No More Heroes - concept/sign ups closed - OOC disc

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: No More Heroes - concept/sign ups closed - OOC disc

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi, thought I'd make a pitch to be one of the new characters your super hero team meets in the new reality. It's essentially a female version of Captain America, known as Major Gloria. There was a all-female group of American military organization called the Women's Auxiliary Corps, or WAC's. They helped with organizing war bonds drives and scrap iron recycling, as well as rationing during WWII. I even created a female nemesis, the evil Fraulein Kreiger, a female German Ubersoldier with lightning powers. Major Gloria appears to be about 18 years of age, but since she is an enhanced super soldier, she appears to be youthful. If she were not a super soldier, she would be probably be someone's grandmother or great grandmother, attending church functions and Women's Auxillary meetings, or be in some sort of retirement home. She may have the youthful appearance as she would have in circa 1942, but that new-fangled terminology and techology would present challenges to her.

What do you think?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: No More Heroes - concept/sign ups closed - OOC disc

Postby ZeroForever » Fri May 04, 2012 7:29 pm

hmm may need some tweaks to fit into the storyline I was considering but in general it looks good.
Surprised you want to start off as a female captain america by default but it should work.

though i'm more surprised you posted though as i hadn't actually opened up slots yet.

either way yim me or such so we can work out details that pertain that the other dimension.

Formal notice that 1-4 slots are open for heroes/villains/people in the dimension the main crew are going to enter.

General concept of the next universe was that it's a fairly normal superhero universe with villain/heroes etc... however commercialized it is (ex - tiger and bunny).
However recently both heroes and villains have been disappearing.
Though the general populace has been untouched the sheer numbers are to high to be a coincidence and even some A-listers are missing. In general the natives are on the look out for things outside the normal and both sides nerves are high. While the lack of both is fine in some areas, however Mannahatta which has a high number of both heroes and villains the missing is causing almost at it's breaking point with both sides blaming the other and the streets almost at war.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: No More Heroes - concept/sign ups open - OOC disc

Postby CalypsoNymph » Sat May 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Ho... I recall thinking about joining this when I was first here, and disapointed when I didn't... I'd love to give this a try! Well there be TF's / should we use the original character sheet, or something else? I'll probably join either way, but still.
My Characters

My preferences

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to PM me!
CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm

yes there will be tf's, given my track record people get changed a decent amount.
the first page/post has a general profile format.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sat May 05, 2012 4:41 pm

IS the same pattern going through?
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby CalypsoNymph » Sat May 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Name: Cain Bale; Weapon Master
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 230
Sex: Male
Hair color: Usual, black. When weilding his weapon, silver.
Eye color: Usually, brown. When weilding his weapon, red.
Hero Tier: 2; C/B, but rising.

Description – A relatively tall man, clealy physically fit... he'd be imposing, but he's surprisingly lean. When he's normally out and about, he wears a pair of cargo pants with a black T-Shirt... he's fairly attractive, and knows it, but doesn't flaunt it around. A conversation will quickly show that he's fairly bright, and agreeable, not wanting to get into conflicts.

When he's using his weapon, however, there's a quick alteration to him... depending on the weapon used. What remains constant, however, is that his short black hair grows out into a longer pure silver, and his normally brown eyes glow an intimidating red. His clothing tends to alter depending on the weapon used, but if the clothing already fits the weapon, nothing really happens. If he's weilding a medievle-like sword, like he is now, then his clothing will change into plate armor, wereas if he was using a staff, it'd probably change into a monks outfit. He hasn't gotten his hands on any particularly unique, or powerfull weapons... but his outfit would probably change to fit if he ever got his hands on one.

Biography – Cain Bale has always hated only two things; His name, reminicisnt of Earth's first murderer, and his families history. The 'Bale' family, or at least on his side, has always been weapon masters of an unusual calaber... and tend to be mercenaries, villians, assasins, muggers, what have you. It's big, it's influential, and it protects it's own... except when they leave the 'family business'. Like his parents did.

Targeted by a large and infamous family, whose members sometimes were the only ones in a towns jail, is generally not good for your health. They ran, yes... the ran fast and far, across the sea several times over, eventually landing back in America. It is there that they were found, his mother nine months pregant.

When they found his mother was pregnant, their hands were tied. Most of the members had some limits to their cruelty. Don't hurt mothers, or children... some of them didn't attack woman at all, but the Bale family was always a bit proud with how liberal they were.

They agreed to let them both go... free from their family... on a few conditions. They keep the family name. They name their child 'Cain'. They inform their child of their families history, in all their blody glory, and they let them try an age old ritual, recently found, on the pregnante mother.

They had to accept, or die with their unborn child.

They accepted, and moved to Manhattan.

Cain lived a fairly normal life... he always had some trouble when people realised the deal with his name... teasing, bullying, and in one notable instance, cristian extremists trying to burn down his house. That was fun.

When he turned thirteen, he learned of his families history... and had a kind of... facination, with it. Weapon masters, spread across the globe... mostly with petty crime, but with a few full fledged super villians! Childlike wimsy combined with a slight aura of awe lead him to start trying out weapons himself. He quickly found a rather impressive talent in it. By the time he was eighteen, he was more dangerous with a staff then most with a sword. Actually, by the time he was eighteen, he was more dangerous with a kitchen knife then most were with a sword.

...Of course, his delusions of villianous grandour was nothing more then a childish dream, never really given any serious consideration... espicially after he found out his instict to beat up muggers when he caught them in the act.

It was more of a side job then anything else, really... he caught some muggers, beat them up with a wooden staff he started carrying around, and then go on about his day. Until he picked a fight he couldn't win.

Cain was flying high... life was good. His parents were helping him with his growing weapon collection, he had a cute girlfriend, and he was a small time hero! ...And then the Bale family caught on towhat he was doing.

They sent one of the... stronger, members to Cain's town... and also one of the more... brutish. He came to town, and started a small spree of muggings; Cain eventually caught on to it, and started searching the man out. Unfortunatly... he found him. He brought up his staff, and prepared for battle...

And promptly lost. Painfully.

Cain was there, lying in an alleyway, broken and in pain, as a member of his family was laufhing and stomping on his broken legs. His hands were twitching towards the staff. "You're weak!" Shouted the Bale, "Weak weak weak weak WEAK!" He laughed crazily, reveling in the pain he was causing, his hands griped around his weapon of choice; a heavy crowbar.

Cain, breathing heavily, his broken hands twitching towards his staff thought one thought: Power... give me power... the power to defend... the power to KILL!

Cain isn't sure what happened after that. All he knows is that he never had a peak of trouble from any Bale except his parents, and that he had unlocked a strange power, fueled and altered by his weapons... and felt an increadible guilt, that he's been working to repay ever since. It's since faded to nothing... but he still wished to help others, trying desperatly to avoid any deaths.

In recent times, he weilds an old medieval sword, because he feels the increased strength and damage protection will help protect him in recent times of unrest. He tends to keep to the streets, and a fairly large area is actually much safer because of him, and as he gets more used to his powers his influence is growing... but he knows that if he got a strong enough weapon, a good enough instremunt of destruction, he'd quickly gain enough power to jump right up to the A-list. Something like a vibrating blade... an alien cannon... or just a really big bazooka.

Weapons – Cain has collected a rather large collection of weapons, both mundane and esoteric, of all kinds. From hidden blades, to staffs, to swords, to guns and rifles... but due to his powers, he can only ever weild one at a time; currently, he's using an old, if study, blade made in the style of the old medievel blades weilded by knights.

General Abilities – Cain can summon a single weapon from any point of his body at any time, and gains powers and clothings based on it. For example, using a sword he gains some enhanced strength, minor invulnerability, and wears weightless plate armor. If he weilds a gun, dependin on the type, he gains enhanced speed and reflexes, some camoflaughe, and wears any of a number of outfits from a soldiers uniform to an old western outfit.

Unfortunatly, he cannot use any more then one weapon at a time... trying to causes both of them to be destroyed. He must eject one weapon in its entirety, and then pick up another one.

In addition to these supernatural powers, gifted to him by the ritual prefermed before he was born, he has a natural affinity for any and all weapons, and with just a few moments of testing he can weild it... compitently.

TF preferences - I would prefer something completely diffrent, and preferably sexy. AR is fine, but no more then three years, down to eighteen... and I, for one, love mental changes, and the subtler they are, the better. It's great, in my opinion, if the character makes all the changes to their life, both because they want to, and the punishment or thing about not doing it just... isn't worth it. So, for example, say, wearing skirts because having pants encompasing her legs is uncomfortable and sweating and many other tiny things... and wearing skirts just give a sense of freedom...

It's preferable if the end form is eceptionally diffrent from this form... like a diffrent person, actually. So, for example, a maid happy to serve, a bubbly cheerleader, a profesionally (albeit sexy) secretary that's frusterated by her boss, a proffesional assasin in a skin tight body suit... stuff like that. Feel free for limited intellegence removal, but don't go too far... down too 'distractable and bubbely', but not too 'idiot bimbo'
Last edited by CalypsoNymph on Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am

Kether wrote:IS the same pattern going through?

huh? not sure what the question is.

in general though new characters will be natives of the dimension the main group is investigating for the noted reasons.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun May 06, 2012 12:34 am

ZeroForever wrote:
Kether wrote:IS the same pattern going through?

huh? not sure what the question is.

in general though new characters will be natives of the dimension the main group is investigating for the noted reasons.

I mean would the natives be being picked off int he same tier fashion as the intial?
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Sun May 06, 2012 12:42 am

oh, no the tiering doesn't matter for the new characters in the new dimension.
the events for the new dimension aren't occurring in the same manner as the original, there will be similarities though.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 pm

And villains are options?
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Sun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm

yes, as the heroes and villains in the next universe are pretty much in the same boat.

CalypsoNymph - character is good, admittedly i wasn't expecting such a detailed back story but it works.
Last edited by ZeroForever on Sun May 06, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sun May 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Would something like a Dr. Doom Expy work?
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Josie » Sun May 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Might as well toss my hat into the ring

Name: Sam Gardner a.k.a Vambrace

Height: 6' 4"

Weight:179

Sex: Male

Hair color: Reddish-Brown

Eye color: Blue

Hero Tier: High B/Low C Hero

Description: Sam is of a decent build, not to muscular but not too skinny. He is usually found wearing a simple colored t-shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of sneakers.

Biography: Sam has a more interesting childhood them most, as his father and mother are owners of a semi-famous greek food restaurant chain. They hopped all over the country, Sam never getting time to spend his life in a city for longer then a year or so. This left Sam to become slightly colder and distant from every time his family move to be there for a new store opening. Whenever Sam inquired about his grandparents, his father's side especially, his parents would quickly get defensive and claim either that they were dead or too far away to worry about. On his the day after 18th birthday, the young man found a package on his family's current door steps.

Sam would have just taken it put it on the kitchen table for his parents, but he notice that the pack has many numerous stamps and seals on it, looking like it was shipped from locations where his family had lived before and it was addressed to him each time. He wasted no time after that, rushing up to his room and locking the door. He sat down at his bed and ripped open the packaging. Inside the brown box were a simple pair of boxing gloves and a simple note saying "Put these on, and any questions you have about us will be answered. - Helen Gardner." Sam's eyes widened at this, it was from his grand mother. He stared from the note down to the simple gloves in his lap. After nearly an hour of thinking, he finally pulled on the items.

Information started to flood his mind. Though the information Sam had found out that he is the one of a long blood in his family to be the chosen wielder of the "Cestus of Amycus" - a pair of fighting cestus crafted by Amycus, the son of Poseidon, and given to his ancestor, Clement of Alexandria. Vambrace had been the name that was adopted by the wielder of the weapon...and the wielder had not always been on the on the side of good. The vision of the many wielders and their actions had driven a number of the holds of the Cestus mad, and his former grandfather had been the most recent victim. Sam was lucky, he had not been driven mad from the process and had harnessed it power for good.

The new "Vambrace" made his appearance known to the world shortly after Sam had moved to college in Stepford city, away from his parent's watching and disapproving eye.

Weapons: The Cestus of Amycus - Normally an average pair of red boxing gloves, they become a magical pair of fighting cestus that when Sam puts them on, transforming them into their true form. In this form Sam is granted several abilities, including the strength, stamina, and durability on the level of a Demi-God.The gloves only work for Sam, and he is a normal human without them on.

General Abilities:
Boxing - Through a combination of the glove's visions and seeking training after, Sam has become quite the amazing boxer. He is clearly not at the level of say a pro-boxer because he lacks the general experience but he is still very skill.

Greek - Sam is fluent in Greek almost as English, taught by his father as he was growing up.

Cooking - Sam is a pretty decent cook, his mother teaching him the ways and several dishes that they sell in their restaurant.

TF preferences: I'm leaving this open. All yours Zero :P
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby CalypsoNymph » Sun May 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey, Josie, and Zero if Josie agrees, is it allright if Vambrace and... the super-hero name that I just realised I need to come up with of Cain are not exactly on the best of terms? I can just see so many ways for them to get on each others nerves, and they're about the same tier, so they could be not-so-friendly rivals. I think it could be rather cool.
My Characters

My preferences

CalypsoNymph
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Josie » Mon May 07, 2012 2:07 am

I could see that actually. Vambrace is all about a focused style of fighting, while Cain is the jack-of-all-trades type. Cain will never have the raw skill and power that the Cestus give Sam, but Sam's style of fighting will never have the kinda of flexibility that Cain's multiple styles can bring.

I even thought of something that may have even started the fighting. Cain may have tried to steal Sam's Cestus and during a fight he actually did get them off, but all they were to Cain were a simple pair of Boxing Gloves....That didn't end well for Cain I think. :P
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying