No More Heroes - concept/sign ups closed - OOC disc

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

No More Heroes - concept/sign ups closed - OOC disc

Postby ZeroForever » Sun May 23, 2010 11:57 am

General premise -
You are living the lives of what would be considered the typical comic book universe. Your characters are the are among the local super heroes of Stepford city, at least until Y-day reality rewrite occurs.
Needless to say on Y day all super heroes ceased to exist, not that they existences simply disappeared but in that they were no longer heroes and reality had rewritten there abilities/powers/lives accordingly so that they never could be or had the chance to be heroes. The villains were now the 'heroes' and ruled the cities/world.

The world will be based on the real world geography, Stepford city will be a random major city on the east coast of the US like half the comic universes out there.

The rp will start off before Y-day actually occurs so that your hero will be preforming there typical daily superhero lives.

Your characters are the former 'heroes' that will fall into 1 of 3 categories.
1 - heroes whose reality was changed immediately, but some memories will occasionally resurface. This will likely affect anyone that plays a A list hero, aka Superman/Ironman/Batman class hero. Heroes that were simply to well known or to powerful and were immediately transformed by the reality change.
2 - Average hero (moon knight, Luke cage), known heroes (B/C list) but not the top tier ones. Your reality and memories are both changing to match the new reality, as you're notable targets but not the main ones. In short you will have time to notice and react the change but your reality is getting changed at a moderate pace and will fully change you eventually.
3 - Heroes that retained themselves (mind) but bodily are slowly changing to match the new reality. These are the D and below list heroes, aka the failure heroes (mystery men if you will), since your still technically a hero you got affected by the change but since your so insignificant it didn't affect you right away instead your one of the few people that will retain full memories of the previous world at the expense of not knowing the new one.

I'll take pre-existing heroes from DC/Marvel but don't make it to generic or I'll slap you. Also you'll still need to fit into the new universe so if your alternate superman or dimension jumping version of a hero make note of that.

Also if you can be part of a superhero team, so do mention that.

If you want to make up a character generic info list below -

Name:
Height
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Hero Tier:
Description –
Biography –
Weapons –
General Abilities –
TF preferences -

Current players

1) Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Currently a teenage superhero
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... s/Kara.png
3) Maiden Miki - Michael Anderson AKA The Hub – Mimi Eoria
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... s/Mimi.jpg
6) Danarth - Daniel Horatio Blaidd AKA 'Lykos' – Horo Gleason
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... d3baad.jpg
10) Kris_Roth - Major Gloria aka Gloria Rodgers
11) Josie - Sam Gardner a.k.a Vambrace
13) Kether - Vladimir Velenko, the Margrave
Last edited by ZeroForever on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: No More Heroes - concept/sign ups

Postby Harri-chan » Sun May 23, 2010 12:10 pm

I've been actually thinking of trying to set up a similar RP myself, so I'm definitely interested in this one. For a long time I've been wanting to do something along these lines. Like going from a position of power, maybe getting an age regression back to to teenage years, and then trying to adapt to keep going in the new form.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Sun May 23, 2010 12:32 pm

So can i do Scalet Spider/Ben Riley, every world needs some Spider hero
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun May 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Sounds interesting. Still can we make up our own heroes or just one that exist already?

Not sure if I want a top tier hero or a low tier hero.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Knight Errant » Sun May 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Count me in for this one. I think I'll try a tier 2 hero... what kind of character sheet do you want? Or should I just make it up. I have a good idea what I want to try...
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Sun May 23, 2010 2:41 pm

what about villains?
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Sun May 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Villains are affected, but not in the negative sense that heroes are as such they are not a character option.

If you want to make up a character generic info list below -

Name:
Height
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:

Description –

Weapons –

Biography –

General Abilities –

TF preferences -

If you want to use a pre-existing character I'll still need details as there's only like 400 versions of them.
Last edited by ZeroForever on Mon May 24, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Sun May 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Ok, you asked and the web provides.only instead of dieing, he got transplanted into this unverse.

Powers
As a clone of Spider-Man, the Scarlet Spider possessed the same powers he did.

Superhuman Strength: The Scarlet Spider possessed the proportionate strength of a spider, granting him superhuman strength. He was capable of lifting 10 tons or more when under extreme duress.
Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man is able to exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair his performance.
Superhuman Durability: The composition of the Scarlet Spider's skeleton, inter-connected tissues, and nervous system had all been enhanced. His bodily tissues were somewhat more durable and resistant to impact or trauma than an ordinary human, although he was certainly not invulnerable. While his body was tougher than an ordinary human, he could still be injured in ways comparable to an ordinary human. He was seemingly killed when impaled in the back by the Green Goblin's goblin glider. However, if injured, his body is capable of repairing itself somewhat faster than an ordinary human is capable of.
Superhuman Agility: The Scarlet Spider was extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues were twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength.
Spider-Senses: The Scarlet Spider possessed an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sense which warned him of potential immediate danger by the manifestation of a tingling sensation in the back of his skull, and links with his superhuman kinesthetics, which enabled him to evade most any injuries, unless he cognitively overrode his automatic reflexes. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appeared to be a simultaneous clairvoyant response to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which had given several hundredths of a second warning, which was sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also could create a general response on the order of several minutes: he could not discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He could, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. The Scarlet Spider's spider-sense was directional and could guide him to or away from hidden weapons and enemies. Sudden and extreme threats could cause his spider-sense to react with painful intensity. The Scarlet Spider could also sense and dodge attacks directed randomly or by a computer. Using his spider-sense to time his enhanced reflexes, the Scarlet Spider could casually dodge attacks up to and including automatic-weapons fire, provided there was sufficient distance. His spider-sense was sufficiently well-linked to his reflexes to the point that a threat could trigger them even when the Scarlet Spider was asleep or stunned. His spider-sense had helped him preserve his secret identity since it alerts him to observers or camera when changing into or out of his costume. The spider-sense did react to those who Ben does not consider to be a threat. The Scarlet Spider could choose to ignore his spider-sense, and distraction or fatigue diminished its effectiveness. The Scarlet Spider's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spider-sense" provides him. An interesting sidenote was that, because Ben was not the host of the Venom symbiote, his spider-sense did not see the Venom symbiote as himself, and therefore triggered his spider-sense.

Ben Reilly as Scarlet Spider
Superhuman Reflexes: The Scarlet Spider's reflexes were faster than an average human by about a factor of 15 (he was often able to dodge bullets, if he was far enough away). His practical reaction time was at least a dozen times that of a normal human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allowed him to dodge almost any attack, or even gunfire, if he was far enough away.
Superhuman Equilibrium: The Scarlet Spider possessed the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seemed able to adjust his position by instinct, which enabled him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow. He had developed a unique fighting style that made full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.
Wall-Crawling: The Scarlet Spider possessed the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcame the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permitted the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces was so far limited to the Scarlet Spider's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. Limits to this ability seemed to be psychosomatic, and the full nature of this ability has yet to be established.
Power Grid [8]
Intelligence

Strength

Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Abilities
Photography
Strength level
10 Tons
Paraphernalia

Weapons
Webshooters similar to Spider-Man's.
Impact Webbing; a modification of the normal webbing that covers a target upon impact
Stingers; used to temporarily incapacitate foes
Trivia

Ben Dyes his hair Blonde.

Addendum Bio...After his "death" in his home demention, Ben wound up in Stepford and started his slow recovery. Having watched the local Heros in action, he didn't figure he was needed, so started a handyman's service. Then a couple years ago, he witnessed a crime in progress and no heros available to stop it. His Old Uncle Bens words came back to Haunt him once more...With great power comes great responsibility, thus the Scarlet Spider was reborn. Known around the city, he would be considered a second tier, but little is known about the crimson wall crawler and several anonymous photos of Scarlet Spider and other local heros appear in the Stepford Press from time to time as well
Last edited by Miku-chan on Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 am

Name: Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox
Height 5'5"
Weight: 120 lbs
Sex: Female
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Blue
Hero Tier: 3

Description – Super Hero form - She wears a red lycra bodysuit, covering everything from the neck down, in the skin tight but stretchy material. Gloves and panties of the same material but in white are worn over this, and she has white leather boots that come half way up her calves. The finishing touch to her outfit is a simple white bandit mask across her eyes. She's quite short and slim, although definitley has curves in the right places, emphasised by the snug outfit, while her shoulder length blonde hair is always tied in a high ponytail.

Secret Identity - A librarian at Stepford City University, her blonde hair usually worn loose, with thick but stylish glasses. She likes to keep a smart image, lots of crisp blouses and short skirts, with nylons and heels, and is usually carrying a stack of books around under her arm.

Weapons – She has basic firearms training, but doesn't usually carry any weapons around with her.

Biography – (I'm checking if real world locations can be used in the bio. If not, I'll rewrite this to be more vague)

Katherine grew up on the coast of Cornwall, in England, in a lazy little beachside village, which was packed with tourists every summer, but just the locals and some surfers during the rest of the year. Her parents ran a tea shop in the village, where they baked their own cakes and even made their own ice cream. Due to the nature of the town, business boomed during the summer, but it was quite quite a struggle the rest of the time. Katherine, or Kitty as she was known during her childhood, loved it. Every day after school, she'd head for the beach with her friends, where she'd surf until she was too tired to even stand anymore.

When she was seventeen, her parents decided their business couldn't go on as it was, losing money for three quarters of the year, so they decided to leave the village, and head to the United States of America, where the novelty of their traditional English tea shop could make them money all year round. They ended up in Stepford City, and sure enough, business was booming. Kitty was not happy however. Feeling her name was a bit childish now, she used the fresh start to introduce herself to everyone as Katherine. Her routine went through a big change too. No longer near the ocean, there would be no more surfing. Desperate to pick up a new hobby, she began trying everything that the kids at school were into, although nothing really grabbed her, aside from developing a curiosity in comic books, and she became a regular customer at the local store, picking up new issues every week.

It was six months after the move across the atlantic that she finally found something to replace the thrill of surfing. It wasn't from anyone at school, but from TV. A documentary on free runners in Paris. She watched in fascination as these people ran up walls, vaulted fences and leapt gracefully over giant gaps, and even viewing it on the TV was enough to give a small adrenaline thrill. As soon as the show was over, she headed out and started to practice, which resulted in a lot of bruises and soreness for several months before she started to get good at it.

Another few months passed, and her closest friend at school, a girl her age called Jane, started to mention martial arts classes an awful lot. She wanted to join, to make her feel more confident in the big city, but didn't want to go alone. The idea didn't exactly thrill Katherine, she wanted to spend as much time as she could practicing her free running, but she reluctantly agreed to accompany her friend to the evening classes, once a week.

A year passed, Katherine and Jane both graduated from High school, and made the move to Stepford City's University. By now, Katherine almost never fell when she was out free running, which she still did as often as she possibly could, and she'd even advanced a little faster than Jane had in their martial arts classes. It was a cold December night, when the girls were walking to Katherine's car after an evening of shopping for Christmas gifts, when Katherine's life changed forever. In the dark parking lot, they were attacked by a guy demanding all the gifts, as well as their purses. Considering they'd spent over a year in martial arts class to prepare for a moment like this, Jane made the first move to scare the guy off, but after being startled, he pulled a gun and fired in a panic, the bullet digging deep into Jane's chest. He fled the scene as Jane lay there dying, Katherine screaming at her side. No help came.

Overcome with grief for the loss of her best friend, Katherine vowed to do something to put a stop to crime in Stepford City. She was overly-emotional, and had probably been reading too many comic books, as her imagination started to get the better of her. When Jane had first mention learning some self defense, a guy in their class had offered to hook them up with his older brother who could get them all kinds of guns. First, she tracked down the former class mate, and then, his brother. She not only wanted to buy guns, but learn how to use them, so he hooked her up with a friend of his, who for a small fee, gave her some lessons in how to use her new firearms. She doubled her martial arts classes, and managed to squeeze in even more free running, eventually learning to combine all three of her new talents.

Several months later, she'd managed to break up five muggings, and also busted a drug dealer that was taking advantages of some of the local high school kids. It didn't come without dangers however, as after one particular attack, the criminals came back for her in larger numbers, and she was barely able to get away. After that experience, she realised she needed some kind of disguise, just like the super heroes in her comic books. This was harder than it sounded, and she went through several thrown together costumes before deciding to do things with a little more style. Everything she did relied on her speed and agility. If she got shot, she'd already screwed up, so the new outfit was light on protection. A red lycra bodysuit, bought from a dance store, white lycra gloves from the same store, a pair of white leather boots from a seventies fancy dress store, and a pair of white lycra panties to go on the outside, just like super man! The final piece of her costume she actually borrowed, on a night out with some of the college girls, she ended up in a bar with a party of girls dressed as cowboys and indians. One particularly drunk girl had a white plastic bandit mask over her eyes, a mask that she didn't end up taking home with her.

During her final weeks of university, she saw they were advertising for a new librarian, which proved to be quite an inspiration. Who'd ever imagine that a librarian and a costumed super hero could ever be the same person? She adjusted her image a little, and started to wear smart business skirts and blouses, with nylon tights and high heels. She started to wear glasses, and cut her hair short to add to the appearance of maturity. And that's how she now lives her two lives, renting a small apartment above a comic store, just a couple of blocks away from the university campus, spending every evening fighting crime on the streets of Stepford City.

General Abilities – While she doesn't have any actual powers, she's an excellent free runner, able to climb Walls and leap over gaps with the grace of a feline, and like a cat, she always lands on her feet. Her other talent is martial arts, using her speed and agility to avoid incoming attacks, disarm her opponent, and deliver pinpoint blows of her own.

TF Preference - I'd really like an AR here. Around the 13-15 range. As she's only a minor hero, I'd like her to keep her memories, but have her body transform to fit the new reality, with the villains thinking that was enough. Then it would be Katherine's (maybe referred to as Kitty again like she was as a teen) task to adapt, to start practicing her skills while in her new and different feeling body, and then trying to balance her quest for revenge and super hero secret life, with a normal schoolgirl's life, worrying about keeping up with grades, keeping up with a social life etc.
Last edited by Harri-chan on Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ZeroForever » Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 am

everyone - please list the characters current tier, in the respective city/universe and try to tie it in with the bio.

Miku-chan - do a minor bio in relation to his current situation if your gonna do a existing/dimension jumping character, aka has he been in stepford for a while, is he well known, etc...
the marvel info sites could just be linked to avoid the block of text effect.

Ickle Harri-chan - create a basic bio, at least so that I can figure out how important she is.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Mon May 24, 2010 12:37 pm

ZeroForever wrote:everyone - please list the characters current tier, in the respective city/universe and try to tie it in with the bio.

Miku-chan - do a minor bio in relation to his current situation if your gonna do a existing/dimension jumping character, aka has he been in stepford for a while, is he well known, etc...
the marvel info sites could just be linked to avoid the block of text effect.

Ickle Harri-chan - create a basic bio, at least so that I can figure out how important she is.

Sorry, I did say before the info that I wasn't finished yet and had to do the bio. I was doing that on my lunch break at work and ran out of time, but just wanted to get something up incase I was too late. More coming very soon.

EDIT: I've added more to my character. Still not complete. Missing the kinda vital super hero name.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Mon May 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Go go gadget character inventing!

Name: Stan Darkwood AKA The Sentinel
Height: 7'
Weight: 251
Sex: Male
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Blue

Description – Stan's 'work uniform' consists of a black and grey camo print suit of body armor and a black bandana mask to cover his face. Tall and muscular, he strikes an imposing figure even out of his costume.

Weapons – The Sentinel uses a combination of martial arts, various types of lethal and non-lethal grenades, a automatic pistol, and an assault rifle. Both of the guns are loaded with rubber bullets, but he has spare clips of live ammo for those special cases.

Biography – Stan is ex military. He grew frustrated with being sent to foreign lands to fight 'national threats' when his letters from back home told him about the gangs and criminals which were slowly taking over his hometown. So he had himself shipped home, and started taking back his city one night at a time.

General Abilities – A bit of a jack of all trades, he is good with detective work, hand to hand combat, and of course, urban warfare. His military training does not go to waste, and if he had the capitol like Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark, no doubt the nation would be hearing of his exploits. But as it is, he remains just a local hero.

As for what he will slowly become... hmm... how about a buxom dancer and waitress at the Casino Royale? Entertaining the crime lords he had been up in arms against seems a suitable irony... hehehe.
Last edited by Knight Errant on Sat May 29, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby ZeroForever » Mon May 24, 2010 3:00 pm

first post updated, was rather lax about what I wanted so i wrote up more requirements/information.

Knight Errant - I'm assuming your a C lister unless otherwise stated.
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Updated my application again.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Mon May 24, 2010 7:18 pm

I will post a bio adendum later tonight and fix the link so it frees up the block, ((posting from the phone sucks sometimes))
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying