people I'll change the title of the main thread when the next arc starts.
I'll probably try to move into it within the next week or so.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby CalypsoNymph » Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Ah, Zero, figured I'd post to let you know that Cain's super hero name is now Weapon Master. I edited my post, but I doubt that anybody would read it back just for fun and catch that tiny edit. ^^;;;
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Thu May 17, 2012 5:40 pm

kk starting up the next arc

side info repost

Mannahatta also known as the City of Heroes and Villains, the corner stone city of this earth. An earth where both super heroes and villains had become commercialized. In terms of size it was easily the largest city in the world boosting a population of over 62 million the city also boosted the highest population in the world of heroes, villains, and meta-humans. There was ‘heroes’ of all levels in this city over fifty thousand in fact, from E rank commercial heroes like Captain McDonald to S rankers like Ultimate man. Heck even the police were commercialized renamed the Mannahatta Men Brigade in logo’ed uniforms. This didn’t just apply to the heroes though as the under city had gotten in the habit as every drug lord had a super villain name to ‘strike fear’ in the populace. Heck even colleges had gotten into it, offering hero classes and a hero as a career path it was the main stream.
Something was wrong however, while still low key and being blocked by the higher up’s in the Hero League, the organization that managed hero contracts. Several heroes and villains had gone missing, it wouldn’t have been anything new given heroes often got drafted into other worlds and villains often would go low key before reappearing with a global takeover attempt. There was something similar a calling card that appeared at the location worried them, after all they had no record of anyone in their database that left a detention notice.
However the main issue was that whoever it was; was indiscriminate with their targets and they were strong. After real villains would never bother kidnapping a E ranker, it just wasn’t done. A social taboo if you may as everyone knew they were really just mascots. On the other hand even an S ranker hero and villain had gone was missing, while not the strongest S rankers to be able to take out one meant that they were a security risk.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying