[FFRP] The Empowered Valley

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] The Empowered Valley

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 am

Frog here, thought I'd start one of these for myself.

The basic idea is that this large unnamed valley has been soaked in magical energy for ages. The end result being a rather healthy and very lively place. Native creatures often become sentiant and gain special abilities.

Outsiders can have any number of things happen to them, from just being there. Ingesting things will often result in odd changes, mostly you getting some trait from or associated with whatever you ate/drank.

Also, powerful magic items litter the valley. They are the source of its magic originally, but it is now self sustaining. These items very greatly, all the way from popcicle sticks that can make your hair any color, to a sword capable of calling forth god knows what.

This thing is mainly a place for me to do stuff while I wait for othemr roleplays, so feel free to do what you like. Or just sit back and watch as I induce transformations upon some character I make while bored. :P
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Re: The Empowered Valley

Postby Millinescence » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm

((Very interesting! <3 How do you sign up? Is there any rules for creating characters or anything?))
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:09 pm

(( Yay! I was hoping for a topic like this -- I'm sick and have little do to, so randomness is always nice. =) Any rules we should be aware of? ))
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 pm

No, not really. Go wild.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:19 pm

(( Hahahahah... Very well then. ))

Steven Shepard let loose a string of expletives almost immediately upon waking up... In the middle of nowhere.

Such things were reserved for drunks and schizophrenics, he told himself as he examined his new surroundings - which appeared to be ripped straight from a fairytale. After all, When Steven had gone to sleep the night before, he had been safe within his own bed in a Chicago suburb. It didn't take a genius to realize that this place was nowhere near Chicago. He sighed, kicking the trunk of the tree he had woken up next to. To make matters worse, there didn't seem to be anything sentient nearby - just a lot of plants and random forest critters. What was this, a Disney movie?

(( Do to him what you will. :P ))
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Steven hears a loud creak from the tree he kicked, as if the tree was in a wind storm. The slight breeze deffenitely does not warrent such. :lol:

Mean while, he can also feel something building up inside him, but he can't tell what.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Millinescence » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:32 pm

((Alright! This is gonna be fuuun~ ^_^))

Stephen would notice a man appearing out of nowhere! He's lying down and appears to be asleep. Dan Fetcher wakes up and reaches for a pair of round-rimmed glasses that also appeared out of thin-air. He puts them on and looks around, straightening his messy black hair. "W-w-where am I?" He stammers, taken aback by the beautiful scenery. "Am I still dreaming? No...looks too real to be a dream." He still wore his pajamas and looks to be 18 years old. He promptly looks at the source of the creak when he hears it and notices Steven.
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 pm

"Great," He mumbled, even more frustrated. "That's just fantastic. Freaking unstable tree is liable to fall on me..." He sighed before quickly walking away from the small grove of apparently-unstable trees - and almost stepping on a guy that certainly wasn't there moments before. "The heck...?" He muttered, eyeing the newcomer up and down. "It's not a dream... I'd say it was a trip if I was on anything, but I'm not." He sighed - the presence of another person in the same situation suggested that this was, in fact, real. The 17-year-old high school Junior extended a hand to the other boy. "I'm Steven," he said simply. "You have any earthly idea where we are or how we got here?"
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 pm

((Haha...ok, I'll bite))

A motor cycle can be heard warbling in the distance. As it crests the hill, it suddenly sputters and shuts down. The rider looks shocked at the sudden shut down but continues to coast as far as he can. Once down in the valley the rider, Cameron Harper, parks it in the shade of a cluster of some kind of Berry trees. The berries look juicy and inviting, so he grabs a handful and starts to eat them..."I wonder why the bike shut down, there is plenty of gas and the battery shows a full charge...Hmmm"
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:47 pm

The seemingly normal tree that Steven kicked was now writhing about, a few branches moving sepporite from the rest. They launch themselves at him almost ensnaring his body like some giant squid's tentacles.

Dan would also probably notice the feeling of pressure inside himself, specifically his back around his shoulder blades.

For Cameron, the world starts to shift about him, seemingly getting smaller and, even more oddly, slightly faster. He finds himself feeling stiff, he can still move, but it takes more effort then normal.

Also the bike starts shifting shape, slowly adopting a humanoid shape and losing it's metalic appearence.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Another string of curses flows from Steven's mouth as he struggles against the possessed tree. "Okay," he gasped through gritted teeth, "Last time I checked I wasn't on TV!" Alas, his efforts to pull himself away from the seemingly-demonic plantlife were in vain - the tricky, snarled branches had no intention of letting him go. He could feel himself losing his footing as he was slowly pulled towards the tree. "Oi, bud, a little help over here would be much appreciated!" He gasped, wild desperation and fear tinging his voice as he addressed Dan.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:54 pm

all_knowing_frog wrote:For Cameron, the world starts to shift about him, seemingly getting smaller and, even more oddly, slightly faster. He finds himself feeling stiff, he can still move, but it takes more effort then normal.

Also the bike starts shifting shape, slowly adopting a humanoid shape and losing it's metalic appearence.

Cameron watches in fascination as the world seems to speed up and get smaller. He attributes the stiffness he feels to his long ride on the bike. Slowly he turns towards the bike, just in time to see it loosing its metallic look..."Whaaaattt????" slowly escapes his lips, he wonders if the berries were some kind of hallucinogen, though they didnt look like any of the ones he read about in his biology classes
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Millinescence » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 pm

Blindsense wrote:"Great," He mumbled, even more frustrated. "That's just fantastic. Freaking unstable tree is liable to fall on me..." He sighed before quickly walking away from the small grove of apparently-unstable trees - and almost stepping on a guy that certainly wasn't there moments before. "The heck...?" He muttered, eyeing the newcomer up and down. "It's not a dream... I'd say it was a trip if I was on anything, but I'm not." He sighed - the presence of another person in the same situation suggested that this was, in fact, real. The 17-year-old high school Junior extended a hand to the other boy. "I'm Steven," he said simply. "You have any earthly idea where we are or how we got here?"
all_knowing_frog wrote:Dan would also probably notice the feeling of pressure inside himself, specifically his back around his shoulder blades.

"Hey, I'm Dan. And no, but I don't think we're in Kansas anymore either." He says, looking around as he massages one of his shoulders. "Ahk...this place is defiantly weird..."
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:06 pm

((Yay fun forest of randomness!))

Richard Black descends into the valley, backpack on back and hiking stick in hand! He wasnt exactly sure where he ended up... I mean he HAS a GPS in his pack, but whats the fun in that? He was hiking along the mountains when he saw this cave... ducking into it he found it was more of a tunnel... and it opened up into a whole valley! Who knew?

It was certainly worth some exploring.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Miku-chan wrote:Cameron watches in fascination as the world seems to speed up and get smaller. He attributes the stiffness he feels to his long ride on the bike. Slowly he turns towards the bike, just in time to see it loosing its metallic look..."Whaaaattt????" slowly escapes his lips, he wonders if the berries were some kind of hallucinogen, though they didnt look like any of the ones he read about in his biology classes

The bike steadely changes, eventually becoming a lovely dryad. (Um, I'm trying to find a picture and stuff, but yaaaa...) mean while Cameron's skin becomes a woody brown and becomes much rougher, almost like... bark? Something also seems to be linking him to the new dryad, and the link seems to be getting stronger.

Knight Errant wrote:((Yay fun forest of randomness!))

Richard Black descends into the valley, backpack on back and hiking stick in hand! He wasnt exactly sure where he ended up... I mean he HAS a GPS in his pack, but whats the fun in that? He was hiking along the mountains when he saw this cave... ducking into it he found it was more of a tunnel... and it opened up into a whole valley! Who knew?

It was certainly worth some exploring.

As he traveled further into the valley, Rchard could start to feel something inside him seem to build up...
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Next

Return to Roleplaying